A Pinch of Chinch!

Cute Overload is brought to you by the makers of Chinch!™ And now, here are the Chinch-ettes to sing the Chinch jingle! Take it away, ladies!

♫ Want prosher pancakes? The secret’s a cinch!
♫ Make your batter better with a pinch of Chinch!

♫ Kids won’t eat their broccoli and spin’ch?
♫ Give va-VOOM to veggies with a pinch of Chinch!

Photo by Brittany F., who adds “Baby chinchilla is nameless as of yet. Will keep CO updated ;) He will probably have a Russian name like his Mom and Pop, Sonya and Rodya, respectively. He was born at Noon on October December 8, 2009.”

Comments

1. Can you imagine how soft that fur is?… Ahhhnn :)

2. BEEP

3. Oh. I WANT!!!!!! My Schipperke puppy would love her!

4. …whoops….. I mean love “him”.

5. Precious!

6. “spin’ch” hahahahahaahhaa
    teeney feetsies!
    how cute!

7. I need to buy some of those ingredients for my next batch of chocolate chip cookies. Do you think they have Chinch at my local Whole Foods? (BTW, NTMTOM, you are a sick and twisted individual. And it consistently makes my day.)

8. This is one little animal I’d like to kiss on the lips.

9. Definitely a morsel.

10. chinchillas are so silly! tehehe.

11. 260Oakley says:

Add chinchili peppers for extra heat

12. Awwwwwww! What about the name “Noona”?

13. Oh darling! I want one….wish they stayed that tiny and prosh. I’d just rub my cheek over that little forehead all day. Ahhhn.

14. I am totally cuted out!!! Waaaay too adorable.

15. OMG, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chinchilla.

Cute baby!

~Dan

16. It’s so teeny tiny!!!!! Yes…. yes I would like a half a cup of adorable pls.

17. It’s amazing how satisfying just 1/2 a cup is. I want to roll him around in my moufs!

Spin’ch? :D

18. Cuteful, cuteful baby!
    I want ten!

19. Resriechan says:

NTM — “A Pinch of Cinch”?????

guy, ya remind me of Darren Stevens on “Bewitched” !! How many argyle cardigan sweateuws do you have, in your closet???
    :) ;)

20. Oh, oh! It reminds me of those old commercials (Skoal chewing tobacco?)… “just a pinch between your cheek and gum.” :)

21. why no C.O.X.C.O. of the feeties?

22. and the muzzlepouch??

23. @Rachael Wouldn’t that be “just a chinch between your cheek and gum.”

Quite the nommable leetle one

24. What precision we will need to find the axis of snorgling….I’ll try! He is all growed up by now-I wonder what his name is? “Cuteska”?

25. I dunno he looks like a Vladimir to me…

26. Oh, the whiskiest of whiskers!

27. Chins are especially in desserts. Try some sprinkled on top of your favorite cereal too, for a morning pick-me-up. Paired with a cup of baby guinea peeg, you’re on a great start to your day!

28. And the missing adjective in my previous post was ‘delicious’. Thanks for playing “What’s that Adjective?” and tune in next week, where we’ll also try to find Waldo!

29. A Chinch should wear Chintz, those floral patterns would go a treat with the grey fur.
    Evgeny meaning well born, would be a good name.

30. Makes me think of the old Special K “Can you pinch an inch?” ads.

31. Mamamclain says:

Awww, the most adorubles baby chinch I’ve seen. I know a few Russian names, I think either Pietro or Vladimir Vodka-ski Aleksie Gregori Igor Borislav would work in a pinch for your chinch.

32. Resriechan says:

@ HonGlad: VERY nice (“Chinch”/ “chintz”!!!)

I’m a vocab geek (PROUD of it, why do you ask?) and I didn’t see that one…perhaps you’ll be competing with 260Oakley in the Puns Wonderfulness today?

33. Not Chinch…

CHEECH.

34. @Leilani, those are some teeny leeps!

35. aaahhh! Whiskers….itty bitty tootsies….little ears……

*is ded*

36. Neighbor One:
    Neighbor Two: Um… Hi.
    Neighbor One: I’m sorry to bother you, but could I borrow a half cup of chinch? I’ve run out and won’t be able to get to the store til Friday…

37. Chinchillas + Dostoevsky = Win!

38. Of course, maybe someone could think of an appropriate Russian name…

Maybe something that means ‘small’, or ‘little’.

