Performance Art: Typical Reaction

“OK, I managed to sit through the 45 minutes of chanting.  And the lady who showered the audience with toenail clippings while screeching about her childhood was kind of funny.  But by the time they got to the three guys in frogmen suits who smeared each other with vanilla frosting, I just went baroo?

How cute can you possibly get? is by wili_hybrid.

Comments

1. Felicityanne says:

Oh to inhabit your mind, NTMTOM…

2. I am SLAYED by the cuteness. SLAYED.

3. Noooooo. That is too much for me. I can never leave the house again; I must sit here and gaze into those lovely eyes for the rest of my life.

4. It looks like he’s got button eyes! WHAT AN ADORABLE LITTLE BABEH SEAL!
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a little white furred one!

5. Ah! My goodness! *explodes from the cute*

6. Oh my goodness… Cutest. Baby. Seal. Ever…. : )

7. OMG the perfect meld of cute… adorable… and sad.

8. the preformance are production does not get his Seal of approval!

9. Oppps Spelling fail

that should be performance

10. What? Is this a real seal?!
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

11. DewiCasgwent says:

Paging all aQTE medical staff, we have a code RAINBOW repeat code Rainbow this is not a drill.
    Dons protective gear and starts setting up beds and smelling salt dispersal system

12. Squeeee! *faints*

13. Call the chiropracter! That’s a mega-baroo!

14. Speaking of vanilla frosting, has someone been rubbing it on this little guy? Can seals even BE that color?

15. michellemybelle says:

Ear nubs!

16. Critic is obviously a member of the Barrooman Group.

17. How many dadaists does it take to change a lightbulb?

18. I’m with Felicityanne… what color is the air on your planet, NTMTOM?

19. eastiegirl says:

Ded.

WANT!

20. @Skippymom: Cheese Danish!

21. skippymom says:

@Theresa: And somebody needs to put the giraffe in the bathtub.

22. O_o

23. skippymom says:

Oh, sorry, that was the one about surrealists. Another answer is Fish. Which this seal would probably like.

24. That has to be THE cutest thing I’ve EVER seen! *THUD*

25. I want to kees eet!!! Mwah!!

26. UNREAL!!!!!

27. Antarctic Fur Seals are darling. There’s a picture of one in a marine mammal guide I have that practically made me keel over when I first saw it.

28. This is so cute it actually physically hurt. It was like getting punched in the stomach.

29. Until I saw the rear flipper (OK, and read the comments) I was not even sure what this adorable lil guy was. He looks like he is wearing UGG boots on the front.

30. fifthsonata says:

I can imagine a little thought balloon above this baby….

“Are you SURE those shoes match with that handbag?”

31. @ N. Fritz and Felicityanne… what is IN the air on your planet, NTMTOM?

Whatever it is, I want some!! I would love to see the world the way you do.

32. This broke the cute-ometer.

33. Am I the only one who thought the eyes were kind of soulless and creepy?

34. Stephanie says:

OMG, I felt like I got punched in the gut. The extreme cuteness absolutely took my breathe away. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that baby! Want! NOW!

35. DewiCasgwent says:

Tori
    If the poor seal, had been exposed to avant garde performance art, I’m surprisied it isn’t crying.
    We have a ‘busker’ that believes acordian music involves holding randomly selected keys and pulling and pushing it in a totally arythmic manner.

QofD
    Help! My bows are all floppy and the gliter just isn’t sticking, what sort thread do you use to sew brains back together?

36. …………… *shudder*
    too. qte.

….. *SPLORT*

37. Hey , if it aint Baroque don’t fix it !

38. In the immortal words of Steven Colbert, LOOKIT HIS EYES THEY’RE LIKE LITTLE BUTTONS!!!

*dies and is ded*

39. binky-mama says:

Work that head tilt bebeh, WORK IT!

40. Bexinator says:

My favorite animal in baby form!!! AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

I want!!! =(

41. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Typical performance art reaction, indeed! Seals are quite possibly the cutest babies EVER, right up there with baby otters (is there some land/water animal attraction?)! This thing is so friggin’ cute I CAN’T TAKE IT!!!!

42. Hi,

I’m the author of this photo. Took it on a trip to South Georgia — the most beautiful place I’ve ever been on this planet (it’s a small island in the middle of nowhere, north of the Antarctic Peninsula). When I saw this little fellow, my heart melted. It’s a rare albino fur seal, and it just *loved* to pose for the camera.

