Puppy Dog Eyes, Definish of

“So-called ‘puppydog eyes don’t exist!” you say. “PROVE IT” you say. “Prove it with photography from various Sender-Inners!”

OK then. Here goes:

DSCN1864

DSC02845

DSC_0317

329

DSC00562

Higgs waking up

Jack the Pup

100_2078

SarahJaneSad

CASE CLOSED!

Maverick the Anatolian Shepherd Dog by Kristin S. Black and white pup eyes look up by Amanda M. Irish Setter pupples by Paige P. Snow puppydog eyes by Amanda G. Bailey M. sent us puppy Stuart’s eyes. “Higgs Waking Up” is the work of Aurélia M. Jack the Pup is by Phoebe E., and finally, Gavin the Bernese Mountain Dog Puppulence is by Corliss. Final pup added last minute: Beagle mix by Martha P. ;)

Comments

1. punkinberry says:

I think pup #3 is the EXACT embodiment.

2. Being a weenie doag Mama, I see this a million times a day.
    They easily get whatever they want.

Always.

3. Elisha B. says:

AAAWWWWWW!!!!! I ‘m in love with the pups!!!!! Makes your heart just melt :)

4. Baegle! Eeee! 2 Baegles! Eeeeeeee!
    (yes, funny accent misspelling on purpose)

5. Pup-eye! Soul-ful. Melt-you….. Sigh. ;-)

6. Puppeh in the snow has keeeeled me!!
    The qtness dial has definitely been turned up to 11.

7. *takes notes*
    Is this going to be on the final?

8. oh, puppy dog eyes exist alright, and when my 14 year old ‘puppy’ flashes them at me I’m willing to do ANYTHING he wants!

9. Check out the turnout on pup #5. First position!

10. resriechan says:

Ich habe drei Questionen fur du, Meg.
    (but I’ll ask them, in English!)

1) Can you provide hard print documentation, of WHEN *I* said there weren’t “puppy dog eyes”????? (Not sayin’ it di-unt happen, jist that I don’ rightly reco-member sayin’ that-thar.)

2) Do these Exhibits labelled “Puppy Dog Eyes” replace & displace any prior CO Posts which might have made similar claims about other pooches in the past?

Thank you for clarifying these issues.
    Signed,

“Awwwwwwww, wooooookit da widdle puppy-wuppies !!! Dey’re SO KEEYOOOT”
    (and furthermore)

11. doggabone says:

I don’t know what crazy peoples have been saying puppy dog eyes don’t exist, but that’s my best relationship saving move. I think I’m going to sticky-tape these ferpect examples to my bathroom mirror for my next practice session.

12. resriechan says:

(oh, and FWIW, I vote for # 7 as the Ne Plus Ultra of puppydogeyedom; also I vote for a “Baroo?” for # 1: and also, perhaps, a “Cute or Sad” Tag for the whole lot of’em….)

thanyeverrmuch.

Signed,
    (Not) Elvis Presley

13. Face down, then look up.
    Droopy velvet ears help too.
    We pwn yr @$$3$.

14. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGLE!

15. TrixandSam says:

Dag-nabit! So it’s a conspiracy! All dogs know this trick!

My little Bichon gurl Trixie tried to convince me it was her special look, just for me. Then she taught her rescue brother, Sam, The Look.

What, do they all go to a special training program????

16. I’ll take them all, thank you!

(After reading the hovertext, I now have “I’m Pup-eye the sailor man…” banging around in my head…)

17. resriechan says:

(nice syllable count, there, Theo :) )

(and the words are cool too)

18. #6, #7, and #9 are the 3 finalists for the title, IMO. They should all have little sashes proclaiming them to be Ms. or Mr. Puppydog Eyes. Wow they have more that satisfied my need for cute for today. Actually, #1 through 5 and #8 are also giving me those eyes. Dogs are just the best! As someone said, one of God’s very best gifts to us. Thank you for this precious posting!

19. Is it possible for a kitty to have ‘puppy dog eyes’? I swear my grey Tabby gives me those exact looks! I call them his guilty looks but these pics made me change my mind.

20. Flavia A. says:

*melts*

21. OH.

MY.

GOD.

The first little guy pushed me right over the edge. I’m just now climbing my way back out. :shock:

22. Not cool cute overload. I have a Very Important Test in 30 minutes and now I won’t be as good at it because I have turned to mush. Thanks a lot, jerks.

23. That’s how they get ya, showing the whites of their eyes. My cat does does puppy-eyes sometimes.

24. ok ok OKAYYYY!!!!! i get it! pleez stop! you are keeelingk meeeee!!!!!!

