Hey Man, What’s Your Beef?

Farmer Ted was just tooling around on the tractor, minding his own business, when he saw Clyde, the herd punk. And before Farmer Ted could even mutter a small “hello,” he became victim to a drive-by moo-ing.

They start so young, Kelly B.

Comments

1. the ears………………soooo soft.

2. “You talkin’ to moo??”

3. The knobularity of those knees!!

4. He’s just here to wish everyone a Happy Moo Year. Would I steer you wrong?

5. Dis MAH pile o’ dirts.

6. I heard of street gangs but field gangs??

7. cuuuute!

Hoppy new year!

8. *ding ding* And Oakley does it again!! Great Punnage!!

And is it me, or do those ears just scream for some light nommage??

9. Such knoby knees!!

10. Make no mi-steak, this calf herd you were coming by and came out to wish you a happy new year. O.o

11. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Such a gentle expression & so soft-looking. I’m in LUFF!!!

12. U talkin’ to me? U talkin’ to ME?!?!?

Just look at the eyes; so furious ;)

13. Eyelashes!! ♥♥♥

14. 260Oakley for the WIN!

15. I think he has a certain Simon Cowell look to him.

16. Awwww. Such a little beauty!
    I’m glad I don’t eat ‘em.

Happy New Year, cutesters!

17. kibblenibble says:

He needs a cow kees…moowah!

18. I love the little flat-top buzz cut with the loooooong eyelashes.

19. He kinda looks like the “Brad Pitt of the bovine set”.

20. Mew Mew Mew I has cute says:

Knobby knees!!!!

21. Mew Mew Mew I has cute says:

Hehe agreed zeldapie….

22. The “herd punk”? (shifty eyes)

23. Resriechan says:

First of all, from the Grammar/ Gender Police, please, peeps, remember that technically, cows = females.

So, Pun #22 for this comment stream — Does SHE have a cowlick in her hair???? (not actually counting, just a random approx quantity there — even the Grammar Police give “SOME” licenses… heheh Police/ licenses, get it?????)

Signed, I’m koo-koo for cuteness.

24. Looks more like a drive-by poo-ing.

25. PS: BEEP!

26. I would very much like to smooch that nose. I confess, I love to kiss cow noses and smell their milky breaths. Haven’t had the opportunity in years.
    Further confession: when my grandmother and I would be going somewhere in the car, if we approached a cow farm we would eagerly roll down the windows and deeply inhale the, er, cowiness. We had a thing for cows.

27. claudia (from uk. south shields) says:

ahhhhhhhh. cute as!

28. claudia (from uk. south shields) says:

nice tree! LOL! cu[t]ie pies!

29. certified cutologist says:

uh oh…. i think we’re all in BIG TRUBZ!!!!

30. Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

31. If I’m not mistaken, that’s a brown swiss–a dairy cow. (My fam raises beef cattle, so I’m not as familiar with the dairy side of life) I can’t decide it what’s peeking between the legs is a privacy tail or a naughty bit.

Either way, s/he looks so much nicer, softer, and like s/he has less of an overbearing mother than the black angus and hereford calves I’m used to dealing with.

32. *GASP* It’s one of teh bebbeh calfs from FarmVille come to life! Only this one looks SO serious! You’re right Theo, “Dis is MINE!” That’s what he’s a sayin’.

33. She loks like a Jersey, the glamour gals. of the Bovine world

34. Please ignore the dodgy spelling and punctuation, that’s what happens when you let your cat do the typing.

35. She sure looks like a Jersey. Brown Swisses are more taupe in color, and flirtier. Or so I remember from the NYS Fair milking parlor display many years ago. Also…little known fact….Jerseys give chocolate milk!

36. Sorcha the cat says:

One of the guests at one of our catered events became a vegitarian when she found out that beef comes from cows. I can see her point when I look at that sweet little face.

BTW, she’s five. What do you serve to a five-year-old vegitarian? Adult choices are a lovely eggplant napoleon or portobello mushroom steak. A five -year-old and eggplant? How about some brussels sprouts on the side?

We settled on Mac & cheese, corn, ice cream.

37. @Metz — I just laughed out loud at your FV reference. Seriously, what is the dealio with the pink and green cows?! LOL.

Now on to this picture. This is not a drive by moo-ing–it is a Drive By Cute-ing…
    Happy New Year all!

38. mac-n-cheese is always a great choice for vegetarians of all ages (especially southern style– yum)! i do like to throw a bit of frozen corn and peas in with my boiling noodles.

