Amazing Picture of the Day

This photo will force you to do two things, in this order:

1) Softly gasp and mutter “Awesome.”

2) Yawn.

All credit goes to photographer Shannon West and our ever-present sender-inner, Marilyn T.

Comments

1. earlybird1 says:

LOLOL! That IS awesome!!

2. Stunbunny says:

“I’d just as soon kiss a wookiee!”

[ :The Ford Finger of Pointing: "That can be arranged!" - Ed.]

3. I fought the yawn for about 30 seconds, but it was relentless and finally overtook me.

[I fought the yawn and the, yawn won - Ed.]

4. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Sitting here healing from knee surgery from yesterday, and this made me laugh out loud, very loud. Thanks for that. It got an impressed “oh WOW” from my hubby…

5. Trabb's Boy says:

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever for the win!!!!! And I din’t yawn. But I’m holding my mouf shut and typing with one ahnd.

6. What’s that she’s drinking, Hair of the Dog? ;-)

(Amazingly, I did not yawn. But that picture is awesome.)

7. now that is a yawn with some oomph behind it!

8. This picture caught me by susprise. For a moment there, it really lokked as though a man had a dog’s face.
    Amazing shot!

9. StormCat42 says:

*insert goggie treat here!*

10. The pooch to person positioning is perfect!

11. 260Oakely says:

The Mouth that Roared

12. awesome….. :-)

13. i tried to fight the yawn. I TRIED. I failed.

*yaaawn*

(    _\  )
                 o     Excuse me!!
      djt      `._.'

16. eastiegirl says:

Great photo!

17. i know that face

that’s the “did you brush your teeth?” face

18. *huh*- first I tought: “What? Another stupid werewolf thing?” but a second later… LOL!!!

19. well it’s first thing in the AM so I was yawning anyway but…not that awesomely!

20. totally yawned.

i’m a fool for the animal instincts.

21. I am woman, hear me roar!!

22. I find it amusing how dogs and cats seem to turn inside-out when they yawn.

23. What a hoot. I wonder, was it carefull positioning or a lucky accident. My cats do a lot of yawning at me so I fake yawn back. I don’t know what they are saying in Catish, other than
    “Where’s our bleedin food, you’ve been home for twenty seconds, and you haven’t served it yet”.

24. Pommie? Pommie yawns are wide-jawed and impressive. Even when puppies, their open mouths resemble crocodiles. Or a wide-mouth bass.

25. 1) done.
    2) done.

26. Either a lion or a Shetland Sheepdog.

Yawn.

27. Hellooooooooooooooooo

28. (cough) wiping my computer screen off ……me thinks the lady needs a shave! No seriously, this could one of those great sideshow attractions at the fair…..

“Step right up ladies and gentlemen, see the spectacular yawning lady of fluff-a-tude. The most amazing site to see as she yawns and drinks an entire bottle of water at the same time…. Step right up folks, only one dollar to observe such a unusual creature of our time…step right up……”

Too cute!

29. Great. Now me, the cats, and the rest of the household are in a yawn-fest!

30. TrixandSam says:

Can’t you just hear the pup-squeak that came out with that yawn?

31. victoreia says:

@HonGlad: Oh, good; I’m not the only one who gets in trouble for not magically making dinner appear as I walk in the door……

32. At first glance, I thought a dogs head had been ‘shopped onto a human body, made me do a double take, then I saw how it was…*yawn*

33. AuntieMame says:

@TrixandSam: That “squeenk” sound after a puppeh yawn makes me giggle every time!

34. lol good one. this has got me giggling.

35. SixFootJen says:

3) Laugh.

36. Now that’s a Photo Bomb for ya!!

I’d hate to see her when the moon is full.

37. catloveschanel says:

That’s why the lady is a ….. tramp …..!!!!

38. so cute, love the half human half dog thing lol, and i did the first but didnt yawn lol

39. I never comment, but I actually yawned and it made me smile.

40. hahaha :D That’s so cool ^^
    It also made me yawn!

41. I was yawning before I even read the caption. It was a good one too. Thanks Cute Overload!