The Reason Gertrude Squeaks, When Poked

No, I haven’t seen him. What do you mean, I look guilty? Maybe he went for a walk or something, I dunno. But I know for sure that I didn’t eat Rubber Ducky. No, definitely not.

Poke Gertrude Here!

Let me guess, Jenny B.: Calgon.

Comments

1. Awww that is soo cute! That looks like a real showercap too.

2. Where does one buy a kitty-size shower cap?

3. I will *KEEEL* you when I get out of here…

4. Kitty-sized shower caps… now I’ve seen everything.

Reminds me of my dear departed Ming when I was taking a bubble bath one night. Soaking in the tub.. ahh… here comes Ming to investigate and is sitting on the edge of the tub. Guess that the bubbles looked like something solid, and she stepped down into the tub.. and of course mean ol’ Mom was just watching, knowing exactly what was going to happen and not making any attempt to stop her. Bwahahahahaha..

5. GRANDMA!!!!

6. Calgon, take me away!! PLEEEASE!!

7. Queen of Dork says:

This cat will be sharpening his claws when he gets out of there….

8. Queen of Dork says:

I mean HER claws when SHE gets out!

9. I think she looks as though she actually enjoys her bath, and just wants the camera to go away so she can get back to it.

10. This is so wrong on so many levels.

11. Heather in Oregon says:

This is one very patient kitteh! Mine would be screaming and clawing the faucet and giving me that one particular dirty look that says “You, yes you not so innocent human, you will pay for this indignity!!”

12. Where is everybody today? This comment thread is feeling lonely….People must be out living their lives, or something.

13. That showercap is a good idea! I always worry about getting water in teh kitteh’s ears when it’s scrub a dub dub time.

14. kibblenibble says:

Those eyes!!!! Beeyooteefull. Silly, cute picture. :-)

15. I LOVE the little bit of bubbles on her chin. Love it.

@Skippymom, I think everyone’s out Christmas shopping. I’m going to join them. I needed to fortify myself with some Cute first, though.

16. I’m with you skippymom, I think she looks like she is quite enjoying her bath! (I’m also with you being the only one still sitting at home instead of out and about… :)

17. @skippymom & Katie: not the only ones! I’m taking it s-l-o-w-l-y…..and yes, she’s just wanting her alone time, is my thought.

18. Calgon: ancient Chinese secret for making “Squee-king” duck?

19. Hello, Katey, Katie, and victoreia! Good to hear from you. Yeah, for years now I have purposely kept myself out of the whole holiday “preparation” scene. Not that I’m mean or humbuggy (well, not most of the time), I just don’t see the point of all the scrambling and spending. When people ask me, as they so frequently ask this time of year, “Are you ready for Christmas?” I don’t really have an answer as I don’t do anything in particular to get ready for it. But to those of you who are busily doing so, I hope you’re having fun!

20. If it’s a chilly day, a short-haired kitteh like Gertrude might like a warm bath, particularly if her head and face aren’t getting wet.

21. @ Skippymom: I don’t think so. I’m reading that expression as saying: Maybe if I sit really still, I’ll survive this. This is NOT the face of a happy kitty. Between the gross indignities of the bath, the shower cap, the bubbles and the camera, you really can’t blame her.

And what about that shower cap? Too small for a hooman baby, too big for a Barbie doll. Where the heck did it come from?

22. Dirty Gertie.

23. What I want to know is what kind of drug did they give that cat to make her sit still long enough in a bath tub full of water to actually put a shower cap on her head and CAN I GET SOME PLEASE!

24. Poor kitty looks kinda freaked out! But then why are the bubbles and the water so calm? Hm. Nappien?

25. KittehMamax3 says:

Hey, all. The “shower” cap looks like a lid cover I find in the houseware sections of stores. They are meant to cover cups or jars left open or to cover small bowls for the fridge. Check out some kitchen websites and you should find some….

Also, too frikin cute on the kitteh…..

