Not the Type of Head Shot She Had in Mind

After a dozen rolls of film, Amaryllis really thought that this one would be a keeper. That coy smile and twinkle in her eye were about to work pig wonders, and she knew it. Unfortunately, it was that apparent giant bullseye on her freshly coiffed ‘do that did her in.

Poor Amaryllis. Who knew that Big Bird could fly?

I wonder if Snuffy was riding sidecar, Riana P.

Comments

1. Super Cute!!!

2. OMG, i love any and all guinea pig posts. *beep* on the nose, and just look at those perfectly groomed toesies!

3. fish eye no miko says:

And after the photo shoot, she can eat the flower!

4. Glamour Shots! Needs more soft focus.

5. what a beautiful piggy!

6. Mystery google sent me! : D

[Mystery Google IS awesome. - Ed.]

7. Nice toes!

Today I can visit CO directly from China, yay! The power of Teh Qte defeated the censorship!

[I gather it kinda comes and goes, depending on who-knows-what, Great Firewall bleaargh snarfle frazzum rhubarb rhubarb bleen... but Hi! Cheers! - Ed.]

8. It’s like she knows exactly how beautiful she looks!

9. Awwww.

10. georgina0912 says:

What a pretty girl, and i love her name!

And also, is this a guinea pig? For the longest time i have thought that they look exactly like capivaras, miniature capivaras that is.

[Yes indeed, guinea pig. And I usually spell the other animal "capybara"; I think it's Anglicized. - Ed.]

11. Cute picture, makes me think of spring fashion and Easter hats, needed that this morning because its gray and wet and cold and windy where I am.

And I’m glad CO has triumph over censorship in China. CO should be required viewing for every head of state every day, maybe then they would be in a better mood and get along better.

12. OMG, what a sweet little face! She’s got that Mona Lisa thing going on and I’m totally smitten! *thud*

13. Oh dear, the big flower a la Sex and The City is sooo 90s! What she needs is a cute little plaid fedora. Or maybe a nice feathered headband.

Make it work, Amaryllis!

14. …and HELLO!!!! to Yang. Nice to see all sorts of global friends here at CO.
    Gigi is right…if leaders had more kittehs, puppehs and bunnies (mostly to disapprove of war) or any pet at all, the world would be a better place.

And yes, Mr Bigglesworth counts as a pet, although I am not sure he helped with the eeevil. :D :D

15. Sometimes accessories can ruin an outfit. Poor piggie!

16. Anony"mouse" says:

Cute (fine, really really cute), but I really don’t get the caption you put…. can someone explain, possibly?

17. Love the smile on this little critters face!

*waves*

Hi Yang! :-)

18. Wow–that truly is a coy little smile! And the name Amaryllis? Sweeeeet!

19. This Guinea Pig sure knows she’s on camera. What a pose!

@Yang: Glad you could make it to C.O. Don’t let “them” know about it, though.

What a horrible video in post #12. What’s the point of that ?

20. And why is this post tagged as “Gee-ross!” ? Must be some kind of mistake.

21. 260Oakley says:

Anony”mouse”: I believe the caption is referring to Big Bird’s sidekick, Snuffleupagus.

22. And the winner of America’s Next Top Model is….. GUINEA!!!!! *screaming and running mascara ensues*

What a cutie patootie!!!!

23. StormCat…I was thinking the same thing. That pig is “smizing” all the way to the bank!

24. Welcome to the World of Cute, Yang! Your access to all things cute has made my day. Seriously!

25. Courtney S. says:

Anony”mouse”: The text is referring to the John Hughes film “Pretty in Pink,” starring Molly Ringwald and John Cryer. I guess you have to see the movie for it to make sense.

26. Courtney S. says:

Hah! Many apologies! I linked to the wrong post! No, the guinea pig has nothing, in fact, to do with “Pretty in Pink.” Even though she is very pretty.

27. MissKitty says:

Hehe… what an adorable little face. I for one think she looks quite proud of her little hat.

28. Aaawwww.

29. How cute!! How did she get her piggaloo to do this? Mine would have had the flower totally devoured before I would even be able to get off the first pic!

30. I believe the tag is a reference to Big Bird pooping on sweet peeg’s head. But I, instead, choose to see a butter rosette.

