He’s a Little Awkward in Uncomfortable Situations

I salute you, sir! Heh-heh, just kidding. Um, I’m actually quite uncomfortable here, and to say that there’s a yoga-like situation going on is really understating it. To be honest, I haven’t seen my left leg for days…so, a little help?

I suspect there are men at work on the situation, Tracy from Oz.

Comments

1. Is that a joey trying to escape, or one the just jumped in momma’s pouch a bit too fast?

2. BeckyMonster says:

He can’t sleep cause his beds are burning!

[They belong to him; let's give 'em back - Ed.]

3. aw, baby disemboweling toes-es!

4. I can’t feel my legs!

5. catloveschanel says:

what the ?

6. resriechan says:

Under the “How to assemble your Puppy” post, from several days ago or last weekend, QoD was inspired to perform the Yoga. For her recuperation, VonZepp had contacted several emergency health professionals to be available, on-call, on a consultation fee. Perhaps that same team might still be available. Von Z????

If I remember correctly, they included a chiropodist, a……

7. catloveschanel says:

I think it was too much coffee resriechan

8. this is like the salute in third rock from the sun, no??

9. Tie me kangaroo down, sport.

10. I give you a back-leg salute, sir!

[As long as there's no fireplug involved... - Ed.]

11. All I wish is to be alone.
    Stay away, don’t you invade my home!
    Best off if you hang outside,
    Don’t come in – I’ll only turn and hide.

12. LOL!!! I looked at that picture and the first thing that popped into my head was Dean Martin’s Ain’t that a kick in the head. For you young whipper snappers out there who don’t know Deano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huKSm0tAvhs

13. TwilightGuru says:

LOL Whada Cutie!

14. Gigi, thanks for the link :) My fave is Dean Martin and Victor Borge doing “phonetic punctuation”.

Baby roo looks embarrassed, as Mom can’t help but talk to the rescue men about how her Joey is such a klutz.

15. catloveschanel says:

Who can it be knocking at my door?
    Make no sound, tip-toe across the floor.
    If he hears, he’ll knock all day,
    I’ll be trapped, and here I’ll have to stay.

16. Mary (the first) says:

Isn’t this a re-post? Seems like I’ve seen it .. somewhere .. and since I mostly come here for all my qte needs, I don’t know where else it could have been.

17. fifthsonata says:

He looks so nonchalant, despite the fact his foot is near his face.

18. He’s got such big eyes! The face says “Ehn! I stuck.”
    Love all the random earworms popping up!

19. resriechan says:

@ catloveschanel:

unfortunately, I haven’t that excuse,
    as I don’t drink the Cafe. Now soda, with caffeine, …THAT is a major fix……complete with horrid withdrawal headaches if a day passes w/o soda……

20. Von Zeppelin says:

Resriechan, my team of orthopedic/chiropractic/emergency medicine/Russian weightlifting professionals will be available, with the addition of a veterinarian and a lifeguard from Bondi Beach (New South Wales). I have to add, however, that I think Chanpon is correct–Joey is just giving a snappy salute from the confines of the mompouch.

21. Do you come from a land down under?
    Where women glow and men plunder?
    Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover.

And, of course, a fun fact: Kangaroo joeys dive headfirst into their momma’s pouch and do a somersault in there … hence the excess baggage of hind feet sometimes. But this way the feet don’t poke at the soft pouch-wall!

22. (taking up the song)
    Buying bread from a man in Brussels,
    He was six-foot-four and full of muscles!!!!!!!!

EVERYBODY!!!

23. oROOgami.

24. puddlepuppers says:

Ah RUE the moves that got me stuck like this.
    (with thanks to Nikki)

25. I said, Do you speak-a my language?

[Now, I could take this in an entirely different direction, if there are any Morphine fans out there...? (the band, I mean) - Ed.]

