Damn That Idiotic Groundhog

I mean really, how hard is it for you to not see a shadow?

And really, why are we pinning all our hopes to a groundhog? I may only be a squirrel, but c’mon! It’s fricking freezing here!

Only six more weeks with a disgruntled squirrel, Peter.

Comments

1. Those darn squirrels! Invite em over for one evening, and they move right in! Who said you could put your barca-lounger in the living room grandpa squirrel?!

This is a bird house, not a squirrel house, mutter mutter!

2. kibblenibble says:

Oooh, so cute! Leetle hands peeking out, with twitchy whiskers and soft leetle nosie. Squirrel looks kissabuhl. *mwah*

3. I know squirrelleos are considered rodents but they are just so cute! Such a cute leetle nose *beep*

4. awww…major zoomage!

5. Once owned by Bela Legosi? No windows? Floating beam? eh? eh?

6. Queen of Dork says:

Cool tree house!

7. Mr. Bush E. Tail is really saying: “Halp! My squirrel nut zipper is frozen shut!”

8. EEEK that reminds me of that terribly uncomfortable zipper situation in There’s Something About Mary!

9. Queen of Dork says:

Hahahahaha Oakley and Paunchie! My cat was just sitting next to me on the couch and I was petting him. I decided to push the fur on his head the wrong way causing him to look all cute, adorable and scruffified. He kept on purring but told me I might want to sleep with one eye open tonight. *gulp*

10. fish eye no miko says:

@Paunchie: No, Bela Karolyi. He was (is?) a women’s gymnastics coach, first in Romania, then in the US, for decades. He trained Nadia Comaneci and Mary Lou Retton.
    And back ON topic: As, wook at the widdle skwerly face!

11. I know who that coach it, fish eye. I was just trying to make a funny. Didn’t work I guess! Sorreh.

12. Skoot over Mr. Squirrel. We are in the same boat… er.. birdfeeder! Its snowing here now!

13. Aren’t squirrels always disgruntled, as least when people are around?

14. <3 @ 260Oakley for namechecking SNZs

15. @ Saffron That is one weird little cartoon!

I love squirrels I feed 4 of them in my back yard I even gave them names, there’s Mr Murphy, Mr Peanuts, Roadkill and Mr Squirrely Pants. When I’m late giving them their peanuts they climb on the veranda and look in the window, drives my cat crazy!

16. I think they need to make a Snuggie for squirrels….

@ Gigi, looks like your squirrels are Peeping squirrels, lol.

17. Awesome whiskers. Simply awesome. Hope they’re accurate – I don’t know about kick-ass summers, but squirrelwhiskers do seem to possess preternatural peanut-detection powers.

As for disgruntlement, yeah, that’s a squirrel face for you. But I’ll bet if we could see his tail, it’d have “smug” all over it. Tree squirrels are cocky little SOB’s! They used to love to taunt my dogs by moving just barely fast enough to keep out of reach, flicking “neener neener neener” with their tails the whole while. Then they’d go up a good tree, turn head-downward and chuckle squirrelese obscenities from just barely beyond reach. They had it down to a science… Little stinkers!

18. Love the squirrelhance!

19. Hey, peeps, pitchers and catchers this week!

20. resriechan says:

just a guess, Theresa, does that mean that baseball season is approaching???

(I don’t speak Sportsese NEARLY as fluently as I do le francais, le deutsch, ni Russian (just now I can’t even recall the French term, for “Russian”!!! Maybe I’m the Wicked Witch/ West & “I’m MELT-ing……”)

21. As usual, very cute!

22. Your true story for the day:
    I had a squirrel like that outside my house, just sticking its head out of a hole in a tree. Next day it was still there. The squirrel was no longer living. O_o

23. Von Zeppelin says:

Resriechan, “Russe,” n’est-ce pas?

24. @Resriechan, you’re darn tootin’!!!

25. resriechan says:

@VZ: bien SUR & ALORS, vous avez raison!!!
    Et maintenant, je le souviens!! Merci bien, mon ami!!!

D’OH!!!

& @ Theresa: ok, I wasn’t SURE, if I was tootin’, or not!!! :) ;)

26. @Resrie, just cut back on the winter vegetables, you should be fine. ;)

27. Queen of Dork says:

I want to live in a tree house.

28. Je “me souviens” de quelque chose. Just sayin. zut alors!

I still wonder if a vampire lived in dere.

29. resriechan says:

Good one, Theresa!! Bwa ha & also HA!!!!

Yay Paunchie comprend le francais!!!

QoD: but you always DID wanna live in a tree house….and you almost DID do that, when you described cabin/ woods/ was that Colorado or………………………………….

one of the other 18 far-flung regions where you’ve told me your family lived??????/

30. Saffron and 260 Oakley– that ‘cartoon’ was amazing! Very ‘Triplets of Belleville’. Thanks for the link. I needed a touch of surreal to help me face work tomorrow…

31. Resrie, j’ai fais ma maitrise en literature francaise. Ca fais longtemps. Le sigh! Soupire.

32. @ Paunchie: c’est ca, pour moi aussi!

BA, French, Fla State Univ., Tallahassee Fl 1984 !!!

(et puis, un MLS, 1985)

33. Snorglepup says:

Bring on the summer, nutty squirrels and all…