Hmmmmmm…

39. I have no idea what you gyus are finfing so cute, it’s a rat with good PR and a fur coat.

So what if it has little tootsies, tiny whiskers and litlle itsy bitsy fluffy earsy and…AHHHH ded from cute.

40. Now, that’s way tooooo cute!

41. charliewabba says:

and do I sense just the least little bit of disapproval in that pinch of chinch?

42. A dash of chin-chilli will normally do! A whole 1/2 cup is quite the overload.

I love the chinchilla love recently – keep ‘em coming! <3

43. Aww, we share the same birthday! except I was born about a quarter century earlier ;)

44. You should name him ” pepper ” because he adds spice to our lives!

45. how about for a name:
    Afternoon D’light

46. Give ‘em a chinch, they’ll make a smile.

47. LOL, skippymom! :)

48. If it was Christmas time you could name him Chinch the Grinch!

49. Yay! More chinchillas!

What an adorable baby! They’re so cute when they’re little.

Actually, come to think of it, they’re pretty darned cute when they grow up, too. <3

I think I need a pinch of Chinch in my coffee cup this morning, it's been a long day already.

50. AuntieMame says:

I don’t think a pinch of chinch is gonna make spinch palatable to me. A bucket of chinch wouldn’t be enough. But then, I really loathe spinch.

But sprinkled on a cupcake, this lil feller would be just scrumptious.

How about Sergei or Alexei?

51. AuntieMame, I’ll have your serving of spinch. I love it, with or without chinch.

52. @charliewabba Chinchies do disapproval well. I’m not surprised little half-cup there is getting in practice early.

Awwwwww! I want to snorgle heem! Chinch is so SOFT!!

53. He’s too cute to care.

54. SQUEEHEHEHEHEHE CHINCHY IS SO CYOOOOOTZ

55. @Yethica and NTMTOM: AMEN!! I’ve been wanting to express my appreciation for NTMTOM’s exceptional and hysterical genius for ages but couldn’t word it well enough!! Thanks! to both!! “hugs”

56. I’ve been searching Behind the Name for an appropriate Russian name for this little guy, but no luck so far.

I’ve never seen such a disapproving half cup of anything! Watch out, buns!

….oooohhhh, buns sprinkled with a pinch of chinch. That sound delish…

57. Von Zeppelin says:

Russian name? I vote for “Sviatoslav III Vsevolodovich of Kiev.” He should have it engraved on a really teeny tag and wear it on his collar.

58. Resriechan says:

VZ is actually a marketing rep. for Engravers R Us !!!!!!

(how much/ commish. do ya get, if they go for it, VZ/???)

(giggle)

59. Who needs a spoonful of sugar when you’ve got a half-cup of cute bebeh Chinchilla?

60. @T.U.M. – well, can you pinch a Chinch? :D

61. Brittany F says:

Yo, this is dat baby chinch’s owner…I’m so glad he’s finally made it on the site ^__^. Unfortunately, I made a typo when I sent that email:: He was born DECEMBER 8, 2009. (Cue FAIL stamp on my forehead)
    @Smooph YES! Someone got his parents’ names reference! I call Rodya ‘Raskol’ (Rascal) sometimes…it fits him.
    I had named le baby Ivan, it really seemed to fit him, but he actually got sick on New Year’s Eve–not sure what happened, but he ended up paralysed below the shoulders! ;_; The vet didn’t really know what to do, so I took him with me everywhere for a week and had-fed him, and…miraculously, he recovered!! He’s COMPLETELY better. 110%!! So now he is Ivan with the nickname Rasputin, cause we all know how hard it was to kill that dude…don’t we?

62. Brittany F says:

**and I hand-fed him

63. Well, it’s not Russian, but how about “Chinchilla the Hun”?

64. CO I have had a bad day today… *holds up measuring cup* Please CO can I have Som’ore?? *puppydog eyes*

65. December 8th? That’s my birfday, and I’m Russian. Wow. I was going to suggest calling him Teeny Ivan, and now I learn his name IS Ivan. It’s COSMIC. Cute little Ivan! Ya tebya lyublyu!

