Toot Tweet

I’ll see your prog-rock zebra finches, and raise you Chicken, who favors the jazz flute; mostly old-school influences like Herbie Mann, with a bit of Ian Anderson…

We’re lovin’ your lovebird, Rachel D.

Comments

1. victoreia says:

8-O A lovebird named Chicken? :D

2. Good thing it’s not made of wood or it would be splintered to toothy-picks by now!

Cute cute peachy cute!!! Thank you! This made me happy!

Best lovebird perching spot. . .my Teacake will fly out and perch on our friend Fred’s turban when he visits. It’s the funniest thing you ever saw!! No. . .nothing is sacred in my house.

3. 260Oakley says:

In a battle of the bands, I think this guy wood win, if he didn’t get too keyed up (’cause then he might blow it).

Slow day at the ol’ cubicle, folks.

4. Toot Tweet… Toot Tweet.. .a treat you can toot on, a toot you can eat.

( Ala Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!)

5. ok, CuteOverload, you need to STOP it! I am obsessed with birdies, and you keep showing me more, and I know intellectually it would NOT be a good idea with 11 kittehs…
    The last time you got me started thinking about cute little anmals, I ended up with 2 guinea pigs.
    halp!

6. skippymom says:

Looking at this bird makes me crave a nice bowl of sherbet.

7. @Victoreia, I knew a Cockatoo named The Chicken. ;)

8. You can tell that Chicken is a serious musician: just look at his grip on that instrument; (And he hasn’t even started to play yet…..!) :shock:

9. @260Oakley LOL LOL LOL You always leave me laughing! What a cute birdie!

10. First it’s the stringed instruments, now it’s woodwinds… :roll:

11. What a pretty birdie, and such good taste in music, too!

12. Perched on a park bench/eyeing little worms with bad intent/Aquabudge!

Damn you, NOMTOM! No woman should have to have Jethro Tull in their head!

13. Aqualung, my frieeeee-eeend . . . .

14. Hey, I’ll admit that Metallica was robbed at the drop of a hat but you can’t deny the awesomeness that is the opening to “Locamotive Breath” when you can practically hear the skin being peeled off the guitarist’s fingers.

And seriously, toot tweet? Only Mike.

15. Hey, I love Jethro Tull! Ian Anderson’s eyebrows crack me up. :P

Ahhh band nerds. I went, “Flute!” before I properly saw the picture… and I’m a saxophonist. Chicken is very adorable, though, and I’m sure he(?) is a virtuoso.

16. I used to play flute but nuttin’ fancy like that one there.

Whatchoo doin’?? Whee!

17. Hon Glad says:

I favour Bud Shank myself.

18. Roooanne says:

@ceejoe – I think you might have a problem. Admitting you need help is the first step……

I have a cat & a bunny but I fell in luv with a birdie at the pet store that looks just like this one!! Only 6 hundred bucks. Called a conjor, or sumthin like that. Only lives for about 25 years. I don’t see why I can’t have heem…… he’s probably musical too!

19. Resriechan says:

Cute boidy!!! I got nuttin’ in terms of a punchline.

However, kids, I can offer the following:
    The Related Vocab. Quiz du Jour:

“what is the Offish Correct” term, for someone
    who plays a Flute (other than, “well, howdy there, Mr. Anderson)??

Helpful Hint: It IZZN’T “flutist” ….

20. Oooo, it even looks like it’s an open-hole flute…SERIOUS musician bird there! Bet those stretchy little claws are perfect for hitting the B-foot!

At last, I know why my birdies hate me practicing Sousa so; they’re JAZZ boids!

21. Resriechan: Flautist. But I know a surprising amount of people who can’t pronounce it even if they ARE flautists, so I think we get to allow a free pass on this one!

22. @Paunchie: You’re so cute!

23. Resriechan says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand JupiterStar wins the blinged-out computer Mousie for today, kids!!!

24. MamaLana says:

Hey, I knew it, too! Flautist. Really.

25. kibblenibble says:

Rooanne, that is a conure. I had one that I loved for 20 years. They are a big commitment, a lot of work, very noisy and messy. A parrot is not a pet for the faint of heart, so please research before you adopt. If you decide to go for it, your bird will make you laugh every day. ☺ Good luck!

26. Herbie Mann? I would have thought avians were more Herbie Hancock fans. Or maybe Charlie Parker.

27. Sun conures are absolutely stunning birds… http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:R1m4fTSHi2dBxM:http://pamperedpets.co.za/images/PC100011.JPG but so is Kenny B(ird) here…

28. this one time, at band camp

i broke a hazelnut shell with my beak

29. victoreia says:

@blair: *snerk*

30. Everybody-*snerkity snerk!*
    Now, how about some James Galway and Jean-Pierre Rampal? Hmmm??????

31. @Rooanne – we have a sun conure in our flock and he is my husband’s clingon! He fling himself at Barry when he walks by! He makes a hell of a noise and requires a lot of attention so make sure you are ready to be a dedicated bird mom if you want one in your home. They are beautiful, but nuts!! We love our little man. . . he is bonded to a male quaker parrot! Hee hee! My alternative life-style parrots!

32. “Birdland, The Jazz Corner of the World”

33. Resriechan says:

Yay, MamaLana!! Yay!!

34. Anonymous Coward says:

!!!

his name is really “Chicken”???

No joke?

35. Roooanne says:

Thanks Kittenkibble & Trinkdink – I was actually joking, because I could not afford the boid anyway. But I could tell he would be trouble and need a lot of attention. Just my kind of animal!

36. Your bird is fabulous. I had one just like yours and he was awesome but died a few months ago. One moment he was just fine but suddenly he dropped dead (maybe some kind of heart attack, at least it was quick), I cryed for weeks.