Quick, call PETA

SOMEONE is wearing their Grandmother’s fur coat:

This brillo shot brought to you by Marilyn T. and Susan W. over at the National Geographic Daily Dozen.  Photo by Lillian Ford.

Comments

1. How appropriate. The Be Good Tanyas – The Littlest Birds just came on my media player.

The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs
    The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs
    The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs (etc.)

2. Man, those down jackets make even the skinniest chicks look pudgy.

3. …Holy fluffluage! Half sparrow, half duckling?

4. Queen of Dork says:

Peep! Peep! Peep! Peep! (beep on the beak) :)

5. Looks like something one of my cats would cough up!

6. Queen of Dork says:

He’s so adorable! I want him!

7. kibblenibble says:

SUCH a McFluffersons! I love the pretty markings on the head. He/She looks quite dignified, even in the silly coat… :-)

8. (throws blood at it)

9. I heart fat birds. Anyone else???

10. Fluidstatic says:

Awwwh, it’s Chirpy McPoofycute! I want to snorgle his absurdly poofy breast. :3

11. Queen of Dork says:

Patito Gigante: Hahahahahahaha! Wha the fu&*?! Hahahahahaha!
    (I know. Comment Awaiting Moderation)

[Um, no, there isn't, and if you don't mind, I actually do take my job seriously. - Ed.]

12. @ Redbone- I love that song!

I submitted this photo too a while back, I’m glad it got up here! Fatty McSparrowsons!

13. Fluffsplosion!!!

14. we need a anti-static dryer sheet here people, STAT !

15. Queen of Dork says:

Ed: Sorry. :(

[It's OK; just, you know, remember no system is perfect, and we're all doing the best we can, here. Tell your friends. ;) - Ed.]

16. dreamspinnercheryl says:

Did’ya see the photo of Aretha Franklin in the chin-wrap, bosom-baring fur coat, singing in front of the choir? Lil’ birdie brings that to mind-but, the bird is infinitely cuter!!!!!!!

17. That’s what happens when you ride with the car windows down.

18. Fran in L.A. says:

Is this an immature bird? The floofiness reminds me of baby birds before their adult plumage shows up. Doesn’t matter, way much cute floof!

19. Cute lil fluffball! :-)

20. Awww little Babushka bird!

21. This could have been photographed in my front garden, there is quite a big group
    of ‘Sparrers’ that fly around the gardens in my road, hiding in the bushes.
    Sparrows were once a prolific London bird ‘he was a typical cockney “sparrer” full
    of chirrup and shi’ Lionnell Bart wrote a musical called “Sparrows can’t sing”
    I can remember as a child laying in bed, listening to the Sparrows chirping and arguing while they took a dust bath in the guttering outside my wndow.
    Sparrows were once the typical City bird in London, Paris and many other European cities, they feed on seeds which they would find aplenty in horse dung, with the drop in horse drawn vehicles, came a drop in the Sparrow population.

22. tomato.bandit.queen says:

I’m guessing it was rather cold out and this little lady decided to give herself a good ‘ol poof-n-shake.

23. MoonCatty says:

Oooooff! Sooooooo embarrassinks! My feathers always do this in humid weather!

24. BStrange says:

I think tomato.bandit.queen is probably right! When they’re cold, the local sparrows balloon up to three times their normal size, trapped air under feathers is apparently pretty good insulation. Then they stand every feather practically on end and shake themselves as they “deflate” before moving, presumably to get everything properly arranged. (If that bit at the toes of thick winter socks that gets out of place and bunchy and pinches the smallest toe is annoying, imagine what out-of-sorts feathers must feel like. Blech!)

25. That’s the worst case of static cling I’ve ever seen. Fly-away hair is so hard to control in dry weather :(

26. Katrina says:

“Ah keep mah feathahs numbered for ahh, just suuch an emerrrrgency” Foghorn Leghorn

27. As Kyan from Queer Eye, told us constantly, this is what happens when you do not emulsify the product before application. Emulsify, peoeple, emulsify!!!

28. *people, not peoeple. *sigh* See how worked up I get about emulsifying????? :P

29. Malle Babbe says:

The little guy looks like someone startled him…

30. Aw needs a makeover. And a hug!

31. Resriechan says:

@ 260Oakley
    (NOTE: THIS IS ONLY in affection; nuttin’ derogatory)

maybe it’s ‘cuz you di-unt do your comment in puns?

(or didja and I di-unt notice that , yet?)

32. Resriechan says:

@ Katrina:

Ah say, ah say, Ah LUUUUUUUUUUUUUvs me, sum Foghoah-an
    Leghoah-an!!!

Signed,
    the little guy (chickenhawk?)

33. temperance says:

i take autie’s/grandma’s old furs and make ‘em into beds for my critters- they love ‘em!

34. crashnandicoot says:

beak-hance please!

35. Resriechan says:

temperance: now WHY don’t the networks give YOU a reality show??

(Animal Planet, Style Network, are you listening????)

36. Everytime I see a fat sparrow, I want to nom it.

37. @theo: re comment #11 and #15: I had a comment moderated and deleted about three to four weeks ago; I still don’t know why– I don’t think it was offensive or I wouldn’t have posted it…..I have not commented since then until now, and probably never again….

[You probably weren't offensive yourself, if I remember right. For future reference, though, when the cranks show up (and I do say "when"), just grit your teeth, take deep breaths, and ignore the heck out of 'em. Or, in the language of internet forums, Don't Feed the Trolls. Just sayin'. ;) - Ed.]

[Also, for extra credit, I know you know that even here, this is the World Wild West; you're a CheezPeep AND a QteOlogist. Summon forth your thick skin and soldier on! HUP! HUP! HUP! - Ed.]

38. MandyMo says:

Just washed my feathers and can’t do a *thing* with them… ;)

39. I tell you I’M NO FAT I’M FLUFFY!!!

40. Looks like a chick I want in my Easter basket.

41. @ Theo: thanks a lot for your input; I needed to hear that ♥….I feel much better now;
    I don’t like to harbor bad feelings and nurse grudges…..And it is so MUCH FUN to play here….. :lol: :lol: (P.S. You’re right: I Have fallen into the trolls’ nets in the past by feeding them, and not just on this blog…..!)