Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone

*Sigh* I hope Francine comes back soon; without those warm rays, my coloring is starting to resemble a loaf of sourdough bread.

Maybe you should outfit Buzz in a mini yellow rain coat, hat and galoshes, Kaytea P. and Jesse N.

Comments

1. cute!!!!

2. Now I’m imagining this little one curled up inside a big sourdough loaf.

3. And she’s always gone to long… Aint no sunshine when she’s gone… Great.. now I have only that part stuck in my head …

4. Hahaha. Katiedid, I’m right there with ya. I’ll be singing that song ALL DAY now. :P

5. Isn’t the coloring of tube socks always like a sourdough anyways?

6. Don’t worry little fuzzball! I will comfort (and snorgle) you until she comes back!

7. hover text Snicker snicker!

8. Fuzz!

9. What EEEZ EET???? A Fewwet?

10. Argyle Donkeypants says:

CRAZY. I have a big white ferret named Buzz too!

11. tesstricks says:

Now THAT is a great song.

The Bill Withers one, not the Milli Vanilli. :P

Excellente live version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

12. Thanks tesstricks!! I LOVE that song!!

13. P.S. Madea & Sonny sing a pretty good version of it in the stageplay “Madea Goes to Jail” …. like ta hear it? Hear it go!

14. With the cruddy weather were havng in the UK, I know just how Buzz feels

15. Ferrets are always awesome. Wish there was a “ferret” tag…. *hint*

16. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Awe, sad little carpet shark….

17. DaytimeDeb says:

At least this is a better song to have stuck in my head than “who can it be now?” from marsupial post.

And I-know-I-know-I-know-I-know-I-know-I-know-I-know-I-KNOW-I-know-I-know…

Oh and, AWWWW to bebeh Buzz!

18. dancerwannabe says:

adorable! what kind of animal is this?

19. And I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know….

20. Nice mouf!

21. resriechan says:

um, melissadesa???

Hello? (*knocks on back of your head*) Anybody there?

or is the vinyl scratched?

(giggle; I know, the song DOES do that; JK)

22. fifthsonata says:

It took me a minute to realize this was a ferret….at first I thought it was a tiny-eared kitt-ayn….I think I need to find my glasses…

23. Curses on the Milli Vanilli! But I want to *beep* the nose. If only ferrets were not such active and intelligent creatures with extremely sharp extremities and no spinal columns to speak of. :)

24. Somehow my brain bypassed the sunshine song and went straight to Steely Dan’s “Through With Buzz”, which I amn’t, because Buzz is a friggin’ charmer.

25. puddlepuppers says:

Francine would love this…gotta find a way to send a ferret gram with
    music.

26. resriechan LOL

When I first heard it, I kept smacking my radio.

27. John had great big waterproof boots on,
    John had a great big waterproof hat.
    John had a great big waterproof mackintosh,
    And that, said John, was that.

–A.A. Milne

28. What a profile!

29. platedlizard says:

Gah! Two conflicting earworms!

30. kibblenibble says:

Cheeuw up, wittle fewwet. :-(

31. Justahannah says:

d’awww…I have four of the buggers, and when Mokkun gets sad he lays really really flat against the floor, like he’s so low he’ll sink right through it, and sighs super hard. He sulks so hard I just haven’t seen any other type of critter do it better. I love how expressive ferrets are!

32. This is the version that sticks to my head whenever I read “Ain’t No Sunshine” (this isn’t the official video, but listen to the rendition). This is by Randy Crawford, Des’ree and the amazing Ladysmith Black Mambazo:

Cheer up, li’l ferret. The sun will come out soon I tell ya. ;)

33. … only darkness every day…

My mom’s poodle had that same expression for a long time after she died. Sure hope this little fella is enjoying the rain and not sad :(

34. resriechan says:

@ Melissadessa:

(maybe your RADIO had a crack in it….from yer smackin’ it)

(giggle)

35. fifthsonata says:

OH the sun’ll come out, to-mo-rrow…bet your bottom dollar that to-mo-ROW….there’ll be sun…

36. resriechan says:

jakepets (# 22?) VERY nice lil’ bit of classic humor/ rhyme, there!!

@ fifthsonata (smacking myself on the for’head…)

D’OH!!! how COULD you inflict such trauma on me?

(ok, there’s a CHANCE that I might have a kneejerk set of issues, around disliking that song…..I LOVE the story Little Or. Annie….but I PASSIONATELY disapprove of that song)

(walks away, in the direction of the nearest Trauma Stress Therapist’s office….)

37. Theadosia says:

@Justahannah

I’m sure ferrets sulk magnificently, but I would hestitate to put them up against a Golden Retriever who’s just realised, for the fifth time today, that you are just getting up and walking from the living room to the office and not, in fact, intending to take him out in the car. The theatricality of the flop, the heaviness of the sigh and the desperate, reproachful look in those big brown eyes…I just can’t see a ferret beating that.

38. Today just happens to be the anniversary of A.A. Milnes’ death. How a propos!

Fat ferret? Fluffy ferret-great name!

And I know, too.

OOH, I get to host a Classical guitar concert today!

39. resriechan says:

@ Katrina:

AA Milnes AND Classical (Spanish?) guitar??? NICE!!

(Maybe the correct phrase would be “Break a string”??)

40. The concert was just great we had 60+ people! And most of them were 60+!

I hope we can do it again soon, he played Bach, Villa-Llobos, Ponce and somebody else I can’t remember right now it was great! Thanks Res!

Do you remember the A.A. Milne poem of the two raindrops on the window, racing each other to the bottom? It was very sweet.