Oh Mabel, What Will You Do Next?

Mabel is – how should we say? – eccentric. Has been, ever since those red-tailed monkeys accidentally clocked her with that Frisbee they whittled out of that Acacia bark. She wasn’t seriously hurt, thankfully, but the hit definitely rattled something. Like, it’s especially odd when she licks our horns and says, “Well, that’s the best darned drumstick I’ve ever had!”

Mabel is as Mabel does, Mari P.

Comments

1. Von Zeppelin says:

“Now, honey, hold still. Uncle Herbert is going to take your picture, and you want your horn tips to look nice, don’t you?”
    “Jeeze, Mom, do you have to do this in front of everybody?!”

(Next she adjusted his necktie, which, being a giraffe, he especially hates.”

[ :lol: – Ed.]

2. I would love to see giraffes like that go on a donkey derby …

3. Oh no!!! ROFL

More schmutz? :D

4. Slurp! I love the “lick-hance”…

5. Maybe she thinks it’s a popsicle?

6. Maybe she’s a really tall rhodesian ridgeback.

7. The snozberries taste like… well.. giraffe nubbies… Mmmmmmmm

8. Moooo-o-ooooom!!!! :mrgreen:

9. Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom….

Reminds me of when I was a child. My mom used to wash my face to the point it was red before she realized they were freckles and not dirt!

10. Pasickie!

11. ya got a little somethin’ on yer horn there.

12. Resriechan says:

“Momma always say-ud, Life wuz lahk a box uh chawk-ulits….”

(My apologies to all from film “Forrest, Forrest Gump”……)

Related: would it be logical, to place the dialogue “Forrest, Forrest Gump” alongside the dialogue “Bond. JAMES Bond” in Classic Films 101? Discuss.)

Signed,
    NOT Martin Scorcese.

13. When I started reading I thought Mabel was the little one getting the “rapscallion” talk from her mother. I love giraffes. I want a giraffe, and well, someday I will have me a giraffe.

14. I love giraffes! They are one of the most unique and beautiful animals out there! I was always enamored with them because I’m really tall, too :)

15. Von Zeppelin says:

Katrina, I think what you want to say is “As God is my witness, I’ll never be giraffeless again.”

16. Von Zeppelin-

“Frankly, Scarlett, I give a damn. And, I want a giraffe.”

“MWAH” to you and yours, VZ.

17. 260Oakley says:

That’s a tall order, Katrina. But it’s good to stick your neck out every once in a while.

18. Yes, Mabel is marvelous, but it’s the look on the kid’s face that slayed me.

19. I went to a zoo in Florida in June of 2004, and I got to feed the giraffe! Yes, their tongues are dark purple, and they’re also very long and rough!

20. I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It’s my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now.

I wanted to be the first to find a Golden Giraffe, Daddy!

All right, where is it? Why haven’t they found it?

I want it now! What’s the matter with those twerps down there?

Make them work nights!

They’re not even trying! They don’t want to find it! They’re jealous of me!

You promised, Daddy! You promised I’d have it the very first day!

I won’t talk to you ever again! You’re a mean father, you’ll never give me anything I want! And I won’t go to school till I have it!

Hey, Daddy, *I* want an Oompa Loompa Giraffe! I want you to get me an Oompa Loompa Giraffe right away!

I want an Oompa Loompa Giraffe now!

I want a party with roomfuls of laughter, / Ten thousand tons of ice cream, / And if I don’t get the things I am after, / I’m going to screeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEAM.

21. resriechan says:

@ Blondie;

VERY nice run-through, there!! I think you’d be PERFECT for the part!!

22. Just like my dad and the spit-bath in the middle of Union Square. :sigh:

23. I think Mabel is prepping the little giraffe for a shoot as an eyelash model.

24. curiouscreature says:

Loegria – that sounds like our zoo in my part of florida

25. Nubbular little babbeh seems resigned to Mama’s grooming/tasting; His dark eyes seem to say: “She always has to do this, everyday; she has no peace until she’s done warshing me….. *dreams* …… “One day I’ll be too tall for her to do this; it can’t come a minute too soon….. :shock:

26. Catsquatch says:

“Like, it’s especially odd when she licks our horns and says, “Well, that’s the best darned drumstick I’ve ever had!””

Ok, now I know for a fact that your trying to kill me here, Im laughing so hard I cant breathe……

;D

27. For anyone who’s interested – that’s not actually mom and baby, it’s big sister and little brother. She spends more time grooming him these days than their mom does.

28. Marianne from GA says:

“How many times has Mom told you to clean behind your horns? You know she’ll get mad if you go to school like that. Now hold still and let me finish. Geez, what a dork! I wish I didn’t have to ride the bus with my little brother!”

29. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Horn-nom!

30. oops, missed a shpot! *shlurp^^^

31. YUM! Giraffe ears are delicious!!!

32. @resriechan #21 – Amen girl! I can throw a great tantrum.

33. Giraffes are my favorite. couldnt resist a lick of the cuteness probably their signs of affection for babies. Baby has a sweat face.

NOOMmmm noommm

34. Love the look of ong-suffering on the smaller one’s face. He’s all like, “You see what I put up with? Is my life not the worst evar?!”

35. Slob on my knob!

36. LOL, Queequeg. :twisted:

37. I’d just like to say that I think “Mabel” would be a PERFECT name for a giraffe.

38. platedlizard says:

TALL BLONDES!

39. I have the photo of the giraffe mother kissing the baby…this doesn’t seem that much different, although a commenter says the sister does this grooming.

All such affectionate showings of love, and I find them so endearing. I guess I love giraffes, too, but I don’t need to own one. Or perhaps one day…