Winston attempts to eat snow

But will his FLAT LIL’ FACE LET HIM!? Watch and find out.

Merry Christmas Rich (see more Weeen-stons over at Four Four!)

Comments

1. Happy non-denominational winter time joy to Weeeenston! (and all of you!)

2. kibblenibble says:

Now the holiday is complete! I’m being repetitive, but I just love Winston and Rudy. :-)

3. Eeet doesn’t smell like anyeeeeething!
    Merry Christmas Winston, Rudy Rich and ummm, oh, dear, ah Rich’s animal companion!

4. Joyeux Noël!
    Felice Navidad!
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

5. Ha ha ha! Love that big snowball at the end!

6. Biscuit Tin says:

Winnie thinks there might be flavor, if he tastes it enough times. Rudy’s all, “Thanks, no.” [looks away]

7. That homely little face! I love him!

8. Yay, Winston and Rudy! Eating snow is not all it’s cracked up to be anyway. Hard on the teeth nerves, if you ask me.

Did I see some Star Wars action figures in the potted plant?

9. LisaHoneychan says:

LOVE THIS! I love hearing Winston’s sweet little purrs while trying to eat snow. I don’t think he “got” it.

Rudy is such a pretty cat, so handsome!

Merry Christmas everyone!

10. Not much eating, but a lot of sneeefing.

Love you Winston and Rudy!
    xoxo

11. resriechan says:

I ain’t even WATCHED IT YET (I’ve only just read Meg’s intro) but

Winston + Dec 24 + snow = all I need for Happy Holly-Days!!!
    Hope that YOURS are/were/will be so, as well!!!!
    Peace to all.

12. Yaayyyyy!!! More Weeeeenston!

I love the tentative licking, like, “this looks like food…but it’s COLD!!”

13. Queen of Dork says:

Not only are the kitties great but….BONUS: There’s a Darth Vadar action figure in the plant holder too!

14. This is my first Winston (I think) so I’m not quite sure what to say. Um, Hello ?
    (Presents small writing pad) May I have your pawtograph ?

How old is Winston ? I’ve seen him in the distant archives filed away in C.O.’s insane archive. He was floofier then. Is it just me, or…how many more Christmasses does Winston have ? :neutral:

15. I love how he starts purring even when he doesn’t know what it is and then can’t quite manage to lick it.

16. harlemgrrl says:

weenstones! thank you santa *<|:0)

17. I love Ween-stons!! I do.

18. resriechan says:

Monterri: IMHO,
    Winston OWNS the entire universe.

At Four-four webpage you can see a variety of his adventures. The short version is that he began his existence with several medical ….infirmities…..and Rich et al are devoted bipeds who have ensured not only his survival through those …but also through a ….somewhat….undignified haircut one summer ….to resumed floofiness that you see, these days ……. We here at CO have had countless (well, maybe Theo or someone has counted them) commentroversies over whether Winston was being sufficiently indulged to the Nth Degree or should be indulged yet further ….whether they were using inappropriate expensive people shampoo on him rather than the better pet shampoo (don’t worry they were doing The Right Thing) and other infinitesimal angst/ traumatic issues …..

THE RULE: We. Love. Winston.

(there are a few exceptions, among CO afficionados (sp?), to
    the stated Rule.
    But WE don’t like to admit that. Denial is a LOT more fun; don’t you agree??????)

19. Rudy’s got some major fangs going on there!

20. Peanut's mama says:

Gotta love me some Winnie and Rudy!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to them~~AND TO YOU ALL!!

21. It’s reassuring to know I’m not the only house where the pets are hand fed and Darth Vadar lords over a (presumably) dead and face-down Luke Skywalker in the plants. Now if they start dressing Winston up like Omar from The Wire, I’ll know they are stealing my bit.

22. Mrs. McGinty says:

Weeeenston! Yay! And pretty, pretty Rudy, too! Double yay!

OMG, anyone who can’t get enough of Winston & Rudy, go on over to FourFour, scroll down to the GIF Rich made, and click the link for the subtitled version. Be prepared to giggle intermittently, punctuated by snorts, for an hour or so. But don’t do this if you don’t belong to the Cult of Winston (& Rudy), because if you are not One of Us, you prolly won’t Get It.

23. Dante is taking a little hit of peppermint ice cream. Happy Holidays, everyone.

24. @Resrie… everytime the forcast here is for cold, cold, cold, and more snow, I move into “The State of Denial”… it’s lovely there this time of year.
    (not very mature, maybe, but it gets me through the winter!)

