What is this—a Pixar movie?

Behold some pure, unadulterated, old-couple-style nuzzlence:

birds nuzzling

[Eye Plinking Xtreme Close Up]

And someone get me Pixar on the phone:

Another beaut from Flickerererer Jessica L.

Comments

1. Oooh, pretty colors!

2. I’m in awe… what are these lovely boids?

3. ok, after perusing the flickr page, it appears they are a pair of red-cheeked cordon bleu’s. O.O

4. Like fluffy rainbows of love!

5. talonsmom says:

“fluffy rainbows of love” — I agree — thank you for that beautiful description

6. aaawww….. CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

7. T.T this makes me lonely.

8. tracylee says:

d’awww, how tweet…
    I think I’ve just built a birdhouse in my soul for these lovelies

9. Resriechan says:

(mischevious giggle)

They’re Norwegian BLUES!!!!! They’re pining, for the Fjords……………..

(Bwa ha and ha — esp directed to veteran M. Python afficianados….)

10. Tracylee TMBG reference FTW!

11. Does that first photo not have the typical adorbs rollover text or is there a joke I’m not getting?

12. Resriechan says:

@ Erin: sometimes here on CO, the Editors put a pic on & the hovertext develops a weeeeeeeeeeee bit later….they gotta feed us the pics ASAP, ya know!! I would guess that within 30 min or an hour, they’ll have hovertext….

(and there was a hovertext, sooner, on one of the lower pics; just XEPCU but a hovertext nonetheless)…….

13. Resriechan says:

@ N. Fritz:

Now, “TMBG” is a reference, that I DON”T know….what did I not get???

14. yolanda says:

Ahh, Cordon Bleus. They’ve become my favorite twit! I have a pair in my aviary here and I am delighted to tell you all that these adorable little birds giggle when they crow. That’s right, the male’s song sounds like giggling, a full-hearted gentle laugh that says no matter what’s going on, it’ll be alright in the end. These charming birds are bold, brave, bright, and curious, and they laugh when they sing. (but they’re fragile and hard to breed so don’t race out buying them as pets without some research.)

15. @Resriechan – only the GREATEST LIVE BAND ever! With highly educated lyrics AND they do children’s albums! http://www.theymightbegiants.com/

[Who watches over you? - Ed.]

16. Altogether now Awwwwwww! for that last Squee enducing Shot!

17. How tweet!

18. I <3 birdies. These guys are so colorful they look like they were painted in oils, or maybe made out of play-dough!

19. They look like they got into my box of eye shadow and rolled in all the colors I don’t normally wear (like blue!) So pretty.

20. Trez4400 says:

beautiful

21. Christy says:

That one bird may want to tone down the rouge a little bit!

22. Kevin?

23. Sasha's mum says:

The female (the one on the right in the bottom pic) looks very puffy. Methinks she’s about ready to lay an egg or three.

(Excellent MPFC reference, Resriechan — ya beat me to it.)

24. Hon Glad says:

Cue- Rachmaninov’s second Piano Concerto…..slow movement.

Fiona – Oh Gerald, when you do that to me, my spine turns to water,
    a thousand violins begin to play, rockets burst into golden stars
    and the elastic in my knickers, twangs a melody of an ancient
    song lost in the mists of time.
    Gerald – I know Fiona, I know, and when I do this?
    Fiona – I am in ecstasy Gerald, I find it hard to control myself.
    Gerald – I know Fiona. I singly tingly yearn and burn for you.
    Fiona – Oh Gerry say you’ll never leave me, not ever, never,never.
    Gerald – Well I am afraid I’ve got that hot chick in the next nest,
    to give a good seeing too.

25. LOL @ Hon Glad!!

And I love the last pic. Oh, the sweet dreamy head, resting on the lover’s shoulder … and the big BLORP! of feathery guttulence … sigh. :)

26. Resriechan says:

@ NFritz:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH NOW I get it!!!
    (and D’OH!!)

— I jist needed the unabbreviated version. I had, inDEEDY, heard of “wonderfulness” and “They might be Giants” in the same sentence.

Signed,
    Not the Broadest Group of References in the Box.

(Now, MPython; recovering ex-Catholicism, growing up in a Navy Family — any of THOSE, I could volley for dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

27. Ah! Birds have such personalities. I never thought that I’d say such a thing but after my Mum owned a budgy, I have a new appreciation for our feathered friends. Lovely.

28. Amanda the Panda says:

In the EPXCU above the lady bird’s head, it looks like a duck! I wonder what that is?

29. Wordmama says:

TMBG = They Might Be Giants. I think the reference is to a song of theirs that includes the phrase “Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch / Who watches over you / Build a little birdhouse in your soul…”

[...not to put too fine a point on it. ;) - Ed.]