66. Brittany F says:

@MamaLana That IS crazy and cosmic! (And this time I’m sure about the birthday, haha ;])

67. Ivanovich Rasputin…this little guy as a lot to live up to!

68. Brittany F – what an awesome story! and bless you for all the love and care you gave little Ivan while he was sick! I’m sure he will give you many years of love back. And I’m also sure there is now a special spot in heaven reserved for you!

69. Von Zeppelin says:

Brittany F, now that we know his name, I can see a little of the supposed hypnotic stare of Rasputin in the little guy’s eye. Keep him away from the Tsarina!

70. well, I just read a brief history of Rasputin… yikes… this site is SO educational!

71. Brittany F says:

LMAO @Von Zeppelin …I’ll do my best, but that stare is just so-O.o ~those whiskers~ *zombiestare* hahaha…

72. The best things about chins is that they do stay that cute no matter how old they get. Mine is over seven years old and looks just like the picture, only bigger. The person who had mine before me called him Chil Pepper because he ‘spiced’ up her life. She had to get rid of him due to allergies. He is very well loved and adored at my house. And, yes, their fur is super soft.

73. Is there a rule about the length of whiskers being longer than your body?

[Interesting... :| - Ed.]

74. BeckyMonster says:

Call him Ras-cutin!!!!!!!

75. I want to monche that cute little ball of amazing before I esplode!!!

76. Oh, Ivan, I’m so happy to hear that you are 110%.

Nasdtrovya!

Best wishes for no more chinch drama, Brittany F.! Tell us, did you wear him inside your blouse? I know that is an awfully personal question, but we are are itching to know… Thank you for replying. K.

77. LovesDogs says:

I want to nom the chinchette. **NOMNOMNOM***

78. Born on my birthday! Must have him…i promise to only soft kronche him daily.

79. He should be named Denis. That’s the name of a Russian born classmate of mine. =D

80. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I would name him Godzilla the Chinchilla. Roar!

81. OMGWTFBabyChinchillaBBQ!1!!

82. Beware the addictive nature of Chinch! Oh sure, it starts with a pinch here, a dash there… and next thing you know you’re snorting quarts of the stuff just to haul yourself out of bed!

Yes, I have an addiction. No it’s not a problem. No I’m not getting help for it!

83. That is so cute! I wish we had those in Australia!

84. Too precious for words!

85. Peanut's Mama says:

OMG I have never seen a baby chinch!!! I dikdnt think there could be anything cuter than a full grown chinch, then ~*BAMMMM~* you toss this at me!

Brit AKA Ivan’s mamma—I am SO glad to hear he is all better. You make sure to give his LOTs of SQUEEEEEEESHES from me, ok???

86. Perhaps he’s a little Razumikhin? Can’t remember what the diminutive of that is…

87. AWW :D I am so glad to hear that your little chinch, Ivanovich Rasputin, is ok, Brittany F :D Give him plenty of snorgling :D

88. Queen of Dork says:

Sweet! I shall try a pinch of Chinch the next time I make spinch quiche!

89. I want to know how one makes the little musical notes!

90. Queen of Dork says:

Dash: As one who frequently bursts into song for no apparent reason…ME TOO!!

91. Erm, you are supposed to measure by weight, not volume.
    Seriously. You are messing it up.

92. Queen of Dork: I too burst into song frequently for no apparent reason! Alas, unlike Snow White, no little birds alight on my fingers or do my laundry for me when I sing. My dogs howl along, though! That’s good . . . uh, right??

So Theo, would you please share the secret of the magical musical notes?

93. Let it go, Patito… let it go.

94. By the way… do you measure Gigante by wight or volume? How ’bout Patito?

Just wonderin……… ;)

95. kibblenibble says:

♪ Dash, try holding your “alt” button down while typing the number 13 with the number keys on the far right of your keyboard. ♪

96. Brittany F says:

@Katrina Haha, yes, actually, I kept him in my bra. He was like “eh basically the same thing as mom and dad” and fell asleep. SO CUTE. Was going to take a pic to start a chins-n-racks phase, but I ended up being more worried about Ivan than pics for CO. Understandable, I know ;)
    @Hear Mum Roar ohh hey I never thought about that. They’re super sensitive, come from the Andes originally, when the guy who brought them from Chile in the 1950’s was bringing them back to the US, he took an entire year to go down the mountains slowly so they wouldn’t die of shock. Can’t imagine how long it took him to get back to Texas!! I wish you could know the joy that is chinchilla owning.
    @Peanut’s Mom @Teresa Snorgles = success. Ivan says “eepeep peep eep” (They make the cutest noises ever, you want to cry when you hear them)

97. Brittany F says:

@Dash , anyone else who wants to use music notes;
    ALT + 269 on the number pad = ♪
    ALT + 270 on the number pad = ♫

98. Holy. Freakin’. Cute.

And I vote for a MANLY Russian name in complete juxtaposition to his widdle bitty cuteness. Mikhail or VLADIMIR!

