THIS JUST IN: A Sugarglider eating an apple

Listen closely for the tiny, precious chomping noises! Jump to the HD site to get full effect—I can’t embed the large one here for some reason!

Krista R., excellent kronches work.

Comments

1. Pogopuschel says:

Squeeee ^^

2. Love the tongue action, he just doesn’t want to miss a drop.

3. That’s some speedy nomming!

4. little behbeh sure makes that look like a delishus appohs!!!

5. A sugar glider is a bat? How freaking adorable! I love it when he looks into the camera right at the end. I think he knows how cute he is. :)

6. Sugar glider! Lives up to its adorable name.

7. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

Not a bat, a type of flying squirrel. I’d love to have one, but so would my cats…

8. Von Zeppelin says:

I like the eye kept directly on the camera: “This is MY apple. Don’t you be tryin’ to grab it! I’ve got my eye on you.”

BTW (from Mr. Know-It-All, who is familiar with flying mammals, especially those named Rocket J. Squirrel): The sugar glider is neither a bat nor a squirrel, but a marsupial.

9. ‘dorable! OK, not adorable, super-squeeeee! The fluff, the sounds, all are the QTE-ness of QTE. BTW, did the CuteOverlords make a reference to Outer Space Astronauts in the baby-pic “Rule #43 rules!” hover-text few posts back? If so, whoo-hoo! If not, it was still cute hover-text and pic. The peeg-pic Rule #43 is also a TOTAL hoot, but back to slurpee-sugar-glidare…totally in the top 10 of cute animals evar! Thanks for my daily reality and sanity check, CuteOverload!

10. It’s a trap!!

11. cuteeeer

12. kronsche! BEF in effect! Very cute.

13. An apple a day keeps the veterinarian away!

14. Well, that was boring. The glider didn’t even do anything exciting. I think CO should post another humanoid baby.

(I keeeed, I keeeeed!!!! :mrgreen: )

15. dr. berthaservant says:

i love nomming animals. that is all.

16. bookmonstercats says:

I hadn’t realised they had such thick, woolly fur (hair?). I’d like to stroke me some, but I think I’d lose a finger before s/he even realised it was there, the speed s/he’s nomming away.

17. dr. berthaservant: Me too. But then I need a toothpick. ;o)

B to the E to the F… totally goin’ on here.

And yes, amazin’ kronsches…. Or a really talented Foley artist. =D

18. Yup. Just like I thought. Delectebuhls.

19. Oh,STINKIN’ cute!!!

20. i love it’s little mouth, it’s all ‘yum yum yum!’

21. I was doing something quite different on the Intertubes, (finding locally grown an spun yarn for a baby blanket) and POOOF! I switched to this forjustasecond and then I had to comment on what a cute leetle yes, marsupial, it is and that it isn’t a bat (Hi, VZ and everyone), and I think that the fur looks like that of the “chinchillia” and I’ll be getting back to the yarn search now and wow that is cute! Yes, I thought all of that in two seconds- fphewwww, what a morning! Your fellow Peep with itchy ka-knitting fingers, K.

22. Did anyone else notice that the apple is bigger than its head?! I am waiting for post-nomming sugar coma to ensue. Probably just as QTE sleeping as nomming.

23. toffiffeezz says:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh… the kronching is exactly what I needed to make me smile today :)

24. The tongue! The widdle tongue! OMG that is soooo anerable! Mega-cute eye capsule as well!

25. Sugar gliders remind me of opossums, a marsupial that lives around here. Much more cute of course. But yet if you’ve ever seen a opossum up close they’re like huge scraggly rats with lots of sharp little teeth. I’ve always found sugar gliders to look abit menacing. But okay, mostly cute too…

26. kiki willow says:

I think Speed Nomming should be a new Olympic event.

27. Katrina- the fur does feel like a chinchilla!

My cousin has a sugarglider – they are super super cute!! And very very soft. At first everyone was scared of her but by the end of the night, everyone loved her and she was climbing all over everyone!

28. The kronching! The munching noises! Teh mandibular nomming action! (If you keep watching just the lower jaw, you have to giggle!) The glistening beedy eye!

I think I need to lie down for just a minute…

29. kibblenibble says:

What is it about watching Qte animals nomming on their food that makes us so happy? I LOVE heem/her! :-)

30. I like an ani-mile that appreciates it’s food. It also reminds me of my friend Nic who’s apreciative lip smacking makes cooking for him worthwhile. His highest praise is ” This is orgasmic”. Make of that, what you will!

31. Yay! My baby made Cuteoverload! Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. You’re right, he isn’t a bad. When I adopted him and brought him home, I asked my now-husband what I should name him. He’s not quite the animal lover I am, so with a twisted face he answered “He looks like a furry bat.”. The name Furbat stuck!

Here’s a photo of me and my baby!

32. I love him! His little crunching sounds are adorable! (and he looks really soft)

33. Christopher says:

Adorable fluff and most excellent nomming. Cronchcronchnomnomchronchnomnom

34. THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN! love the little noises aaww *_*

35. Omigod. Possibly the sweetest chewing noises I ever heard. Sooooooooo SWEET. Best nom-video ever. This sugar-glider is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! AND CUTE!!!!!!!!!

36. Here’s a not-so-successful photo!

Thanks for all your nice comments about my Furbat!

37. OMG he is the cutest and Kristnaa both pictures of you and furbat are adorable. Congrats on Furbats Cuteoverload Debut :D

The crunching and Monching on the apple… Too too cute!

38. Gee whiz, what a copycat! I posted a video of MY sugar glider eating an apple on YouTube MONTHS ago!

(j/k there’s room enough on youtube for lots of suggies!)

39. NOM NOM NOM

40. leek leek leek leek cronsche

41. Peanut's Mama says:

NOMNOMNOMKRUNCHKRUNCHNOMMITYNOMNOMLICKLICKKRUNCH

42. Mew Mew Mew I has cute says:

OmnomnomnomnomyumyumnomnomnawmNOMNOMnawm

43. Dreamspinner Cheryl says:

A marsupial? I did not know that-thanks for the edgymacayshun!

44. Queen of Dork says:

The kronchieez, the little hand on the dish, the teeny bite marks in the apple…I must go splash water on my face. Excuse me.

45. Queen of Dork says:

And Hon Glad is back!!! Yippeee!!!!

46. Thank you, oh mighty Queen of Dork and all points east

47. Mew Mew Mew I has cute says:

PS. Nawm cronshe leek leek slurpity glurpity OM NOM NOM yummy crunch crunch

lol ykwim

48. thefelinepunk says:

Do sugargliders ever blink?

49. My gooness! Hims sure do like him’s apple.

50. omg, dis was so adorabuls… normally, I hate smacking sounds, (they give me a rash on my brain) but I guess its okay if its a cute furry animules thats doingk it?

51. Amazingly, that’s exactly what my huge labrador-pointer-huge-huge-dog eats/acts/looks like. EXACT. PRECISE…
    Bulgy eyes, check
    Weird “Hrrrkkk” and “chomplomp” noises while eating, check
    Small Paws, not check
    Stripes, Sure, why not.
    CUTE AS HECK, check, check, check.

52. haha what a little cutiepie!

OMNOMNOM.