HOVERBALL CAT

According to this report, “This picture was taken just before Hoverball Cat took off at supersonic speed. It sounded like a whistle and a scream and the ground caught fire.”

big orange hovercat

Via Mr. Andersen at Implodr

Comments

1. How ees thees possible??

2. Reminds me of how the Death Eaters swoop around in “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.” I’m scared.

3. Bluemenro says:

Hard to tell where his head ends and body begins! Love the determined look on this kitteh’s face.

4. This cat looks just like my huge fat cat Goober!!! I’ve always wanted to capture his grace in hyperspeed, and now I don’t have to.

5. What the what?????

I would not want to be the noms that hoverkitteh is aiming himself at.
    But first he must check the vectors, Victor.

6. this pic is awesome!

7. Like a giant bubble cat…

8. Michelle says:

Floof ball!

9. Oh my god, I just peed myself. This is too funny!

10. LOL!!!! I think this just made my day..

11. Sweeda88 says:

OH NO! HoverFatCat is going to take over the world with its floofalicity!!! Duck and cover!

12. cyberpunkrocker says:

Sub-light speed… light speed… ridiculous speed… LUDICROUS SPEED!!!

["They've gone to Tabby!" 8O - Ed.]

13. omg!
    i’ve said it before, but how do people get these shots?!!?

14. I think this defies physics the same way bumble-bees do…

15. Wowsers!!!! Looks like the original Hover Cat has evolved from floating over a glass tabletop to this:
    Kirk: “Warp speed ahead!!”
    Scotty: “I canna go any faster, Captain! The HoverBlorp is right behind us and is closing in fast!!! BOOM!!! FADEOUT……………

16. Oh hahahahahahhahah lololololllllll….’k, I know there’s feet there somewhere, but U can’t see them!! ahahahahahahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. wuyizidi says:

He’s straight out of a Miyazaki’s cartoon.

18. If I was any smaller then that cat, I would be terrified!!!!

19. Fluidstatic says:

wuyizidi, I would pay GOOD MONEY to see a Miyazaki anime with a Hoverball Cat in it.

20. What you don’t see in that picture is one horrified squirrel.

21. Crookshanks swallowed a bludger.

[Hehehe - Ed.]

22. Wuyi and Fluid — maybe go see Tim Burton’s “Alice”. Chessie, y’know.

23. skippymom says:

Oh man, this looks like Skippy, if Skippy packed on a few pounds, grew his hair long and popped a bunch of acid.

24. Nicolletta says:

Mom, the cat lost its legs again!

25. AppleBun says:

This is great! Is this even real?

26. Malle Babbe says:

“That’s no moon. It’s a space station”

27. Resriechan says:

um, cheshirekittehcat:

Qu:

Was Scottie ever given ANY dialogue, besides “she canna ga na fastah, Keptin” or “She’s givin’ it all she’s gaht, Keptin”??

(seems to me that Star Fleet might have screened Scottie out of employment, as “not being a team player”…..)

Signed,

“What? ME? An axe to grind??? Why, I oughtta….”

28. this picture makes me very happy! so very happy indeed!

i NEED a ride on the hovercat!

29. kokobutterbuns says:

WhaaAAaa?? Where are Kitties legs?

30. Is that the new balloon animal for the Macy’s parade? It’s great, you can’t even see the ropes!

31. Awesome! This cat rules.

32. victoreia says:

I don’t know which references slay me faster: “Airplane”, “Harry Potter” or “Star Trek”…..

Are we sure that’s not really one of those Force-propelled remotes like Luke used for lightsaber training?

33. CoconutCheez says:

this is the MOST amazing cat picture i’ve seen on CO. Ever. Unbelievable, unpossible, uncomprehensible.

34. AuntieMame says:

NNNNNNYYYYYYEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWW

35. @Resriechan: No, I think that was the extent of Scottie’s dialogue, and I rather think he was happy to have even that: the only other thing he did besides that was to stand around looking perplexed (which, by today’s standards, would probably considered serious acting….. :roll: )

36. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

It’s a floating dustmop with a face!!! XB

I wish my cats could do that…must teach them to turn into hoverball cats and take off a warp speed!!!! =3

37. Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battlekitteh!

