Meanwhile, at the Jerry Lewis Safari Park and Nature Preserve…

Oh, look at the smiling people, they are making with the pointing at me and the clicking with the cameras, I — ahh, aaahhh… FNNURRPHHTTPHHTTHHT!

Owww, my nose made a loud bang and now there is a hurting and itchy feeling and the nice people are laughing at me, mooooommyyyyyyyyyy!

Comments

1. Space Cowgirl says:

Bwahahaha!

2. Aww, poor little baby funty. Those schnozzles have a life of their own, don’t they?

3. I love how Mama looks back like, “WHAT did you do to my kid??? Why-I-otta..HARUMPH”

4. Elephant mothers are very protective and I think it is a good thing her baby only schneezled because if there appeared to be any injury she might charge.

5. Oh leldafant.
    thanks NTMTOM. Made my day.

6. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@heather: That’s a good point. In the vid, mama seems to be eyeing the people like she’s thinking “am I gonna hafta do something to these jokers?”

7. OMG! The poor baby! hahahaha!!!!

8. gravyboat says:

Poor little guy!

9. Von Zeppelin says:

Gesundheit. (Said in soft, gentle voice, so as not to further distress the miniphant)

10. Little sneeze-a-phant! Here, have a tissue, and a cuddle.

11. LOL! My little brother, who is 15 years younger than me, always used to scare himself when he sneezed as a baby. We had to force ourselves to laugh whenever he sneezed, so he would think it was funny. This worked a bit too well, and he started laughing hysterically whenever anyone would sneeze!

12. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I don’t suppose we get enough of these vids in to create a category entitled “pachyderm sternutation.” (But how groovy would life be if we did?)

13. Thanks, NTMTOM. This beats bunday any day! Gesundheit, little one.

14. All those spectators and no one said “Bless you”? Where are their manners?

15. Soo cute i think im gonna elefaint!

16. Aww!!

17. I lol’d at the original title (“I need a tissue, nice laaaaaaady!”)

Leave it to the URLs to point out what titles USED to be. *eyes NOMTOM warily*

18. Soooooooo embarrasskingk.

19. Oh NTMTOM, with the funny and the crazy already.

20. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Shadyman: WordPress lets us enter a URL that is independent of the headline (or we can let the URL match the headline, which is the default). This behavior gives us one more place to hide an extra joke, when we’re in the mood. ;)

21. PS Do sneezes gain power with the length of the distance it has to travel? Like a long-bored rifle?

22. I watch this over and over again it’s so wonderfuls.

23. Awww, poor little guy! Musta been a pahrful sneeze!

24. awww….heeheehee… poor baby ele.

*passes gigantic sized tissue*

25. Lol, THAT was just too cute.

It’s a balder, smaller version of Snuffleupagus!

26. Hey ladyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Enough with the sneezing and the scaring and the looking at me.

27. KERCHEW!

28. Thats really cute, although the people in the background are real idiots!

29. If I had that schnozzle, I’d be scared too!

30. Haha- this reminds me of how horses are sometimes spooked by their own farts, then refuse to return to the spot where it happened- convinced that the horrible noise came out of the wall, a tree, the air- anything but their own selves!

31. Hhahahaha. Oh this is so cute I wanna cry.

32. OH MY GOD. I was having terrible day and this just changed everything. THE BEST.

33. How about a Sneezing category? Remember the baby Panda who sneezed and scared his Mom? I’ll like to see a Koala sneezing, yes, I would.

34. He didn’t get scared because of the sneeze… it was because of the loud idiots there.

35. Elephants are the bestest! I would like nothing more than to snuggle up to these cuties!

36. @Macha – Well, if I were to, ehm, flatulate (not that I would ever do such a thing), I’d want to clear the area as well. Just sayin’.

37. This is why the Fithp will fail, they’re too cute to trample us.

38. Von Zeppelin says:

Malinki: The fithp: Ekthremely dangerouth thpace elephantth. (Thankth, Niven and Pournelle, for a routhing good thtory)

39. @VonZ: channeling one of the Igors today? (Obviouthly a tradithionalitht, and not one of thothe young “modern” whip-phthnapperth.) ;)

40. whip-pherthapperth, dang it!

41. Von Zeppelin says:

No, Victoreia, just taking note of the fact that the mention of the fithp (From Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle’s novel “Footfall”) always makes me want to talk with a lithp. The fithp, by the way, were an alien race that resembled smallish elephants with branched trunks. Not the most believable aliens that Niven has created–he was usually pretty good at inventing odd biologies.

42. I’m pretty sure that isn’t a sneeze–if you watch it over and over again and it looks a lot more like an aggression/scare tactic by the young ‘um.

43. So Vonzep, you walk with a lisp?

44. Von Zeppelin says:

No Theresa, but I do walk with a slight limp today–Max my semi-greyhound whacked me in the kneecap with his knotted rope toy. A similar object was used to brutalize sailors in the eighteenth-century Royal Navy.

45. I don’t think the elephant scared himself. I think he was just fine til the noisy-ass audience started cackling, then he felt like he needed to hide. Poor little guy.

