Someone’s Got a Case of the Mondays

Hey, Norton, what’s happening? Listen, I’m going to need you to not press snooze again, alright? Yeah, if you could go just ahead and get up and come into the office, that would be grrrreat.

That’s my stapler, Stephenson B.

Comments

1. I do not think he’ll be able to respond this second.

[OK now I know you're being cheeky. :P - Ed.]

2. I think he assumed it was Caturday and wasn’t coming in! But since it’s not, he needs to get up… Come on, up up up!! Yea, yea, you’re cute, but get up!! Come on…Hey…wait… He’s kind of cute… And that soft snoring is kind of relaxing… And look at those pouty lips… *yawn* Maybe we both should go back to bed… ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Office Space reference!! Big bonus points to Prong for making me LOL at 7 a.m. on a Monday morning.

4. resriechan says:

(Apologies to the M’s & the P’s for assoc. their classic with this very overwhelmed –poss hungover?– pup’s dilemma)

Every other day (every other day)
    Every other day of the week is fine (fine — yeah)
    But whenever Monday comes (but whenever Monday comes)
    You can find me cryin’ all of the time….

Monday, Monday — can’t trust that day
    Monday, Monday; it just turns out that way
    Oh Monday, Monday, won’t go away

Signed,
    Poignant Lyrics R Us.

5. Poor Norton Pugglesworth! His boss is soooo demanding. Doesn’t he know that being that adorabuhls is hard work???

6. Von Zeppelin says:

At least the pup has made it as far as the bedside table. That’s better than I do on some Mondays.

7. Andi from NC says:

Haven’t we all been there????

8. ..and when you get into the office, remember to put the cover sheet on your TPS report. (TPS=The Pug Show).

9. eep! dangling paw alert! :-)

10. Mommie needs to get off the phone with her sister, put the phone in cradle and come pet me.

11. Nothing short of a cattle-prod could get this sweetie to move an iota of an inch;
    (And heaven knows, we can’t even THINK about using that, or all the animal rescue groups would be on our back; :shock: ) ‘K: I THOUGHT about it; now a representative of each of the local animal welfare groups are on my back; and more are coming in by the truckload……!!!! :shock: :shock: (A serious note to nuffers: I was only kidding; I would never actually use a cattle-prod; It was just a feeble attempt at LEVITY….O, nevermind!!!)

12. yeah why dont you go ahead and come in sunday too mmmmkay?

13. LOL This was so me when I got up this morning..
    Heheheheheh!
    But an apple later, and a peruse on the cute overload and I am in fine working order now.

14. BiscuitMamma says:

Don’t forget your 15 pieces of flair.

15. pugletsrule says:

Excellent post Prongs! Love eet!
    My biggest puglet feels is necessary to rest his head on something if at all possible – like it is so much work to have to hold his head up. It’s either that or throwing the top half of his body over the arm of the couch – so dramatic.

16. That’s how I feel right now!

17. gah! this is exactly how i feel today. this is my last week of classes, work is piling up, but this made me feel a little better. thank you!

18. Courtney S. says:

@pugletsrule: my puggy wug is the exact same way.

19. niamh loft says:

he he that was me this mornin =) lol

20. And I said, I don’t care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I’m, I’m quitting, I’m going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they’ve moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn’t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it’s not okay because if they take my stapler then I’ll set the building on fire…

21. That pug is so a Milton…

22. It looks like he has a purple tag on his belly, but it’s probably just a nearby pillow.

23. Yup, that’s a Monday….[sigh]

24. AuntieMame says:

I hear ya, puggers. Mondays are teh pleh. :P

25. @ Katiedid: comment #20: so, so funneee….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

26. Move over Mr. Mc Snorggleson ! It’s my birthday & I’m going to join you !
    The cats can run the pottery today!

27. Baaaack to beddddddd

the force is strong with this one.

dangle dangle dangle

28. Now i feel sleepy

29. “I look in the obituaries, and if I’m not in them, I go to work. If I am in them, I call in ded.”