26. I must have that shower cap for my cats! Where can I buy it? Don’t make me get out my craft box again folks. I have just finished making a uni – horn a la the grinch’s dog for my pup and another craft project right now would be exhausting. In fact I am exhausted and will now head to the bathroom for a long hot bath (with pink bubbles natch)

27. you guys are psychic and also I did not read the post directly above mine – thanks for the info on the “shower cap”

28. Oh my. I couldn’t stop laughing at how cute the shower cap is.

29. Shower cap is lovely. Now kitty needs KITTEN MITTONS.

30. Teeny Gozer says:

I have a similar-looking “showercap” that is meant to cover a small bowl when you put it in the fridge… but it doesn’t have cute little pink dots all over it. That kicks the “cute” up a notch or two.

31. And the cat’s name is GERTRUDE! Awesome.

32. “Have you seen enough now, people? Have you? Then get the eff out of my bathroom!”

33. Freshman year in college, my roommates and I had a cat named Gertrude. (After Gertrude Stein, of course; we also named our suite 27 Rue de Fleurus. Yes, we were soooo sophisticated.) After a while, we got lazy and started calling her Catface, and eventually just Kitty.

34. Mary (the first) says:

That’s a very trusting kitteh to allow her humans to put the cap on and fill up the bubbles! What a sweetie. This made me laugh out loud so luckily did not happen on a workday when I would be at work. Laughing is not a common sound at work :(
    And greetings to all other non-shopper and non-preparers out there. YAY for staying home and looking at teh Qte instead!

35. 5^^now8ing says:

My grandma used to have a set of those “showercaps.” I think they pre-dated cling-wrap.

And yay Skippymom and Mary, et.al., for avoiding the Christmas-prep crowds. My hubby just go back from a “quick trip” to the hobby store for a bottle of glue, and was gone an hour!! I’m not anti-Christmas, either. I just quit most of the hustle-bustle and find I actually enjoy it a lot more.

And I want to know how long that shower cap staying place! Not one of my five would keep it on for two seconds!

36. @Mary and Skippymom

Internet shopping, it’s the only way. I have a pile of gifts in the living room right now (half-way through wrapping and labelling) and I didn’t have to face a single holiday shopping crowd to get them. Well, that and being a ruthless ‘re-gifter’, as in “Damn, I need a present for so-and-so. Okay, where’s that DVD I got last year and probably won’t re-watch”.

37. Von Zeppelin says:

KittehMamax3, thanks for the info on the jar lid cover used as kitty shower cap.
    Back in the day, when L’Eggs stockings came in those plastic egg things, I took the pointy end from a container of the Countess Von Zeppelin’s hosiery and made a great cat Space Hat out of it. It was one of the chrome-plated ones. My especially patient cat, Captain Spaulding, became Space Cat, Ruler of the Solar System. Still have the pictures somewhere. The Space Hat looked especially snazzy after I added a lightning bolt with red Magic Marker.

38. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

@Von Zepplin Hooray for Captain Spaulding! (I looove the Marx Bros)

39. Von Zeppelin says:

Captain Spaulding was named for Groucho’s great character when I was under the misapprehension that she was male (I, for one, find it hard to tell with teeny kittens). When our vet set me straight, we experimented with other names, but she remained Captain Spaulding through her long and happy life. A lovely tricolor calico tabby. I miss her.

40. What kind of cat IS THIS???!! She’s so pretty!

41. I can not believe this cat is sitting there so calmly in the water. Not to mention the tiny shower cap! Love.

42. Dare I say it? ADORABUBBLE!

43. VonZep, I would love to see pictures of such a thing.

44. Von Zeppelin says:

Theresa, it was quite glorious. The pictures were taken in the long ago days when you put “film” in a “camera,” and then went to the “drugstore” to get the pictures “developed.” Somewhere, possibly in a box that has made at least five moves since the days of Space Cat, is a Kodak envelope with those pictures in them. So, alas, I will have to share the mental picture with you.