25. Not to mention the opportunities for beeping. I can hardly control myself!!!

26. paranoiagirl says:

Squee indeed. My dog has this look down pat :D

27. I totally hear *plink plink* from all of those puppydog eyes!!!!

28. THUD !

29. Nellie's Mom says:

Without a doubt the CKC Spaniel has to MOST effective eyes. They speak of deep sadness, skimpy meals and a dreadful lack of warm laps to sit in.

30. It’s hard for other puppeh breeds to compete with the beagle puppehs in this category…

31. “Big Al says that dogs can’t look up!”

32. Oh, that second guy with the strokeable nosible does it for me.

33. Shazza and Katie, mine too. I call that his “hang-kitty look” and when he gives it to me I have no choice but to pick him up and shower him with kisses to reassure him.

34. The first E (#5)- What is that, a blonde Doxie? That’s the one that does it for me!

[And you best believe they know it, too. - Ed.]

35. I dont wanna pick!
    1 looks so sad :(~~~~
    My doggie is really good at this too. Gets away with eeeverything!

36. *sniff* I tawt you wuved me! *sniff*

37. KIttehsMom says:

Pupper dog eyes make me swoooooonnnnnnnnnn…….

38. catloveschanel says:

I’M MELTING………………….. Torture tactics on prisoners of war. Name…Rank….Serial # Beagle looks ok! OK! I’ll talk

39. fearthebear says:

I don’t know… the Berner looks rather disapproving to me. Maybe he’s thinking, “but I don’t wanna be a pirate!”

40. I can’t even look at #5 without feeling guilty. I’ve been horribly, horribly neglectful, I know. I’m sorry. I SAID I’M SORRY–FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!

41. Those puppeh eyeses
    are killing me softly with
    their sad songs of woe

42. KatieZientek says:

Sadly, Prick-Eared puppy dog eyes were not shown. I demand more evidence! =D

43. The last one did it.. it melted my heart!

44. Strangely, I feel as if I should have a cookie somewhere… or a sausage…

45. shahinrani says:

Maverick the Anatolian Shepherd Dog wins the Saddest Puppeh Evar award.

(And AmyJ at #16… me too.)

46. please tell me no puppehs were harmed in the taking of these photos….FOR THE LOVE OF GODDDD!!!! and give them whatever they want.

47. One glance up at me
    A sidelong look at my turkey sandwich
    Again, the pup-eye pwns me.

48. Oh my oh my. The second last one with the skeleton towel around his shoulders…..
    The fuzzy head. The slight head tilt. The upward glace as if to say “Whatevs Mom!”.

Oh…… I feel faint.

49. Dying! The cuteness is killing me! Someone call 911!

50. Gavin is lethal. I needs me some smelling salts…

51. Eyes of puppy woe
    make hard hearts twinkle and glow
    melts my heart just so

52. Mary (the first) says:

Yes, “Gavin” would be more effective with his skeleton scarf if he didn’t look QUITE so adorable. Who could possibly be scared of that? Scared I’ll turn to mush, is all.

53. Mary (the first) says:

@KittyAdvent. .. AWWWWWWWW

54. LaureninGeorgia says:

Makes me want to go home to my 95 pound lapdog

PS – my ex-bf has that look sometimes too – how can he do that when he’s 5 inches taller than i am??

PPS – it works when he does it too

55. I even detect at least one example of Princess Di eyes!

56. JC, I was thinking the same thing! Princess Di eyes!
    My Iris does puppy dog eyes http://www.twitpic.com/nhfw6

57. YAY my berner baby made it on the site! Well not so much of a baby anymore..he’s 120 pounds now…>_> thats still cute right?
    And yesh he was having his little temper tantrum of ‘I dun wanna be dried off!’ and ran around the yard with his skelly cloak..hee hee! I always thought he looked more ticked then “OMGPUPPAHEYES!” XD

58. *runs out to buy doggie treats by the case; at least one case per set of eyes*
    “oh, and belly rubs, OK, and let you out, and back in and back out…no prob.”

59. OH, and Beep, beep, beep… etc.

I think i lost control somewhere along the line….

60. KittyMarthaPoo says:

OH MY GOD I CANNOT PICK.
    Ok, I gotta pick the last one only because he looks SO much like our own beloved Bailey Anne :)

61. My perfectly wonderful Friday has now become momentous!!!! Swoon!

62. I think that last one looks more guilty than sad/pleading. Like he knows he’s been a bad, bad dog.

63. Puppy #5 is a corgidor. A lab mixed with a corgi…don’t ask me how… :P

64. I LOVE DOGS! this post just sent me over the edge….

65. resriechan says:

@ Juno/ #40

You haz descriptive skillzzzzz……

66. :O

Whenever these insane posts of overwhelming cuteness happen, I get this strange overwhelming sensation in my chest that makes me feel like my head is about to ‘splode.