46. LovesDogs says:

Poor baby effelant. Don’t pay attensheeon to those peoples laughing at you.

47. The Other Bryn says:

Aww, poor baby! People laugh at me when I sneeze too! Because I sneeze SO LOUDLY. I don’t mean to, I can’t help it!

48. I can’t help laughing but poor baby elly phant is learning not to trust those 2 legged creatures. He was all, let me go check them out, they look friendly…… then they laugh at him. Personally, I find it hard to trust 2 legged creatures myself!

Because it’s Bunday, I just have to mention that my BunBun would jump and run and hide every time I sneezed, for the first few months. Now his ears just go up and he looks at me – ‘do you have to be so loud?’

49. Seems like Mama Dumbo can tell people were laughing at her baby. Good thing she didn’t react.

50. Ok peeps, what’s cuter? Baby panda molecule sneezing or baby lelliphant sneezing? (And a heck of a sneeze it was with that trunk! If mama had sneezed, I think the cameraperson would have been blown away!) ;-)

51. Katrina has the right idea. A baby animals sneezing catagory would soooo cute!

52. p.s., Macha
    I lolled so hard at the mental image I got from that :D

53. awwwwww!!! lololol

54. Juniper Jupiter says:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! XD!!

I peed just a little!! :D

55. Ohhhhhhh, poor litle guy… he wasn’t scared from his schneezz, he was just embarrassed and want to get behind Mom before someone noticed.

56. Beh-beh fefalant has the snipples and fluffs !!!!!!!!!!

57. Baby elephants are the cutest things. When I was in Africa there was a herd with several little guys crossing the river and the little ones held their trunks up like snorkels and when they got to the other side shook themselves like dogs. It was a total “awww” moment.

58. Like bruceo said, I also think it wasn’t a sneeze but more a try to scare the ppl in the car. If you look at the lil’ one, he/she’s focused towards the camera and gives off a wannabe trumpet noise, that just didn’t come out as scarey as if it had been an adult. And the fact that it runs to hide behind mama elephant makes even less likely it was a sneeze. But cute nevertheless.

59. kibblenibble says:

NOMTOM, you give the best Jerry of anybody.

60. The way you spelled what the littlephant ‘said’ reminded me of the episode from the Carol Burnett show where Tim Conway was imitating Siamese elephants. I don’t think that I’ve seen the others in the show crack up as much as they did in that skit.

61. haaaaaaahahahahaha…….

62. Sue, that’s awesome!!! To anybody watching that vid, make sure you stay for the entire thing. That last 5 seconds are killer funny! :D

63. @Sue +5000 Internet points for the Carol Burnett sketch!!!

I don’t want to be around when the Dean Martin elephant is staggering drunkenly across the park.

64. it would have been so much cuter if the people in the background could have shut up.

65. OMG!! Baby ebefant sneeze, then Sue’s Carol Burnett sketch… I’m laughing out loud – my office is wondering what the heck is wrong with me. ROTFLMAO!

Sue FTW!!! LOL! hahahahahhaa! Mama’s line at the end… LOL! Thank you. I’m almost done with two weeks of 16 hour days and I needed that. ROTFL!

66. Was it not the shrieking harpies behind the camera that actually frightened the beebee and not the beebee’s sneeze?

67. Sue-which of my sons should I give you for that Carol Burnett clip? Either way you get my very best work. My God that was funny!

68. Resriechan says:

L’elephant m’amuse and also y’all be some funny peeps today…VZ is particularly “on ” today !!!

69. Don’t the laughing people remember what Jumbo did to everyone who laughed at her little Dumbo?

70. OK – so I’m sick of the rain and having cold wet feet everytime I have to walk the pooch, so I went to Wal-Mart today with the express purpose of buying some cheap little water proof boots. The cheapest ones they had were $15!!!!!!! For RUBBER boots?!?!?! I needed to come back to see just see the funny elephant. He makes me smile.

(And jeez with the nuffers. Are you telling me you didn’t laugh when you saw this vid? That you wouldn’t have laughed if you were there in person????? jeesh.)

71. Arachnophile says:

my dog is like that when she farts. ;-D

72. Lol… funny animal…. :))

73. Awww, adorable elephant baby! His sneeze is so cute. But yeah, I’ve seen this clip before and I’m fairly certain it’s the sudden and very loud laughter from the people watching that freaks the little baby out and makes him run to his mummy. Still doesn’t make his sneeze any less cute though! And I like how mama elephant gives the onlookers a glare when her baby comes running back to her, kinda like “Did you do something to my baby? I’m watching you…”

I fed an elephant at the zoo when I went there for a day out on my birthday earlier this year. I held out the piece of fruit I was given, she sneezed on me.

74. I can just imagine the joy of witnessing this moment firsthand and then dread as your stomach plummets when the mom gives you the stink eye for a couple seconds. Remain calm. Be very quiet.. she will move on… but wasn’t that sneeze cute honey?

75. Whoa- I don’t think you all realize how dangerous elephants are. They kill people every year, even sometimes rolling cars. Worse yet, I don’t even think they do it in a cute way. Just saying- beware!

[Yeah well THIS one didn't. - Ed.]