Daily Af-fur-mation

I am a good kitten. I am fun to be with. I am the master of my box addiction. I will show that ball of string who’s boss around here. I am not going to pay a lot for this muffler. I am the Eggman; they are the Eggmen; I am the Walrus, goo goo ga joob. Because I’m good enough, I’m cute enough, and catgone it, people like me.”

We celebrate your supportive sender-innering contributiveness, Mileni D. Photo by Alec D.

Comments

1. BeckyMonster says:

I WILL be the next Governor of Minnesota…

2. Shouldn’t that be Daily Af-fur-mation?

[Gosh darn it, you're right! Title updated. -- Mike]

3. BeckyMonster says:

Catgone it – AHHHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

4. Yes, kitty, you are beautiful……

5. Hooonnnnnnn cute!!

6. segment by segment, that kitty is paving her toward the life of her dreams! Abraham would be proud!

7. Beautiful shot.

8. Yes you ARE a good kitten. Now come over here and I will give you lots of positive affirmation in the form of cuddles.

9. NTMTOM you’ve done it again. Al Franken, I mean Stuart Smalley, would be proud.

10. Stuart Smalley kitteh says “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and gosh darn it, cats like me”.

11. You know… I must be real tired.
    I completely stopped reading after “I am not going to pay…”
    I didn’t realize that Stuart had been quoted already. :(
    *shuffles back to bed*

12. I just love you, NTMTOM.

13. Queen of Dork says:

goo-goo-ga-joob! NTMTOM, you crack me up! (I am the walrus)

14. HAr de HAr NOMTOM… I am the eggman Still cracking up! HEheheheh

Beautiful photo too!

15. Q of D I think we are at a jinx sort of

16. adorabulls….

17. TINY TABBY! │ !YBBAT YNIT

[.bƎ - :lol: - Ed.]

18. I like you kitty!!!

19. Queen of Dork says:

KittyAdventures: Jinx! (buy me a Coke!)

20. HEre is your Coke Q of D… Check you CD/DVD Drive! LOL

21. Von Zeppelin says:

Melvin and Z at M, Stuart Smalley would tell you to look at the good qualities you have. Doggone it, people like you! Now get out of bed, leave those Fig Newtons behind, and face the world, Tiger.

22. Trabb's Boy says:

That’s wild to see. My cats have never been willing to look at themselves in the mirror. They’ll twist their heads or avert their eyes no matter how much I try to force them (not that I try very hard — I’m being a scientist, not a jerk). They don’t refuse to look at the television, or photographs. And they don’t refuse to look at me in the mirror. I think that they’re smart enough to have some inkling that it is them, and they are utterly unable to cope with that. Man, cats are cool!

23. Longtime lurker here, just had to de-lurk for a moment, because NTMTOM, silly as it is, you touched my heartstrings with this one. Had a crappy day today, and just before checking this site, I repeated this exact same mantra to myself to pep me up.

…well, maybe not *exactly* the same mantra. I might have omitted a few eggmen. Anyhow, this was exactly what I needed today.

24. AWW :D I would just LOVE to CUDDLE and SNORGLE that kitty :D

25. Great photo, great caption! Makes dealing with this stomach bug just a little bit better…

From here on out, I am adopting “catgone it!” as my swear stand-in of choice.

26. My preciousssssss….

27. “I feel kitty, oh so kitty. I feel kitty and witty and bright. And I pity, any kitty who isn’t me tonight.”

28. very cute, J “pity any kitty who eezn’t mee toniiiiight” :lol: catchy!

29. No. You. Didn’t.

“Af-fur-mations? I am the Walus?” ROTFL!

30. My dear departed Steve used to love to play with the kitty in the full-length mirror. She’d stand up on her hind legs and scratchscratchscratchscratchscratch with her front paws on the glass.

31. That is one adorable kitty! It’s always the pretty ones who have low self esteem!!

32. T.U.M.: I love that your Dearly Departed Steve is a girl. :D

33. MyCatIsABrat says:

T.U.M. – my Cricket does the exact same thing! Normally at 6:30 on Saturday mornings when she feels I haven’t been quick enough to bring Her Royal Highness her breakfast. Plus, since the mirror is leaning against the wall, I get the extra perk of BANGBANGBANG in addition to SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCH. Argh. *stuffs head under pillow*

34. I tried to read this post backwards and it said “Paul is dead”
    Whaaa?!

35. @mie
    Sending virtual hugs and kittens your way.

