Eat It, Tony Hawk!

… because you’re about to get majorly owned, courtesy of Bud Budgie, bad buff boardin’ boid!  Once I totally shred your airtime records, I’ll win the X Games!

Righteous photographical submittage, Simone M.

Comments

1. Righteous Big Air there dude! (BTW, will you please check out the little claw holes in the skateboard?!? Kids today, they think of everthing!) :)

2. Heehee, Tony Hawk!

3. But can he do a boned out

4. Oops…let’s try that again

But can he do a boned out backside rodeo ala Sean White?

5. what the heck!?? what an awesome pic, lol!

6. Problem though. When he’s competing, can you always tell when he’s “flying,” and when he’s well, flying.

7. Most birds like to see the full monty, but this guy only does the half pipe.

8. NICE SKILLS, DUDE! my male and female parakeets were on top of the computer until they saw THIS! they totally flipped! they flew away into the cage and started preening their lil blue feathers. ahhhhhn

9. Duuuuuude.

10. Pretty Boy! Pretty Boy!

11. Totally need a brane bucket, dude!

12. Dragonflye says:

“He” looks like a “she”

13. Oh Dragonflye, that’s just because of the haircuts all these skaters are wearing these days. It’s all you can do to tell the hes and shes apart. *snerk*

14. Dragonflye is right…this is a girl…showing the boys how it’s done!

15. In adult budgies, the cere (flesh above the beak) is brown for females, and blue for males. This is a female budgie.

16. I believe the term is “pwned”

17. “Eat It, Tony Hawk!”

This headline just plain rules, in context to the picture. Bravo! :)

18. my little bro (not so little anymore) had these skateboards… they were legit, they had all the same moving pieces as a regular skateboard, and came with little tiny tools so you could work on them. the idea was you rolled them using your fingers and could theoretically do the same tricks you could do with a real board. though he never got the hang of it, I suspect through no fault of his own (they didn’t quite have the same mass ratio as a real skateboard, which relies quite heavily on momentum to stick to your feet when you jump) TMI? probably TMI… :)

19. Tewtally righteous, dewd.

20. YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Budgie rep-re-SENT! :D This message has been approved by Sgt. Pepper and Lucy (in the Sky with Diamonds).

21. Soooo best.

22. where’s the helmet?!

23. Hang ten errr eight Little dudette!

24. Cashew- never TMI-this is CO-we LIKE learning here! Do go on….

25. So gnarly! Check out that sick shred. Total LMAO funny!

Man, you guys are quick. I always miss a lot until someone points them out – the holes, the “Hawk” reference…

26. Meanwhile, in the audience, all the male budgies are realizing that she’s way too good for them…

I’ve been trying to get my budgies to do this for ages but the boys all freak out the minute any of the little toys move and the girls have too much attitude to put up with it, they’d rather take baths and look in the mirror and woe betide any hand that gets in the way! I guess my little valleybirds just aren’t hardcore enough…

27. Copperbat says:

28. My budgie actually owns a skateboard just like that. Does he do gnarly jumps with it? Noooooo…..he prefers to poop in his water and throw seeds everywhere.

29. skippymom says:

Okay you guys, I’m confused. Are there really skateboards intended for birds, and do birds really use them, or is this a joke? I honestly don’t know what’s going on here.

[Well, not for ALL birds. Just the teenage ones. - Ed.]

30. AuntieMame says:

They’re collectible toy skateboards called Tech Deck. Very popular among the 8-10 year old set.

31. skippymom says:

Thanks, AuntieMame. You’re much more helpful than–PPBBPTHTHH–Theo.
    I’m surprised I haven’t seen kids bringing them into the library.

32. skippymom says:

Um, that was supposed to be a “raspberry” noise, directed at Theo, but I think maybe I didn’t spell it right.

33. catloveschanel says:

Bodacioius Alliteration, Not even Mike
    “Bud Budgie, bad buff boardin’ boid!”

34. Lol! Fresca…teenage rebellion stage, maybe?

35. When I worked in the TV department at an Ad agency.We had a weekly progress sheet which showed the progress of each commercial we were working on.
    One entry always amused me, for Lipton’s tea “Budgie training in progress” I never saw the script, but I think the Budgie was being trained to pull a cart. I would ask the person who wrote the sheet what was happening on this ad ,one time it was “Oh the budgies destroyed the cart” the ad was never made.

36. imwithfive says:

I had a budgie once. It died. :(

37. resriechan says:

@ Hon Glad: there’s lovely short-story potential in that tale…………..

@ imwithfive :( condolences!!

38. good old whatshername says:

This is totally unfair–budgie has a distinct advantage in getting massive air.

39. *grooooaaan* @ good old whatshername! :-)

40. I can’t wait for the video game… vrooooooooooooOOOOOooommmmmmm- \Squaaaaaack!

41. seriously, this is ‘shopped, right? or am i just total squaresville?

42. catloveschanel says:

@Aquamarine – the shadows all match

43. :lol: I think Tony Hawk would go “What the heck?” :lol:

44. This pic is bad ass!

45. this is even better than the skateboarding bull dog: http://www.skateboardingbulldog.com/ !

46. Tony Budgie?