THIS JUST IN: frolicking and mini trunk action

Please check out this prosh baby elephant frolick:

The mini trunk is really redonk:

Plink plink! [sound of trunk 'lips' smacking]

This baby elephant was born on 1/16/10 in Melbourne, Australia. See her first swimmin’ experience and many many more shots over at Zoo.org. The anonymous Sender-Inner would like to remain Anonymous. Done.

Comments

1. Beth (in NC) says:

I love baby ephalumps, they are a special sort of cute/ugly. TEENY TRUNK!!

2. Aww, a li’l baby heffalump! I love the shot of her running, she looks so happy!

3. Yeah, the first photo she’s all “Yay!!!”

I didn’t know they were fuzzy!

4. That’s not fuzz, it’s really wire-y and poke-y! At least on the elephants I’ve ridden.

5. Juniper Jupiter says:

Are…are those EYE CAPSULES!!!??

I didn’t think that was possible in a pipsqueak pachyderm! :D

6. Well Skip, that’s what happens when you don’t shave your legs. :)

7. wow, she is all sorts of adorable.

8. adorable!

9. Skip – you’ve ridden elephants?!?! Do tell…

10. Whoa. WHOA!!!!

11. Yesssss! Elephant eye capsules! *love*

12. catloveschanel says:

Haiku Friday call out

Oh the trouble She
    could be in a room with a cat
    and Costco tp.

13. I imagine her sneeze would be a high-pitched “SCHNEEP!”

With bugged-out eyes, of course. And a startled little ear flap. Then she’d run to her mommy for comforting.

14. Yarg. The swimming video on the zoo website is redonkulous. I had to laugh out loud at them. What a little doll.

15. Juno, are you perhaps thinking of this video?

Although I think it’s the tourist’s laughter that scares the babeh, not the sneeze…

Now, if you excuse me, I’m off to see how much of my favorite children’s book I can still quote…

16. Adorabuhls! Plus, I just finished the book Water for Elephants so I had elephants on the brain. Thanks for posting this baby elephant! I loves him!

17. Jackie Rose says:

I can confirm what Skip says. Elephant hair is very coarse and stiff.
    I don’t know where Skip rode an elephant, but I rode them as a performer at my friendly neighborhood renaissance festival. (In my long bygone youth, of course.)

18. OMG, what excellent levels of qte.

19. When I was a kid, my mom used to talk about “Ele-faunts and Woozles.” Does anyone else know where that comes from? I always think of it when I seen an elephant.

20. Baby’s first swim is a riot! I love how she keeps slapping the water with her tiny trunk, just like any other kid would do. I bet she’s a real trunkful for her mom. <3

21. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Noelegy: “Heffalumps and Woozles” is a song from the Disney featurette Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.

22. Oh, she is such a cutie! I love the second pic. Especially her fluffy hairdo.

23. @CLC:

Matchinks trunk ‘n’ tail,
    Elephunklette skips to Mom,
    Packs trunk with bamboo

24. resriechan says:

Things to Love About this Post/ Pic:

1) The phrase “Pipsqueak Pachyderm”. Thank you, Juniper Jupiter !
    This will now be added to my dictionary of favorite eccentric, alliterative, descriptive phrases…with your leave, o’ course….??
    2) THA phenomenal, PRICKLY, WRINKLY CUTENESS OF Little Miss Big Stuff.
    3) The elegant, appropriate Kiddie Lit book title/ link provided by corianne. Thank you, ma’am — Well done & Brava !!

and finally,
    4) THE GIGANTIC ENORMITY OF JUST MAMA’S ONE HUGE FOOT, beside L.M. B.Stuff’s entire “tiny” little bodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…….

And, to participate in the entirely playful nature of the pics, I will sign off, as follows,
    to wit:

“Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!”

25. catloveschanel says:

@dub1 – nice!

squeal, run, jump, splash, Glee
    The future was wide open
    sky was the limit

26. SO adorable!!! Just watched the video fo the calf playing in the water. Just too cute the way it’s splashing around and having a great time :D

27. Von Zeppelin says:

I wish I could pick up bamboo with my nose. Not that I eat bamboo, or have any other immediate use for it. I just wish.

