“Ehn!,” Definish of

1. Wait, lizards like eggs?
2. People take videos of lizards trying to nom eggs in their back-yards?
3. THOSE VIDEOS END UP HERE SOMEHOW!?

4. WTF Sender-Inner Austin C.!

Comments

1. Persevere!! We’re all chasing that egg we call life…

2. I have no idea what I was saying just there.

3. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope. Oo I got it this ti…nope.

4. YAY I GOTS IT! OM NOM NOM NOM

5. Hahahahaha.
    I could watch this little guy for hours!

6. Such a beautiful tail!

7. We missed the money shot!

8. He’s got the “OM” but not the “NOM NOM”.

9. mini tortoise + mini tomato
    *repeat*

10. Awww – poor lizard. I’m glad he finally got his nummy egg.

I spent a similar (and equally hilarious) time watching a small dutch rabbit trying to pick up a ping-pong ball.

11. heh. If I had lizards with such beautiful striped tails and prosh flicking tongues in my backyard, I’d buy eggs just to watch them be pushed around. Austin C, you rock! (and your lizard rolls)

12. Martha in Washington says:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I’m glad this little guy is not insane! Yay for breakable eggshells.

13. It’s like the French bulldog puppeh that couldn’t roll over: I was in despair that Senor Lizardo would ever get his huevo.

14. My inner commentary for this video was exactly what doxnsox said. Now I know that if I’m ever feeling like I’m getting nowhere, if I just keep doing the same thing enough times, I’ll break through and get to the sweet gooey yolk of success.

15. Cutest. Lizard. Ever.

And what a prosh tail!

16. That mini tortoise has me dead for zeh qte!!

17. cathymarg says:

hey, the guy’s practicing his skills for the upcoming egg-rolling contest

18. In the Chandelier of life Lizardo was a very dim bulb.

19. Okay, lizards usually fall well outside my definition of cute, but I definitely lol’ed and lol’ed at this one.

20. Anne Boleyn says:

Looks like me, trying to play golf.

21. Anne I laughed in comiseration! Ahh funny peeps.

22. I want a mini-tortoise!

23. i’m waiting for the nuffers to say it’s appalling and gross and totally un-cute for CO to show an animal eating/trying to eat something that isn’t a plant.

24. It’s like the reptilian version of an egg-and-spoon race.

25. I am the Walrus, He is the Eggzard
    Goo Goo g’joob!

26. i always get a kick out of watching my guinea pigs trying to “catch” their cherry tomatoes… these two are even better…

27. 260Oakley says:

Sisyphus tries to come out of his shell.

28. Satisfied tail sweesh @ 0:56 :)

Is that another leezard in the background ?

29. The lizard is an Argentine Tegu, I believe. They are really attractive lizards, and extremely cute as babies. And they do love eggs. I’m happy to see critters other than the typical puppies and kittens.

I remember when we gave Richard his first egg. He pushed it around before eating the shell. He didn’t seem all that interested in the good stuff within. :-)

30. Git in mah belleh!

31. Adorable! Though I’m wondering how he managed to finally catch it.

32. Sender-Inner, you need to rename your liz Sisyphus, stat.

Sporkles @ 30, I’m dying.

33. That egg is toast! Bet the little guy got yummy egg up against a fence or tree to hold it while he chomped. Perseverance pays off again, proving that success is 90% hard work. Why is it I find lizards cute but am terrified of snakes? Could it be legs? Yeah, that’s it!

34. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

“These are NOT Joanna eggs!”
    (too obscure?)

35. LOL NTMTOM! Rescuers Down Under is not obscure. At least not obscure to young, American adults.

36. How did it finally break the shell open?

37. Colonel Jenna says:

I was so relieved to see the lizard get lunch. Yay leezard!

38. lurkingsmirk says:

Haha this lizard reminds me of the scrat from Ice Age

39. Wow, CO. Now I have to explain to my stepson that animals eat other animals. Great. What do I say when he asks why the egg’s guts are everywhere?! Sheesh!! ;)

40. Goanna!???

41. This should be subtitled “The Persistance of Lizards.”

42. PS WHAT kind of egg is that? Is it a plain ol’ chicken egg? OR could it be, OMG A LIZARD EGG, OMG CANNIBALISM??!!!!!

43. Oh dear, I think I put too many caps in my comment.

44. Becky, Bubba’s mum , Yeah, I think it is the legs, I can hold any animal, as long as it has legs-I just can’t hold long ropey things-I don’t know why, but the fear feels Limbic in origin. Amputees don’t count.

45. mobiustrip says:

Sorry to distract from the eggy cuteness, but is that a hemp plant he is strolling by at about 00:06? That would maybe explain why he has the munchies, and why he is having difficulties with said munchies.

46. Did he finally get his mouf around the egg, or did he give up and just sit on it??? Anyways, I’m glad he got his yummy yolky goodness!

47. um, anybody else wondering what kind of PLANTS those are?

48. Von Zeppelin says:

Some impressive soccer* skills there. In a slow-motion, reptilian kind of way.

*Hon Glad and other subjects of Her Majesty: for “soccer,” read “proper football.”

49. Nicky Anspach says:

Maybe he was practicing leezard soccer moves????

50. Frankly, I’m just shocked it took so long for the Rescuers Down Under to pop up in this thread.

51. Awwwwwww! poor little Joanna ! That big ol’ selfish man scared her !!!
    Come here sweetie I have eggs for you !

Will somebody please put down some rocks so the pretty lizard doesn’t have to work soooo hard !

52. This hearkens back to “Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head,” by B. Kliban.

53. Doxnsox’s comment at #3 still has me laughing!!! :lol:

54. Didn’t mom ever tell you not to play with your food?

55. Katrina, thank you for stating that amputees are not excluded from our love. gytFor me, it’s only snakes. ~~{willies}~~

56. Oops: above is what happens when you clean fudge bar drips from your keyboard in the midst of posting. Sorry.

57. platedlizard says:

It’s probably a pet, a lot of reptile keepers in warmer climes keep their critters outdoors.

Nice big chicken egg.

58. Love it, love it, love it! But now I’m dying to know how he caught it.

59. That ain’t no lizard. That’s a Gila Monster. No?

60. Needs toast to dunk in yolk.

OM! whoop. OM! whoop. OM. . . . repeat etc etc

61. Valerie @ 39 “Now I have to explain to my stepson that animals eat other animals. Great. What do I say when he asks why the egg’s guts are everywhere?!”

Easy… just tell him it was an unfertilized egg. No one was home.

62. Meg The Aardvark says:

“yawwn *wakezz up*. im ONGRY. plus i have a job interview 2day… OOH! izz an egg! perrfect breakfast foooodz. nawm– wha?! naw– wha?! *goes on for hrs* NAWMIE NAWM!!! gotcha. ahh. omelets.