This Just In: Seldom Seen Swine Behavior Caught on Camera!

It’s been rumored for years that such behavior exists, yet until now, nobody has been able to capture it. Well, thanks to National Geographic, we’re finally able to witness the pig equivalent to the fist-bump:

As always, thanks, Marilyn T.

Photo by Amanda Kopp.

Comments

1. High Snout Fist bump Snicker.

2. Also SNOOOOOOORF!

3. snot bump :B)

4. snout*** for the love of goodness SNOUT!!

[The other way's funnier. :lol: - Ed.]

5. MWUAH!

6. LOL @ Katiedid…
    both are fitting…

7. 260Oakley says:

Pen pals realize they have been paying through the nose for the swill served at this cafeteria.

8. So cuuuuuuuuuuute thats a huge beep lol

9. Eeeeeeeeewwwwww! Please tell me piglet is not sniffing for “truffles” to consume here. ;)

10. Oh, you gotta see the German Shepherd trying to take a bath! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbjYvVtt0Xo Talk about uncharacteristic.

11. bookmonstercats says:

Katiedid, you may well have been right the first time.

260Oakley, truly thou rockest.

12. georgina0912 says:

Awwwwwwww…is there anything more precious than an innocent bebeh anipal?

Nope, didn’t think so. And mom looks so proud :)

13. PIGGYSNORGLING!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14. Nosebody nose, nosebody nose, nosing your piglet, the faster he grows.

15. It barely looks real! Sooo cute! This kind of thing can never happen in the crates the sows are usually put in on big farms :(

16. I used to kiss my pigs on the snout, don’t tell ;)

17. This doesn’t qualify as interspecies-snorgling but how about intergenerations-snorgling?

18. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!

19. Romeo (aka big piggy): Have not saints snouts, and holy palmers too?
    Juliet (aka widdle piggy): Aye, pilgrim, snouts that they must use in prayer.

Romeo: Oh then, dear saints, then let snouts do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
    Juliet: Saints do not move, though grant for prayers sake.

Romeo: Then move not, while my prayer’s effect take. Thus from my snout, by yours, my sin is purged.
    Juliet: Then have my snout the sin that they have took.
    *smooch*
    /curtain
    applause applause

20. Oh yeah, apologies to Shakespeare.

[Your sincerity humbles me. - Ed.]

21. Chanpon:
    That’s from Hamlet, right?

22. resriechan says:

We here @ CO are indeed….a….creative & imaginative bunch o’ coconuts!!!!

(hoping that nobody minds the use of
    the term “coconuts”; it’s all in affection, promise!!)

23. resriechan says:

260 Oakley: WERE YOU BORN telling puns, to yer mudder, in the OR????????

24. Da widdle piggeh is just too much for me!!! I. am. ded. *thud*

25. Adorable, smiling peegs–the best way to begin a Tuesday morning!

26. I suppose a COXCU is out of the question… yeah, it might do some of us in…

[MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAoink. :twisted: - Ed.]

27. And I thought for a plug with holes you needed a connector with pins?

28. LOL @ Oakley! And katydid! :lol:

Hope neither of them sneezes! ;-)

Methinks 260Oakley was born in Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon!

29. *stands up*
    Coconut!
    And proud of it!
    *winks at resriechan* :-D

30. *Oink*Oink*Snorgle*Snorgle*

31. resriechan says:

(winks joyfully back @ Lerrinus)

32. They’re just like the Siamese Elephants!!!

@chanpon

I totally heard that in Kermit and Miss Piggy’s voices.

33. smooooerch! I wanna give this piggy a snout kiss too! piglet stance + cute snouzzle smoosh = irresistibles!!

34. Miaoosers says:

eskimo kiss! ^-^

ti-hi

35. I love the way the piglet is sitting. He looks so human.

36. piggeh snorgles, now I’ve seen everything!

37. 260Oakley says:

@Lerrinus
    I don’t think I was actually born in Callahan’s, but if a pun will get me an Irish whiskey, I definitely want to visit. ;)

38. Wasn’t Charlotte the spider? Maybe I’m mistaken…

39. Most urban folks don’t know how velvety a bebeh pig’s schnozzle is, but it is AWESOMELY soft and surprisingly prosh.

40. Thank you, I’m correct-this is just toooooooooooo mosche…………..
    ack! Phwump!

41. TrixandSam says:

Yes, TOOM, Charlotte is the spider (who wrote the messages in the web that saved the pig…). Baby peeglet is telling his mamma about it.

This makes me think of that post a couple of months ago of the leetle peeglet being placed in a bucket of warm water. All that squeeing and struggling magically shutting off the second he figures out it’s the good life.

42. If that’s not enough to turn somebody vegetarian, nothing is!

43. Such snorgling, the likes of which I have ne’er see’d!!!

44. Queen of Dork says:

chanpon #19: That. was. freakin’ AWESOME!!!! :) :)

45. baileysgrandmom says:

Nose-body noes the trubble I’ve been; nose-body noes teh sorrow…

46. HONK!

47. Fake Bacon never tasted so good.

48. Whoa, that is one seriously obscure Eurythmics reference, Prongs.

49. Piggie Eskimo kiss!!!

50. BEEPKISSES

51. LeAnn (not LeAnna) says:

Shnorf!!

And T.U.M., that’s the greatest Carol Burnett clip of all time, IMO.

52. We’ve all been staring at the schnouts, but what about the baby peeg’s butTOCKS?

Lookit em!!

53. Queen of Dork says:

T.U.M.: Excellent Carol Burnett Show crack up footage! I was cracking up all over again watching that! :)

54. American Weekends says:

I used to work on an animal sanctuary and I discovered that this is how baby peegees talk to their mama’s! I’ve seen it a hundred times. They walk right up and initiate a series of grunts, squeaks, and *snorfs* into her mouth. It’s freaking adorable.

55. iirightii says:

Doubleplus Nose Beep…

This might be the best mixed metaphor caption EVER. Way to go. [Thank yous. :) - Ed.]

You’d think that it wouldn’t have a Snowball’s chance to pull it off, but please don’t end up with a Napolean complex.

56. that is gross you can see snot a string of snot eww and pigs