The Adventures of Ren & Ariel

While it may not have been verbally expressed, they knew it was prohibited; and so they waited until everyone else was hibernating. And when the curious – yet easily fooled – motorists passed, they feigned those dull stares usually reserved for the similarly-minded moronic salmon.

But once the grounds of Yellowstone cleared, they cranked them some Loggins and they freaking DANCED.

My, my, Marilyn T: You’ve been workin’ so hard, and punching that card. Eight hours, for what? Cute Overload’s whatchu got.

Photo by Oliver Klink, and to see the original post on Nat Geo, click here.

Comments

1. Loose, footloose
    Kick off your Sunday shoes

2. Disney called. They want the movie rights.

3. Who put the bumb in the bumpty bumpty bump

4. 260Oakely says:

“No, seriously, I just about died laughing when Goldilocks took one look at him and said ‘This one’s too small’.”

5. Get out!! How could a photographer have the presence of mind to click the camera when looking at something that cute!!!

6. Prongs cracks me up on a daily basis. “..they cranked them some Loggins and they freaking DANCED!” :)

7. Oh, I read that as “freak-danced” lol

they look like they’re holding hands! Paws.

8. BeckyMonster says:

Bears loose,
    Bears loose,
    Yellowstone’s got BEARS LOOSE!

9. They remind me a bit of the Wild Things in Where The Wild Things Are movie.. standing on their feet and being all anthropomorphic and whatnot

10. ahhh bear butts, my favorite! (not to be confused with bare butts)

Wait, is that too PG-13?? heehee

11. beardediris says:

Thanks for the earworm! How cute and so fuzzy!

12. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Oso cute.

13. Now see, I was singing,
    “And it’s all because your Momma don’t dance, and your daddy don’t rock and roll.
    Your Momma don’t dance, and your daddy don’t rock and roll…
    When evening comes around and it’s time to go to town,
    Where do you go? To rock and roll?”

14. After receiving less than pleasant medical news this morning, the last 3 posts are EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. Wonder if there’s a way to do cute overload chemo?

15. victoreia says:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prongs, Oakely, you gals crack me up!

16. Suzanne, god bless your positivity there!
    Cuteness is always a remedy for life’s challenges.
    May you be comforted by cuddly things.

17. take two puppehs and call me in the morning.

Good thoughts to you Suzzane.

18. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, Suzanne. *hugs*

19. warm thoughts and hugs from me and the kittehs and guinea pigghes too, Suzanne!

20. Do I see baby bears HOLDING HANDS?! Because that is some hardcore q-titude.

21. Everybody cut
    Everybody cut
    Everybody cut
    FOOTLOOSE!

Suzanne, all the best to you.

22. Suzanne Hugs and may all your days be filled with bears holding paws and fluffy Kittehs and prancing Puppehs!

23. Thanks peeps. It’s not going to beat me. :) The winking kitty on my page a day calendar says so.

24. Oooh, does this now count as an answer in Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon?

Oakley, you’re on fire lately. Suzanne, sending you a hug. I hope that your days get sunnier very quickly. xx

25. Hugs, Suzanne, and prayers for a prompt and absolute recovery…

26. eastiegirl says:

Sooo adorable and sweet!

Suzanne, best of luck with it all. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

27. Hey you two, get a room. Or a cave.

28. BeckyMonster says:

Ebony and Ivory
    Live together in perfect harmony…

Best wishes and kitten kisses to you Suzanne, cancer blows.

29. Praying for you Suzanne. Eat lots of yogurt during Chemo, it helps the gut problems.

30. AuntieMame says:

Looks like they’re still trying to work out who’s supposed to lead. :D

Suzanne, best wishes and good luck with your treatment! It will go well, and you will beat it! ‘Cause the winking kitteh says so! (And he wants more gravy!)

31. Best wishes, and kittens to you Suzanne!

32. They are barely beginning to express their NEED…their Need to Dance!

33. aaaawww sooo cute ! love this site ! <3

34. Von Zeppelin says:

No, no, no–not Loggins. These are elegant bears from an earlier, more gracious era:
    Beautiful music
    Dangerous rhythm
    It’s something daring, the Continental
    A way of dancing that’s really ultra-new
    It’s very subtle, the Continental
    Because it does what you want it to do

35. earlybird1 says:

YAYYYYY, it’s Little Bear from those old children’s books again! Look at him on the left there! I always wondered what happened to him; glad he got himself a dancing partner. :)

36. C.O., I love youse guys.

37. Queen of Dork says:

Oh, how sweet! But doooonnnn’t try to cut in.

Hugs and prayers of healing to Suzanne!

38. Stay strong Suzanne, immerse in all the cute you can get!

39. Puddlepuppers says:

Suzanne, we need your winning attitude. Prayers and hugs and boogie-oogie
    bears are coming your way.

40. Um . . .um . .. no one’s sang “My uncle Walter goes waltzing with bears?”

41. Are those grizz cubs?

42. oh, this is soo flippin’ cute.

