Ahoy-hoy!

Smithers, it seems that while sunning myself on this giant orange rind, my limbs dehydrated again.

Get me my B12 shot before these ninnies mistake me for an urchin and throw me out to sea.

♪ He may be called Toothpick, but he’ll always be Monty, to me ♪ (with apologies to Billy Joel), Jean T.

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

My hubby has a boat. Can I have the hedgehog?

2. Camouflage – FAIL!

3. Martha in Washington says:

I think we need a COXCU on the splayed fingers desperately trying to hang on the giant orange rind.

4. so cute! (he does look kinda like a brown sea urchin!)

5. Exceeeeelllllent….

6. I have a very hard time not squealing aloud at this one! SOOOO CUTE!!!

7. Poor little guy. One slip and fall accident in a raft, and now none of the other aminals will let him play with their inflatable pool toys.

8. Considering how much most hedgies hate water, Monty definitely has the right idea to use an floation ring to keep his little feet dry. Hang on there – help is coming!

9. I bring you love.

10. Wittle thing….oh, be careful he doesn’t get wet!

11. and peace….

12. Darn! Missed my cue, Kar.

13. Well played with the Simpson’s reference!

14. Hedgie will fit in my pocket nicely. Thanks!

15. BabyOpossum says:

I need a Toothpick to test whether my bundt cake is done. Is he available?

16. I’d beep, but I don’t want him to lose his balance….

17. The Prickly Kid goes to sea!

18. I see that Benson Hedges is now on the case of the Marie-Celeste!

19. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Ehn!

20. I was thinking of another song for this picture, all together now:

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip…

21. Mary (the first) says:

I really must get a hedgehog someday. They are so cute! I’m not sure if I’d let him sleep cuddled under my chin like I do the cat, however. Too many sharp parts. But they are sure cute to look at from aways off!

22. Loved the story on this one!! Where is Smithers anyway?

23. Aww I love the outstretched back leg.

24. Queen of Dork says:

Gigi: Yay! A sing-a-long!… That started on this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship…

25. The mate was a mighty sailing man, the Skipper brave and sure…

26. Queen of Dork says:

Five passengers set sail that day, for a three-hour tour. A three hour tour….

27. 5^^now8ing says:

The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed…

28. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost.

29. Queen of Dork says:

…the the Minnow would be lost. The ship set ground on the shore of this unchartered desert isle…

30. with Gilligan, the skipper too. The millionaire and his wife…

31. Queen of Dork says:

The mooovvvieee star, the professor and Maryanne!

(Take it away)….

32. freetomato says:

Why are hedgies illegal in Georgia????? I want one ever so much.

33. here on Gilligan’s Isle !!!!!!!!!

Wow that was fun, thanks QoD and 5^^now8ing :-)

34. 5^^now8ing says:

Oh! oh! too late!
    original words:
    the mooveeee star, and the rest….
    (Until the prof & MA got all in a snit about it)

35. 5^^now8ing says:

tho who could blame them — everybody else got named, and there were only seven in the whole cast!

Thanks to you, too, QoD & Gigi! We’re all so silly! ;-)

36. Queen of Dork says:

*long stemmed roses thrown upon the stage. We all bow graciously and gather armfuls of flowers. throw kisses to the adoring audience and so on. We word with our lips but without actually speaking, “thank you, thank you”*

That WAS fun! Thanks! :)

37. Queen of Dork says:

5: I knew the orginal words were “and the rest” ’cause I’m old enough to remember when that show was actually prime time! :) But I always liked it better when the song recognized P and M as individual peeps! :)

(This site is absolutely THE BEST!)

38. I second that emotion !

39. 5^^now8ing says:

Oh, don’t worry, Q! I’m old enough to remember that, too! I’d make the rash assumption that anyone who knows all the words is in our age group, but my kids used to watch it on Nick at Nite and learned it, too. Nighty-night now! (if there is one)

40. Queen of Dork says:

Me too. Sweet dreams everybody!

41. Oh little hedge, you need not worry. I’m sure you are an excellent sweeeeeemer!

42. *I* was saying “Boo-urns”….

43. Noelegy, that’s a contender for what I want on my gravestone.

44. Bookmonstercats says:

What’s the story, Morning Glory?

45. I hope Santa will leave a hedgie in m stocking.

46. “…here on Hedgie Hog Isle!”

47. Baywatch…hedgehog edition (this series was banned in some countries due to the hedgies refusal to cover their ‘tocks with the recquisite red bathing attire)

48. or turned into Sushi!!!!

49. I will rescue you, leetle hedgeling. What a cutie patootie!!!!

50. The General says:

So anyway, the hedgehog is cute its true. But this picture is not because its kind of unnatural and staged and the little fellow is not really having a good time [I can tell because I've been there, hanging precariously from a plastic thing at way above my comfort level]

Honestly folk, how much does it take to get some really cute hedgehogs and racks photos in here? I feel the poor fellow would be much happier there [again I'm basing it on my personal experience, snuggling into an ample rack is much comfortable]

51. Can we pleeeeaaase get a paw close-up?????

52. Shiver me timbers!!! This hedgie is ah-dorable!!!!

53. Actually… urchin is an archaic term for hedgehog. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/urchin

54. claudia (from uk. south shields) says:

its hard to squeeeeeeel at it itz sooooo cute!