Ah, the “Terrible Twos”

Um, Jeffy? Sweetie? I know you’re going to be a big boy soon, but don’t you think you’d be happier using the kiddie hydrant — just for the time being?

Says Lauryn D.: “One day we were going on a walk, and since I carry my camera around with me wherever I go, when he went to sniff the fire hydrant, I called out his name, and snapped a photo. And I got this perfect and hilarious picture of him!”

Comments

1. Paunchie says:

that is a very tall order, puppeh.

2. Hon Glad says:

The world is your toilet when your a dog, and your life is ruled by its smells.

3. 260Oakley says:

It’s my potty and I’ll try if I want to.

4. is his name really Jeffy? lol… that’s too cute!

5. beardediris says:

I’m gonna hold my bref until I turn blue! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

@260Oakley: Snerk! Terribly funny as usual!

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@ceejoe: Yes, the dog’s name is Jeffy. (Lately, I’ve been trying to use the animals’ names somewhere in the caption, if the submitter provides them.)

7. SixFootJen says:

Jeffy is TOTALLY ready for the big hydrant! The important thing is that it goes all the way to the ground, where he can reach it. Who cares how tall it is?

8. Go, Jeffy! There are no small dogs, only small minds.

9. Andi from NC says:

beat me to it, Pheas – excellent!!! (love the name Jeffym by the way)

10. Good thing the hydrant is painted yellow.

11. Neopatra says:

Jeffy is SETTIN’ GOALS!

12. Can I? Can I? Can I? Can I? Can I? Can I?
    pleeeeeze Can I? Can I? Can I? Can I?

13. Elisha B. says:

Look at that green grass!!!!

14. Fluidstatic says:

Kiddy hydrant? Nevah.

15. The hovertext made me burst out laughing.

16. ratchic says:

My 9yr. old wolfhound/lab mix Riley, the first time I walked him at the park he was three months old and 20 lbs. He barked and growled at the fire hydrant!! Too many dog smells scared him? Did he think it was a monster? i dunno. He’s bigger than all of them now.

17. Missy P says:

You go for it little dude. You can do it!

18. Missy P says:

Hee, I just noticed the hovertext. Oh Jeffy, there’s no need for tantrums. If you think you can handle the big boy hydrant, you go ahead.

19. Somebody should tell Jeffy that there are no little puppeh-hydrants;
    just Big Hopper-tunities!!!

20. @ratchic the dog I had as a teenager did the same thing, though she was much smaller. It made me laugh after she grew up and would happily pee on the same hydrant that scared her as a pup. She went on to the big fire hydrant in the sky a few years ago, and I still miss her.

It doesn’t help that she was black and white like Max, but a bajillion times smarter. I’m always comparing the two, and Max comes up short. Don’t tell him that, though.

21. BStrange says:

Death by hovertext. There oughta be a law. *snerk*

22. Hon Glad says:

260 Oakley – You punning punster, funny funster, is it oakley if I laugh. :)

As a male of the species, I can confirm that the youngsters of the species are extremely uninhibited, when it comes to peeing. The toilet block at my junior
    school was outdoors, with a corrugated iron roof. We competed as to how
    high we could pee up the wall and attempted to get through the gap between
    wall and roof.you really were a champion pisser if you could do that.

23. 260Oakley says:

@Hon Glad
    Glad to hear you lads were aiming high at a young age.

24. ha ha… cameras cute but “hey could I have a moment!”

I think I was reading his lips.

25. Dream big, puppeh, dream big.

26. grate blog

27. Ahhhh do ya mind? privacy please

28. Did she happen to mention what type of dog Jeffy is? Looks just like my pup, who is a grand little mutt of undetermined origin.

29. LaurynWright says:

@ellemoxley He is maltese/yorkie

30. Awww SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!:)CUTE:)!!

31. What kind of camera is that? I love the colors in that picture..did you photoshop it or something to get it to look like that?

[I'm pretty sure the contrast is tweaked way up, but that's all. Any decent digital camera should be able to do this. Probably the same goes for color film cameras, but I still think the contrast adjustment was done via software. - Ed.]

32. LaurynWright says:

@L Its a Sony CyberShot. I love that camera, always takes such great pictures. And I did tweak the contrast just a bit in Photoshop, it was already a bright image to begin with, and I adjusted it just because I like high contrast in my photos sometimes.