Hey You Guyths!

[Smiling] Let’s bike down to the store for popsicles!!!

Sent in by Dustan B. at Varmints Pet Sitting Agency in Blacksburg, VA.

Comments

1. Awww, he’s got glitter on his eyes.

2. Cute smile but the eyes give me the creeps.

3. Queen of Dork says:

I’ll get the popsickles! You put in the scary movie! Oh, wait…you ARE the scary movie. (just kidding. It’s kind of cute)

4. Is he/she/it related to E.T.?

5. I can’t decide which is cuter–that sweet little “smile” or the sparkly eyes! That HAS to be a little puffer-fish.

6. earlybird1 says:

I agree, I think Hootie is channeling E.T. So cute!

7. ET Phone Home!

Puhleeeeas you all were dying to say it too!

8. Reminds me of . . . biking down to the store for popsicles!!!

9. cute as heck. Love his luminous eyes!

10. Hey, little dude. You scared the crap out of me!

11. Ahhhwwwrr! Puffer fish really are the cutest, I love them!

12. How do pa-siccies fare in salt water? :?

13. kibblenibble says:

Since I looked at the picture and read the caption, I can’t stop smiling. :-) Thanks, Meg!

14. Lets get the blueberry ones that turn our tongues blue! Yay!

15. He looks like he wants a crawdad flavored popsicle, and a rave to attend with those glittery eyes.

16. connoisseur-of-cute says:

Awww, porcupine puffers are the best. Although I am not being a biased, proud parent at all when I say that my Squeaky McPufferson is more adorable than Hootie. :D

Btw, their eyes are shiny blue – when taking photos, the blue surface can look kind of speckled or glittery like this.

17. Fishlips!

18. Resriechan says:

I gots two things tuh say (if I doan’ get moderated ) (pout)

1) Politically incorrect (but jist a mite, hoomerous to some peeps) bumper sticker, from me days in Tampa Fla:

“A woman needs a man; ….like a fish needs a bicycle!!!”

2) I jis’ tried ta post 2 paragraphs (true and nuttin’ kontrovershul in the whole story) about blueberries in Florida (under the sunning creamsickle kittycat post)
    and it’s been “repressed for moderation” (my wording)

To quote Lucy Ricardo:

“WAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!”)

(resumes pouting)

oh, BTW — very intriguing fishy-face, too.

My sister used tuh make fishy-faces at me, but they were only a little bit cute. Now THIS is whut I call a FISHY-FACE!!!!

19. I’m sucking in my cheeks, pursing my lips and Killer thinks I’m nuts.

20. rumbledoll says:

Just what a fish needs..a bicycle! Ha, he’s the cutest!

21. Have we post a relation of his recently.

22. Hah! That’s mah hometown.

23. I can’t resist his sweet little smile. <3

24. awwww smiley fish…co cute!!

25. Mary (the first) says:

PASICKIE!

26. Hootie is a blowfish? groan, indeed! Also, “Varmints Pet Sitting Agency” is an awesome name.

Eyeglitter + a smile + blobularity + a vague resemblance to a short-beaked, seafaring subspecies of hedgehog = AWWW. I just imagined him waving hello with one of those teeny little white side-spines.

27. All he’s missing to be the neighborhood geek, is two big front TOOFS!!

28. harlemgrrl says:

hey, Mary (the first) went into my brains and posted my thought (the first) !

29. OMG! Feesh Leeps!

30. w00t!!! Blacksburgians!!! Yay!!!

31. Looks like Peter Lorre.

32. Shouldn’t it be “Leth’s bike down to the thtore for popthicles?”

33. FUGU!!! <3333 My absolute favourite fishie. HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE A SMILING FISHIE!? I request more of them in the future :D

34. thelibrarianne says:

Oh man. The title got me, and then that look of hopeful friendliness slayed me. He’s freakin’ adorable. Grape or banana popsicles? Banana are my favorite.

35. haha I love it when weird fish make it to the site, they’re my favorite. Puffer fish do smile.

36. Nice job of lip plumping. Now, about those freckles……..

37. J.C he scared the crap out of me! I don’t need something like that staring at me at 6 am.

Cute smile though.

38. Resriechan says:

Song / earworm connection!!

Weird/strange/odd song; do you remember the Fish Heads song?
    By Barnes and Barnes…..from the 1980’s

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads
    Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up
    Yumm!

They can’t play baseball, they don’t wear sweaters
    They’re not good dancers, they don’t play drums

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads
    Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up
    Yumm!

Rolly Polly fish heads are never seen drinking cappuccino in
    Italian restaurants with Oriental women.
    Yeeaahh

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads
    Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up
    Yumm!

39. Resriechan says:

OFFISHE RESRIECHAN POLICY STATEMENT

that song lyric was *NOT* listed to encourage eating fishheads, in ANY state of living or non-living.

Simply intending to appreciate the literary value of this
    odd wording and the odd sounds that the song employed.

NO FISH HEAD EATING SHOULD FOLLOW MY LISTING THOSE LYRICS

Thanyewverrmuch.

Resrie has left the building

40. StormCat42 says:

DR. DIMENTO!!! Luvs him!!!

And I can’t believe it took almost 30 posts before someone came up with “popsickies”…. *smile*

41. Peanuts mama says:

OMG HE’S EFFING SMILING!!! IM DYING OF QTE!!!!!!!!!

42. I think you mean pasickie. :-D

43. crashnandicoot says:

What? No Mr. Limpet posts? He’s got Limpet Lips!

44. How adorable! A cute fish.

45. oh, my boyfriend has one of these named Borris! A Fish with personality! Borris made me love fish. SO CUTE!

46. Let’s all pile into the minivan and go get some frozen yogurt!

47. Resriechan says:

@ Sarah Elaine: please relay to your SO, that IMHO, “Borris” is a FABULOUS name for a fishy-poo with looks like these!!!

48. how cuuute!

49. I have enemies . . . need Fugu juice.

50. I wonder if he always gets picked last for kickball teams too?

51. Dragonflye says:

These guys don’t have lips, they have beaks.

Really.

52. @Resriechan
    lol thank you! I will pass that along :D

53. RecoveringAtLast says:

Whew! When I first saw this post I was so overloaded by teh qte that I had to have the keyboard taken away while I found a nice soft spot to lie down. It’s been a few days and I’m only *just* able to comment. Nice jobs! This little guy is now on my desktop and I’m on the recovery train.