A Cowham’s Lament

I’m an old cowham, just a-riding ’round the land
Got a toothpick in my mouth and a lasso in my hand
Gotta round up all the piggies, keep an eye out for the strays,
‘Cuz they’s orn’ry little critters, runnin’ every which-a-ways.

So it’s chase ‘em down and land ‘em, tie ‘em up and brand ‘em,
Some days ya gotta love ‘em, and others ya can’t stand ‘em.
Gotta drive ‘em cross the prairie, forty mile to get your pay,
Then we spend it all in town, chompin’ corn and brocc-a-lay…

Yo-de-layyyyyy… yee-haaaayyyy… de-hooooooo!

hamster_rides_guinea_pig

Guinea Pig Rodeo ~ Piórko & poor Balbinka by pyza*

Comments

1. LovesDogs says:

Giddyap little hammies, giddyap.

2. The little bitty cowboy hat is just TOO MUCH!!!!!! hehehehe ;)

3. doggabone says:

Ay carumba!

(Because they don’t have a cow, man.)

4. Resriechan says:

O.M. G.

(and I mean that, in the CUTEST possible way.)

Signed,
    Lovin’ the cutesy (esp details like the miniature saddle & cow-ham hats…)

5. mah feet don’t reach the stirrups so I hang on with my charm….

6. ButtaRumCake says:

Lovin’ the beady eyes!

7. Pyza rides Teh Qte™ again! :D hehe

8. Jess&Friends says:

I always wanted to be a “ham wrangler”! Do you think they eat from tiny cans of beans? I want to see a movie called, “Brokeham Mountain.” Ah to be a free ham on the prarie…

9. HEHehehe

Sings::
    Ride em ride em ride em
    Keep those doggies moving COW HAM!

10. The tiny saddle!!!! *thud*

11. Pat Trenner says:

@Jess&Friends:

How about “Blazing Hamsaddles”?

“Aw, now we’re going to have to go back and get a SH-T-load of dimes.”

12. skippymom says:

Does this cowham hang out with the Prickly Kid?

13. i keep looking for the sharpeis but i doesn’t see um

14. GingerBean says:

“cowham”?? “COWHAM”?!?! Omg. I am truly…just overwhelmed by the cuteness. This picture is so cute is has broken my squee-o-meter.

15. 260Oakely says:

Move ‘em on, head ‘em up
    Rawham!

16. Thats so cuteeeeeeeeeeee

17. I’ve never seen such a calm guinea pig… Where does one find a piggie that will tolerate having a saddle AND a hamster on its back?

Love the picture and the tiny accessories!

18. metsakins says:

Okay, so I’m scrolling down thinkin’
    who is the person who would have a pig -sized saddle
    and ham sized hat and I got to the bottom
    and I’m like, oh nevermind, of course she would.

19. but, I like the song better anyway.

20. metsakins says:

and the real question is -

will they be chompin’ brooc-o-lay
    or
    choppin’ brocc-o-lay?

21. Pyza is an arteeeeeest. NOMTOM is a poeeeeet.

And I luff the leetle saddle!

22. Don’t eat the beans near the camp fire little hampoke ! ;oD

23. NTMTOM,

You are a king among men.

24. Okay, someone just give Pyza an award for extraordinary commitment to cuteness already!

25. [looks at pic...falls to floor]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    [gets up...looks at pic again...falls back onto floor]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

26. Umm, would they be “cowhams” or “pighams”? hmm, “pighams” looks redundant, I suppose.

whatever they are called, the picture is adorable!

27. I heartily second Sandra #23 – NTMTOM wins the internets. Possibly my favorite post EVAR.
    And thank goodness… my work just implemented a website block and CO was initially on the list (horrors!), but it has been restored. *sigh*

28. *Ker…PLUNK*

I’z been struck ded by the Qte. D – E – D. Kaput. Finito. RIP.

The picture did me in. The song nailed the coffin shut.

29. AuntieMame says:

Nothing spoils the cute quite like harping over whether it’s ‘shopped or not.

Who cares?! It’s still hilarious and creative and cute!

30. My brain just exploded.

Seriously what else could CO post? This looks like something out of MouseGuard.

31. AuntieMame says:

Oh, and LOL at “we use Sharpies.” Heh! (Now I get blair’s comment. Hehe!)

32. entropy's bitch says:

I’m glad some people have no life and do things like this. It takes craftsmanship, commitment and imagination.

And NMTOM, you’re included in this because that song is prosh.

On another note, Maru made the seattle morning news as a viral video, “cat in the box”. Not even credited as Maru, but I KNEW!

33. Hams and pigs – with mini-saddles and cowboy hats! Nothing could be better than this. And the song – the song!!! NOMTOM, I love you.

I have to go lie down. The Qte has rendered me useless. (More so than I usually am… :lol: )

34. In my history of peegs, I had a hyper peeg and a calm peeg. I could take calm peeg out to the backyard (we didn’t do chemicals), sit in the grass with a book and let him munch on the grass without fear that he’d make a break for it. If a questionable shadow passed over (say…a bird–I lived in the burbs, no hawks), he’d nestle closer to me (but not interrupt the grass and clover munching).

With some practice…he might have done this. If we found a mellow hammie!

35. @Pat Trenner…here is a wed wose because it is womantic.

36. @belphebe: It would be “pigham” if called the fellas in Stetsons “horseboys”.

