Mr. Stripey! Are You All Right?

Oh, noooooo! Mr. Stripey has fallen into the Pit of Ultimate Sorrow!  Don’t move, Mr. Stripey — I’ll be right back with a rope and a cable news crew!

IMG_3874

Has “Smudge” met our resident hustler, Chris G.?

Comments

1. Go to the end of the table, little kitty! You’ll find Mr. Stripey there, safe and sound and ready to get whacked again.

2. 260Oakely says:

Pocket pet?

3. lol… it’s good to know that other people let their cats run the house, do whatever they want, disrupt every normal activity…

4. So, I’m having problems reading today. I initially read “I’ll be right back with a rope and a cable crew.” This led me to think of something along the lines of: http://www.6pm.com/timberland-heathered-cable-crew-oatmeal-heather

Turns out a cable NEWS crew and a cable crew are two completely different things.

5. Oh Noes Mr Stripey Has fallen into the well… I must go get Timmy

6. “Honey, I think the cat just barfed in the side pocket.”

7. Oh I so agree this needs a Pocket pets tag!

8. Mr Stripey… in the side pocket.

9. I think Smudge is an AWESOME name for a cat! :@)

10. I LOL’d.

Pocket Pets tag is definitely appropriate.

11. “…he was only nine.” Guffaw! At least he wasn’t eight. Then it would be all over!

12. Von Zeppelin says:

“Yep. You dropped the cue ball in the pocket again. Just a minute–I’ll fish it out for you. Can you TRY to be a little more careful next time?”

13. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I’ve heard of lint collecting in pockets, but this is overboard.

[That's "OverLOAD", missy - Ed.]

14. alwayscataddict says:

Ceejoe: Umm, there’s a choice??

15. Hey is that the famous pool player Minesota Cats sleeping on the pool table?

16. Pool table face plant kitty.

17. ear tufts FTW

18. ButtaRumCake says:

Gigi: Minnesota CATS! Good one!

19. “Hairball, side pocket.”

20. Aww shucks Frank.. yah beat me to it!

21. Are we sure it’s not the Pit of Despair? Or the Bog of Eternal Stench?

[Oh dear, two '80s fantasy-movie tropes in one comment... - Ed.]

22. We play a very interesting pool variation at our house where Ricochet randomly blocks pockets of his choosing. When the cat-block is in play you must figure out your shot in a way to avoid him and his protected pocket. Of course, if you are very lucky, you may just get a kitty assist!

23. Resriechan says:

gotta agree with MissKitty; it was all about the elegant earfringe for me!!

Sugges: poss tags?? While “Pocket Pets” is a Darn Good Candidate, I submit also:

-“This just in” (get it?????) (*SNERK*)
    -“Danger”…or…from the perspective of The Cat aka Smudge:

“ResQte” !!!

24. Kitteh always drinks too much on pool night!

25. I had a dear kitty named Smudge for over 17 years! She was the best, absolute best kitty of all time. My sister even wrote a song about her when we were little girls, along the lines of “smudge won’t budge” etc. I won’t say anymore because I know sis’ reads CO too… :D

26. @Tpennefe , your idea of a cable crew is infinitely more tasteful.

27. Resriechan says:

@ Theresa & Tpennefe….Not to mention, that it’s also, so VERY
    fashion-forward !!!!!

28. @Llism, I was thinking the Gorge of Eternal Peril.

[Run, it's the '70s! - Ed.]

29. Smudge!! Someone is a Forever Plaid fan!

30. Theresa:

Bridgekeeper: What . . . is your name?

Galahad: Sir Galahad.

Bridgekeeper: What . . . is your quest?

Galahad: To seek the Grail.

Bridgekeeper: What . . . is your favorite color?

Galahad: Blue! NO! Yelloooooowwwwww!!!

31. @IIism—Those are two of my favorite movies!! :)
    I vote for Pit of Despair–kitty’s body language is pretty despairing, plus he’d have his head out of there pronto if it were the Bog of Eternal Stench.

32. Helllooooo? Anybody down there?

33. This is too cute! I would love to play Harper’s version of pool! :lol:

34. Resriechan says:

YAY MP/ H. Grrrrrrrrrraaiiilllll bridgekeeper Troll dialogue !!!!!
    Yippppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!

35. Ilism – that’s one of the best scenes from a movie EVER!

36. Awww, what a precious little kitty!

37. catloveschanel says:

Do you think he’s trying to help the cow, 2 photos down?
    Now I almost had a heart attack
    Looking in my rear view mirror
    I saw myself the next car back
    Looking in the rear view mirror

38. Resriechan says:

@ catloveschannel
    ( waving frantically, trying to get the teacher’s attention):

Hey, teacher: I know I know —
    that’s a Slightly Obscure James Taylor Reference!!!!!!

39. AuntieMame says:

If he called cable news before he called 911, he must be related to the Balloon Boy family…

40. So this is why they say you ‘scratched’ when you get your white ball in there.

41. beardediris says:

Maybe he’s sleeping. My brother’s cat, Seamus, sleeps with his face shoved into shoes. I bet if he had a pool table, this would be exactly how he’d sleep.

42. He FELT a little behind the EIGHT BALL today, but he took a CUE from friends and CHALKed it up to the need for a BREAK.

