“I Don’t Like to Move It-Move It! I Don’t Like to…Move-It!”

Those imbecile penguins are trying to hotwire that boat again, and if I cared more, I’d get up a few days from now to tell them that I have the keys. Instead, I’ll just stare at these bananas and will them to ripen.

“Madagascar” got it all wrong, Marilyn T.

Photo by Hermann Erber/Photo Library, and read more about the Sifaka lemur in Nat Geo, naturally.

Comments

1. Me either, little protosimian. ;)

2. Queen of Dork says:

Cute! This reminds me of Zaboomafu. (not sure if I spelled that right)

3. Queen of Dork says:

Also: um. The thumbs on the back paws/hands are sort of freaking me out just a little bit. Okay. Alot. I’ll probably have strange dreams about my feet.

4. @Queen of Dork: Thought the exact same thing (and am still humming “just me and you and Zoboomafoo”).

And, maybe you all will disagree, but we think our cat, Felix, who is reading this as I am typing, bares a striking resemblance to a Sifaka lemur.

5. BrianMPLS says:

omg Congrats to Felix’s mom for the advanced interspecies snorgling required to produce a lemur cat! (Indeed bears a striking resemblance.)

6. no crazy dancing parties?!

disappointment.

7. Queen of Dork says:

Emi: Crazy dancing party over here!!!! :)
    *dances*

8. …what are y’all doing awake??

9. Are you pondering what I’m pondering? He looks like he is thinking DEEP thoughts.

10. Yay!
    Yes, I also thought Zoboomafoo! (Gives Zaboo a grape)
    (for people who DON’T have kids or weren’t a kid or kidish in the last 10 years: PBS’s website)

11. Queen of Dork says:

Theo: Sadly, due to my work schedule, my body is used to waking up at 4:00 in the morning. Bummer. :( (I’m an early bird but not by choice)

[Sympathies. The new pooch is turning us into Morning People too. - Ed.]

12. Queen of Dork says:

Theo: How lovely!

13. Theo, STINKIN’ cute!

14. @BrianMPLS We knew who Felix’s mom was, but we’re pretty sure Zoboo (or a cousin) was his dad, which would also explain his killer jump shot. ;-)

15. BrianMPLS says:

Maybe you’ll catch sight of Felix’s mom’s paramour next time he comes looking for her, J. :)

16. Fluidstatic says:

Hehe, it’s Julien brought down a few notches.

17. Michelle says:

OK, the photo’s kinda cute, but the bit about the penguins hotwiring the boat made me burst out laughing. Kudos on the clever caption!

18. WendyPinNJ says:

ZABOO!

19. Haha, that song will forever remind me of my 20 month old nephew, quietly playing with his toy cars and softly singing to himself …”I like to moob it, moob it! Joey likes to…moob it!” :) I guess they were watching Madagascar at daycare that week. What a great kid. :D

20. i loved that show and madagascar rulz

21. god, i love lemurs.

22. p.s. anyone remember Zoboomafoo? i loved him!

23. Xtineebee says:

Are there CO nerd points for saying, outloud, “But King Julien is a ring tailed lemur….” :p

But, of course, ALL lemurs rule and rock my socks, so who cares?

24. FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. I would RLLY like to see a picture of the imbecile penguins trying to hot-wire the boat; that would be absolutely priceless……! :lol: :lol:

26. Is it just me, or does this guy remind you of Harry Connick Jr too?

27. thought the Lemur………”I declare, This bamboo is beginning to make me chafe!”