99. victoreia says:

Drat! That don’t work without a numeric keypad, kibblenibble! :(

100. Brittany F says:

@victoreia I assume you’re on a laptop. “You will be required to hold down the blue function (fnc) key in order to active the number pad as highlighted on several keys” they’ll be letters

101. All day long it’s been “pinch of chinch” snort, chuckle, then eyes gaze heavenwards in awe of the genius of it all. And who said to call him Ras-Cutin? That’s hilarious!

102. You should call him Noonie.

103. My Chinchilla’s name is Raskolnikov…he approves of this thread and of your naming scheme. :-)

104. spb, the Gigante is calculated by moustache. To determine Patito, one must squeak in the bathtub.

105. Couldn’t be any other way, Brittany F.! Thanks so much for the info and for the reply itself! Give our little friend a *mwah* for me!

106. For me it’s Alt + 13 for ♪
    and Alt +14 for ♫
    How cool is that? :)

107. ♪♫♪♫LaLaLa!!!♪♫♪♫
    I’m singing!!! Thanks all for bringing musical notes into my life!! PS: It seems to work on my keyboard with either alt 13 &14 or alt 269 and 270!!! I wonder if it will work on my Mac at home??

108. OK Ivan and Ras-Cutin are both great!

109. anyone else having Cute withdrawals yet?
    I don’t want to be the first to complain…

110. @ceejoe, yeah, real bad. I didn’t want to say anything, either, but yeah. It’s good for us though–makes us tough. Right? Makes us force ourselves to focus on other things. (Makes us realize how narrow our lives are that we so desperately feel the need for a new cute post–speaking strictly for myself.)

111. resriechan says:

Skippymom — if something humorous might be of any assistance in the Qte WD;….since my dad was so accustomed to the fact that most of his children were boys….once he said to me (a gal, with …shall I say ….generous mammary glands……)….”This experience will put hair on your chest” !!! I said, “Thanks Dad I’m sure you meant well, but that wouldn’t be a positive accessory to my body parts”……

112. resriechan says:

(D’oh !!! — I orig. meant to address that to ceejoe; but I’m sure Sk’mom will have fun w/ it , as well…)

113. well, today i’m really needing some cute to distract me while i’m waiting for the vet to call… one of my babehs is having teeth pulled, and while i’m sure it’s pretty much routine for the vets, i worry…
    and OMG IT’S BEEN OVER 24 HOURS WITHOUT NEW CUTE!!!!!!11

114. ceejoe, all best wishes for your baby and the teeth. I’m sure he/she will be fine. Skippy will be 13 tomorrow, and they keep reminding me I need to make a dental appointment for him. I keep putting it off because I’m freaked out at the idea of him going under anesthesia at his age (plus he has asthma). So I hear you, and my thoughts are with you–and it looks like there’s a new post!

115. Thanks, skippymom, I really appreciate the thoughts. Sparky is only 4-1/2, so I just couldn’t believe it when they said he’ll probably have to have 3 or 4 teeth pulled! I have the best vet in the world, so I know he’ll be ok, but I still worry… It’s a mom’s duty! On another note, another of my babehs, Molly, who is about 9 and has asthma also (I thought I was the only person in the world who had a cat with asthma – who’s ever heard of that?!?), had a dental cleaning and several teeth pulled earlier this month, and she is doing great! Hopefully Skippy will do just as well! Thanks again!

116. @Laurie: Baby chinchilla bbq… LOL

117. ShelleyTambo says:

@ceejoe, my cat has SEVERE asthma (i.e., sometimes four or five attacks a day). How do you treat your cat? My vet wants mine off steroids because of the possibility of diabetes, but the Flovent inhaler is ~$200/month. So for now she’s on singulair and low-dose steroids with use of the albuterol inhaler when needed.

Kitty loves all of this, btw.

