Pull up the La-Z-Boy and grab your popcorn

Because Shiba Inu puppehs are BACK!

This time, it’s a new litter, same Mommoi, but five pups. Born last Friday to Mom puppeh “Kika” it’s just about the best thing to happen so far this year.

Click here to go watch!

Live TV : Ustream

Comments

1. Oh come on, it’s not like it’s Butterstick, or those cute lion cubs or any of those exotic zoo babies. You people have nothing better to do than to watch some domestic fur covered socks on the other side of the wor–

Oh look! they’re nursing! Oh, momma’s cleaning ‘em! Oh, they’re wiggling!

*nevermind*

2. Hah! I just dashed over here to send you this an BAM here it was! :-D You’re to quick for me Meg

3. I am so ridiculously happy right now.

4. Yippee! I was wondering when Kika would have another litter. I’m so happy you shared this with us, Meg! :)

5. YaY!

6. This is bliss.

7. Oh yay! I loved the puppy cam, so happy to have it back.

8. ysubassoon says:

This is one way that the internets are making economic forecasting easier. Thanks to this Puppeh Cam, economists can now predict the exact day, nay, the minute, that global productivity comes to a halt, to be followed closely thereafter by billions of voices in hundreds of languages saying in unison, “AWW PUPPEH!”

9. Where IS this?? Which country, state, whatever? Adorable tho. :-D

10. GAAAAAAAAH!!! *dies from the uber cuteness*

11. kibblenibble says:

Brenda, I think they’re in San Francisco, California USA. (Very close to me! SQUEEEE!) Kika is a great mama. The pups are still just roly-poly helpless things. Bliss!

12. NO!

NO NO NO!

I – REFUSE – to do this again! to sit here and watch these damn dogs, checking the site several times a day to see what they’re doing, have it streaming at work, minimized in a small screen in the corner of my monitor, and coo-ing like an idiot when something cute happens!

omg look at them all huddled together and squirming in a tight little mass…

dammit!

13. AWwwwwwwww one puuppeh sleeping, 4 nursing…

*die*

14. resriechan says:

(Could we just re-title this item
    “Puppy cuteness & human denial”????)

Signed,
    “All together, now,

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!”

15. Kibblenibble,

Then we’re neighbors. I’m in the SF bay area. :-)

16. Snow pups, foxy pups
    Astir like cream in coffee:
    Brownian motion

Shiba Inu Kika haiku throwdown! 5/7/5 avec seasonal reference AND stochastic particle theory, beeyatches!

West Syeed!

17. Mrs. McGinty says:

Oooooh, quick, Mama got up and walked away for a sec! Let’s grab ‘em, one under each arm, come on, hurry, they can’t walk yet, it’s not like they can run away from us or anything!

*lookit, they’re all squirmy and everything, looking for Mama, curling into each other for warmth*
    *melts into pool of awwwww*
    *forgets to grab ‘n run*

18. OMG There are two white ones!!!

19. ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod
    ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod
    ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

….. *SPLORT*

20. @dub1: *hands you a beeeeeellion internets and dies laughing*

21. The twitching! Sleepy twitching!!!

22. katfighter says:

You guys, make sure your sound is up. They sometimes makes killer qte squeaky puppy noises.

I’m not going to get any work done for the next 8 weeks.

23. certified cutologist says:

I wish I lived in a world where this was on television instead of Jersey Shore…

24. They’re all adorably sorted by colour at the moment, and mama’s got a protective paw over one of the little white-furred boy pups. I think I may die of adorable. Not a bad way to go.

25. catloveschanel says:

OMG! I had to go to a 12 step program when they went off the air! They are off-air right now… I am so let down… Are you just pulling my leg

26. They are way too cute!

27. Not a lot of action when I have looked.

28. 12-step program? looks like a 20-step program to me.. (5 puppies x 4 feets)

29. OK, I’m in-no self control here…

30. Von Zeppelin says:

Since it’s 4 AM Pacific time when I went to look, there is no live puppycam action. Thus, I was not swept into the vortex of cuteness. Now I’ll have to resist the temptation to check in while I’m at work. I have a few things I need to get done today. . .

31. I fear an economic slow-down as thousands of otherwise hard-working staffers across the globe tune into the puppy cam from their offices……

32. Totally not a nuffer, but just wondering when her last litter was? I don’t want the adorable mama to get so tired continuing to be an adorable mama over and over without a rest… I love puppy cams!

33. Seems to be off the air now.

34. Watched them yesterday, and they are adorable. Love the creamy ones!

35. @Irm: fear not the last litter was aaaaaaaaaaaages ago. You can see one of the grown up ones (Ayumi) on the videos.

I thought I was spoilt with Pandacam but now I’m going to have to split my attentions.
    Hooray for the return of Puppycam!

36. Can’t…get…link…to work*… GAH! Somebody fix the link! Fix the link FIX THE LINK!!!!!!!!.*hyperventilates*

37. certified cutologist, there was an episode of “This American Life” where a guy did pitch a puppy channel to the networks. it would have been an entire channel devoted to nothing but puppies/cute things and there would be no human voice or music of any kind. the network execs didn’t go for it.

[Except, there's this thing called The Internet now... ;) - Ed.]