39. Sorcha, you gotta discover what you can do with soy protein, tofu, tempeh, and all that other stuff. I make a fine tofu, spinach and feta cheese lasagna! Or you can crumble it and do a lot, even make tacos!

This animule is too sweet looking to be a bad azz. Also, 9 and 3 ears anyone?!

40. BabyOpossum says:

Whole Foods has “chicken-fried” tofu that is great–sorta like little chicken nuggets. I bet a 5-year-old would like something like that…in moderation, of course. :)

41. resriechan says:

Acksh, Hon Glad —
    for myself, I’m breathlessly impressed w/ yer cat’s ability to hit a few keys on the computer keyboard. How does s/he like the ergonomic design of your keyboard?

Signed,
    Blickensderfer

(if curious about my credentials, please see item, approx 2/3 or 3/4 down, on the following webpage: http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bltypewriter.htm

Thank you for playing today.)

42. I am fairly certain that is a Brown Swiss – a Dairy cow. Thank Goodness. Hopefully it is a female and living life happily on a dairy farm making 13-15% BUTTER FAT ice cream. They make the best ice cream, these Brown Swiss.
    YEAH!

43. not to start a commentroversy, but whats wrong with feeding a child adult style foods? I personally find eggplant, especially breaded and fried and covered in cheese, a very non-offensive choice for even the pickiest eaters. and I know plenty of kids that love curry, olives, labanet..

that being said, children, as small rapidly growing human beings, need pretty solid nutrition, so good luck and happy experimenting to her and her mom and dad while they explore and discover a balanced diet for her! (I’ve been veg for 6 years, mammal free for 10, its not too hard once you get the hang of it, you can do it!)

44. Sorcha the cat says:

There are a lot of choices out there in the real world, but we’re stuck with what our catering chefs can and will fix, especially for one person for a formal event. “Hell’s Kitchen” is not always an exaggeration.

Mac and Cheese is so popular, when there’s a buffet that doesn’t include it, and just a few children, we recommend plated meals for the children. Otherwise, the grownups will eat it all up! Especially since ours is “Mickey-roni” and cheese.

45. @Sorcha:
    Ah. I assumed you were exaggerating when you said at a catered event and really meant something along the lines of “my esteemed niece”. NOW I’m with you. Pardon the soapboxing! And hmm, now that you mention it, I think I might put baked mac and cheese in the dinner queue for next week.

46. elledoubleyou says:

It’s NORMAN!

From City Slickers. Sooo cute.

47. Wow, I’d forgotten I’d sent this in! That’s Sir Loin, born on my friend Amanda’s farm. She’ll be flattered.
    Thanks, CO!

48. Sorcha the cat says:

@cashew; I’ve got one of those jobs that everyone (who hasn’t worked in event planing, catering or banquets) envys: I’m a wedding planner. This event is a formal sit-down for 87 people. MY “esteemed” nephew will eat what’s put in front of him or go hungry!

I actually hope that this is not just a picky-eater phase and her parents appreciate her views.

49. BabyOpossum says:

Cashew–agreed. When I was 5 I loved Indian food (still do). Lots of veggie options there. Italian, too. Mmm…eggplant parm….

50. @ Sorcha not to worry my youngest began her voyage to vegetarianism after a trip to the supermarket when they had rarbit…. SHe asked what it was I told her and in her loudest 6 year old voice said PEOPLE EAT RABBIT???? Why would they eat a cute little bunny rabbit???? so then we had a whole learning experience about chickens and cows and pigs and fish and what meat came form where… but the real turning point was when she was in Middle school and we moved to an acre lot and inherited some chickens…. a year after that she was a complete vegetarian.

IT is a healthy lifestyle.

a couple of dishes I have found that even Children love…. Vegetable Lasagna (spinach or any combination of vegetables in the layers). of course spaghetti
    and Mac and Cheese
    also vegetable fried rice.

and also a nice vegetarian chili with not just beans but vegetables like carrots green beans and peas and corn mixed in…

51. Ive Helped Many of These Into The World

52. And that folks, is why frequently carnivorous little me refuses to eat veal.

53. The Jerseys are too cute !!

54. i used to work as a stockman, and calved many cooooooooooooos

55. OMG! So cute!

56. This is so cute. Hahaha. I love all your posts.
    There wasn’t a comment page to comment on all the top 10 of 2009 posts but I like the first one the best! :)

[What? Sure there was! ...and is. It's right here. - Ed.]

57. Nice to see your peppy’s

58. “I shall call him Mini-Moo.”