[I can pick my nose with bamboo, does that count? - Ed.]

28. Meg – love the hover-line on the first photo!!

29. catloveschanel says:

if wishes were buts

[Ummm... then seatbelts would hide? - Ed.]

30. SNERF!

31. AWW Pic # 1 is the best! Look at her little smiling face! :D

32. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! That is one happy lil heffalump. SO CUTE I can hardly stand it!

33. Von Zeppelin says:

[I can pick my nose with bamboo, does that count? - Ed.]
    Theo, you continue to amaze me. We can only imagine your other talents and abilities.

[Do you reeeeally think that's a good idea? :? - Ed.]

34. major snorfage! so cute!

35. Trunklette!!

36. Queen of Dork says:

That first pic is so playful and joyful! Maybe what’s happening is that off camera, where we can’t see it, is the totally adorable pig from the other post, and they’re having a play date and they both have that expression on their faces ’cause they’re so happy to see each other. (Okay. I just got home from work. Maybe my brain needs a rest).

37. PASICKE!

38. LOVE the “crazy-eyes” too! I’ve been watching this fella on the internet since he was born and he looks like nothing but trouble. Touble in the best way. Lol!

39. kibblenibble says:

I highly recommend watching the vieo, if you haven’t already. Happy baby! ☺

40. Queen of Dork says:

kibblenibble: I just took your advise and watched the video.
    Aaaaaawwwwwwwwww!
    She’s all, “I’m so happy to be bornded! Look! I can walk under mommy. I can splash and eat hay. (wait. I has an itch. *scratch, scratch*). I can PLAY!

41. kibblenibble says:

Q of D: You are right! It would be hard to watch that video and not be happy. It’s kinda like the mini horse playing with the balls. Just full of happy. :-)

42. too cute gimmie him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

43. Carnivorous M. says:

I love how she just looks so incredibly excited throughout, although I have to say my favorite picture is the first. =3

44. These pictures are best browsed while listening to the classic “Baby Elephant Walk”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nh49a8q2E4

45. Picture three. When you’ve got a Momma that big, to back you up, no ones gonna diss you.

46. i saw her on TV 2 days ago :D

47. Schnorgles Dirt

I went to see her today, along with most of Melbourne, it seems. About a thousand people in the queue, with groups of 150 at a time let into the barn area to see her…for five minutes.

The link above is my favourite photo of the 30 I took.

48. I holds a pasicke with mah little trunky.

49. Jodes, there’s a whole lotta naughty in those eyes. :D

50. @Jodes: (Waving Hi to Melbourne)

51. PS Now that Melbourne has this little precious, doesn’t Australia now have FAR TOO MANY CUTE ANIMALS???? :P

52. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Are you up and willing for some fun? (We might get in trouble). Let’s take some spray string stuff, jump up and down on mom and dad’s bed and then when they wake up, spray them with the stringy stuff! C’mon. (shhhhhhhhhh). Let’s wake them up. shhhhhhhhhhhh. Ready?…….

53. That’s it. Boarding school for the both of you.

54. St Trinians!

55. QoD, for shame, you’re thinking SMALL. Cheez-Wiz is the stuff to use!

56. @Theo, re: that Gravatar: IT BURNS!!!!!

[Yeah, doesn't it? - Ed.]

57. I love how in the first photo this baby elephant is all, “I’m Big! I’m Big!!” ….then in the last two photos she’s like, “I’m really little, I guess…”
    Such amazing creatures…

58. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Okay! But I guess Theo’s already up. Oops. he-he. morning, Theo. Would you like some cereal? (he-he. uh-oh. ha-ha. *gulp*)

59. Queen of Dork says:

YAY! Theo still has his Tennille avatar! Hahahahahahahahahha!

[Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get sick of it soon enough. :roll: - Ed.]

60. resriechan says:

(doesn’t look, like I’m needed here….

Q: please give me your mailing address at the Boarding School. If history is my gauge, Daddy Theo will ship you off to — approximately — Kathmandu…or perhaps
    THA MOON!!!!!)
    ;) Resrie

61. resriechan says:

Theo — do you want some Cheez-Wiz, in yer cereal?

Or would you rather Tabasco?