45. Juniper Jupiter says:

AAUUUUUGGH!!!

GET THAT CAMERA AWAY!!!

At least I didn’t put my beauty mask on first! How DARE you take a picture of me in the tub!!!

‘Swrong with you?
    :D

46. :twisted: I think Gertrude is saying “Ok, I will let you take my picture taking a bath if that is what you have to do to prove that some kitties will let humans bathe them.” :twisted:

47. 5^^now8ing says:

Alas, von Z, I know exactly what you mean about the “envelope” of “photographs” in a “box” somewhere. My poor youngest child has yet to see (once he was old enough to recognize it) that I actually DID take a few pictures of him. You realize, though, don’t you, that WHEN AND IF you ever run across those photos of Space Captain Spaulding, we CO faithful will expect to see them here. Five years from now, doesn’t matter, we’ll still be waiting…. And I just have to repeat it! “Hooray for Captain Spaulding!”

48. Oh too cute!! The bubble bath is a nice touch ;)

I found some bowl covers that are graduated, pack of 50.. and the smallest ones look like they would be pretty darn useful as a kitteh shower cap :P $4.99 for 50 of ‘em

49. heehee, My grandma used to have these jar caps thingies that looked like little shower caps. Of course they ended up on our cat.

50. DaytimeDeb says:

Apparently kitty’s roommates need to learn to knock before entering. Can’t tell if that’s surprise or embarassment on her face. Or maybe a sweet combination of both.

51. kibblenibble says:

BTW, this kitty makes great computer wallpaper. The bigger she is, the more you laugh! :-)

52. Let’s have more Cats in Hats! This one is totally great!

53. Chocolate kitteh looks surprised, almost shocked! So cute! :-)

54. Kibblenibble, she is now my entire desktop. My monitor is 22″. You’re absolutely right. She’s filling my eyesight with sudsy beauty.

55. my sweet Katie Kat loved it when I took bubble baths, she would sit on the side of tub and i would blow bubbles at her. At some point she would take a walk and slip into the tub, I would usually end up injured trying to rescue her. She’s been gone since February and bubble baths just aren’t the same anymore. My Joey Boy is not interested at all.

56. She’s crying

57. that’s a russian blue! lovely.

58. teehehe, reminds me of Dobby, the cappyboppy who needed a (ahem) shower-cap-ybara

59. I think my heart just melted.

60. That picture just killed me dead. I vote it best picture on the internet EVER.

61. Aloha – nice site, just surfing a few blogs, looks like a pretty good platform here. I am at present using free blogs for most of my sites but want to alter them over to a platform like this as a trial run. Anything specific you could recommend about it?

62. Katie Kat liked bubble baffs and Joey Boy does not, I am not surprised, it’s totally a girl thing.

63. Joey Boy is totally boy, he doesn’t like cuddles and kisses from mom, much to mom’s dismay. Sometimes I just have to grab him and kess his little face.

64. Von Z and others-“did someone call me Schnorrer? Hooray, hooray, hooray”
    What an inspired name for a cat-and there are lots of female Captains out there, dontchaknow… I’m still chuckling, my best to the Countess Von Z. and the little hairs apparent and presumptive. (Please let that the be the first time you have seen that on CO, I need the karma).

65. i love your kitty

66. I like cuteoverload.com!

67. cut3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68. @Trez4400 :( I am so sorry to hear about you losing your dear sweet kitty, Katie Kat :( (A BIG CYBER HUG for you)

69. why isn’t this cat on http://www.catswearinghats.com??

[First thing pops into my mind: because it’s on http://www.CuteOverload.com – Ed.]

70. OMG that cat website is hilar! :p

71. this picture is so cute!!!!

72. Bowl covers, baby!

73. i bet it’s just bubbles

74. i wonder how long she has been in the bath tub cause i bet it is not going to last

75. where did you get that shower cap!?