26. Ed – But youuuuuuuuuuu you speak-a muh languageeeee!
    Kaboola kaboolasay ballaballlaballakay (I actually had never really known what they say here)

[YAY!!! ♥ :D ♪ come on BRENDAAAA ♫ - Ed.]

27. resriechan says:

@ VonZepp: we here at CO are at your debt for this community service.

(YOWCH!!! If your/ Chanpon’s theory is correct, that Joey sure got EARLY
    instructions on The Correct Salute. He/she’s still a lil’ nipper, that’un!!!)

28. resriechan says:

@ Gigi:

High five for use of the term “whippersnappers” !!!

29. Selphie le Boffin says:

No no no no no no Men at Work.

30. Poor Momma Kangaroo, will never regain her post pregnancy figure, with that great galoot on board.

31. Tracy from Oz says:

To Mary (the first): this isn’t a repost from anywhere. The only other place this pic appears is on my facebook profile.

Photo taker and senderinner- Tracy from Oz :)

32. *breaks down sobbing*

Mark SANDMAN!! oh how we miss you.

33. It’s a good thing they’re cute, cos they taste bloody terrible!

34. StormCat42 says:

First of all, LUVS “Men at work”… My fav song was “It’s a Mistake”… (I’ll be singing that now for the rest of the day…) *ahem*
    “We’ll not fade out too soon
    Not in this finest hour
    Whistle your favourite tune
    We’ll send a card and flower”

Second, I think he’s actually looking at the camera as if to say “Beeaattcches YOU can’t do this!!!”….

Third, this reminds me of the qte video of the toddler, who’d gotten her leg stuck up on top of the tray of her high chair… The videographer started talking to her, and she was just awavin’ that leg for all it’s worth… Have no idea where that video can be found, but it was almost (not quite, but almost) as cute as “popsichy”….

35. little baby ‘roo is probably digging his nails just right into mom’s tum, too… out of spite if nothing else

& post-script: totally diggin’ on all the Sandman love, here!

36. What else does Mum have in her pocket? A Vegemite sandwich!

37. I’m surprised no one said it, so I will: BaROO?

38. skippymom says:

Vegemite! Vegemite!

39. When my biology prof mentioned that marsupials give birth to tiny infants, some of the other gals in the class thought this was a good idea. But prof added that, once the babies come out of the pouch, if they get startled, they RUN back and JUMP in the pouch and then SQUIRM AROUND so they can look out at whatever it was…. By this time, being a Mom Marsupial didn’t sound quite so good.

I say if a joey doesn’t fit any better than that, it’s time to MOVE OUT!

40. Mary : this exact picture isn’t a re-post, but I, too, recall seeing a tangled-up marsupial here recently. Let’s see if I can find it….

Here we go! http://cuteoverload.com/2009/12/06/you-shouldnt-have/

The little guy in this post is much more tangled up than the other, but you can sort of see what looks like a back foot poking up behind the baby’s head in the third photo down of the older post.

41. Queen of Dork says:

Joey is all tangled! By the way, I know the song but what exactly is a vegemite sandwich? (I wonder if they taste good….)?

42. DaytimeDeb says:

Love the M.A.W. references… thought the hovertext was a brilliant companion to the caption….. but now I can’t get the song out of my head. And seeing how it was popular while I was in high school, I am showing my age whenever I start humming it out loud.

Mmm-mmm-mm-MM-mmm…. trying to hum under my breath.

43. QoD: Vegemite is a spread made out of fermented yeast, or something like that. It’s like Marmite, only vegetarian. As you might imagine, it’s an acquired taste. The flavor is mostly salt, and it’s eaten spread (thinly) on bread or toast. (They look sort of like apple butter, but it’s a mistake to spread them as thickly as you would apple butter. A disgusting mistake.)

44. Queen of Dork says:

Alex: Thanks for the info! I’d probably like it. I like things like that, such as brewer’s yeast and salt on popcorn. yummmmmmm. *salivating*

45. QoD: NO. THEY. DON’T. ;)

46. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: I think you gave it a “yuck” review. :)