What Do You Expect When You Leave Four Bars of Milk Chocolate Lying Around?

Uh, nooooo….you didn’t catch me eating something I shouldn’t. I was just using this as a – uh – pretend microphone! To – uh –  practice my comedy bit! “What is with us being called hamsters? We don’t even look like hams…”

Well don’t you feel stupid, Gratiela F.

Comments

1. I feel a discussion about the safety of chocolate coming on.

Does hammie have a hint of blue eyes or am I losing it?

2. Oh WOW O.O
    Such a pretty hammy!!

3. Gee, what a ham. Old ham jokes. Ah ha ha. (polite clapping)

4. Thank you, everybody. You’ve been a great crowd. Don’t forget to tip your waiters and try the veal.

5. Oo those little hands! Oo those little fingers! Oo those eyes, that expression! Oo!

Wow, that reduced me to that in 5 seconds…

6. Resriechan says:

1) Just noticed the new (?) Tag — “Liars” BWA HA HA

2)(Please read the following in either the voice of Rod Serling or the voice of
    Alfred Hitchcock. Thank you.)

Well, boys & girls (& other alternative genders, as preferred):

My !! THIS little (hamster?) certainly has a deeply guilt-ridden expreshe, doesn’t (he/she)??? …… Will there be a “session of Confession” ,
    tonight, at the neighborhood Catholic Church? Or is this the last candy bar he/she will ever get in (his/her) cute little manicured paws?

Tune in for the next riveting episode of Critters & Cops, to find out.

7. I suspect the answer to the caption is….. Diarrhoea

8. Does look guilty!

9. 260Oakley says:

Melts in your mouth, not in your hams.

10. Le chocolat tue le hamster!

11. Mmmm…chocolate filled hammies…sounds divine!

12. @Kar – Those eyes look blue to me!

13. Darling little pink pawsies and delicious chocolate. NOM NOM NOM

14. Some ones been to the Trader Joes!

Smart little Hamster!

15. “So what IS the deal with airplane peanuts?” (cue crazy bass sting)
    Most furtive stand-up EVAR.

@Kar – I’m surprised there hasn’t been any discussion of the negative effects of chocolate on hams yet… Give it time.

16. great hovertext Prongs

17. may I be the first to say “BEEP!”
    that sweet little nosicle looks like it’s dusted with sugar – like a leetle peenk gumdrop!

18. Funny…is he going to play the Borscht Belt, next?

19. I don’t think it’s a hamster. I believe it’s a mini-possum

20. StormCat42 says:

Oakley – YOU are the bomb, my punning friend!!

Doesn’t this little guy count for the “beady eyes” department? And how can you not look at those leetle fingers and not squeeeee?

21. Well, you can certainly see where all the poof and roundness comes from. *ahem*

22. OK, folks, not to worry, rllly!!! The Hammie is best buds with the Easter Bunny, who has received a very early shipment of candy; (he starts packing the Kiddie Easter Baskets quite early)……… The rabbit let Hammie borrow the candy bar for a photo-shoot only; ( no chocolate was consumed in the making of this picture: it was taken for Easter candy publicity only, because Hammie, after all, is a bit of a ham……!)

23. Heather in Oregon says:

Oh my goodness how cute he is! That little beady eye pulls me into his lie…I want to believe him!

*on a side note…omg, I got sidetracked on this funny funny blog, its about a sleep talking guy… here’s the url if anyone else is interested in loling till you wee. http://www.sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com

If he was an animal, he’d be on CO!

24. OMG! Such little pawsies, little nose, blue eyes….

*ded*

25. O what an entertaining little hammy!!

26. itty bitty possum is what I thought too

27. That’s quite the itty bitty chocolate bar!

28. Yes, he does make you “melt” but I thought chocolate was bad for animals?? Doesn’t it make them pretty sick? Hope he didn’t actually eat any there.

As for his/her cuteness- squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)

[No, don’t actually feed your pets chocolate, or laxatives, or artist’s erasers, or seagoing military vessels… – PSA]

29. Jess&Friends says:

Ham hands!
    That is all.

