Welcome to Bizarro World

Here on Cute Overload, the human babies usually take a backseat to their furrier friends. And sometimes those furry friends just boot them off the bus completely.

We’re dying to know where the hamsters sleep, Yukari.

Comments

1. Blissed out.

2. Eee, so nummy! Could be the box of curry powder in the background making me say that, though…

3. Look at that cute bouncing baby….. or should I say bouncy baby.

leave it to a ferrit to find the most comfy places to curl up

4. Love Hovertext #2. lolol

5. They’re so cute at that age … look at him sleeping there … so, does he look more like you, or your husband?

6. *squeeeee* So comfys! :-)

7. @Pounce, it’s the mailman!!

8. harlemgrrl says:

i can almost hear the tiniest honk-shoo

9. In the old days they would say he a changeling. The ferrets took the human baby and left theirs in it’s place.

[You might be thinking of cuckoos… – Ed.]

10. I think this means that the baby is running around the house, opening cabinet doors, stealing snacks, and climbing up peoples’ pant-legs.

11. Is that a harness and leash tied to the carriage?

[…and also a ferret? – Ed.]

12. I wonder if they also have the bouncy chair for him…..

13. Makes me smile.

14. @ Diane I think it is a strap you can attach to your babies pacifier or toy so it does’t end up on the ground.. I suspect the littel ferret was playing with it and then decided this was a great place for a nap!

15. So tie-tie….

16. When my wife was pregnant, we got a kitten. When our daughter was born, they weighed the same, so as I assembled strollers, cribs, and what-not, I would put the cat in the thing to make sure it wasn’t going to fall apart under the weight.

Perhaps, like me, they were testing on animals. Comfy ferret, in any case.

Cat and daughter got along well, too.

17. @ Ed Actually I was thinking of the Fey, my ancestors are Irish on my mother’s side so I used to hear all those old legends. When I was being naughty or precocious my old aunties would say I was changeling, a fairy child left by the Fair Folks in place of in the daughter they stole.

[Looking back now, do you think they were right? ;) – Ed.]

18. Looks perfectly normal to me. Of course, I have a stroller I bought for my two dogs, though I regret it doesn’t include the pwetty peenk accessories.

19. That’s a toy stroller, made for a doll. And what a doll he is!

20. the bug man says:

“Ferret ate my baby!”

21. Andi from NC says:

The little blankie just makes it!!!

22. Mabel Leane says:

OMG that is the cutest!!

23. definitely a doll carriage, looks like an updated version of one i used to have, which was generally just used as a cat bed/carriage by my siamese.

24. Mary (the first) says:

Why does the blankie say USAMOMO ?? Does anyone know?

[Based on the spacing of the asterisks, it looks like there might be another letter at the beginning which we can’t see, folded under. So it could be “_USAMOMO” actually. – Ed.]

25. I think I could BE one of these people. Yep, the transition would be pretty easy, I imagine.

26. SO PRESH :D

27. bookmonstercats says:

Mr Guilt, what an adorabubble daughter. And the kitty of course.

I lof ferrets. I nursed one in my bathroom after it had had a knock from a passing car. Why a ferret was strolling along the middle of the Dock Road in Liverpool is any body’s guess…. Sadly, I couldn’t keep him. He was very clean (apart from the rank smell) and affectionate and bit my toes (gently of course).

28. @Mr. Guilt.. that is the cutest picture ever. Kitty is all like, “The is mah bebeh hooman, get ur own.”

Mr. Ferret found a nice place to nap!

29. Oh mylanta! Doesn’t that just make you warm and fuzzy inside?

30. Mr Guilt, I’m guessing that Eddy’s still a little protective of YOUR daughter.

31. This is straight out of a Dave Barry book, “Kids and Other Hazards of Sex” – there is an illustration of a man getting bitten by a ferret in a baby carriage

32. dreamspinnercheryl says:

Diane, the leash and harness are for the baby. (Watches nervously as pudding starts to fly….)

33. Teeny Gozer says:

I googled and found that an Usamomo seems to be a stuffed bunny sold by the Japanese company called Mother Garden. I guess it’s like Hello Kitty and they have Usamomo merchandise like baby blankies in addition to stuffed toys.

34. kibblenibble says:

She looks so innocent. (I’m going with she, due to the pink accessories. If it’s a boy, that’s okay, too, of course.)

35. Mr Guilt – I’m in awe of the picture of your daughter and cat.
    As in awwwwwwww. Are you the photographer of thepicture? cos you’ve got talent man.

36. Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

37. monogramed sheets?

38. Holy ferrito! My darlin’ bebeh ferts give that nap spot four paws up and ask that you please keep your eyes on the sleeping ferret while they steal your wallet and keys and stash them under the couch.

39. Whew! I almost that we had another human baby on CO… close call!

40. Mew mew mew I has a cute says:

Yes Dre, I agree. Not to sound like a nuffer but kittehs and other floofy animuls PWN humans. ykwim