31. 5^^now8ing says:

I think the word “prosh” was coined just so we could apply it to this dainty little beauty!

32. 5^^now8ing says:

And hooray Yang vs. censorship!

33. Amaryllis has obviously been watching “America’s Top Model”. She should be up there next to Tyra, giving tips on posing for the camera.

34. spongebrooke says:

piggy lips! piggy lips! =D

35. CoconutCheez says:

Oooo what a beautiful sweet little piggie! I have have three Boys that I would like to introduce to her! (assume it’s a “she”) and they will make beautiful baby piggies :D

36. What a beautiful piggie!

Welcome Yang!

37. @ffleur: I admit that I did not ‘get’ the title at first, probably because the “butter rosette” really does not resemble, er, something else. That explains the “Gee-ross!” tag, but does not excuse it. Nobody’s perfect, though.

Hooray to whoever is “- Ed.” today for removing the bad video which used to occupy post#12.

38. Amaryllith! Amaryllith!! (remember “The Music Man”?)

39. Where are my comments? :cry:

[No worries, just misrouted. Fixed. - Ed.]

40. Oh, there they are. Der der der der.

41. 5^^now8ing says:

So, Ed., were Theresa’s comments in the other CO dimension?
    Seriously, what gives with that? (See my posts on the bunny-kitteh-UFO pic if you don’t know what I’m talking about). There are a bunch of posts on the picture-click-accessed dimension for the froggy-doggy pic, now, too.
    Doo-doo-doo-doo…. (Twilight Zone theme, in case you don’t recognize the tune.)

42. ::groan:: i had to read this a couple times before i understood.

43. Amaryllis the Guinea Pig is gonna *roast* Big Bird for being such a party-pooper…!

@5^^now8ing: The ‘other dimension’ is like a software ‘feature’ which is not meant to be used. Perhaps they’ll fix that before long.

44. I browsed CO via rss reader or a proxy(to see your comments), while troublesome but hey, the cute was worth it.
    And I think “they” will be *ded* from the cute before get me on this ;)

45. 5^^now8ing says:

Monterri — Cool! I love software “features.” So those of us with the requisite super powers (i.e., who happen to stumble upon the “feature”) can have our own private conversations in the other CO dimension? Ooooh….

46. Bookmonstercats says:

I feel pretty
    Oh so pretty

…. and she knows it.

47. I would just like to point out that Amarylis in one Adorable Piggy-poo and (yes i did say that)

and she is rockin the fashionista world with her piggy style

48. i have to say, i don’t always “get” alot of the references here.
    but i just go with the qte pictures.

where the heck has NOMTOM been???

[Writing captions for the 2011 calendars. Yep. - Ed.]

49. Ceejoe yeah sometimes I miss a lot of them.. but I sure got the Sesame street one even though my kids are now in their twenties.

and I noticed she is posing just like snuffy… only with out the snufflupagus nose.

50. resriechan says:

(aw, shux. The ever-amazing Theresa was online sooner than I, and *beat me, to the* “Music Man” “Amaryllith!” ref……and Theresa, I absolutely know,
    that YOU know, that it’s Ronnie Howard, about when he was enjoying living in Mayberry, RFD with Andy Griffith…but maybe it will be a “new fact” to some of the younger cuteness peeps here …..or maybe not)

Signed,
    Amaryllith Forever

51. I’ll be gosh darned if that’s not one of the cutest photos *evah*.

52. @5^^now8ing: Yes. Those of us with the requisite “superpowers” can, upon the discovery of this unintended technical “feature”, take advantage of this, and ultimately disrupt the normal flow and function of C.O.

Given your ‘apparent’ confusion in earlier posts concerning this ‘feature’, I was only trying to help. Even though I am not one of the Moderators.

I don’t appreciate sarcasm. ;-)

53. What a beautiful little girl!

54. BTW, where did the smiley in my post #52 come from ? I thought that an ASCII representation would appear.

55. Rainbowmomerath says:

Oh. So. Snorgle. So cute!