38. It seems that the only chance Scotty had for any real dialogue came from “The Trouble with Tribbles,” including such great lines as:
    “He called the Enterprise a garbage scow!”
    “That’ll give me a chance to catch up on my technical journals.” (I use that one at the doctor’s office all the time!)
    “Just before they went into warp, I beamed the whole kit and kaboodle into their engine room, where they’ll be no tribble at all.”

Get it? KIT and kaboodle! hahahahaha!

39. Wahhhhh?????

40. @Theo: I just googled a photo of the Cheshire Cat in Tim Burton’s “Alice”;
    Looks way different from my avatar: it had so menny teefs that it alarmed me…. :shock: (It must be my evil twin…..!)

[Still, Chessie was my favorite character in this version. - Ed.]

[Also, go take another look into a real cat's mouth. Mm-hmm. Toothy. - Ed.]

41. It’s Miyazaki’s Catbus! (WikipediaImages)

42. LOL@ AuntieMame!! Also, MMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

43. @ N. Fritz: :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor under-rated Scotty….!

44. Hon Glad says:

Om Padam layayai namah. Om Padmayai namaha. Om suchayai namah. Omswahyai
    namah. Om Padam Sundayai namah.and other spiritual type stuff already,

[I wrapped a newspaper round my head, so it looked like I was deep... - FZ.]

45. Hon Glad says:

Scotty was played by an Canadian, his accent was barely passable, the noo.

46. Could this be the real-life inspiration for Sushi Cat?

47. Hovercat.
    Hovercat.
    Does whatever a hovercat does.
    Can he soar, above the clouds?
    No, he can’t, he’s a cat.
    Look out! He’s a hovercat!

48. @ N. Fritz:, Scotty also had a good line in By any other name…”It’ green”.
    Referring to the last bottle he pulls out wile trying to get Tomar the Kelvin drunk.

49. Surely it’s the intense concentration that keeps this cat in the air.

“No it isn’t, and stop calling me Shirley”*

* paraphrased quote from Airplane.

50. Resriechan says:

@ NFritz: :) :)

and Mika: :)

(“So, what I think I hear everyone sayin’, is that Scottie *DID* venture out beyond those two lines I quoted….ok. Got it & thanks everyone for playing!!!! :) )

51. victoreia – nearly did a spittake on that one!

52. Marcy Hunt says:

A fur ball!

53. KittyMarthaPoo says:

OMG i love this picture so much I am going to use it as an avatar. What could be cooler than a flying fat tan cat? Looks SO much like our Taffy, may he rest in peace.

54. Heather in Oregon says:

I played sushi cat, now I can not unplay it!

55. @cyberpunkrocker & related Ed:

Oh NO, you most certainly did NOT!

[That reminds me, I need to change the combination on my luggage... - Ed.]

56. LaureninGeorgia says:

Saffron @ 5 – great Airplane reference. RIP Peter Graves!

57. hovercat looks like its gonna implode!!!!

58. Fleurdamour says:

Crookshanks Leviosa!

59. Leh-vee-oh-SAHHH.

60. Where can I get one?!?

61. LOL Fleurdamour! :)
    I LOVE this photo! It gave me a much needed chuckle.

62. @Patito Gigante HA! Ha ha ha ha ha!

63. Fat, fuzzy feline projectile.

64. What an amazing picture!!

65. @ Ed. – No offense intended! I was simply pointing out that Hovercat looks like a Tribble (er, yeah…. that’s the ticket)

[What? I had no opinion on the matter; no offense taken...? - Ed.]

66. lavender says:

This is too cute and unbelievable. I love it

67. Aiiiiiieeeeeeee! The flying feline furballs have arrived to take over the planet! Be afraid. Be very afraid…

68. Queen of Dork says:

I love this picture! He looks so intent. Like he has a serious mission. Maybe to go, “shhhhhhrrrrrrrrvrrrooooooOOOOOOOOMM!” and burst into the local grocery store where he’ll slam head first into a bag of kitty nibbles. (crunch, crunch)

69. Queen of Dork says:

Also: This makes a great desktop background, and the ears flattened back probably help him achieve light speed faster. I wonder if his body elongates into a ferrety shape when he hits mach 10?

