Welcome to my Boudoir

Welcome, daah-leenk, to my private hideaway. Thees international jet-set hamster life, eet ees so stressful. My spirit requires the—how you say—”me time,” yes?

Ah, the servants have prepared our luncheon: Tomato Bisque with Basil, and Prosciutto-Wrapped Cantaloupe. Bon appétit!

Who’s your decorator, Laurel E.?

Advertisements

Comments

1. CoconutCheez says:

wow… where did u find all these cute super miniature things, Laurel E.?!

*bow to the super cuteness of tiny ham + mini funiture combination*

2. resriechan says:

wow —

HOW tiny is that silver flatware? (And is it actually sterling? Hope so, for M’sieur le Playeur….(or peut-etre c’est M’SELLE LA Playeure???)

3. Not so pastel, mon ami, zees iz “neon” pink, yes?

What a set-up!!

Thanks, NOMTOM!

4. Little hammy even has a better view from his window than me. Anybody know if Laurel E is looking to adopt a 2-legged critter?

5. omg hilarious!!!

6. Isn’t this a mousie? Do I spy a tail in pic 1?
    Regardless, eet is VERY sweet and anerable, and I am jealous of the decor! Come over to my house and help me decorate!

7. LeAnn (not LeAnna) says:

Mousie looks quite comfortabuhls.

8. 260Oakely says:

McHamsion

9. 260Oakely says:

with accessories from Crate and Feral

10. “But what iz theese greenstuff in ze glass, surely not Absinthe, I ordered Champanyer,. only Champanyer is fit for mon tarbler”.

11. Good golly, clearly I am officially an inadequate pet mom. My poor bunnies have neither silverware nor fine frilly china, nor do they receive their meals as artfully prepared. I am so ashamed of myself! I will have to start wrapping their mango slices with mint leaves and their blueberries will be forevermore served on thyme skewers.

12. Awwwww, a little chinese dwarf hamster! I’ve always wanted one (don’t tell the hammies that already shares my life), but they’re impossible to find in Sweden.

13. @nikki – “thyme skewers”!!!! LOL

14. 260Oakley, absolutely brilliant!

I’m in awe that some people a) have the creative capacity to think of such things and b) have enough time to implement them. (Meaning the critter castle couture as well as 260Oakley’s witty puns at an early hour.)

15. resriechan says:

OMG I JUST SAW THE ITTY-BITTY TEENSY *PINK* ROCKINGHORSE in the left corner!!!!

(*beyond ded* Post-Comatose. Autopsy not necessary; cause of death is evident)

16. This kind of stuff always make me remember the old children’s story, “The Tale of Two Bad Mice,” especially when they try to eat the porcelain food but it won’t come off the plates!

17. Jess&Friends says:

I wish I lived there! Does the ham need a roommate?

18. Doll house food and accesories For the WIN!

19. What the hell is with all these rodents having better houses than mine?

[Economy of scale. – Ed.]

20. It’s a chinese dwarf hamster. ^_^

their tails are itty bitty- in the wild (yes! they live in the wilds!) they use their tails to grip corn stalks.

They’re pretty docile for hams. My last ham was a CDH. 😉

21. Andi from NC says:

check out that itty bitty prosciutto!!! and the miniature rocking horse??? the attention to detail boggles the mind!

Love it!

22. ahhahaha leetle rocking horse!

23. Oh, I LOVE “The Tale of Two Bad Mice”! Beatrix Potter ROCKS!

24. I want to live in that picture!!!!!

25. Nikki-you expect me t have any respect for you after learning this about you?
    Oh, yeah, sure, no prob.

26. victoreia says:

Do the feline overlords know about this place? 😯

27. Katrina, you caught me. LOL! 🙂

28. Resrie-we hardly knew ye!

Oh, that tiny rockinghorse, oh, my gravy who thinks these things up (and then makes them???) Oh, my…..

29. resriechan says:

@Katrina

(hmmm???? Hewwo!)
    (But me confuzzled. What did /didn’t I do????S’il te plait, m’expliquez??)

Paix a vous!

30. Space Cowgirl says:

My inner 10-year-old girl squeed, then went to get a blue-frosted cupcake and the colour-changing nail polish.

Oh wait, my outer 26-year-old does both.

Seriously, the ham is beyond prosh. And I would totally go for a bed like that. I’m really digging the pillows.

31. Space Cowgirl says:

*outer 26-year-old WOMAN, not that there’s anything wrong with a 26-year-old dude who likes cupcakes and nail polish.

32. Von Zeppelin says:

Space Cowgirl–What? You’ve been looking at my fingernails?

[Yes. For years. With palpable longing. – Ed.]

33. Yes! More Fronche! I meessed it.

34. What is that tiny cantaloupe looking thing?

35. Resriechan – #15-(*beyond ded* Post-Comatose. Autopsy not necessary; cause of death is evident)

I’m wishing you a safe journey to Valhalla, that’s all.

36. resriechan says:

(@ Katrina:

OH!!
    I forgot I’d died! giggle
    Back to being ded now. Peace!)

37. A Siberian hamster (also known as Russian hamster) looks the same, but with only a white tuft of a tail – whereas the Chinese hamster above has the short tail which is kind of mouse-like just shorter. I prefer the Siberian/Russian just because of the bitty white fluff of a tail.

38. Beatrix Potter LIVES.

39. Queen of Dork says:

Resrie: You can’t be ded as you have a job helping me on the ward. (Nurse Stef here). Now get up from your coma, punch in and help me make the beds.

Also: Me and my daughter’s last hamster was a dwarf of some sort. I can’t remember for sure but I think they said it was Siberian? Anyway, her name was Lulu and she lived in my daughter’s room for 2-1/2 years before she died. She was lovely and never bit either one of us. She’s buried in the back yard with a cross made of popsicle sticks as her headstone. May she rest in peace.

*Taps*

40. resriechan says:

(snores deceptively in clevaire attempt to evade shift duty)

41. Queen of Dork says:

Tricky, this one. hmmmmmmm. (prepares bed-pan container of warm water in which to immerse Resrie’s hand). (he-he.) (insert smiling devil dude here).

42. resriechan says:

(I thought you were the *NICE* Nurse!!!!Didja have to use a BEDPAN? ugh.)

(*snerk*)

43. Queen of Dork says:

Well, it was a clean one.

44. Mrs. McGinty says:

Oh, the prosh teeny silverware! And the perfectly pleated bedskirt-thingy on hammy’s little mattress! And the widdle biddy rocking-horse! Where on earth do people find these things for their little buddies?

45. I have two of these little babies. they’re so very sweet, but they don’t come out much. they burrow a lot. very sweet tempered. 🙂

46. It’s Hamron Diaz from the Hamster version of The Sweetest Thing!

47. It’s Honeydew melon, not Cantelope!