Wait, Here Comes My Favorite Part

“(…oh yes, he’s using the drill now… Wow, that must be a really big cavity… Mmnn, I just love it when the patients claw into the armrests like that… OK, it’s time to rinse; ooh, I’ll bet the water in that hose is really cold…)”

Comments

1. love the beautiful green eyes

2. I think kitty is hiding out from evil vet’s assistant with the sharp sticky thing. “Nobody will look for me in the sink. Everyone thinks cats hate water. It’s a perfect plan!”

3. You don’t see me….. that looks like the lurk before the sproing

4. Hey! He was at my dentist appointment for 2 root canals on Wednesday! I thought I heard sniggering coming from the sink while I was squirming around. :lol:

5. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Before anyone corrects me: Judging from the background items, this is probably a doctor’s office, not a dentist’s. But I went this way because — well, let’s face facts here: Dentists are comedy gold.

6. Malle Babbe says:

Katroy was here…

7. I get that sinking feeling when I go to the dentist too.

8. Super close up pic!!! Love it!!

9. Doctor’s office……..you’re gonna put that finger where?!??

“sinking feeling” D’oh! (headslap)

10. To Cute!!

11. Definitely the office of TED (Teh Evil Doctor). I remember my tiny Mimi-kitty squirting out and hiding under the desk, and the vet muttering “It’s always the little ones!” :P

12. @Paunchie. I had that finger put there, a couple of weeks ago at the Doctors. NOT the most enjoyable experience I’ve had.

13. Is it… safe?

14. lexipuppymommy says:

Dentists are comedy gold! My dog makes that face over the edge of the kitchen table when she thinks we might give her a nom. I bust out laughing every time even though she’s done almost every night for 5 years!

15. Hon Glad, I know, they do it to women too, not for the same reason, but yeah. Yuck and EEP. 8O

16. My Philo likes to do this in the bathroom sink. He goes into pre-lurkensproing mode and gets the wackadoodle eyes just like this!

17. Nigel: Root canal, eh? What did he use to open?

Peach: Gator-Glidden drill.

Nigel: He seems to be favoring that one.

18. Truly an Evil Vet Office expression on his face! Theresa, my not-so-tiny Simon (now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, bless his soul) would scurry away to hide at the vet’s office. At 27 pounds, he was never quite able to pull it off. His butt didn’t fit behind the table leg.

19. Theo, “Is it secret? Is it safe?” [Hehe... but nope, think '70s, not 2000s - Ed.]

260Oakley, you always deliver Teh Funneh. Thank you!

NTMTOM, thanks for the fun memory from high school. “Little Shop, Little Shop of Horrors, bop-shoo-bop, you’ll never stop the terror!”

20. As long as it is not Oscar, I have no problem with kitteh in a doctor’s office.

21. My doc as an older and very mellow Boston Terrier in her office. I don’t mind at all if she comes in to say hello before the exam.

22. AuntieMame says:

Hahaha! I’ve been spending a fair amount of time at the dentist the last few weeks trying to adjust this night guard she seems to think I need.

Luckily visiting the dentist doesn’t make me anxious, but a kitteh in the sink would be amusing anyway.

23. My cat does this in the bathtub just before she sproings.

24. I wish they had a house dog or cat at my doctor’s office. It’d be so nice to have a friendly visit while waiting.

25. @Theo:
    Brilliant!!1!

26. resriechan says:

Mini-summary:

Cats = fun. Dentists = not so much.

(Sorry, ADA!)

27. @ Ed, I don’t know if that was your intention but now I can’t keep that scene with Dustin and Sir Laurence out of my head!
    Is it safe? Is it safe? Awwwrg!

[Bingo :twisted: - Ed.]

28. **sings** I thrill when they drill a bicuspid (ooh, bicuspid)!

29. That is definitely a pre-pounce face. The kitty thinks he can startle the vet into leaving the door open if he jumps up suddenly, and then he’ll make his break for it.

30. AuntieMame, sing it with me: “They tried to make me wear a night guard, but I said, nyerrhe, nyerrhe, nyerrhe!” My dentist actually told me, if I wasn’t going to use it, to keep some water in the case so it won’t dry out and break. Then he took all my money.
    I’ve never minded going to the dentist (in fact I actually kind of like it) but a kitty in the exam room would make the experience so much more worthwhile!

31. Ding, you beat me to it:

You have a talent for causin’ things pain
    People will pay you to be inhumane

Seriously, it cracks me up when my 17 lb blob tries to “hide” in the sink or under the exam table.

32. catloveschanel says:

I think that Steve Martin video scarred me for life. . .
    doesn’t take much to get me scared of dentists

33. resriechan says:

oooooooh, I just realized, there’s a GAUNTLET to be thrown:

Friday = Haiku + Dentist’s Offices = ?????????

