Hedge Fund Investor

“Oh hai, I’d like to make a deposit. Ehn!” [shoves coin forward]

Another quality foraged link from Ant! [AQFL]

Comments

1. Is that a hedgie or a baby porcupine? Either way, I want to snorgle, but am afraid to. >>

2. OMG! A Canadian hedge!

3. “I haz a money.”

4. kibblenibble says:

He/She is smilingk! AND has a very boop-able nose.

*boop*

5. That’s right, its important to start ‘em young. This one could replace the ETrade baby.

6. Nope, non-Canuck money since has seven sides: looks like a Brit 50-pence piece.
    And the holder looks like a hermit possum with a sea-urchin shell.

7. Resriechan says:

(hoping the Hedge/porcu. does not read English)

Now THAT is a Funky-lookin’ face!!!!

Cosmic, dude.

8. Another happy depositer!
    Hedgehogs are illegal in the state where I live. Well, actually it is OWNING a hedgehog that is illegal. I wonder if I just advertised on Craigslist for a hedgie roommate, and one applied, and we decided that it would be a good match, and I rented him/her a room, if that would be okay? Is it illegal to sublet to a hedgehog? Hmmmm? (head tilt, scratches chin)

9. 260Oakley says:

Pencive hedgie prefers to pay with coins because he doesn’t like sticky notes.

10. so tiny…

11. And yes, I think that is an English hedge that runs wild in gardens, etc., (Of the tiggywinklius subspecies) rather than the African variety we keep as pets other places. Well, that people who live in states and countries who don’t have arcane anti-hedge laws keep as pets, I should say.

12. 260Oakley says:

Hedgie also does not like to go out to dinner with you because he’s always getting stuck with the bill.

13. *Gasp* He kind of looks like a sea urchin with a face!

14. Watergirl says:

Actually I believe that is a Barbados dollar.

And the little hedgie is adorable. I always want to cuddle them despite the spines.

15. Ewwwwwww wat a face I’ve seen cuter

16. CrazyCatLady says:

I’m an Aussie & I believe that’s an Australian 50 cent piece. So the bebeh is prolly an echidna :)

17. tamibrat says:

awww… is that a baby hedgie? so cute.

I got kisses once from a gorgeous shy little Egyptian hedgie… still haven’t recovered. Precious little thing.

18. Aussie here also. Our 50c coin has 12 sides. The coin in the pic has seven. Face and feet are all wrong for an echidna, and it’s a bit too small. An echidna that size would be a baby, and the babies don’t have well developed spines. A friend of mine once has a couple of baby echidnas she had rescued and raised (she was licensed for that work). Very cute.

For a look at a baby echida, try:

or at “uglyoverload” (a gross calumny)

Or heck; just google “baby echidna”. You won’t be sorry, peeps.

19. Dear lord, at first I thought that was some kind of cyclops spike-ball! The snout looks like an eyeball, and the arms + their shadows kinda look like a smiling mouth. Freaky! (But still cute.)

20. Fran in L.A. says:

So ugly it’s cute! So tiny, too. The coin gives great perspective.

21. AU 50c has eight sides, this has only 7. Not a Barbados dollar, as from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbadian_dollar, you can see the ‘head’ of the coin does not have Queen Elizabeth II on it.
    However, when you look at the 50p on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_pence_(British_coin), you can see that not only does it have seven sides, it also features Queen Elizabeth II. So my vote goes to the English 50p.

22. i agree. must be 50p. cuz i don’t think a hedgehog could lift a pound.

23. Haha, false alarm, not Canadian. LOL DAMN! Very very very cute though!!!

I love it when they’re putty in your hands.

24. Felicityanne says:

Yep, it’s 50p. Which is currently worth about 76 cents. Which is making my US ebay purchases 50% more expensive than a year ago…boo!

25. this has to have a new rule of cuteness, like when super small and prickly with wrinkly nose … and coin attached :)

26. Great. Now he’s got hernia.

Thanks a lot humans!

27. I live in the UK so can definitely tell you that’s a 50p coin ;D

What a cute little hedgehog, he looks incredibly delighted that he’s been given his first bit of pocket money :)

28. Hon Glad says:

Melissadesa – What elegant hand you have, Pennybeans is a very lucky hedgie
    to have such an attentive owner. I am sure he/she returns the love you give.

