Blooming Doom

Authorities believe the photographer is also the owner of these cicadas pugs. She has not been seen since this photo was taken, and with the petals found ditched on the side of the road, police are fearing the worst.

I'm Mugsy. That's Bugsy. You don't get no hugsy.

Halloween is a dangerous day.

Photo from Boston.com, via Josh N.

Comments

1. This reminds me of something frightening from childhood, but I have not yet figured out what.

2. What cute smooshy faces! Happy Halloween!

3. We are so happy, happy, happy in these costumes.

4. “Give us treats, or you’ll regret getting the tricks!”

5. OK, now find a naked pug-I dare you. What is it with…oh, yeah, Hallowe’en, sorry.

Poor puppersnuppers.

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Love the hovertext. :D

7. Pugs forever!! I love them.

8. Resriechan says:

–Hovertext closely related to the Following:

“Hi. I’m Larry. This is my Brother Darryl; this is my Other Brother Darryl.”

Signed,
    The More You Know

9. My favorite flowers… Pugonias! ;)

10. LOL no hugsy for that photographer that is for sure.

11. Wow, this is disapproval on a bunnular scale! Epic!

12. Nice one Aimz! *swish*

@skippymom: Maybe The Little Shop of Horrors or perhaps Day of the Triffids?

13. Queen of Dork says:

skippymom: Perhaps a nasty bee sting?

14. They’re… hypno… – …tizing… me…!!! ARGH!!!!

15. Miaoosers says:

Ti-hi, they’re so cute but why the sad faces?

16. Awww…. so adorable. They need their little ears out so they might look happier in their costumes! lol, kinda like the ear infection collar from the vet, but prettier. :D

17. But . . . but I want a hugsy! :cry:

18. 260Oakley says:

Don’t worry guys. No one looks good in a pugshot.

19. Resriechan says:

awwwww, da pooah widdle Theweesa….We wuuuuv yuuu Thewesa !!!
    Hewe’s a Hugsy-Wugsy !!!!.

(Continues making associated silly, cooing, ridiculous babytalk sounds…until able to perceive that “Thewesa” is “aww bettew” ……)

20. Resriechan says:

And @ 260Oakley: CO oughta jist go on & HIRE your little Tush!!
    Yew got GAME !!!!

Sincerely,
    Admiring.

21. lucky Cliff says:

so, the one on the right is a Black Eyed Susan? LOLOL

22. pugletsrule says:

I NEED those costumes and the pugs!!
    @lucky Cliff – yes, yes it is.

@Katrina – some of us take pictures of our naked puglets on occasion:

Sunnin' Pugs

23. 260Oakley says:

Resriechan, you’re too kind. Can I use you as a reference?

24. Resriechan says:

@ 260Oakley:

“AB-SO-Root-Reee!!!”
    (That is, if my reference has any traction……??? )

25. Resriechan says:

“Thewesa??? Are you gonna be okay? Do you need the Smewwing Sawts, now that QoD has recovered?”

26. victoreia says:

I’m thinking puglets should be made honorary buns; they’ve got the built-in disapproval…..

27. Resriechan says:

@ Ed’s:

In re.your correcting my boo-boos, above:

I hereby offer a Deep Bow of Appreciation, in your general direction.

Signed,
    Your Humble Servant

28. such beautiful little faces! I want to smooch them on their wrinkular foreheeeeds!

29. Resriechan says:

(I’m still worried about Thewesa….)

Also — I’ve realized what visual these pups & their Floral Fluffiness reminded me of….it’s from the beginning of the film My Fair Lady, where Eliza Doolittle is a feisty FlowerGal on the Rough Alleyways of Londontown,
    before she begins to consider the advantages of Dancing All Night, etc….

30. Queen of Dork says:

Danced, danced, daaaaaannnncccedd…..

Aaalllllll niiggghhhttt!!

*huge flourishy finish with evening gowns, gloves, fake eyelashes and stuff*

31. Resriechan says:

@ QoD:

Brava, ma’am!! BRAVA !!!

(wow. She’s GOOD !! LOVED that flourish-y finish !!!)

32. Resriechan says:

(ps: “and the “and stuff” part, was mighty nice, as well !!

–winky, winky with the false eyelashes ….)

33. Queen of Dork says:

Resriechan: LOVE the false eyelashes! You are the bestest. Now that you have your new hair-doo, let me get your sparkly new sequined, gown thing. And your feathered head-dress. Ooops. (ouch! this thing weighs a ton. oof. ow.) Here. There we go. And…on stage and…don’t forget…JAZZ HANDS!

34. Resriechan says:

@ QoD:

(Audience: “Ooooooooh !!!!!! Aaaaaaaaahhh !”)
    wow. You look simply MARV-y, in those sequins & opera gloves!!!

Can I borrow your feathered head-dress, next year for Halloween, since you’re gonna be using (Theresa’s? ) witch hat?

(trying to remember, whose witch hat it was, without having to track over to that Post to look it up, again ….)

35. @skippymom – Those awful Anne Geddes baby-in-flower-costume pics?

36. Laundry day is also a very dangerous day (if I understand that last veiled reference there correctly).

37. Lord, I apologize. Every time I see a lovely little pug I start to laugh. I keep remembering the scene with Tommy Lee Jones in Men In Black when he’s trying to get the pug to give him info. I was in the pet store today and saw one and couldn’t stop giggling…

Feel free to slap my hand…

38. Flowers that bite! LOL Oh the shame…they are cute!

39. Pug flower mom says:

No pug was harmed in making this photo. lol
    If you know pugs, many of them love to get dressed up. Here’s the article that started this whole thing with this photo being the # 1 most photo on Yahoo.

40. Resriechan says:

@ ornith (comment #37)
    While I’m sure that Anne Geddes is a wonderful person, I agree entirely with your assessment of those pictures she does …

And thank you CO for providing me reassurance on this. I thought I was the *only one* who didn’t *get it* with her work.

41. I love these pugs!!!!

42. hi
    éy como estan quiero conoser mas aamuigos

43. trick r treat

give us treats r you will get tricks
    lol