34. That could be my Rupert at the vet … er, dentist. Although there’s no way you’d see his eyes if the sink was deeper. Dervish, on the other hand, would be trying to play with the drill.

35. Why is there no evil kitty at my dentist’s office? I will have to ask them – that place in like my second home!

My cat does this in the bathtub also, before sproinging!

36. BabyOpossum says:

Theo, thanks for that reference. If anyone needs me, for the rest of the day I’ll be under my desk, in a cold sweat, rocking back and forth…. For Simpsons fans, think “Can’t sleep–clown’ll eat me.” Then picture Sir Laurence Olivier dressed as a clown….gaah! Why did I do that??

[Whoa, nice reference mashup 8O - Ed.]

37. do it up, resrie!

Lets see…
    Kitty in the sink
    thinks N2O is funny
    until she gets some

38. “He’s been favoring that one lately…”

39. I have a crush on NTMTOM.

40. My cat totally “hides” in the sink every time we go to the vet’s office, too. Poor, pretty kitty- those eyes are great!

41. I guess Schadenfreude isn’t just for humans. Evil cat is evil.

42. LOVE the pre-lurken-sproingen kitty in the sink.

But I have it figured out at the dentist’s office. Ask them to give you nitrous-oxide, and you won’t care a bit about what they are doing to you. I had it when I was a kid, but hadn’t had it for years (decades, but who’s counting?). After I had a root-canal, I asked the doc if he had something to keep me from tensing up so much. It wasn’t the dental procedure that hurt, it was the all-day-headache afterwords that was painful. I even have nitrous when I go in for my twice a year cleanings. I actually look forward to going to the dentist now. Think about it…legal head-buzz.

43. resriechan says:

(ok, I’ll give it an amateur shot)

Lump, pit of my tummy
    My jaws clamped too far open;

Cash paid for my pain.

44. resriechan says:

(D’OH!!! My first line was six syllables, NOT five….Woe is me.)

45. Silently I snake
    Into the shiny basin
    They know not what comes

46. Cute kitty ^^ All my cat seems to fear the vet , from 16 pounds Valium to lil skinny Shrimp. Thought Origami (bless her soul poor kitty) did attack the vet once. He needed suture point after she was done with him. she was gorgeous, but really bad tempered and Not to Messed With.

47. Wow this looks EXACTLY like my cat, and she was at the spay/neuter clinic yesterday in Raleigh, NC…could it be???

48. Stressfactor says:

Dentists are comedy gold alright but for SHAME for not including the BEST dentist skit EVER produced! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYzuchDBvCs

49. @Kineko: Origami – what a beautiful name for a kitteh! :-)

I love this cat’s expression!

50. Angela – Stand in the extremely long and getting ever longer line for NOMTOM, I think I’m ahead of you in line, but I know he will hug us all when he can.
    NNNNNOOOOOMMMMMTTTTTOOOOOMMMMM- ooooooooooooooooo…..

51. eye on the precious
    all will love me and despair
    sayeth cat blanchett

52. That’s not a dentist’s office, that’s a Banfield Pet Hospital :P I used to work there, you can juuuust make out the logo on the jars.

I think a more appropriate caption for this picture is: “You’re gonna stick that thermometer WHERE?!?”

53. Queen of Dork says:

Even if that’s not really a dentist’s office, how weird that the subject should come up here as my daughter and I have our bi-annual dentist appointment today. Zoiks! I wish our dentist had a cat in the office. That would be nice. It would maybe help to relax me while I sit in the waiting room fretting.

54. D’aw!!! lol that is cute!

55. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Carrie: Wow, you’ve got sharp eyes! I didn’t have any information about this picture, so thank you for sharing that. :)

56. Last time my husband had to have some kind of gum scraping. Ugh. Very painful.

Sadistic kitteh is enjoying yer painnnnn

57. When I took my kee-kee Spike to the vet he actually squeezed so hard he shot the thermometer out and across the room then went to hide in the sink… hilarious.

58. Queen of Dork says:

Jenn: Wow! He ejected the thermometer like a little missile. Did he try to shoot it AT the vet? Like, “take THAT, mo’fo!!!”

Paunchie: Hopefully, my dentist won’t do much scraping of anything. :(

59. catloveschanel says:

Now on the big chair
    lies a body; just ooz – in life
    someone’s sneakin’ ‘round

60. Catherine says:

Love it!!!!

61. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Hilarious writeup, NTMTOM. I am, as always, slain.

Maybe it’s time to perhaps start thinking about the possibility of a Luurkenschproing tag?

62. Sorry Q of D I shouldn’t have posted that! Remember to floss daily! eep.

63. @catloveschanel: Could that someone be Mack the Knife?

64. MarianLibrarian says:

Aw! My kitty, Wally, also hides in the sink when I take him to the vet! It must seem like a safe place for kitties. Luckily, our vet thinks it’s cute.