My cowpoke song:

I’m ridin’ a small tiny hoss
    (His name is MIGHTY LITTLE)
    He’s a good hoss
    Even though
    He’s a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
    Blanket on anyway
    He’s a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
    Blanket on anyway
    Any way

I’m pluckin’ the ol’
    Dennil Floss
    Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
    I don’t care if you think it’s silly, folks
    I don’t care if you think it’s silly, folks

I’m gonna find me a horse
    Just about this big
    An’ ride him all along the border line

With a
    Pair of heavy-duty
    Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
    Every other wrangler would say
    I was mighty grand

By myself I wouldn’t
    Have no boss
    But I’d be raisin’ my lonely
    Dental Floss

(From “Montana” by Frank Zappa)

37. Oh NTMTOM – the hovertext takes it again…

38. Good one, Gingerbean – “squee-o-meter”

39. eastiegirl says:

victoreia 10.28.09 at 10:24 am
    [looks at pic...falls to floor]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    [gets up...looks at pic again...falls back onto floor]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I second that!

40. Hmm, I used to think of Balbinka as being “Large and In Charge!!!” but not after seeing this picture! Hee hee!
    Pyza, how on EARTH did you get Balbinka to go along with this? How many seconds did Piorko stay on her back?

41. I’m pretty sure this is the best thing you fine cuteologist ladies have posted yet!

42. I can hear the voice of Garrison Keillor singing that old cowham song.

43. @Maribeth: OMG, so did I! Are Dusty and Lefty secretly hamies?

44. @Maribeth, especially the “Yodelay-eeeeee-hooo!”

45. PS Broc-co-leeeeeeeeee!
    Broc-co-laaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

46. How do you ever come up with these things? Or do you just pick random stuff off the Internet database? Awesome rhymes, anyways…

47. Argyle Donkeypants says:

[bam ba dee dah, bam ba dee dah, bam ba dee dah]
    Happy taaaaails tooo yooooou,
    Until we meet again….

48. me and my think is so cute I hope the next one is cute

49. me and my mom think it so cute

50. This is awesome!

51. I love you NTMTOM, I just gotta say.
    In a poetry-and-humor-loving, non-weird-or-stalkerish way.
    [please insert a line that scans and rhymes with "hay" okay?]
    In truth, I love you NTMTOM, in a to-ta-lay brocc-a-lay-way.

(What? If it doesn’t scan right, you’re just not pronouncing NTMTOM correctly.)

52. They would be THE stars of the Calgary Stampede!

53. I’ve heard of a Prison Rodeo and a Watusi Rodeo but never a Peegy Rodeo. Awesome!

54. Queen of Dork says:

Ha-ha! Theresa sang her brocoli song again! I hope you sing it like that to the waiter/waitress in restaurants when they ask you what kind of vegetable you would like with your main dish! :)

55. hovertext……HAHAHAHAHAHA!

56. Yea hah ride-em cowboy.

57. eternalcanadian says:

there is something very wrong about a rat (i presumed it was one coz of the long tail) riding a guina pig ala cowboy style. then again whatever floats yer boats. i expect to see them at the calgary stampede next summer. lolololol.

58. beeper4eva says:

eternalcanadian,
    It’s not a rat, hon, its a hamster. thats not a tail you see there, its something inthe background. :-))

59. It is cute but I am nearly 100% sure they used photo shop. Look at the hamster’s left front leg. Fuzzy… and same with the far left of the photo it’s all a blurr. If you look around the outline of the saddle you’ll notice it doesn’t look exactly right.

Equally telling is that below the hamster’s neck and under his butt there is black filled in… probably to cover up whatever was actually surrounding him.

It is still a funny and cute picture. I just know it’s a fake. Keep up with the cute.

60. I love you, Balbinka. Even without your little crocheted hat.

61. Mary (the first) says:

@Jake (41).. NTMTOM is a lady? Who knew??

I couldn’t care less if it’s shopped or not. It’s hilarious.. made me laugh and that is a good thing!!

[And Pyza really does dress her pets, in point of fact - Ed.]

62. I love hamster hands.

63. @QoD, I have to sing it as much as I can when my nephew’s not around.

64. PS (Steven Tyler voice) NTMTOM looks like a laaaaaaadeeeh!

65. It’s 10:00 Thursday evening, Private Practice is on, I’m playing 3 games of scrabble on the facebook, and I just caught my self going “I got the brocc-a-lay,I got the brocc-a-lay!”. Just sayin.

66. OMG that is a HOOT!! Thanks and what a cool tiny saddle.

67. Way past redonk, falling into some new territory. Must. expand. vocabulary.

68. Free falling I meant to say.

69. Awww, hammie is riding piggyback. :P

[Why yes, yes he is. :lol: - Ed.]

70. I would like to take a moment and congratulate latinvera26 on Flickr. He is responsible for this very cute picture, he photoshops the cutest ham-art, and this is one of his works. Go see his Flickr for more cuteness! http://www.flickr.com/photos/25434239@N06/

[Um, no, this photo is definitely from Pyza* (who appears on Cute Overload with some regularity) – Ed.]

71. lol, when Pyza told me this was on Cute Overload I could not believe it! You were right the first time Twinkie I made his for her while back. Thank ou for all youre kind and sweet comments. I really just started to make these for fun, never took a lesson. Balbinka and Piórko are really little stars all I did was give Piórko a hat Balbinka a saddle! It is a tremendous honor to have this here, thank. If you would like to see other pictures I have made you can visit me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/25434239@N06/