30. PS his name is NORTON????

31. nothing’s as cute as a dangle-paw!

32. Looks like you’ve been missing a lot of work lately.

I wouldn’t say I’ve been *missing* it, Bob.

33. Oh man, I am a zombie today, and all these pictures of sleepy animals are so not helping! This is cruel to inflict on us on a Monday!
    I stayed in bed late today because a soft, warm, purring kitty was draped over my neck, insisting I was not allowed to get up yet. (But when she realized that my getting up led directly to her and her colleagues being served breakfast, well, that was OK.)

34. BeckyMonster says:

This pup has NOT received his piece of cake…

35. This pup IS a piece of cake!

36. He just needs a “Jump to Conclusions” mat.

37. SusaninMI says:

I felt like this today!

38. @ Phill # 36: That’s the worst idea I’ve ever heard in my life…

39. At least he attempted to get out of bed. Better luck tomorrow!

40. 5^^now8ing says:

LOLOLOL! That movie actually made me like “D*mn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta” – SOO funny juxtaposed with nerdy guys beating up a copier!

I actually know a guy who was FIRED for making reference to a stapler and setting the building on fire in an email. :-o Seems the very people who need an Office-
    Space-sized dose of levity are the ones who’ve never seen it!

41. 5^^now8ing says:

That was s’posed to be a big-eyed “wow” face, but I’m a little smiley-icon-illiterate. The story is true!

42. Dr. Emile Schufhausen says:

Corporate Accounts Payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment!

43. resriechan says:

(not to be negative, but I feel moderately convinced that the writer of Comment #42 ….might *NOT* in actual fact, be Dr. Emile Shufhausen……
    hmmmmmmmmm)

44. LOL @ Theresa & Blondie!!!!

45. I have a case of the mondays, but throw in a foot of snow and the fact that it didn’t get above 7 degrees farnheit all day. But this cutie pie made me smile.

46. Queen of Dork says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUD BUG! :)

47. BiscuitMamma, that’s AT LEAST 15 pieces of flair… You don’t want to do just the bare MINIMUM, do you??? That would make you look like you really didn’t care, wouldn’t it?

48. Resreichan, what tipped off, the accent?

49. resriechan says:

@ Katrina: Funny, you should ask …

It’s partly because, to the best of my knowledge, Dr. Emil Schaffhausen is…. …how shall I say this? *ONLY* a name in a motion picture???

Not to mention, that in the film, another character FRAUDULENTLY presents self AS the Good Doctor…and then there’s the aspect of the film’s release in 1988 with M. Caine in his (perhaps well-aged) prime …and now it’s 20 years later; would he STILL be in operations (*snerk*) as a doctor?

Interesting factoids that I never knew, before doing an Internet search for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels film info….
    1: Film’s director? Frank Oz (The Muppets, ennyone?)
    2: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a remake of a film from the early 1960s…with Marlon BRANDO (?????) as one of the scamsters?????
    (“Interrrrrrrresting. Verrrrrrrry interesting!!”)

Signed,
    NOT George Cukor

50. My bulldog does things like this. If they can find a place to rest their copious jowlies, they will fall asleep on it.

51. Rich Fader says:

“No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you’d get your *** kicked sayin’ something like that, man.”

52. @Ed: (Re: Comment #1)
    Yep, you’re right. I -was- being cheeky (I could not resist; I could put another first post, and, this time, not break the “first” rule. The word “second” was too perfect.) How many people can resist that gold mine ?

BTW, I am too, too, too busy right now, and thus, cannot appear with further cheeky comments. But, and I say this with all seriousness — “I’ll be back”.

-Monterri

53. I think you mean someone’s got a case of the Bundays….

54. Sleepy Pug + reference to Office Space = EPIC WIN!!!!!!

55. What a wonderful photo! The composition is fabulous and the doggie is just perfect.