Hamster for a Day!

Call your travel agent:  A hotel in Nantes, France lets guests feast on hamster grain, run in a giant wheel and sleep in hay stacks in a suite designed to resemble a hamster cage.  Judging from these absolutely-100-percent-genuine-no-honestly-would-we-lie-to-you photos, the level of detail is amazingly lifelike.

Photos of “Gadget” from Arlene F., who’ll be getting extra mints on her pillow.

Comments

1. Teh cheek pouches are gonna esplode!
    DO WANT!

2. Is that ham wearing an orange peel?

3. Whatta face!!!

4. @Birdcage: Sure looks that way, and the expression on his face of “Does this seem right to you?” exactly mirrored my own. My face isn’t quite so adorable, mind you!!

5. nicefrenchgurl says:

CRAZY-FRENCH-PEOPLE
    lol
    ive seen it on tv, i dont think the bathroom was in the corner of the room though

6. @doggabone – But your pug face IS just that adorable!

7. Jess&Friends says:

I want to make reservations asap! Does each room come with its own complimentary hamster? Do they have people come in to pet the guests?

8. Jess&Friends says:

Also, ham tongue in the first picture! *points out the obvious*
    Tres cute : )

9. I’ll stick with my regular vacation plans, thank you very much.

10. Oh, and might I add, if the package was “live like a cat for a day”, that would be a whole different story.

11. Andi from NC says:

The face in pic two – perfection!!!

12. LOL these photos are MUCH better than the feature photo on the Telegraph’s article.
    It’s very helpful to obtain promotional photos using professional models such above. :-D

13. “Gadget” is a brilliant name for a hammie! :D

*humming Inspector Gadget theme song*

14. Now doggabone, don’t sell youself short…I’m sure your punum is as cute as the pupeleh’s and the hamster’s!

15. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Does the cost of the room include the hamster outfit, or is that an extra charge?

16. Mamamclain says:

Tres Ham-nifique!

17. Oh, I heard about this hotel on “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” this weekend and was all excited to get here today and see if other people had heard about it. I should have known y’all would be right on top of it!

18. “Often, the adults who come here have wanted or did have hamsters when they were small,” said Mr Falquerho, who was dressed as a hamster. “

19. DON’T GO! Nantes is a frigid hell-hole. There were literally two buildings left after the end of the war, so the city was rebuilt with all the charm blocks of concrete can reveal. Go to real Brittany, like Gwenedeg. Have honeyed crepes (krampouezh) and mead. Nantes is an industrial estate by the sea.

20. Gadget is a great name for this cute little hamster!

@Argyle Donkeypants: Perhaps the hammie costume is treated like a bathrobe. If you take it with you, you pay for it, but if you leave it there, there’s no extra charge…?

21. @Katrina, Birdcage: It’s a pretty enough face, my mug, with a twinkle in the eye and a charming, lopsided grin. But it’s not as “awwww” cute as my wrinkle dog icon, nor as “gee whiskers!” adorable as a ham. I’m aspiring to more of a “stylish and handsome” look. ;)

22. metzdarling says:

Those aren’t mints on the pillow. :shock:

23. I am sitting in my office wearing an orange peel right now as I type this and, oddly, no one thinks I’m cute. :-(

24. doggabone- sounds wonderful to me…cute is as cute does, doggabone.
    Birdcage-No? But I bet your office smells great!

25. That is the {insert word} thing! Not the pics of the hammie, mind you, those are cute n all, but the hotel? Makes me think the honeymoon suite is for the peeps who – what do you call it- like to dress up as plush toys? There’s a name for that. It’s a rather unusual er, penchant.

26. Paunchie killed the comments with that plushie remark. Sorreh.

27. resriechan says:

@ metzdarling:

28. LOL @ Birdcage!!

29. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Gadget Gadget [in robot voice].

30. kittennoms says:

Yup, I listened to NPR on saturday, too!

31. kibblenibble says:

This looks like one happy hammy! Look at the Qte “paw up” in pic three! Awwww!

32. @SW
    ” said Mr Falquerho, who was dressed as a hamster”
    OK, this is one of the greatest quotes of all times.
    Must go to Nantes STAT.
    Actually, I’ve been to Nantes, but the hamster hotel wasn’t available at that time.

33. That is soooooooooo cute! I love hamsters!

34. virginie f says:

Ha ha ! that’s my home town and one of the guy’s designer of the hotel has my last name !!!! No wonder !