65. victoreia says:

Kitteh is hiding from Darla……

66. catloveschanel says:

@Gretchen – otherwise known as THE DENTIST
    aaaaaah!

67. sadie's mama says:

definitely a banfield hospital. i work at one, our rooms are set up nearly exactly like that. i’ve never encountered a cat hiding in the sink though, they normally hide in the cabinet underneath the computer where the warm hard drive lives :)

68. Queen of Dork says:

I just got back from the dentist. When they took me from the waiting room into the actual scary room, I considered hiding in the sink like the kitty in this picture but I wouldn’t have fit in there. I LOVE this kitty’s eyes!!!!

69. Sink cat is watching you masticate.

70. :twisted: Kitty is thinking “There is NO WAY that vet will STICK a thermometer in MY hiney with my hiney safely in THIS sink!” :twisted:

71. kokobutterbuns says:

“They will not notice me…they will NOT notice me!!”

72. @Jenn– Wow. Just Wow. 80

73. well now THAT can’t be sterile ;)

74. Haikus… Killmeded. Projectile thermometer story… killed me again. Best dentist video ever, thank you for the spit-take, Stressfactor. Of course, I was softened up by the starey-eyed sink cat first… My dogs loved the vet. YAY extra bonus attention (ow) YAY; and after a major injury, my younger girl even seemed to understand that the vet was there to help make it better. But any cat I ever had? Nnnnotsomuch. I saw those eyes a lot; you’d think someone could build up an immunity to that “I’ll get you for this! Stop laughing, I mean it!” look, but, nope.

75. The Foley editor of my imagination inserts a champagne-cork “pop” sound effect to go with Spike’s thermometer ejection apparatus. :D

[Absolutely! With a little Wilhelm mixed in too ;) - Ed.]

76. Yep, I’m guessing it is a doctors office for sure. Probably one that
    specializes in allergies…..

77. sneaky cats in your doctor office

checkins up on you

78. Anonymous Coward says:

whoa! my cats actually do that when they are brought in for check-ups and whatnot!

(the other routine is “i’ll play dead under the comfort blankie and they’ll ignore me” oppossum-like skit, but that one doesn’t work either)

…and it still kills me to this day. :-)

AC

79. The Dutchess of Cupcake says:

LOVE the picture, and the caption just made it that much better. Cuuute! My dentist has two sweet and friendly doggies that are the office mascots. Much better than a sadistic sink cat, imho. Sometimes when you are lying back getting your teeth cleaned, the dogs will nose up underneath your hand to get a head pat. I love it.

80. That looks so much like our cat that the only way I know it isn’t is because she has never been to a Banfield office. The resemblance is uncanny.

81. Ummm…. Obviously a doctor’s office. As you can clearly see, the patient is getting ready to have a CAT scan. I bet if you look over in the other corner of the office, there is a Labrador retriever sitting there….ya know…..ready to do some Lab work.

82. dr. berthaservant says:

ninja dentist kitteh

83. @Theo: Ayyyyeeeeeeeee!

84. “Oh, the sharks bites, with its teeth dear and he keeps them pearly white”…now that is a much better earworm than the one I was otherwise taking to bed, thank you!

Luurkensproing in 3…2…the vet never saw it coming….1!

85. @victoreia: “Twinkle TWINKLE LITTLE STAR!

@Jenn: LOLOLOL!!! That’s one of the funniest vet stories I’ve heard! Projectile thermometer cat…

Also, the Bellingham livejournal community has a running “cats and dentists” gag, this would go perfect.
    And finally, Lemming of the BDA, anyone?

86. stressfactor- and Harvey Korman is only human, I love how he tries so hard to not laugh out loud it makes it all funnier…
    “Lemming, Lemming-Lemimng of the BDA! Its a man’s world in the British Dental Society!” Toooo funny. Thanks everybody!
    “Oh, the concrete, its just for the weight dear, could it be our boy’s done something rash?” Take it Theresa!

87. Now d’ja hear ‘bout Louie Miller? He disappeared, babe
    After drawin’ out all his hard-earned cash
    And now MacHeath spends just like a sailor
    Could it be our boy’s done somethin’ rash?

I said Jenny Diver, whoa, Sukey Tawdry
    Look out Miss Lotte Lenya and old Lucy Brown
    Yes, that line forms on the right, babe
    Now that Macky’s back in town
    Look out, old Macky’s BACK!!

88. resriechan says:

(rioutous applause & wolf whistles from The Crowd)

89. This kitteh suspiciously looks like my little kitteh cat Dinah.

90. Dinah’s in the office with….. earworm!
    Nice job Theresa-the-Peep!

91. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE

92. I have little experience around it. then I look for more information online and finally found your posting. Its very valuable to raise my knowledge on it to manage my blog too.
    thanks a lot, :)