25. Oh, and happy non-demoninational winter-soltice holiday, to those who believe in it.

And for anyone and everyone who would welcome it:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

26. AWW :D Winston needs tuna flavored snow :D

27. He is Winston and he disapproves of this post (er,um, snow…)!

28. resriechan says:

@ Wend:

Enjoy the State of Denial in good health!!!!!

29. Happy holidays to all! May your days be filled with light and friendship always.

I remember introducing my kitties to snow. They were born in April and had never experienced it. I don’t know why I expected them to think it was interesting. I brought a bowl of it inside and put it on the floor. They sniffed it, realized it was supercold water, looked at me like I was weird, and left it alone.

That said, they did enjoy playing with ice cubes. :)

30. I….. am not going to say anything about Winston. Except the snow-eating thing was kinda funny and the video kept stopping cuz it had to load more.

I really wanted to share this with someone, but didn’t want to….. oh wth, here’s a link to a funny cat story.

Merry Christmas everybody!

31. 5^^now8ing says:

Merry Christmas, Winston & Rudy! Happy Holidays! Peace to all!

32. Weenston says that there is no flavores!!

33. I oh-noed at 1:07 when that piece that it looked like Winston might actually bite fell off so tragically. :( Poor guy. Snow is yummy.

34. @resreichan: (post# 18)

Do you know when a cute kitty (such as Winston) is at the end of his life…I am sorry, but I firmly believe that this is Winston’s last Christmas. I know the signs (believe me, I *know* them). But Winston will live forever in C.O. until the end.

Who, among all cats, will be Winston’s successor ? Trust me on this point. Winston will not be with us for much longer; who will be the Qte successor ?

35. Jennifer weertman says:

Merry X’mas Winston & Rudy & also the lovley Staff ( he he) for these wonderful puddy tats! Always looking out for them, but fully understand if they are not. Thanx for the X’mas one! :):):)

36. Juniper Jupiter says:

<3 :D

I love Winston and Rudy!!! Merry Christmas, guys!!

AND DON'T EAT THE YELLOW SNOW!!!

(Nobody warned 'em yet…)

37. Mary (the first) says:

Greetings of the season to all CO peeps!!

38. Queen of Dork says:

Happy Holidays, everybody!!!!!

39. Thanks for the Christmas laugh !

Merry Christmas to Weenston, Rudy, Rich and all Peeps !

40. Simon’s Cat cannot succeed Winston, because that cat is not real. We must begin our search *now*. And it must be a Winston look-a-like :smile:

41. Blessings to all creatures, big and small, bipeds and quadripeds and multipeds, mammals and otherwise, real or not!

42. My dear departed Steve was an indoor kitty, but every once in a while she took it into her head that she was going to dash outside. The first time she ran out into the snow she was MAJORLY confused. She’d take one step, delicately shake the snow off one dainty paw, take another step, delicately shake the snow off one dainty paw, look back at the house, take another step, delicately shake the snow off one dainty paw, etc.

43. he’s all like “it smells like part of a buffet table, but i can’t find the crab legs on it”

44. SEE YA NEXT YEAR WINSTON—WE LOVE YOU! DON’T EAT THE “YELLOW SNOW” !

45. @ T.U.M.:

DON’T LEAVE US IN SUSPENSE!!!! You’ve left ME (easily befuddled, I’ll admit) with several unresolved psychologically traumatic mental issues:

1. “SHE”= “Steve”??? Were there sexual/ gender identity issues? Or was it just cleverness?

2. DID Steve make it, back INSIDE?????????or did she spend the rest of her existence, taking one step, delicately shaking the snow off one paw; taking another step, delicately (etc., etc.) ….or maybe her existence again resumed normalcy in the Spring when all that *SNOW* (UGH!!) finally melted …..

Signed,
    Very Suggestible/ Easily Traumatized Cat Lover…..

46. Monterri, #34: Winston is only a couple of years old. He is quite healthy and robust. Stop with the predictions, it’s creepy.

[I will add that he is MUCH better off now than when he was, before Rich adopted him. - Ed.]

47. Monterri, regardless of your vast knowledge, can you please quit it? It’s creepy and annoying.

48. I love Weenston & Roody!

49. I missed Winston!!!!!
    I brought some snow in for my kitties when we had the BIG snow. They didn’t know what to do with it. They were looking out the window for hours. I think they thought the snow was buggies!!

50. Winston was so determined to get at that snow I couldn’t help rooting for him…when that piece fell off I was like “Ah man!” This is the first time I’ve seen Rudy (clearly I need to look at more vids :) ) but he’s (?) a very lovely cat. What wonderful little kitties!!!

51. Aw, this was a really good quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done.

52. Ohh! I meesed thees smooch face eatin’ snow!

Or tryin to…

He’s such a little gremlin!