Ugh. The Dreaded Holiday Pop-In

Yoohoo, anyone home? I brought you a fruitcake I made last year!

Hellooooo…? It’s Carl and Agnes! We have non-alcoholic eggnog, Brussel sprouts, and a hankering to sing carols!

Hey, uh, anyone home? Last night I accidentally ran over a grandma. Can I hide out at your place for a few days?

Stella, here! I brought over stuff for scrapbooking! Wow, your peephole is really dirty!

Anyone there? Maude just left me. For a Clydesdale. He pulls a one horse open sleigh or something. Can I come in and talk about it for a few hours?

Wait, that’s not a reverse peephole, right Julie C.?

Comments

1. Bahahaha!

Great photos.

(And Grandpa wouldn’t be pissed if he’d stay outta the eggnog!)

2. this reminds me of craig’s show on south park :D we just need that funky little song….

3. Excellent commentary, Prongs.

4. I was surprised to see that Prongs posted this. It looked like the working of a Peeping NTMTOM to me.

5. What fantasically beepable nosicles!! I know what I’ll be doing from now until Christmas Eve. BeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeepBeep. :)

6. Well, it’s not my fault if I have a — what you would call — a big nose. Actually, it’s not. It works just fine, thank you.

7. Mary (the first) says:

Aren’t Carl and Agnes the “neigh-bors”?? These photos made me LOL ! And I needed that!!

8. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Someone knockin’ at the door, somebody ringin’ the bell,
    Someone knockin’ at the door, somebody ringin’ the bell,
    Do me a favor, open the door, and let ‘em in…

9. NTMTOM FTW! (and FTE – For The Earworm!)

10. Snooooooots!

11. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Speaking of earworms, props to Prongs for referencing “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.”

12. ANOTHER SEINFELD REF, YAY! Are you guys giving away prizes if we spot them or anything? Maybe a C.O. Calendar? :-b

That first pic just might have to be my new taktop. I luffff cows.

Cows and Seinfeld. I’m happy. Thanks, Prongs!

13. I thought it was NTMTOM, too! Excellent post, Prongs.

14. Yeah, I saw that, too, Not Mike. I guess I should have said Grandpa wouldn’t be pissed if he wasn’t drinkin’ beer and playing card with Cousin Mel.

15. Technically, I don’t think noses this big can be called “nosicles.” More boopable than beepable. Still adorabuhls, of course!

16. Hm. Shouldn’t this have been in NOSEvember?

17. Wow! This one was great. Love the Nay-bors hovertext. Ah ha ha! Good stuff.

18. Nothing like the holidays to bering out those nosey Neighbors

Quick everyone duck down and stay qquiet maybe they will think we aren’t home and go away!

19. Kirsten D. says:

I LOVED the Streetcar reference — STELLLLLLLLAAAAA! Made my day right there.

*boops non-nosicles*

20. Send them back!

21. When I was four, my father was on his way to pick me up from preschool and he was driving past some woods when a deer jumped on roof of his car. It kicked out the back windshield, then jumped off on the other side of the car and went bounding away. After that, my brother and I sang “Daddy got ran over by a reindeer” for weeks.

22. Those are the neigh-bores, neh ?

23. Nosey neighbors! har har

24. The last picture made me think of Gladys Kravitz, LOL !!! http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/image/100179375_gladys-kravitz-nosey-neighbor

25. Prongs, excellent interpretation. May you never have visitors like dat.

26. Whoa! :D

Something Far Side-ish about this. They all need cat-eye glasses and flowered muumuus!

27. Von Zeppelin says:

Boy, do I know about this. You just sit down in the living room with a drink and good book, and the next thing you know, some ungulate or bovine is ringing your doorbell. You cows, mules, reindeer. . . can’t you just leave a guy in peace, fergodsakes?

28. hey thanks for posting my pictures! those 20 seconds of C.O. fame made my day :P

29. Just to clarify: my earlier comment was meant merely to be a lame “peeping tom” reference, not a put down on Prongs’ considerable CO talents. The QTE is strong in that one.

30. Beepable, boopable, I love it all!

31. Queen of Dork says:

I’ve never seen any four legged visitors when I look out my peephole. Darn. Although one time I answered my door, looked down and my neighbor was there with her dog and he was wearing some doggy sunglasses! That was pretty cool!

32. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: I was so surprised by my neighbor’s little dog in his sunglasses because he looked so totally happy and proud of them!

33. 5^^now8ing says:

I got it, 260! Whenever I see your comments, I know there has to be a pun there, even if I don’t see it the first time. ;-)

34. Queen of Dork says:

5now8: When you said that I just looked at 260’s comment myself! It’s great as usual!

35. I think that those guys in the second picture are actually the bray-bors, since they’re donkeys (or mules–hard to tell apart just from the nosicles. If I had to guess, though, I’d say donkeys).

36. Nosicles are for hedgehogs! Those are SCHNOZ-es. HONK!

37. Oh my Prongs, but that was a good one.

38. bookmonstercats says:

Tried to pick out my favourite. Failed. They’re all great.

39. I love these pictures! They’re wonderful and so original.

40. C’mere, Prongsie, and give your Auntie TUM a big old kiss.

41. Adorable nosies!

42. They are all really cute. I think # 4 is my fav.

Merry Christmas!

43. As for big nosicles, there’s nothing softer or more pretty to me than a draft horse muzzicle!!!! BEEP!!
    Love these pictures.

Anyone ever get a chance to pet a soft Clydesdale Muzzicle? You should. Experience of a lifetime. It’s softer than a baby’s butt! And generally, a Clydesdale doesn’t scream, cry or bite.

44. Brrrrrrrrrrr. Reminds me of that day the renegade cows came over to watch me sleep.

45. @Heather, you’ve got something there (hopefully a horse nose ;) ). Horse noses are lovely things.

46. Mrs. Catlabash says:

Doncha mean the “neigh-bores”?

Ha! I kill me.

47. julie- and you still have the lion’s share of your fifteen minutes of fame left!

48. Mrs. Catlabash says:

Pooh-bear, you kill me, too! I swears, I thought of it all on my own, but you definitely thought of it first! Sowwwy!

That’ll learn me not to post on the fly. Harumph.

49. 5^^now8ing says:

Heather — Yes! Muzzicle! That’s the word! And I totally petted a Clydesdale’s muzzicle at the state fair this year! Never expected it to be so soft!

50. This is just so delightful!

51. I lurv fisheye schnozzles.

52. Theresa:

Horses and Boston Terriers, my specialty. Personally I prefer the muzzicle of a draft horse – you’re less apt to get your hand bitten. They’re gentle and usually OK with peoples touching their muzzlepouches, ie muzzicles.
    My Bostons don’t bite, but they don’t have soft muzzicles, either. What’s really soft on them is the blaze of white between their eyes. I call it the Blazisch. (In real world language, it is the blaze.) Just gently pet the Blazisch between der eyez and watch them go nite nite. :)

53. Love the pics and captions.
    However, the “Grandma” one does not show a reindeer.

54. this one isnt that cute

55. LeAnn (not LeAnna) says:

I can just hear the *SHNORFS* these guys are making.

56. Ummm…you got a little booger there.

57. Frankfurt Motor says:

The prongs posted in your blogs is just amazing and cannot be explained by the words!