(innocent, *blinky* eyes)

(plink)
    (plink)

[Tabasco by a mile. That's not even a question. - Ed.]

62. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Where are we? I’d like to give our boarding school address to Resrie so she can write. Can we bring Dante and SamKitty with us? (I knew we’d get in trouble. *pout*)

63. Pasickee!

64. Queen of Dork says:

*boing, boing, boing. (jumping on the bed)* *boing, boing boing* This is fun! *boing, boing, boing….*

AIRBORNE! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

65. Queen of Dork says:

BOING!!!! *collides with wall which doesn’t move. ouch*
    *limps away*

66. resriechan says:

Q: are you still conscious??

(jeez– THAT were funnois!!!!–until you got hurt, I mean!!Of course)

(*loving, affectionate, snerk*)

(*snerk*)

67. resriechan says:

To Q: this might keep you healthier while enjoying “bouncing” in a different manner:

[Keep it up. - Ed.]

68. Queen of Dork says:

*ouch* That hurt. Stupid, immoble, uncooperative, stubborn, non-moving, difficult, hard as heck, big, hard, dumb, stupid wall…that refused to get out of the way. Wall. and things. *ouch…ow*

*rubs multiple bruises* (ouch. owie. ouch. oooof). Dang.*

69. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! Thanks Res! I love old Police. Da-doo-doo-doo, Da-da-da-da, anyone?! I’ll see if I can’t find that one.

70. Queen of Dork says:

Here it is! (Poets, Priests and Politians….)

71. resriechan says:

@ Q: Nice adjective string, there!!!

Ya oughta go in for a 2nd job, as a Thesaurus!!

(giggle — running FAST out of Theo’s reach……………..)

72. Queen of Dork says:

Here! Spring is on the way to save you!!!!

73. resriechan says:

“The crowd :) :) :) :) :) goes wild!!!”

74. Queen of Dork says:

To myself at #70: Sting rocks my world.

75. @QoD, how natural is your hair? Could you be stopped by Theo putting Velcro on the ceiling?

76. (giggle)

77. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Yep. My hair is the real thang.

78. (I thought “Coke” was the Real Thang!!)

(*ye olde snerke*)

79. Hmm, Cheez Wiz, Coke and bed jumping– sounds like a lease-breaking party.

80. …why, Theresa !!

I nevah thought, that YOU would….

81. @Oh sorry, Resrie, I was just sending 50 pizzas to Theo’s house. ;)

82. (*snerk*)

(giggle)

(“Why, Theresa!!
    I nevah ! thought you would….” “Wha?”
    “He said he’d pay for ‘em??? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”)

(“Let me know, after he’s done payin’ for ‘em & I’ll be right over. Save me one with just extra cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, ‘k?”)

(*innocent look*)

(plink)
    (plink)

83. Theo we need more entertainment! The kids are restless….

84. Theo – May I suggest that you send the gels to St Agatha’s. The Headmistress, Miss Hortense Baulstrode is famous for her pastoral care that and her luxuriant beard.

85. Queen of Dork says:

Pssssssst: Resrie, Theresa, I have a 12-pack of toilet paper. And directions to Hon Glad’s house….(insert devil-smiley face here). He-he.

86. I like how the behbeh sort of resembles a wrinkly old man with all the fuzzy hairs. Is there a rule for that? Behbeh’s that look old but were just borned?

87. resriechan says:

(and I have some hairstyling mousse,
    that would be LOVELY for making little sculptures, from Miss Hortense ‘s beard)

(impolite snerk noise)

88. Teensiest of trunklingks!

89. poogwrangler says:

Oh lookee! He’s all gray and wrinkly and scruffy haired like an old man!

90. How sweet and so dear and staying so close to mum . Love the little baby Elephant dance and a little fuzzy hair .

91. Lurve. Him.

92. Awwwwww so cute, I’m from Victoria, Australia. I really need to get myself to the zoo sometime to see the little cutie.

93. I love the fuzzy head and dainty trunk!

94. What an adorable baby!!!

95. Carnivorous M. says:

-nose honk-

Because for a prosh leetle McTrunkersons like that, a nose beep just isn’t enough. :D