Oh, I’ll Wait

Heeerrrrrre, birdie, birdie, birdie. At some point, you’re going to need a drink of this niiiice water I brought you. Maybe not in the next minute, maybe not in the next hour. But I’ve got alllllll day, boys, and you’re the only thing on my calendar.

Unfortunately he realized too late that he was waiting for woodpeckers.

The early cat gets the bird, Karen M.

Comments

1. I don’t really get the woodpeckers joke…is it because the woodpeckers don’t live in the little bird houses? *scratches head*
    (looks)
    Oh a kitty!!

2. kitty adds a beautiful color to the garden too.

3. “Nevermind the bird bath behind me, you want this water I brought you.. this is um… SPECIAL water.. It makes you more deliciou… er… clean.. and less thirsty!”

4. Queen of Dork says:

What a beautiful photo!

5. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Woodpeckers?! Ha-ha-ha-HAAA-ha! :D

6. I think it’s because the woodpeckers would probably defend themselves and peck the heck out of the kitty!

That is one patient kitty! Perhaps it is like watching bird-o-vision.

7. The hovertext is the best! :)

Methinks kitty needs some camouflage.

8. Kitteh is patiently waiting for the matinee showing of “The Birds

[RLA ;) - Ed.]

9. I need help with the woodpecker joke too, but I’m pretty much always slow about most things!

Kitty is watching that the way my cats used to watch the wall the chipmunks lived in.

10. D’oh guys, com’on! The woodpeckers can escape out he back!

11. Hilarious!!!!

12. I love this! What an awesome shot! :-)

13. resriechan says:

Marmie kitteh & beautimous foliage !!!

14. Von Zeppelin says:

Cat Jedi mind tricks: “There is no cat in front of the birdbath. You are not a woodpecker.”

15. Just out of shot: the birds drinking and frolicking in the bird bath.

16. Maybe he already ate! Now he is washing it down! Dont see any signs of life in the woodpecker community. Or maybe they already left town? Smart idea. Rough neighborhood.
    My kitty does not allow anything bigger than an ant in his yard!

Beautiful kitty!

17. I love the way he’s positioned himself against a mostly harmonious background with just a touch of orange from the flowers to echo his coat, and that little splash of contrasting blue in the foreground for drama.

18. What a beautiful kitty! I wish we could see his face. :(

I didn’t get the woodpecker thing either but then again, I can be a bit of a dolt. :D

19. Beats watching TV.

20. Love that garden!

21. Bad kittie! You leave those birdies alone!

22. I’m thinking the woodpeckers would defend themselves. They’d fly up and peck his head.

23. I think the woodpeckers have fashioned themselves elaborate back doors with silencing latches and little spiral stairways leading to tunnels that will emerge right behind kitty where they will pounce on him and give him a good pecking.

24. paranoiagirl says:

@Von Zeppelin -from inside the wee houses “These are not the birds you are looking for.”

25. The Urban Cowboy says:

HaHa…that’s one smartie cat!

26. Von Zeppelin says:

@paranoiagirl–(Imperial Storm Trooper Cat wanders off distractedly. Birds go on to the Cantina for a few drinks)

27. I thought the bowl in front had white wine in it because smart kitteh sommaliers know to pair white wine with their poultry.

28. What a big fluffy foofers.

yeah, you heard me.

29. resriechan says:

@ Dash: You have writing skillz !!

30. KIttehsMom says:

Here birdie-birdie. I don’t want to hurt you – I just want to eat you :-)

31. Oh man, “Cat Jedi mind tricks” … I’m just a little afraid of my cat staring at me just now.

*cupboard*
    *can opener*
    *dish*

32. My Claude used to do the same thing–go sit out under the bird feeder. The only way that cat ever would have caught a bird would have been if it walked up and surrendered. I always said he was waiting for a bird that was either reeeeeeeeaallly dumb or suicidal. (What the birds actually did was line up on the phone lines overhead and chatter at him in quite pissy tones.)