70. @ Ed.: Oops, did I misattribute? I thought you made the comment about “thanks for playing” but I see now that it was really… YOU! (turning in dramatic Agatha Christie fashion and pointing at…) RESRIECHAN! BTW, We never finished the love-sponge conversation from “Blue Turnip and the Queen” post. My love-sponge was a gray and white tabby named Jeeves. “Built for comfort, not for speed.”

71. (minus the fangs)

72. This is adorrrrrable! I want to play soccer with the little dude!

73. Utterly amazing! I see a Hoverball Cat toy line, animated series, the works!

74. The 21st Century’s answer to The Flying Apple?

75. Resriechan says:

@ N. Fritz:

GASP !!!!!(NOT ME??????) 80

ok — Lovesponge — that was me, also, I thinks? I don’t know much about the program here except that it is targeted to peeps different from moi.

However I live in N. Florida and there exists here, a majority of
    pickup trucuuuuucks with gunracks & massive wheels…Lynnerd Skynnerd (I COULDN”T CARE LESS about spelling that’un keerecktly) is from N Florida…..so this might give you a sense of the clientele to / for whom the radio program called

–I kid you NOT–

“Bubba the [cough, gag] LoveSponge” is intended.

Signed,

Am I required to acknowledge my ‘Mericun citizenship?

76. let the LOLCAT quotes begin…..

77. :lol: If I could catch Hoverball Cat :lol: I would make sure he/she would have lots of love, pets, yummy food, etc. :lol:

78. when this picture loaded i literally said “WHAT THE F***???” out loud. loudly enough to scare my cat off the chair. and probably make it look like that.

WHERE ARE ITS LEGS???

79. marycummins says:

Looks like a cat meteor zooming toward earth. Fantastic pic!

80. Wow, THAT’S AWESOME.

81. BStrange says:

Hovertribble Mode: the perfect way to keep catfeets off of nasty wet grass (note the garden hose in the lower left) after the big bald-bodied peoples try to soak their lightly-toasted lawn back to life. NNNNNNYYYYYYEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWW is right. :D

Legged version is cute too, but much less with the gigglings and the bogglings. I pre-fur this’n. ;)

82. i herd this

[audio src="http://ufoseries.com/soundEffects/ufoFlying.mp3" /]

en then i herd this

[audio src="http://ufoseries.com/dialog/immedLaunch.mp3" /]

am i gonna be on teevee?

83. It looks like a Beholder kitteh from D&D:P

84. Run little hovermice! RUUUUUN!!!!!

85. Incoming!

86. That look of sheer concentration!

87. Fur Blorp.
    Furblorp.
    Frblrp.
    FRBLRP!

88. Magus Eldred says:

Gravity Cat Emoticon is not amused.

89. definately a Miyazaki cat like Totorro. I lub him.

90. Bears a strong resemblance to Nite Owl’s Owlship as seen in the “Watchmen” graphic novel or movie.

91. Cute kitty! :)=^..^=

92. I can see him hovering around and disapproving in everyone’s general direction. For some reason (in *my* head anyway), it has the voice of Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force…(Pyew. Pyewpyew, pyew! )

93. With or without legs, he has a fabulous face!
    Awwww!

94. @ [redacted - Ed.] — I think your perception is mistaken that CO focuses only on cute stuff that is “REAL.” I think the standard is whatever has some element of cute, sometimes tinged with strange or odd, just to keep things interesting. Or, whatever tickles someone’s fancy or might elicit an “Awwwwwwwww.”

Artificial “rules” don’t rule here…..just fun. So enjoy whatever you see for whatever it is, and leave judgments out of it. OK? ;-)

95. Blimp Kitteh!

96. LOL! what the heck?! too cute (but weirdddd)… :)