38. Welp, now I won’t be getting anything done at work this afternoon.

Irm: Her last litter was born in Oct. 2008, so it’s been just over a year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiba_Inu_Puppy_Cam

39. Where are they? EXCITEMENT RISING

40. OMG! Nursing puppies GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *splode*

41. BEST DAY EVAR

42. There’s a little white one!!! *dies*

43. Two white ones! *dies again*

44. Awww… one just stole a nipple from another puppy. There are enough for all of you!

45. Put down the Xanax. Go watch the puppies. Sigh. *shoulders descend from up beside ears, down to where shoulders belong*

46. catloveschanel says:

@Amy ok, 20 steps, it is but I musta just relapsed because I looked at them the first thing when I got up… before coffee even. New obsession… but I have to go to George Clinton tonight, so I will break for that.

47. GingerBean says:

OMGPUPPIES!!!1!!

Oh this so made my day, which was really sucking. Thank you CuteOverload and Kika!

48. Teeny Gozer says:

What a good mama she is!

49. Sure they look harmless now, but Shiba Inu can be pretty mean. :/

[Well so can chihuahuas, and dachshunds, and bichons frise, and my freaky old cat Zeitgeist (RIP), and pretty much any animal. We are what we are. - Ed.]

50. Nothing against posting about them. I have just had bad experiences (I was petting my neighbor’s Shiba and it bit me in the face and hand), and I figure some reality was necessary for people who thought of snuggling these. ;;

51. Love the pups! But really wish that sometime you’d also feature another Ustream cam — the Bad Manors Squirrel Diner. Squirrels are cute too! And there will be babies soon!

52. the white ones look like baby polar bears right now LOL

53. catloveschanel says:

squeaking!

54. I love shibas!! I want one!

55. spongebrooke says:

oh dear, i have shamu cam AND puppy cam running at work now….
    *runs to get popcorn & hot cocoa*
    fyi: running the microwave constitutes as being productive now ;)

56. the mommy is so gorgeous.

57. O.K, Here’s the rule for this new set of puppies: I must be consulted on all puppy related activities. I have already watched this new set of pups enough that I have bonded to ALL of them and now consider myself a surrogate mother to all of them (mom included). So of course it is only natural and right that I have a say in what happens to them.

58. catloveschanel says:

@sponbebrooke lifts head from puppycam . . . what’s a shamucam

59. Miaoosers says:

Boy, motherhood looks exhausting! I’m pooped just by watching mamma take care of her cute litter. I heard breastfeeding is pretty much like jogging 10 miles. Is that true?

Those are the cutest doggie-poos ^-^

60. Ooooo, one of the babies just now got stuck behind Mom’s shoulder, and Big Friendly Hands came in and extricated him, gently put him back on Mom’s belleh. Took the opportunity for an extra skritch on the other Bebehs too. Mom had no problem with it … she’s a GOOD Mom!

61. Von Zeppelin says:

What a good, kind, patient mom-dog. She seems not to mind just lying there until the whole litter has all they want.

In the long-ago days when she was nursing our twins, I recall the Countess Von Zeppelin observing that she sometime felt like a cross between a cow and KC-135 (Air Force aerial refueling tanker). I did my best to be as sympathetic as possible and to my share of parenting duties, but I wasn’t able honestly to say “I know how you feel.”

62. Queen of Dork says:

Miaoosers: Nursing made me feel like I just drank an entire bottle of Nyquil. Sooooooooooooooooooo sleeeeeeepppyyyyy…….(zzzzzz).

63. Biscuit Tin says:

The smallest white one would rather sleep than eat. It’s going to stay smallest, at this rate. Eat, baby!

64. Biscuit Tin says:

To Momoi doggy: Hey! Stop moving your puppies around ‘n stuff! I have things to do! Release me! =)

65. They are cute though says:

Spay and neuter your pets!

66. I agree. Please spay and neuter. No need to air horrific statistics.

67. kibblenibble says:

So hypnotic. Everybody’s sleeping, including the sweet mama…except for one nursing white pup with a pink nosie. So soothing to watch. ♥

68. The pups are indeed cute. Can’t wait to see them once their eyes and ears open and they really start moving around!

69. Daphne Moss says:

Best thing on the Internet…
    Thank you, mamma and pappa SF!

70. Julia (the one in BC) says:

The streaming video isn’t coming up for me at all… even though it says Live Broadcast started 46 minutes ago. I tried clicking Pop Out, in case giving the feed its own window would work. The window stays black. At the bottom of the window it briefly reads “Transferring data from ustream.tv” and then “Done”. But – no picture, just a black screen.

Is there some trick to this that I’m missing? I want to see the pups too! {cries}

Help help!

71. EFF YES! (fistpumps)

72. catloveschanel says:

Maybe you should clear your cache Julia, shut down your browser and try again. That is indeed terrible to not view puppehs.

It looks like they are in a rowboat.

73. It is so sad that they have bred this dog for the second time this year. Spay and neuter!

74. Incredible news! Thank you, universe….

75. catloveschanel says:

Excuse me, this item needs to be moved to the masthead asap.

76. Aww! The daddy human is petting the babies…. So cute!

77. Rita, if you had read Mary’s post on the 18th you would have seen a link to where she notes that the first litter was born in October of 2008. Not sure how you got two litters in one year out of that.