Anyone else get this?

I don’t know whether to cry, to curl up in a ball of cute coma, or…

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67. Too cute. I have died.

68. resriechan says:

Aaaaaaaaand: (“Second verse, same as the first”):
    Please click here for personnel assigned to gather the bodies of the recently deceased. Thank you.

The “Not Quite Dead Yet” Department

69. OMFG! I now must take my two year old German Shepherd Dog and reorient her on my bed to head up instead of butt up so that I can scrumple her ears and patisserie her jowls, both to oblivion so to make her happy.

These doggies have maximum qtes!

But, of course, as le cheins age, approximately at six months of age, they do the expression of bowel gases when asleep. Unfortunately, all of my doggie friends orient to face the bottom of the bed. I think they do not like their own farts, but farting in the general direction of my head is a process of affection.

I will strive to reorient my Bailey dog’s head to rest on my pillow so as to look into her eyes so that she knows my affections.

70. beagles do puppydog eyes the best

71. PROOVD!!!!!! *splat*

72. I AM EEN LUV. The Bernie…. his face! He’s all, “Get this OFF before I HURT you. NOW.”

Resrie, (I love your name!) Teho did get the count right. The last word is plural.

I am LOVING the puppeh overload lately…. it makes my heart go squee. Whee! (couldn’t resist.)

73. resriechan says:

Hi Muttlover!

Thanks for the lovin’ on the nickname!!! It’s one of “my favorite things” that my family brought back, from being stationed in Hayama & in Yokosuka Japan ca 1968-1970 (FWIW; the other family members were also in Japan in the 1950s; one sister was actually BORN on an Amer. military base in Japan then)

…& in truth, I was bein’ straight w/ Theo!! — no punchlines or anything; really did like his haiku !! Every now & then I try to tangle things up by saying something w/o a clever motive — keeps question marks hovering over peoples’ heads & stuff!

74. Makes me want to start singing….”The look of love is in your eyes…”

75. Von Zeppelin says:

The little guy in the snow, in my opinion, wins the eyes competition.

I think this is a characteristic of all Dachshunds. I had a chance to do a head-to-head comparison of my dachsobeagle, Sam, and his pure wienerdog “cousins” a while back. They had a beseeching, vulnerable appearance at all times. Sam, on the other hand, has a slightly sly look about the eyes, like he’s wondering if you’ll notice that he just picked your pocket.

76. Queen of Dork says:

I think they’re all cute!

77. Little Pup with eye so sad
    You made my heart feel oh so bad
    So I will give you my tasty treat
    and watch your tail wag as you eat!

Because Puppies deserve all the poetry we can muster. ;)

78. love the cute!!!

79. Corliss, I am ashamed to admit I’d never heard of a Bernese Mountain Dog before this. Gavin is adorable!

80. nope, dogs are still vile. the eye thing is one of the nasty bits, you shouldn’t be able to see inside someone’s eyelids. kitties on the other hand…

81. Noelegy~ Dont worry about it, only now are they really becoming popular in the USA. They are a giant breed working dog, and are the best puppah’s in the world. Then again I’m bias XD Dogs 101 did a segment on them recently =D And thanks you! He was so adorable as a pupper, is now too heh

82. Corliss: Related to Great Pyrenees? Reminds me a little bit of my Rocky (Great Pyrenees/blue heeler mix) as a pupper.

83. The third one is definitely not an Irish Setter!
    Thats an English Cocker Spaniel!

84. Their so inisant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

85. Not to be picky or anything, but I don’t think all of those can be called puppy eyes. #2,3,5, and last one would qualify, the rest are just…normal eyes I guess, lol. My doggy gives the best puppy eyes, he’s got it down to an art form. Every time he does it, I feel all my resolve melting away and get this irresistible urge to give him whatever he wants…hahaha…he knows it too. I’m definitely going to have to send in a pic some time :p

86. *slowly goes through all pics*
    *faints*
    Too.
    Cute. :-D

87. They’re doing a segment on Bernese mountain dogs right now on “Dogs 101″ on Animal Planet.

88. Judy Belanger says:

Beagles are the best at puupy dog eyes – take it from me. I have had at times two sets of them trained on me. You have to give in then!!