30. Wordmama: Not to put to fine a point on it …! :-D

31. Theo, jinx 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10 COKE!

[Already have one right here. Diet. :P - Ed.]

32. BrianMPLS says:

Looks more Pelican Media than Pixar. :)
    ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424565/ )

33. The colors are nothing short of magnificent! Little lady on the left does look like she’s got some eggs to lay. Mom and Dad don’t care if they’re boys or girls, as long as they’re healthy. And colorful.

You can’t tell me these birdies don’t have feelings.

34. Say I’m the only bee in your bonnet.

35. They giggle when they crow?!? Oh my gosh, I really want to hear that! I found this link to Cordon Bleu audio on Wikipedia, but I don’t have computer speakers at work. I’ll have to wait until I get home. But in the meantime, if any of you want to listen, here it is: http://ibc.lynxeds.com/species/red-cheeked-cordonbleu-uraeginthus-bengalus

36. Oh, I just checked again. They don’t have sound recordings available yet. Yolanda, please contribute to the IBC!

37. Paunchie says:

Ah. So, does the male have red patches on his cheeks, and the females not?

Look how pretty the light is on their beaks in the first pic!

And Cordon Bleu, like chicken breast stuffed with cheese and ham?

38. Fluidstatic says:

They’re so sweet together. It makes me a little lonesome. T.T

And now whenever I hear the line “Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch,” I’ll think of these loveys.

39. Lose that Girl all animals have personalities.. Cows pigs Chickens.. They are beings and they each have their own little personalities.

I can say this pretty unequivically having now had chickens goats ducks bunnies sheep and a goose and a turkey not to mention dogs and cats and three rats. And had the opportunity to care also for the neighbors horses ducks and cutest baby cow (heifer if you want to know) ever., and cockatoo and macaw.

I think we have seperated ourselves from animals too much in our society. IT is a shame. I think that is one of the reasons CO is so popular. aside from all the fun in the comments. When you get down to it we are all in need of attachments not just to fellow human beings but to the animal kingdom too!

40. Awwwe such cute little birdies!

41. Yes, but even TMBG cannot decide if it is Istanbul or Constantinople … :D

PLINK!

42. fifthsonata says:

How perfect would these pictures be for a “create your own caption” contest?!

43. talonsmom says:

why do I not find nuzzlence in the glossary? why?

44. TracyFlick says:

why did the last image almost make me cry?

45. talonsmom says:

also, what about plink? eye capsule? how are we supposed to comprehend the cuteness were are seeing? I am waiting anxiously for the 2010 edition of the cuteoverload dictionary, before I implode to an excess of unexpressed cuteness.

46. Aw loveable birds and beautiful!

47. Super sweet picture Im getting a toothache!

48. I was just singing Birdhouse in your soul on Sunday! TMBG came to my college back in the early 90s. SO much fun!

These birdies are beautiful!!!

49. @Hon Glad, just for you:

50. paulajeanne says:

Awwww….well, just…..awwww…..

51. tessamo says:

“When I’m calling YOOOO-oooo-ooo-ooooooo-oooo-ooooo-ooooooo!”

52. Hon Glad says:

Theresa – Thank you that is brilliant, I’d forgotten how funny Victor Borge was.
    You must keep an efulgent evanscent effluvia of a coruncopic cathartic compendium of mirthful musin gs.

53. Oh Wow…what photos…I love this site, it makes me smile every morning:D

54. Queen of Dork says:

Good heavens those are beautiful pictures! After a hard day such as this one, picutres like this are so wonderful and soothing to look at. Thanks!

55. MoonCatty says:

How to tell which is the boy and which is the girl? So often in bird species it’s the boys that get the lovely plumage, while the girls are much more subdued so as to provide good camouflage while hatching eggs. But these beauties… WOW! It’s like a gorgeous color party for both genders!

The last pic is soooo sweet and shows the love between the pair. While one leans against the other, he/she puffs out feathers as a sign of deep birdie emotions.

Souls are big and small, furry, smooth, feathered and scaled…

56. i shall call them… SNORGLEY-POOFS!!!

57. awwwwwwww love birds!

58. cheekymonkey says:

quick! someone get Randy Newman on the phone….we need a soundtrack for these birds…

59. Birds are so adorable. I’m quite excited to heard cardinals and other songbirds in the morning now, instead of just crows cawing all the time. Yay for spring!

60. BStrange says:

Snorgley-poofs (kmae) + fluffy rainbows of love (Dora D) = sounds like a cereal commercial mated with a plushie ad and spawned birds. Beautiful beaksies on those two!

[Sounds to me like a South Park/Robot Chicken crossover. :twisted: - Ed.]

61. BStrange says:

And Theo takes the pass and spikes it in the end zone. *crowd cheers*

62. Wuv, Twoo wuv.

aw.

63. Cordon Bleus?!

But they don’t look anything like chickens…

64. <3