33. Queen of Dork says:

Juno: Mine sure caught one! Man, I thought every bird in the whole neighborhood was trying to rip my cat’s face off. He had to let it go because he was under serious bird attack!

34. I’m in yur gardin, watchn yur birdz

35. resriechan: Thanks!

36. QofD: Oh, I know lots of cats catch birds. I just meant this particular cat never would. He was a complete wimp and a city cat who had never been outside before–and this “outside” was only my paved-over, enclosed courtyard in Philly. Even there, he usually kept within a few feet of the door, which had to remain open (escape route) or he’d come unglued and start howling. Then after I moved, if I let him out he’d only walk on the sidewalk. As far as I know his paws never touched grass in his 21+ years.

37. Von Zeppelin says:

@Ray–So, your cat is using the power of the force for selfish purposes? I fear he has given himself over to Dark Side.

(Dom dom dom Dom da DOM Dom da DOM) (labored wheezing sounds)

I hope he doesn’t find your lack of faith disturbing. . .

38. Queen of Dork says:

Juno: Yeah. I understand that. I was kind of surprised my cat caught that bird that day. Actually REALLY surprised. When we would let my daughter’s hamster out in his little plastic ball, the cat was really scared and horrified of her.

39. @VonZep,
    it’s not my “lack of faith” he finds disturbing, it’s my lack of rapid compliance that annoys him the most.

40. Von Zeppelin says:

Ray, in any case, be careful. You don’t want your larynx pinched, like Admiral What-His-Face. Perhaps your best move is to get that cat food out as rapidly as possible. An opportunity to oppose your feline overlord may arise at a later time.

41. Queen of Dork says:

Ray: Here’s the problem with my cat. Unless his bowl is TOTALLY overflowing full with food, he stands in the kitchen and cusses me out. Until I give in. Dang. He’s so bossy.

42. I was getting the “flat-ears-with-laser-eyes” look from him since there were only 4 kibbles left in his dish from the “early snacky” that he got earlier.

I’m kind of humoring him today since yesterday was his once a year trip to the vet. He doesn’t take vet trips too well since that one time he had a bad reaction to his rabies shot.

43. Sneaky beast.

44. Patient , kitty is patient … Or maybe is really lazy :D

45. Queen of Dork says:

Ray: Mine has set rules for me. such as “no other pets of any kind allowed” He almost kicked me out when I got the hamster a few years ago. He’s just soooo bossy.

46. resriechan says:

Hi QoD: due to “technical difficulties”, I wuz unexpectedly offline for a couple of hours (for term “technical difficulties”, please read: “Ely” !) sent you a little email – nothin much ….

47. Paws and Claws says:

What a cute and also beautiful picture! I just home no birdies become his lunch :/

48. Paws and Claws says:

*hope

49. Awwww, a sweet fluffy marmie. I’m sure his intentions are absolutely honorable. LOL

I luff fluffy marmies and I am trying to collect the whole set.

50. :lol: That kitty must think he/she has found an all-you-can-eat buffet :lol:

51. Paws and Claws says:

The chick trying to fly away in the other post probably heard about this kitty!

52. You sure those were woodpeckers and not Cassawaries? Tiny Cassawaries of dooom?

53. I have a matching pair of not so fluffy marmies. Me loves them. They’re demons, but they’re cute demons.

54. KatieZientek says:

One day that kitty really will kill a bird. Birdbaths should never be concealed amongst lots of foliage. Didn’t they read The Wonderful World of Birdbaths before setting it up? I’m not worried about those birdhouses because chances are, no bird is going to nest in them due to their poor placement.

That’s enuff from me. [chuckles at own wit]

55. That cat doesn’t have a chance at cathing a biod from there, but it is a cute picture!

56. This cat looks like my cat. Therefore, I love this photo.
    *goes off to snuggle her cat*

57. Reminds Me of Tht Game Show- Is The Bird Behind Door # 1; Door # 2; Or, Door # 3 ?????

58. whats he lookin at??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

59. This photograph is really beautiful.