43. catloveschanel says:

Resriechan – slightly obsure, but wouldn’t it be funny if all the pictures were lined up looking down holes, then they could sing damn this traffic jam

44. Resriechan says:

@ catloveschanel:
    (borrowed from one o’ me brotherz): “Indeed!”

45. Resriechan says:

@ Bircage: oh me oh my !

Talk aboutcher “bein’ on a (WAIT for it …)

Roll…….!”

(Guffaw, snort, hee-haw, etc etc & so forth)

46. fish eye no miko says:

@Birdcage: Any more puns, and I’m going to give you such a scratch!

47. Ear Floof!

48. again, with the hovertext….!
    i’ll be back, i have to clean up icedtea i was trying to drink while reading this post…

[Yeah, it got me too. Mike is a Hovertext Hustler. LOL - Ed.]

49. Okay NTMTOM, this has got to be one of my favourite posts of yours. It hit the funny bone just right – thanks!

Oh, and I still love you for all of your other posts, this one is just extra-special. ;-)

50. Queen of Dork says:

Ear tufts AND socks! If people were actually playing pool when this pic was taken I love the typical kitty behavior of just plopping down and interupting the game.

51. Resriechan says:

Hi QoD: one item for your consideration…..there’s………………………………………… an (or a few) emails atcher emailbox….. ;)

52. Queen of Dork says:

Resriechan: And in my snail mail box!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

53. Resriechan says:

“Awww, shucks, ma’am — twaren’t nuthin’ ”

(*blushes*)

54. :twisted: I think kitty is thinking “You just keep hiding in there, mouse! Sooner or later, you will have to come out!” :twisted:

55. kibblenibble says:

At first, I thought Mr. Stripey was the cat, then I read the comments, and realized Mr. Stripey refers to the ball. Then (pant pant-out of bref) I had to go back and read all of NOMTOM’s great writing once again, and of course it was even funnier. I’m embarrassed, but I can admit this because I know I’m among kindhearted, forgiving folk. *shuffles feet nervously, blushing*

56. Sandi's Mom says:

I thought that adorable cat was Mr. Stripey also. My new kitten ( 6 month old rescue) believes my toe is for nibbling. Really chomping. Just as I fall asleep. Is this normal ? . I have had dogs for the last 15 years and they were all well behaved. My last dog pal went to Rainbow Bridge on Aug. 16 and I received Chompers as a gift. Love the cat hate the chomping of toes.

57. victoreia says:

@alwayscataddict: I thought it was one of those universal laws, like gravity–cats must have the run of the place.

@llism: More the Pit of Despair….I can’t imagine a cat tolerating the Bog of Eternal Stench.

@Sandi’s Mom: If your toes are moving under the covers, those are now cat toys……

58. *plink plink* *sleepy stare* *loooong pause*

Ohhhhhhhhhh! I get it! #9 Ball = Mr Stripey.

*grabs adorable kitty and falls into bed.*

59. Sandi's Mom says:

@ victoreia thanks for the info . slippers in bed from now on.

60. Smudge is so happy now! For more pics of him, see http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_gin/sets/72157602377985492/.

61. @kibblenibble, the same thing happened to me, I subscribe to the RSS feed so the title by itself didn’t seem that funny until a few minutes after I saw the pic and realised Mr Stripey is the ball.

also, this pic makes a fantastic wallpaper!

62. @Jason, here’s Smudge in another wallpaper: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/1886/wild_cat.html

63. Michael Claymore says:

“We’re sending our love down a well
    For that poor little ball
    Who’s stuck halfway to hell!”

64. Once A Fish says:

@Sandi’s Mom:

If the kitten was a rescue it could be chomping on your toes because it was weaned too early and/or is looking for comfort nursing. My own kitty wasn’t a rescue but his mom was letting him nurse right up past the 5th month, so when I took him home those first few nights away from his mom he was terribly confused and took to sucking (and chomping on) my toes. Then again, he could have just been playing/exploring. It only lasted a few nights and then he was fine.

65. I think we need a C.O. CATegory for those delicious tufts of ear hair, what say you, fellow denizens?

66. WendyPinNJ says:

Could it be that Mr. Kitty was just terribly ty-ty?

67. Resriechan: I love your tag suggestions.

Also: Cats ‘n’ Racks? (Yes, I realize the balls are no longer racked in this photo, but there’s an implied rack, right? Right? Guys…?)

[Welllllll.......... :| - Ed.]

68. Cute! probably did fall asleep waiting for it to come back.

69. Trust the tabby cat to pick stripes.

70. @cath: *snerk* “Implied rack”

71. catloveschanel says:

or we could do Cat Scratch Fever

72. kitty slayed me with the cute. caption and especially hovertext slayed me with the funny.

73. Resriechan says:

I’m with Wolfie: it’s time to hold another CO Revolution, pholks!! Where is VonZepp????? We need the Dirigible —

“Ear Floof! Ear Floof! We DEMAND Ear Floof !!”

Signed,
    “The Peasants Are Revolting”

74. yeah, revolting peasants…they could do with a good bath!!!!!!

75. *snicker*
    *snort*
    *sprays tea all over keyboard*
    *falls off chair laughing at all the pun-derful comments* :-D