43. kibblenibble says:

Suzanne, The Qte is very healing. And we are here for you.

44. Christopher says:

Now these are some dancing bears I can really support.

45. Wild thing, You make my heart sing !
    You make everything GROOOOOOVY !
    Wild Thing !

46. Aww. The hand-holdingks.

47. catloveschanel says:

Suzanne – sending you a bear hug and a prayer,
    some honey and some jam
    Look for the, Bear Necessities
    The simple bear Necessitites,
    Forget about your worries and your strife.
    I mean the, Bear Necessities
    Oh, Mother Nature’s recipies that bring the Bear Necessities to life.

48. Is this for real? Cuz it’s just too dang cute!

49. Sandi and Baby Enzo's Mom says:

Prayers and hugs to Suzanne. Stay strong and beleive in the cute.

50. BabyOpossum says:

Argyle Donkeypants, I see what you did there.

51. Nah. Bears don’t dig on dancing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wLHVjOos8Y&feature=fvw

52. If you go down to the woods today your sure of a big suprise
    If you go down to the woods today maybe you’ll see these guys
    Watch them take a ballroom stance as happily they start to dance
    Todays the day the brown bears practice their Rumba.

to the tune of teddy bears picnic

53. Suzanne – all the best, OK? Sending mental kittens.

Er…that sounds kind of weird, but, you know.

I suppose all kittens are a bit mental.

54. bookmonstercats says:

Suzanne, praying for you and sending you kittayns across the interwebs to bump up the treatment.

Hon Glad, LOL.

That is a serious shape being thrown by the blond bear.

["Shape" or "shade"? Jellystone is Burning... ;) - Ed.]

55. Clearly they’re wa-wa-wa-waltzing their way to the teddy bears’ picnic! Suzanne, warm and healing (((HUGS))) are going your way.

56. Squee! From the original Nat Geo post: “These two seven-month-old cubs thought that holding hands would make the danger disappear.”

I loved the Little Bear books too! Especially the one where he goes out to play in the snow, but keeps coming back to tell his mama he’s cold. She’s so patient that she makes him a hat. Then she makes him a scarf. Then she makes him a jacket. But finally he realizes he already has a fur coat — so he takes off all the clothes and frolics in the snow. :)

57. jere7my, that was exactly what I thought of, too! Yay Tim Minchin!

58. Dear Suzanne-
    On behalf of Abbey the Cardigan Welsh Corgi and me and everyone else here, keep us close, ok? Yes, cute does change one’s attitude for the better, and well, we’re all little weird here, so ya know, stay with the Cute, the Peeps, the whole crew of [Ed.'s], and we’ll help get you through this nastier of times.

Chemo is temporary, Cute is FOREVER!
    Sure, go ahead, make a shirt out of it, …

59. LeAnn (not LeAnna) says:

earlybird1, I always liked Little Bear. It was a cartoon on Nickelodeon too and my son watched it. Happy, loving stories.

Suzanne, all good wishes and blessings.

The Qte abides.

60. Okay, I thought I was all cried out from yesterday. But nope. But today’s tears are “wow I’m so blessed to “know” these people” instead of “this completely sucks” Thx!

61. Late to the party, but Suzanne – keep on keeping on. My mom just went through chemo last spring. It suuuuuuuuucks. Much love and healing thoughts and a nice warm blankie and lots of hugs to you.

62. I just read on IMDB that a new version of “Footloose” is in production.:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068242/ [Becauuuuuse... why? :? - Ed.]

No word yet on whether it’s going to feature an all-ursine cast.

Best wishes to you, Suzanne!

63. Suzanne-So, you might have some friends, yes, but do they write ridiculously silllly things that you can read over and over? You do?
    Oh, well then…

I will be praying for your well-being and for your mental stick-to-it-ivness, we are here, being whimsical and full of puns and “puuuurrrrpatrating” as many other terrible things as we can do to just about any language you can name, so like I said, we’ll ALL put the smart money on you. Try to have a restful night, my friend and fellow Peep.
    Talk to you tomorrow. K.

64. I haven’t commented in a ling time but just wanted to say:
    1) The bears are very cute.

2) Suzanne, I am sending lots of positvie thoughts and energy your way. Keep visitng CO…it really is good for the soul and that , in turn, is good for the body!
    We are all rooting for you!

65. puddlepuppers says:

Suzanne, thank you for being an inspiration and helping me face whatever I have
    to…Cute is good for the soul, and, sister, so are you. Prayers of a grateful heart
    and of healing energy are sent your way.

66. Queen of Dork says:

Suzanne: You have inspired me tonight! I was having trouble with my idiot computer with the windows opening up over and over again and causing havoc. I started to get frustrated and pissed about it but I thought about what you are going through and your great attitude about it and I thought, “this is not hard. I can deal with this when Suzanne is dealing with much more serious things than a bum computer.” I offer you my warmest hugs, fantastic wishes and sincerest of prayers. Thank you!! Stay strong, dear!

67. hi well i loved that pic it seems unusaul though i think they were out on a date all winter