43. *ded*

44. One of the cutest things I’ve ever seen … hands down.

45. OH. MUH. GAW.

i am melting from the inside out

46. What the phoque?

47. Puddlepuppers says:

seal appeal

48. *looks up from sociology book*

Good googli-moogli! How does CO expect for me to concentrate on my paper when they post stuff like thi……….*splode*

*twitch*

49. AuntieMame says:

Waitaminnit.

This little dood is trying to decipher the performance art?

Or maybe he IS the performance art?

(Don’t feel bad, little sealio. I don’t “get” most art, either.)

50. Like a fool I went and stayed too long.
    Now I’m wondering if your love’s still strong?
    Oo baby, here I am, albino seal, I’m yours!

51. The more I look at this picture… The more I’m creeped out by the eyes.
    It’s still wickedly cute, but do baby seals have eyelids?

52. Lol @Gigi for the French/taxonomy ref!
    So, if this is an Antarctic fur seal, it’s an albino antelope:

Family: Phocidae
    Genus: Arctocephalus
    species: gazelli

So, it’s also a phocing bear-head gazelle!
    Ergo, another elk.

53. @Gigi-what the phoque-that’s hilarious!

incredibly cute sealio..

*thud*
    *twitch* *twitch*
    final *thud*

54. OMG! Is this for real?

So adorable! That face, those lil’ eyes…that beepable nose….*faints*

55. The little flippers are prosh, but the head-tilt—

-thud-

56. naturalady says:

RE: eye comments: yes I agree, the eyes are weird, but since the darling darling darling little seal is albino, then good chance his eyes are blue………

57. Queen of Dork says:

Oh dear. This is an extreme level of cute. It would have been cute enough but the head tilt brings it to another level. I feel like I’m melting inside. *goofy grin. sigh* All the tensions of the day just kind of….lifted off me, turned into mutli-colored butterflies and fluttered away. :)

Dewi: The surgical thread is made from a secret ingredient by Elfin folk in a forest somewhere and is delivered to the aQte ward by hummingbirds! *sews Dewi’s brains back together*

58. @ dub1 Thanks but my little bilingual joke had nothing to do with taxonomy.
    I will ignore Carson’s Law and explain:
    Phoque is French for seal and is pronounced like everybody’s favorite four letter word starting with an f.

59. Queen of Dork says:

Gigi: Hahaha! Learn something new every day! I’m tempted to send an e-mail to one of my bosses telling him he’s a big phoque head. But that would be insulting (in French) to seals.

60. Gigi, we get it, but the “seal” is not a single species. It’s a family of related species, hence the term qualifies as taxonomic.

61. @Ville
    At least you had the presence of mind to press the shutter button. I probably would have stood there and drooled. Lucky, lucky you.

62. He looks like Sirotan. Unbelievably cute.

63. A. Non Ymous says:

This is amazingly adorable. Mr. Miettinen, your pictures are amazing. I’ll put South Georgia on my list of places to go.

Remember, they’re called “fur seals” for a reason. Let’s do what we can to protect them.

64. cassandra says:

oh. my… *splodes into a poof of rainbows and pink glitter*

65. Modernism won the culture-war a long time ago, baby seal. Get used to it.
    (rides into sunset on bicycle built for five)

66. Queen of Dork says:

Patito: Here were I live I would: (ride into the sunset on my horse Paint, down the dusty road with tumbleweeds rolling along and a piece of straw in my mouth). (Cue The Good, The Bad and The Ugly here).

67. Queen of Dork says:

P.S. (clippity clop, clippity clop, clippity clop)

68. No words… so CUTE! The head tilt, the big eyes…. *is ded forever from the qte*

69. darn, I was just reaching for my helmet; but the page loaded too quickly…

SPLORT!

70. Tanjerine says:

OMG! I want one. NOW!

71. It’s true, too. In my university days, I took a performance art class. I was an art major, and I needed ONE extra art class for the credits…. and performance art was the only one that still had a spot open. Oh, the horrific things I was forced to witness and to participate in during that class. NOTHING grossed me out more than watching a girl in my class chew up celery and carrots and then regurgitate it back up on the floor. The professor loved it. Said it was her favorite performance of the whole semester. This professor also forced me to prance around on hands and knees in a gurdle pretending I was a unicorn. Okay, time for me to curl up in the fetal position from reliving that trauma.

On another, much happier note, what a cutie!