36. shahinrani says:

Lookit its tiny mouf!

37. Two comments to make folks:
    1. Sqweeeee!
    2. The Shiba Inu pups are back!! – here is the link I hope it works

38. fish eye no miko says:

Good heavens, that’s a really beautiful cat!

39. Best pic evar!

40. With all due respect to NTMTOM and Ranylt, slipping “fur” in as a replacement of similar syllables in words is not necessarily a habit one wants to get into. It might have certain unsavory associations with… certain other subcultures.

I hope this kitten gains all the self-confidence s/he needs. If s/he continues following in Al Franken’s footsteps and runs for the Senate, I’d vote for him in a snap, assuming I lived in state.

41. needapuppy says:

Whoever set up this shot is a lighting genius — congrats on a beautiful photo!

42. Looks like Glamour Shots for kittehs!

43. oh mirror, my dear mirror, who is the most beautiful kitteh in the entire kittdom ?

44. Queen of Dork says:

JME: huh?

(subcultures)?

*crickets chirping*

45. I AM going to find a cure for can- hey, is that tuna?

46. You are very cute. Nice to meet you. I was blog surfing and came upon yours. I am Harry Spotter and I hope we can be friends.

47. Safron – Lol!! Like that one.

48. QofD, let’s not find out.

Keep the child-safeties on the google-search folks.

49. I love you all! What wonderful silliness!

50. One of the BEST captions I’ve ever read on here!

51. victoreia says:

@Saffron: *snerk*

But is the kitteh the Tax-Man?

52. That’s super cute and made me squee and all that, but I just have to say… Isn’t it ‘coo-coo-ka-choo’?

53. I have never been able to successfully send an image or a video to CU, but someone posted this link on a message bard I frequently visit–it’s of a very cute, curious kitteh who seems to be fascinated by his ability to make bizarre noises by messing with something:

54. Kitty wonders “mirror mirror on the wall. who’s the fairest of them all??”

55. Mirror mirror on its stand, who’s the fairest in the land.

56. @Fluffy: Thanks! <3

57. catloveschanel says:

The song’s opening line, “I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together” is based on the song “Marching To Pretoria,” which contains the lyric, “I’m with you and you’re with me and we are all together.”

58. Oh, the translucent ears!

59. catloveschanel- I have that record in the original Serbian, a hoot at parties.

60. @ElleJae

Steve was a stray, and before I ever got close enough to see her nethers I started calling her Steve. By the time she was comfortable enough with us that I could look, the name had already stuck. Her file at the vet’s office said, “Stephanie,” but at home she was just Steve.

61. Mousewife says:

Goo goo ga joob.

Thanks a lot, now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head all day. ;)

62. @tblue: I think that’s a theremin. I’ve never thought to try one out with a cat, but I can see how it would be absolutely fascinating to them.

Here’s more on theremins:

63. catloveschanel says:

@Katrina, what a hoot!

64. best post of 2010 so far

65. Sorry for the obscure quip. Basically, in “furry fandom,” the syllable “fur” is often used to replace similar syllables. (e.g., “confurence”). That’s all I’m going to say for now; Wikipedia or Google for more if you want, but this stuff isn’t necessarily for the faint of heart.

66. Wow. So beautiful – kitteh should not need af-fur-mations. But “goo goog ga joob”??? I always thought it was “coo coo ca choo”. Hmmmm. Must listen to Beatles again.

I have a full length mirror on a door, and my crazy cat likes to frantically scritch at it from time to time, like he’s tryin to get IN there…

67. Are you talking to me?

68. Mew Mew Mew I has cute says:

OMG I cracked up at the beatles song xD ykwim

69. resriechan says:

@ zackcat:

Wasn’t that, “are yew TAW-kin’ tuh me?” ??? ;)

70. Kirsten D. says:

Goo goo ga joob! <3

That one part killed me. Oh lawdy. Cute Overload, you never fail to cheer me up!

71. T.U.M., my best friend in high school had an elderly female brindle tabby…named Jonathan. :)

72. You can tell this kitten is really checking out his reflection. I don’t know how a person could look at this and think anything other than, the cat is actually thinking about something right now. An expression with intelligence.

73. I’m the photographer of the photo. I’m glad everyone likes it and the daily a-fur-mation at the top is very clever.

[Cool! I just fixed the broken link, by the way. - Ed.]