30. 260Oakley:
    “Melts in your mouth, not in your hams.”

Pure gold!

31. platedlizard says:

But Ed, I thought sea-going military vessels were part of a balanced diet for hammies! Have I been lied to all this time?

[Yes. You have most certainly been lied to in re: the nutritional value of aircraft carriers to domesticated rodents. All this time. – Ed.]

32. Hee! Like Paunchie, I thought this fellow was an awesomely cute and small possum at first as well! :D

Silver Hammie sings the chocolate blues…

33. Yeah, chocolate’s supposed to be toxic, but our pet rats used to eat small amounts and it never hurt them…and they were just as cute eating it as this hamster!

34. Shadowtiger says:

Rats and humans are about the only animals on the planet that can ingest chocolate without becoming violently ill (or dying). Hammies, just like most other critters, generally should avoid eating the stuff, although posing for photos with it is just fine and dandy if the humans are on the ball about preventing nibblage.

The blue around the eyes is actually pretty normal–almost any rodent with a high BEF will have a ring of blue around their pupil that you only see when they clench their jaw, because the tendon that connects their bite muscle runs right behind the eyeball. They bite, their eye bulges a bit, and you see the “whites” of their eyes, which are blue. If their eyes are pink, as is relatively common for ratzen and mowzen, then the “whites” of their eyes are red.

35. Wait, is that Maxwell the Silver Hammie?

36. Kar: You rock.

bang bang maxwell’s silver hammie can down a rabbit’s head….
    bang band maxwell’s silver hamster made sure that it was dead,
    oh whoa whoa…..!

37. Is anyone else reminded of Robert de Niro in “The King of Comedy?”

This little hammikins is his spitting image!

38. I agree with the hamster. I love chocolate too!! ^.^ <3

39. @Heather in Oregon: awesome find! It is funny and I did wee!

40. It sort of looks like a baby opossum.

41. i eat because i’m unhammy
    and i’m unhammy because i eat

it’s a vicious exercise wheel

42. Heather in Oregon says:

@ Jezebel, Thanks! I saw some others who commented over there came from here…glad I could share it cause its soooo freakin funny! :)

43. Heather in Oregon says:

Have to leave a comment again, cause I forgot to click on notify me of follow-up, and it won’t let me click unless I leave a new comment……. ninja sigh

44. Yeah, well he may not be the world’s best stand up comic, but he’s still funnier than Jerry Seinfeld.

45. resriechan says:

(If asked, I would have answered, without hearing the material, that ANYbunny is funnier than His Highness the Seinfeld. I think I must be the ONLY human born in the United States who has NEVER been able to find Seinfeld to be brilliant or comprehend the success of that show. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in the Big Apple. But there have been LOTS of NYC based comedy, that makes me laugh — various specific Woody Allen films; Barney Miller….Maybe it’s because I’m a charter member of the Pleistocene Era )

(But, then again, I guess nobunny DID ask.) (sigh)

“And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming! Please excuse the interruption. Thank you.

Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies

46. Those hands! Ack, ack, ack! So cute!

47. Anonymous Coward says:

?!

i am sure i’ll repeat the same question everyone else asked: am i really seeing a hint of blue in this jovial hamster’s eye?

(…)

soon, with all this sugar (and chocolate — can’t be good for him, no?), he’ll break out and start singing traditional boyscout songs in various rock-and-roll versions. i just can’t wait until he starts imitating Ian Anderson or Mick Jagger (if he can find tight-fitting shorts in his size)…

48. i thought hammies are not supposed to eat chocolate, no? (cute hammie though :D)

49. love the picture and the way you cheered it with words around. infact how you people made him to pose like that.Its a nice work.
    regards
    kerala photos

50. No lecture, but seriously folks, don’t give your small animals chocolate. It’s NOT an urban legend. My sister killed all four of her guinea pigs on her 12th birthday by feeding them chocolate birthday cake. It was horrible. I’m sure they can probably eat tiny amounts of it without doing any damage, but I really wouldn’t take any chances.