Yes peeps, that’s a 50 pence piece, I’ve been around since they first appeard,
    I still prefer the 10 bob (shilling) note. Most of the pre decimal coins
    had alternative names, 6 d a tanner or sprazie, 2s 6d half a dollar (there were $2 to the pound once, 10s note half a bar half a knicker, £5 a pony.

I think the hedgie must be like Benjamin Button and start off old and grow younger. The opinion of Baby’s in Britain is they all look like Winston Churchill when first born :0

29. Hon Glad says:

Melissadessa – I of course meant hands. :)

30. Dear Hon Glad- thanks for the info on Brit money. I WILL NEVER FIGURE IT OUT.
    But thanks so very much for trying to educate me.

31. Just remember that there are four farthings in a penny, four pennies in a groat (but eight to a Scots groat), nine groats to a leopard, and seven leopards to a guinea, and you’ll be all set.

32. That must be a very old hedgie – he’s all grey and wrinkly!

33. Chick(en) says:

lol, so nice to see this again! I have that picture on my computer from at least two years back. Can`t remember where I found it though. But the cute/ wrinkle/prickly factor is still through the rooooof! :))

34. bookmonstercats says:

Hon Glad, I don’t remember the “sprazie” (sounds Scottish for some reason) at all. I vaguely remember half a bar and well remember all the rest.

*sigh* a 50 pence piece (which is what hedgie is holding) is just loose change these days (“slummy”). Could you ever have imagined getting a 10 bob note (its pre-decimal equivalent) even for special birthdays or Christmas? Riches beyond the dreams of avarice!!

*heads off on zimmer frame to have a mug of Ovaltine and a midday snooze*

@Katrina, you bet it was complicated. That’s why it changed.

35. LovesDogs says:

Happy Happy Hedgie!!!

36. He has his money all ready to go…not to small to go on the rides. Animals are so amazing. Cute

37. LOL Elegant hands, no one’s ever told me that….well I’ve heard “piano hands”, but never elegant *floats away on cloud*

Merci.

38. A hedgehog investing in a hedgefund! :0)
    It’s so simple and silly that I can’t stop giggling!

39. (The little hedgehog is incredably cute as well! Great job! :0) )

40. This hedgie is a direct descendant of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, of Beatrice Potter book fame…….. Mrs. TW always taught her children to be frugal and her efforts really paid off; (Rumor hazzit that this hedgie went on to become a banker; this pik is really an ad, showing him in the process of making a loan…….) :wink:

41. ‘..And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar’s.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to hedge the things that are hedge’s. And they marvelled at him…’
    From the book of Hedge 12:16-17…believe it or not..

42. Ummm: SB Beatrix, nawt Beatrice……. :oops: :oops: so sorree……!

43. I don’t know much about hedgehogs and their reproduction methods, but I just can’t imagine something giving birth to a critter with that many spiky things…

44. Fluidstatic says:

The little smile… the squinched up face… the tiny tiny tiny paw on the 50p… *splodes*

45. Resriechan says:

so, Hon Glad — the only part that I got, was where you referred to “knickers”……

Signed,

Mischevious

46. Resriechan – I don’t know if its origin was that nickers were a £1 a pair thus 10 bob
    (Shillings) only bought half a knicker :)

Which reminds me of a childhood ditty :-
    We three Kings of Leicester square,
    selling knickers at tuppence a pair,
    how fantastic no elastic
    not very safe to wear

Oh star of wonder star of light star of royal beauty bright……..

47. Resriechan says:

@ Hon Glad: How very … um…eloquent???

(Myself, I think they ougghta re-establish Vaudeville. You’ve a bright career awaiting!!)

;)

48. Hon Glad says:

Resriechan – A rata tata tah tah tah….My dogs got no nose…how does he smell…terrible
    kaboom tish.
    Ithenk yor.

49. resriechan says:

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Massive crowd roars its approval.

**ROAR**

Signed,
    Now THAT’s what I calls hoooomer.

50. The face looks part seal, part pug… So would that be a Hedgepug? a Sealhog? Hmm.

51. From bombs

52. This one is my favorite!! I love it so much!

53. Kristie says:

NOT A PORCUPINE OR A HEDGEHOG! It’s an echidna, and that’s an Australian fifty cent piece! At that age, I’m surprised it’s owned by someone! You can’t own wild animals as pets here, so I’d say it’s a vet or a carer holding an orphaned one… Which makes it a million times cuter cause it’s having a great life instead of being sad!