The Sloths Go to Disney World

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Sloths loved the rides that took minimal exertion. And for that reason, The Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups were a big hit:

sloth_in_red_bucket

“After this, I want to sink my claws into Mr. Toad and His Wild Ride!”

red_bucket_sloth
And while the mini-Sloths were riding away, the adults hit up EPCOT. First stop: Swiss Chard. Hydroponics.

sloth_in_basket

Are you happy now, Stacy?

Comments

1. Love the smiles in the first two pics, but great googly moogly–get a load of those nails in the third pic!

2. BEEP BEEP for the two bebehs

3. OMG the adorable baby sloth with the cutest twinkly eyes is killing me …

Sigh!!!
    Heavenly cute!

4. Okay and they really do look like little kids riding at disney land! Snicker!

5. BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I’m strong to the finish cuz I eats me spinach…

6. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

7. LoveyKittyMum says:

Precious baby peeg nosicles and shiney little black button eyes!

More bebeh sloths – PLEEEEEEZE!

8. @ LoveyKittyMum “More bebeh sloths – PLEEEEEEZE!”

I wholeheartedly agree!

9. biscuithead says:

Alan Alda sloth! LMAO!

10. sairentohiru says:

I LOVE sloths! I want to cuddle them and talk to them in baby talk. I saw one when I was in Costa Rica earlier this year, and people were staring at me as I stood underneath it and squeepled at it. I’m probably lucky it didn’t poop on my head!

11. Sloths USED to creep me out, but I’m slowly warming up to them. Which is the appropriate way to warm up to sloths, I guess.

12. OMG, the second baby looks like he is smiling – they are soooo sweet!

13. *sigh* :-)

14. sairentohiru, I’ll just join you in the squeepleing.

15. 5^^now8ing says:

No, I DIDN’T know Alan Alda looked like you! I actually think you’re a lot cuter.

16. P.S. Whenever I see a slot picture I always think about this comic http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF135-Volcano_Snails.jpg

17. paranoiagirl says:

Heavens to betsy! these sloths are frakking adorable.

18. AuntieMame says:

Maybe that’s what I should do…go to the amusement park with sloths and take things slowly. Then maybe I wouldn’t wind up feeling so headachy and sick every time. Bleah!

(Actually it’s because I get too hot and don’t drink enough fluids. But hey. A baby sloth can’t be a bad thing, can it?)

19. FAVORITE. DAFT-LOOKING. ANIMAL. EVAAR!
    I love sloths! They always look so “special” happy!

20. Are the little ones tall enough to go on the rides ? (Don’t worry, I won’t tell Disneyland!)

Is M*A*S*H still on ? What did I miss ? Pic#3 describes the episode wherein Hawkeye Pierce, tired of seeing so much meat, finally decides to go green.

(A M*A*S*H for a new generation! The generation of “perhaps it’s time we got the h*ll out of there”!)

21. BizzEEP!

22. I want to be reincanated as a sloth! They really know how to take it easy and enjoy life!

23. mr toads wild ride isnt there anymore :(

24. I love their sweet little self-satisfied smiles and their moist nosicles! I hope that first little guy manages to get his tea afterwards.

25. You know, they sleep 18 hours/day but party 24.

26. Baby SLOTHS!! Awww!!

There’s a grownup sloth living in the Vancouver Aquarium, in the Amazon Exhibit. He’s usually hanging up in a corner looking like a furry ball, and most tourists don’t even know he’s there. When he’s actually out and eating his fruit-on-sticks, it’s a big deal. :)

27. They always look SO HAPPY!! WHEEE!

28. They look like they are so happy! They have the cutest little chilled-out smile.

29. Sloth in Pic 1 (hovertext) asks: “Will we get tea afterwards ?”

Response: “Sure, but get out of the teacup first, or you will have your a$$ handed to you.”

Sloth in Pic 2 (hovertext) asks: “Am I sitting in a giant cherry Lifesaver{TM} ?”

Response: “Sure, but not if you want tea.”

Sloth in Pic 3 (hovertext) says: “For the millionth time… Please, like you don’t know Alan Alda looks like me.”

Response: “Alan Alda does not look like a boiled teabag”.

Moral of the story: If you want tea, don’t eat the leaves!
    (The End)

30. I think sloths know how irresistible they are. They way they look at you with beady eyes and perceptible smiles is like a challenge not to think “awww”.

31. *dies* *Then dies some more* Sloths are absolutely my favorite animals. I “adopted” two at my local zoo and I go to visit them pretty often. I call them “my boys” and I can’t get enough of them! Thank you for posting these pics…you totally made my day!!

32. Did the Sloths all rent EVCs, they’re like the electric driving scooter things. Great for teh lazy and uh, people who need it.

33. bookmonstercats says:

What type is the brown fuzzy sloth, with the big smilinks, in the first piccy? *Singing horribly off key* “You’re the one that I want (you are the one I want) ooh ooh oooh… you’re the one that I want..(etc…) You’re the one I need, oh yes indee-hee-heed.”

Thank goodness that ear worm’s gone…. *Slinks away grumbling under breath about ear worms*

34. bookmonstercats says:

PS Prongs, how DO you do it? First Grandpa Munster, now Alan Alda. Are you a part time police identi-kit-sketch artist with a good eye for faces or somethin’?

35. Somebody needs to trademark “Sloth-in-a-Bucket”.

36. omg omg omg SQUEEEEEEE! Cuuuuutttteeee leeeeeeetttle slooooooooooths! I love their fuzzy little faces!

37. the bug man says:

bookmonstercats: “What type is the brown fuzzy sloth, with the big smilinks, in the first piccy?”

It’s the cute type, of course.

No seriously, that earworm-inducing sweetie in the first photo is probably a Linnaeus’ two-toed sloth. Which makes me envy Linnaeus.

38. I would lurve to have tea with Sloth #1, and I’d like to hang out with Sloth #2 because he looks like Ringo. RINGO. Not Alan Alda.

39. Omg. I know that sloth! That’s Buttercup the Sloth from Aviaros Del Caribe in Costa Rica. I had breakfast with her. :)

40. @Leilani: Actually, it was Sloth #3 which, according to the hovertext, looked like Alan Alda; but, according to my own joke, resembled a boiled teabag just as much (if not more so!)

41. Bookmonstercats says:

Thank you, the bug man. You’re clearly a scholar as well as a gentleman. Now I can rest easy and make the Linneaus two-toed sloth picture my desktop, although I will also have to go on a quest to find out who Linnaeus and why he name sloth. So, tipping my topi to you sir, I will away.