72. Those eyes make me mellllttttt.
    What a little phoque head indeed. <3

73. Selphie le Boffin says:

Firstly, the seal (…sea lion?) is super duper cute.
    Second, is it albino, or is there a species that looks like that normally?

And finally, if you blur your eyes a little so that his flippers blend in with the gravel, it looks like he’s got stubby little puppy feet! Puppy!!!!

74. Great photo! I could do without the write up.

75. *Falls over dead.* OoO OMG

76. I love this leetle thing so much, but I am scared for it. Don’t albino creatures in the wild have a tough time blending into the background like their normally colored brethren? Someone tell me being loved on CO protects one forever from those who are in proximity and hungry!

77. I could not have resisted putting this cutie in my tote and bringing it home. Just try to arrest me. Those flippy feet alone!

78. You can tell she’s a bottle blonde, just look at those roots coming in around her flippers.

79. ME: “He is too cute to be real, even tho I know he is. I cannot withstand it.” (Falls off chair.)

80. AuntieMame says:

Ellen, the “writeup” is the whole point of Cute Overload. If you don’t like it, you’d be better off at, say, National Geographic.

81. Oh dear . . . *sees bodies lying on the floor of Qte readers with heads all kersplooshed from seeing the sealio*

Am I too late? *puts on surgical mask and yanks on gloves with a big SNAP*

Did the hummingbirds bring the suture thread? *looks around and starts tying bandages into giant Hello Kitty bows*

82. I have an exam today, for which I didn’t prepare.

I’ll just print this with a message below:
    You want to flunk this paper?

83. Melinda (another one) says:

Definate shades of Coraline with this little one…. I think the Other Mother got him… while she did her performance….

Cute… but… wheres his butt?

OH, ok, had to go look at the large version of this to see his flippers!

84. I think I peed a little.

85. The Dutchess of Cupcake says:

**thud**

86. AAAW. what a little baby. terribly cute!

87. Signed sealed delivered I’m yours.

88. Starlinguk says:

Methinks Selphie is right, it’s a sea lion.

A very CUTE sea lion.

89. my lord i’m going to pass out. his wittle front nubular flippers are painfully cute!

90. I … OMG… *bursts into tears*

91. DewiCasgwent says:

Hummingbirds could we have more splode head thread.

QoD thanks for telling me where you got the thread from I had to resort to sticking plasters

Dash thanks my bows were all floppy and not very nice

Goes to add more smelling salts to the dispersal system

92. I want to kiss it and bring it home with me and protect it from a those EVIL EVIL people who want to kill it for the fur.

93. Fun fact! Baby seals have not yet formed tear ducts, meaning…they cry. All the time. Too cute.

94. @Starlinguk: It’s an Antarctic Fur Seal (Arctocephalus gazella), also known as a Kerguelen Fur Seal. There were thousands of them in South Georgia, although I only saw two albinos. This little heartbreaker liked to pose. :)

95. suzushii -courage, mon brave and grace under pressure……tell us how it was. Your fellow Peep, K.

Now I love da baby seal, but its feet are dirty, too! Just not fair! I’ll go wash them off.

96. The eyes are like mini black holes.

97. He cries I will give him a hug!

98. showered the audience with toenails? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

oh, and cute!

99. adorable pic, lame copy.

100. Oh wow I cracked up. xD ykwim

101. rubber duck says:

SQUUEEEE!

So cute I want to cry!

102. rubber duck says:

One of the comments on the Flickr page: “Cute, but the eyes are kind of zombie-ishly vacant. I wonder if it eats brains?”

Not sure of that, but souls, probably, yes.

103. lexipuppymommy says:

OH. He’s so cute it hurts! Does he speak with a Nordic accent? Cause in my head, he does. I shall call him Sven. (Yeah I read that he’s an Antarctic Seal, but who cares!)

104. Warning: May cause unintentional head-tilt.

105. (Binaca spritz)
    rubber duck, eh?

106. that guy is cute!
    hes funny too:)

107. I would love that seal to be my pet ooooooomg

108. Cutest thing ever!

109. Space Cowgirl says:

Another Jenn, don’t you mean like getting clubbed? ;)

110. AAAAAAAHH!!! that is the CUTEST BABY SEAL!!! *faints from adorableness*

111. DOES IT GET ANY CUTER THAN THIS??????

112. This little dude so made my day. *SPLODE*

113. As someone once pointed out a lo-ong time ago, baby seals = kodama (as depicted in Princess Mononoke)

Srsly.