56. resriechan says:

@

I don’t appreciate sarcasm, either. However as a very regular commentor at CuteOverload (about a year’s worth of almost daily)…let me hasten to reassure you:

5now8 IS ONE OF THE KINDEST & gentlest people I’ve EVER corresponded with. I would say that I’ve NEVER seen ANYTHING from her that I would consider sarcasm (which by my definition is supposed “humor” which contains an edge which intends to show the person making the “joke” feels SUPERIOR TO the person receiving the comment). PLEASE read many many more exchanges and get a better sense of someone’s intent before saying something hurtful again to 5now8. I would personally guarantee you $100 of my own cash that I’ve never seen ONE item from 5now8 in which her intent was to be derogatory to OR about anyone.

Cuteoverload does happen to be a website on which humor is the main sub-theme of both the posted pictures, the captions, and to many of the comments under every pic. And there have been MANY moments when I have seen a comment here which I felt might be intended hurtfully. When I ASKED about the comment, rather than assuming the purpose of the commenter, it has very often developed that there was a double entendre to either a quotation from a title in literature, or dialogue from some film that I’d never seen or else to a current story in the news.

I STRONGLY advise you that you maybe watching an entire day’s exchanges under a post …sometimes the other person didn’t immediately return to that post to realize that their book/ film/ current events sub-reference was not obvious to the other person…..Please DO NOT accuse 5now8 of any unkind intent again; if you do not see the reason behind a phrase, please consider opening an additional internet search screen (by the way “Ask” searchscreen is VERY good for searching/ research & doesn’t have all the advert’s etc. It was based on “Ask Jeeves” )……use the phrase in a query to Ask or Google or even go to Wikipedia. 99 percent of the time here on CO, things turn out to be a very gently intended & then highly humorous reference to a book, film, music or current events phrase.

Example: two weeks ago another commenter and I were pretending we were ER nurses attending all the people in CuteOverload who were saying the current pic was so cute that their head had exploded or they had died from the extreme cuteness. I suggested that we install an internal defibrillator in a commenter who said he had had a heart attack from the cute pic. A moderator responded WITH FUNNY INTENTIONS by referring to Vice President Cheney. I HAD NO IDEA why he said that. When I went to Google & searched Cheney and defibrillator……turns out I didn’t know that a defibr. had just been installed into VP Cheney & that was a news item about which I was entirely unaware.

With — truly — all due respect,
    (But 5now8 is a VERY gentle soul; I’ve had several lovely exchanges with her)

Leslie Thomas aka Resriechan
    Jacksonville Florida.

(climbs down off soapbox)

(sorry for the length, peeps & Editors. )

Peace Out.

57. resriechan says:

(oops — I forgot to fill in the commentor’s name.
    This was written to Monterri/ comment # 52)

58. Does anyone else think Amaryllis looks a bit like a capybara at this size?

[Skim & scroll up through the comments; I think you'll find your validation - Ed.]

59. georgina0912 says:

Hi anner, yes, i also think they look like capivaras …and i love Capivaras too…they are all so cute!

60. Gak! Adorable peeg mouth! Want to cuddle the piggie (I have two now, but in the past I had one named Snuffy after Snuffleupagus!)!!!

61. 5^^now8ing says:

@ resriechan – Why, thank you so much for such a strong defense of my intentions! You are so sweet! I must admit, when I read Monterri’s comment, my heart sank that she/he thought I had any kind of evil intent. I try to add smileys & such to my comments because I know it’s easy to misinterpret written comments. So I totally understand, Monterri, that my words were easy to misinterpret (in other words, I’m not mad or anything, just sorry I wasn’t clear).

I was just trying to fool around in a light-hearted way and poke a little fun at the eeriness of a seemingly other CO “dimension.” I really just wanted to make sure the Eds. knew about the glitch, because I’d never noticed it before, and it seems a shame that people might post there and not have their comments seen.

Please to forgive, Monterri! ;-)

62. 5^^now8ing: Thank you. Apologies. Sheesh, looks like I haven’t yet absorbed enough Cute Overload. I admit that I’m jaded, and that comes from experience, but…enough of that.
    resreichan: You’re right. I’ll be more careful in the future. Thanks!

63. MissVicki says:

That flower looks like its’ made of Buttercream Icing!

64. No one has said it yet, so I will. She’s READY for her closeup, Mr. DeMille! 8-)

65. Rad_Rosa89 says: