When Yarn Isn’t Cat’s Best Friend

“Dear God, I look like a blue turnip and the Queen wearing plankton.”

Uh, you do know that Dr. Zombie still has claws, Shana L.? [I'm reminded of that snarky ole gem YouKnitWhat!? - Ed]

[...or this. - Ed. the First, i.e. "Theo", ahem]

Comments

1. Wow. I never thought I’d see something that makes a cat look even MORE like pocket lint.

2. Close your italics tags. Close deeeemmmmmm!

3. Your italics. I can close them.

[They're the new CSS-friendly style, actually, like /em instead of /i - Ed.]

4. The ‘talics. Meg closed them.

5. chanpon says:

Kitty karrot kozy?

6. fifthsonata says:

CO, are you messing with me? Or have I lost my last…two marbles?!?!
    I didn’t notice this adorkable photo the past ten times I’ve looked at this site, and then I see this….it looks like the kitty’s ENTIRE eyeballs are blue!

[We had one of those time-warp hiccups. The fabric of the universal continuum had unraveled a bit, as it were. I fixed it. - Ed.]

7. Queen of Dork says:

I like the green “hair” at the top of the…outfit?

8. “When you let go of me, I will KEEEEEL you.”

9. Queen of Dork says:

Ed: Oh. Time-warp hiccups. Those are weird but kind of fun somtimes. ;)

10. aliesha says:

knitty kitty :)

11. Resriechan says:

…..”sweateauw”??

12. That is truly horrifying…

13. Daphne Moss says:

I, Psychic Kitteh, predict: You will be haunted by the smell of pee whose source you cannot locate…

14. Sweateauw, definitely. ;)

15. junemrc says:

awwww my mister kitten would KILL me. although I desperately want to knit him something that he won’t shred. I made a Santa hat for his mamacat…

16. Hon Glad says:

I sense pent up furry fury
    “Nessum Dorma pal, Nessum Dorma
    I’ll catawaul neath your window and shred
    your cashmere sweaetauw. As god is my witness
    I’ll never let you belittle moi again.”

17. Dakeeks says:

the lil pigeon toed dangling paws keeeel me :D

[Yeah, they'll do that. :nodding: - Ed.]

18. “Blue Turnip and the Queen” would be a great name for a band!

19. Queen of Dork says:

Daphne: Or maybe a slimy, surprise hairball hacked up in the middle of the pathway on a dark morning right where one has to walk to get from one room to turn on the light in another room. 8O

20. Queen of Dork says:

N. Fritz: I once years ago in Seattle during the whole Grunge thing worked with a woman who would take her lunch break on a particular bench outside. Her name was Juliette so I always thought of that spot as “Juliette’s Bench” which I thought would be a neat name for a band!

21. kibblenibble says:

The leetle ear peeking from the top of this knitted contraption slays me. Pretty little kitty!

22. @Q of D: and of course, you would be the Queen in “Blue Turnip and the Queen”! Now, what’s your genre?!

23. Queen of Dork says:

I would be honored! I like classic rock and roll such as one of my favorites, Led Zeppelin! Or Talking Heads. Or David Bowie. Or Simon and Garfunkel. Or Beatles. And classical music! (I could go on and on until I needed to take a break on Juliette’s Bench) :)

24. Awww C’mon! I’ve barely begun to recover from teh Ocelot & Beer Drinkin’ Kitteh!
    *slumps to the floor*

*recovers to note*
    (at least it brings out kitteh’s eyes)
    *notices bit o’ear peeking out the top & faints again*

25. Queen of Dork says:

(uh-oh)
    *gathers the passed out Metz from floor and tucks her into bed with kittens and puppies. Let’s salad eating baby rhino trot through room to correct any imbalance in hormones/fainting urges. Fluffs pillow, re-arranges tulips in vase and squeaks away*

26. YouKnitWhat!! So true. I was just revisiting that lovely web site a couple of weeks ago and laughed till I had tears in my eyes. Thanks so much for the tip on that bad boy, Meg!

Now, about this kitty ‘garment': looks like the kind of yran that is a royal pain to work with because you can’t tell the difference betw your loops and its built in loops. I love the color scheme.

27. This is so cute I think it deserves a knitted tag. Or maybe cozy?

28. fifthsonata says:

*phew*
    What a relief – I’m not as crazy as I thought I was. I know being a musician makes me a little more crazy than…crazy…I probably shouldn’t come to this site to see adorable furballs if I want to hang on to my last shred of sanity, eh?

On another note….I LURV the kitty’s LIPSTICK!