118. @ShelleyTambo – Molly’s asthma is not nearly that severe – she used to cough quite a bit, that was her only symptom. She is on 4 things. (1) She gets a 1/2 a tablet of prednisolone (steroid) every three days, which is a very low dose. (2) She’s also on aminophylline, (3) a fish oil capsule each day (a natural anti-inflammatory), and (4) Cysteplus (which I think is like a vitamin supplement). I don’t know if that’ll help you any, since it sounds like your cat has a worse case, but I’m sending you and your cat warm and healing thoughts!

119. Queen of Dork says:

Dash: Cool! I wanna try that.

120. Queen of Dork says:

Snapskidoodlehead. It doesn’t work. :( One of the things did however take me to some strange “feed page.” That was kinda neat! :)

121. Squee! I had a chinchilla named Ivan! He was gorgeous and perfect. Ivan is a very good name.

122. Cloud's Kim says:

I’ll take a pinch of that… matter fact, make that a pound.

Good luck on the name search! Mine is named The Regal King Fat Belly =)

123. Brittany F says:

@Daner ZOMGZicantbelievethereis anotherpersonintheworld withachinchillanamedraskolnikov!!! I call him Rodya or Raskol, as stated above…do you call your little man Raskolnikov every time? It’s a mouthful. (I really, really, really tried hard, but I can’t help it–that’s what she said. I know, I’m disappointed in me too. *sigh*)

@Zing thanks! So glad I found people who like Russian names ^___^ When I told my family what I named my little fur-family, and where the names came from, everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

But that is CLEARLY NOT TRUE NOW IS IT?! Hahahahahahahahha….forgive me, I’m running on 4 hours sleep. <..>

124. I love chinchillas they are so cute and furry. REALLY furry. My cousins have one. They used to be endangered because hunters wanted their soft fur.

Name (if it’s not too late): How about Pushkin?

125. This is too adorable i hope it stays that size forever:)

126. awwwwwwwwwwww i love chinchillas i have one they are the cutest pet and softest pet u could ever have hahahahahahahahahahahaaha

127. http://www.myspace.com/298303502 says:

If I could squeeze it without killing it i would.

128. Its really really really really really really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOOOOOOVE chinchillas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

129. its really really really really really really really really really really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutly LOOOOOOOOVE chinchillas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

130. O…M…G!!!! Looks just like my hammy!!!!!! Squee! ;)

131. Danielle Y. says:

I LOVE Chinchillas! Have a furbaby of my own- a mosaic boy named Scooter. He loves his raisins and hay and food.

So glad to see a chinchilla baby on CO, as it should be!

132. Brittany F says:

@Danielle Y, is your mosaic very clearly a mosaic, or no? I have a mosaic, Mork, whose only real ‘proof’ of mosaic-ness is a black band around his tail, and some silver tips on patches of the rest of his fur. Mork was the chinchilla in the fridge, a few weeks ago…lol. I have 2 standards (Ivan’s parents, Sonya and Rodya), my mosaic, Mork, and a black velvet, Orson. They’re all so sweet ^_^

133. *loves*

134. Definitely, definitely: Prince Myshkin.

135. uuoouu quee boonicc

unaa cucadaa*_______________*

136. animalz luver says:

aww! omg omg how so so so adorable! I WANT THT CHINCHIILA !! :))) its so so freaking cute!! o my gosh!

137. the Maestro says:

Ohmygawd ohmygawd ohmyGAWD. Baby chinchilla….SO….CUTE…..
    I cannot emphasize how happy this picture makes me.

138. awwwwwwwwwww Ive never seen a baby one before i wub it!

139. haha nice!

140. MMMmmmmm. This little thing belongs in my mouf. nom nom nom

141. sunglass girl says:

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW THAT BABY IS SO CUTE I LOVE I8T DO U?

142. sunglass girl says:

HEY I GOT A JOKE WHY IS 9 AFRAID OF 7 BECAUSE 7 ATE 9.N’T HA HA HA

[You're doing it wrong. :| - Ed.]

143. How adorable! That’s the cutest chinchilla I’ve ever seen! AWWWWW!

144. Those paws are too much for my poor heart to take!

145. he looks so soft…. MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

146. O MY GOSH That is probably the cutest little chinchilla that ever lived!!! I LOVE IT!!!

147. i am speechless at adouralbleness