Night of the Living Meerkats

Over here, guys!  Brains!  Braaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnns!

pumpkin_06.standalone.prod_affiliate.138

Braiiiinnnssss?  BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSS!!!!

pumpkin_03.standalone.prod_affiliate.138

Sorry, no more braaaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnsss…

pumpkin_05.standalone.prod_affiliate.138

From Halloween at the Bristol Gardens Zoo.  Photos by Matt Cardy/Getty Images.

Comments

1. Good sir, don’t mean to embarass you…but you got a little something on your face

2. Resriechan says:

(Generally not so much a Meerkat kinda gal — but: points for

1)THA POINTING FINGER!!!!
    2)Jack oLanterns in tha House…
    3) Tag Cherces …. (aka “Choices”) !!!!).

3. Once A Fish says:

I think that brain is Abby Normal.

4. berthaservant says:

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

5. Queen of Dork says:

berthaservant: Happy Halloween to your own self!
    Once A Fish: Roll in ze haaayyy, Roll in ze haayyyy!

6. Queen of Dork says:

In the second pic: Loving the little dude with pumpkin hanging off his lip! He’s all: nom. nom. nomnomnomnomnom. yum. *gulp*

7. Resriechan says:

@ QoD: I jist *KNEW* that with your cuisine preferences, you’d be all over this one! OK, so the Official List now includes: Liver/Onions, Cabbage….and Zombie Brains.
    Well, one thing’s fer shur; ain’t nobody gonna complain, about having to spend exorbitantly, taking you out for Din-Din !!

(Please click on the following link, for The Rest of the Story:) Thank you, ma’am.

8. Queen of Dork says:

Resriechan: (say with Homer Simpson voice. And drool on self) Liver. yum. Onions. ummmmmm. cabbage. arrrrgggghhhhllll.

9. kibblenibble says:

>:( He he.

10. Resriechan says:

(um, QoD, “ya know I luv ya ….but…have you still got those elegant monogrammed h’chiefs / h’chieves ?? from earlier? —please take care of the little bit of drool there, on your chin, ‘k????….No, on the OTHER side ….”)

11. victoreia says:

once a fis & QofD:

“Werewolf?”
    “There wolf……There castle.”

12. Resriechan says:

(& Victoreia:

don’t forget, about Dr. Frahnkensteen’s girlfriend’s “knockers” …!!!)

13. Queen of Dork says:

Peeps! I just got my first trick or treaters at my door! How much fun is this?! One little guy was dressed as Scooby-doo! Scooby-doo!!!!?? How freakin cute is that?! I’m LOVING this! Big handfuls of candy for EVERYONE!!!! Yay!!!!

14. Resriechan says:

YAY Scoobie !!! A+ for costume creativity & character choice!

15. Queen of Dork says:

*trying not to hyperventilate as adorably dressed little kids and their parents come to my door asking for candy* But…(deep breath.) They’re so freaking cute! The costumes! The smiles! The open bags begging for candy!!! Me…throwing candy in the open bags!! FUN!!!

*thunk*

16. Resriechan says:

Do ye need the Smelling Salts again, dear?
    Glad to know that you have a Cooperative Crowd of Cute !!!

17. Trabb's Boy says:

What??!? No medulla oblongata-hance? Happy Halloween!

[No, sorry; might I interest you instead in a medulla oblongata dance...? - Ed.]

18. Queen of Dork says:

I just gave candy to a vampire and a princess.

*thud*

19. The only candy I gave out was to grandkids. The first batch were dressed as Tinman, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and a teeny (4 mos old) Dorothy. The second batch were a ghostbuster and a ummm, not sure what he was but he had a big axe/scythe thingy with a dragon’s head on it.
    I hate that I live on a busy street where hardly anyone gives out candy, and the street behind is famous for both their abundance of the good stuff and scary candy giver-outers. No one wants to walk this whole block for the 2 people with their lights on.

20. DaytimeDeb says:

Oh My Cod photo #2 is hilarious! Sort of reminds me of when someone tries to feed seagulls at the beach and they all flock to one little spot for a morsel of bread. (For those of you who don’t know about this phenom, don’t try it. It’s straight out of a hitchcock movie, except what they don’t show you in the movie is that birds, um, lighten their load upon takeoff. Everybody around you will hate you.)

21. Queen of Dork says:

Patty: Giving out candy is cool. But me? Help me. help me. Zombies. In my house now. They got in. Werewolfs, too. Help! No! The zombies are eating my eyeballs out! Help! Heeeellllppp Meeeeeee!!!! My eyes! My eyes! (or what’s left of them). Oh No!!! Snnakkes! No! Help!!!!!

22. There was a piece in the NY TImes this week about how the French think the Americans are nuts for making jack o lanterns. The French were saying “You mean gazillions of pumpkins are mutilated all over the US, and they don’t even eat them? Here, here are fifteen recipes très belles! (then go boil your bums, you silly sons of silly persons).

23. PS You MUST click the link to see the LEMUR with his pumpkin!

24. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: I’ve always thought it was strange when I see stories in the news about cities which have “Pumpkin Chuckin’ Contests” But what the heck? I guess this is the good ole’ US of A. And….I love it! God Bless America!! And God Bless everywhere else on the freaking planet too. (I wonder if I’ve gone out of line?)

25. PPS AND the monkehs! Minkehs? :roll:

26. Once a Fish: Hump? What hump?

27. Resriechan says:

um. QoD: Are you practicing your role, for the new film “Zombies: the Sequel”, from George Romero?

(Guess I’ll have to accept my inability at this time, to convince you of the need to discuss the correct plural form of the term “WerewolVes”…As I am, at present, not too convinced, that you would sufficiently grasp the need to correct the plural form there …. as you seem….. “just a bit” distracted, at the moment …)

(sigh.)

28. Downsizing at Meerkat Manor? Now the recession has truly hit everyone and everything.

29. Queen of Dork says:

Resriechan: Liver.

30. Resriechan says:

@ QoD: is this the proper completion of your last comment (#29):

“& let dieeeeeee (huge bell or organ tolls/ Paul Mc C & Wings song)”…..???

31. Once A Fish says:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I ain’t got no body, and nobody cares for me. Yakka tak ta a yakka tak ta ha!

32. No more brains ? ” Sssssend morrrrre copsssssss” !!!!

33. Cute! I had a family of meerkats living in my back garden once, they used to play with the cats.

I miss them.

34. LOL!!! If only I’d seen this yesterday. It makes me feel quite at home, being a knitter of meerkats in halloween costumes…

35. was it abbie normal???!!! oh nooooo

36. Not very, very funny – more like Meer-ely amusing.

37. *sigh* makes me miss the Los Angeles zoo’s annual Pumpkin Stomp’n’Chomp. Do they still do that? How I long for the elephants stomping and chomping!

38. Other Mike, don’t you mean “BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSSSSSSS”? (No, I’m never letting this go. :p )

[ Wow, I guess you aren't, are ya? :D Good memory! (For those scratching their heads, Babs is chiding me for a spelling error that I made the last time I impersonated a zombie on this site.) -- Mike ]

39. meercat zombies. i smell a disney film.