29. @Blondie :lol: I agree with you :lol: That kitty looks like SOMEONE is going to PAY for putting him/her in that outfit :lol:

30. There aren’t even words to describe how awesome this is. There. Just. Aren’t.

31. Daphne Moss says:

Ah, yes, Queen of D…my cat’s favorite trick… place the vomit pile on the steps.

32. nicolletta13 says:

I want to tickle those dangling feets. Is that wrong?

33. CathyDee says:

Now that the kitteh has a lovely blue ensemble to match his eyes, I think he needs something in pink to match his immensely beepable nose. If the knitter has any fingers left, that is . . . . .

34. victoreia says:

@fifthsonata: I didn’t think you were allowed to keep your sanity around here…… (Oh, wait, I’m thinking of someplace else….)

Call me crazy, but doesn’t this scream “revenge will come”? (Aka “impending doom”)

35. *wakes up in bed with puppehs & kittehs & notices bebbeh rhino nomming tulips…
    gives up and calls in ded 2 work*

36. AuntieMame says:

Somehow I’ve never pictured the queen in plankton. It just doesn’t seem to be her style. :D

37. THIS IS MY KITTY!!! yay! Dr. Zombie is very honored to be featured on cuteoverload! Thanks!

Feel free to email me to make custom kitty/puppy outfits!

38. My cat gets that look on his face when I knit him stuff too. :-p

39. 260Oakley says:

Darling, you look wonderful in purls.

40. kittens in knittens’

41. That’s wrong on so many levels! ROFLMAO :D

42. Snorglepup says:

Shana, Love the crocodile hat! and your pretty kitty…

43. dreamspinnercheryl says:

Shana, honey, lots of your stuff is really cute, but I gotta ask-what did kitty ever do to deserve this????

44. Trez4400 says:

my kitteh boy won’t even let me put a collar on him. I can’t imagine what he’d do if I tried to do this to him.

45. Dear CO Overlords,
    Thank you EVER SO MUCH for the link to the “You Knit What?” blog. I am only sad that I missed its heyday.

46. 260Oakley, groan, love it. You own the interwebs. Poor kitty will never be able to hold his head up amongst the other kitties again.

47. He looks like he’s wrapped in blue cotton candy.

A perfect entry for a “knitted category.” – hint

48. BStrange says:

I’ve known cats who were love-sponges. This one’s a bit more spongelike than most…

49. Is this a Kitty Cozy?

50. hate to be the one to do it:

it’s crocheted.. not knit!

51. love the hind legs. they’re closed so demurely.

52. resriechan says:

@ Eds: a possible additional Tag?

“Cute, or Sad?”

53. I love his back feeties!

54. HAHAHAHAA!! OMG.

a blue turnip and the Queen wearing plankton! Awesome.

55. I’m not sure kitty looks like the Queen so much as the Queen Mum. That was one of her favorite clothing shades.

56. Observe the feeties in the Curl of Shame. Poor bebbeh; he looks like Ralphie in his pink bunneh suit at Christmas.

57. Dr. Zombie’s eyes bespeak plans of total revenge, absolute pay-back time!!!
    (Kitteh also looks like he’s about to say: spmrksfg drbskfl BLAAAAARGH!!!) :shock:

58. @BStrange, I thought I was the only person who used the term Love-Sponge!
    @Feezie, excellent observation (Ralphie)!

59. Kory- Was that an inuslt >.>…ehn…
    Anyways, No matter how Lady Gaga it looks, the sweateauw is tewtelly anerable on the little kitteh. (tries hard to use C.O language…ehnnnn….)
    ykwim

60. Beth (in NC) says:

Theo, for some reason I just had to share this…

I clicked back to Knitting Rabies, giggled, and then went to one of my other daily dose of happiness websites and found a reference to *cuddle rabies*!!!! Random coincidence, non?

[I don't know; there've been CO/QC crossovers before... - Ed.]

61. Resriechan says:

“Not that Ubangi, The Other Ubangi”……
    long-lost archival history of CO…….

InteRRestingk. VERRy Interrrestingk.

62. Resriechan says:

Also @ NStrange: nope, doubtful. Here in the wilds of North Florida there is (cough/ gasp) a radio celebrity who uses that monniker (“LoveSponge”)

Unf. I cannot report that this individual does wonderful philosophically profound work…..and the term “scatalogical” would be a complimentary understatement…..whereas I’m inclined to believe, that in your life & with your loved ones, it is used as a loving term of endearment….

63. Resriechan says:

NFRITZ not NStrange

(I’m gonna curl back up into my linens & start snoring now.
    OBVY using my alleged braincells isn’t part of a wise gameplan for today……………) :(

Signed,
    NPouting

64. Somebody’s gonna get a complex.