Internet Speed Upgrade

If I feed you parsley, will you unclog the Innernets? Please?

[Grabbing cilantro just in case.]

IMG_3859

Thanks, Mathijs and Lucy 4.0 over at HamsterTracker, where Lucy helps power the Internets on her wheel, one meter at a time. At press time, Lucy’s at 146,119.47 meters in 48 days.

Advertisements

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

*nom nom nom nibble nibble nom*

2. Tsk, tsk! We *all* know that Italian flat-leaf parsley is preferable to curly parsley! 😉

3. awwwww…this oneis too much; especially just after the snoozling kitteh/doggeh one…i is ded from the Qte. thud.

4. Umm that photo is is of Lucy 3.0 who sadly went to the big hamster ball in the sky. Lucy 4.0 is very cute as well and seems very happy to run far and fast to keep the internet up and running. (She set a record for reaching the 100 Km mark first) oh and she has a Twitter page with updates on her stats.

5. Love the squashed back earsies!

6. But that’s Lucy 3.0 in the picture… she passed on to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago. Lucy 4.0 is pretty darn cute too. Hope you have pictures of her up here soon?

7. What did you think was powering Windows 7, squirrels?

8. Speaking of hamster power, you guys have to check out this hysterical hamster video.

9. Von Zeppelin says:

“Astronaut Amelia Rodentino emerges from the docking tunnel on the historic joint space mission to greet the Parsley Creatures from Zmegon IV.”

10. the image of hamsters running on wheels keeping da internets going is HIGH larious!

11. How does she emit so much disapproval, with such a small face?!

12. Resriechan says:

yes, yes, hammie, cute, sink & parsley, cute, check.

But again, peeps, I’m havin’ to draw a diagram to the Obvy: NOSE #5 for this weekend ….. BEEP!!!!!!

13. Queen of Dork says:

Yay!! I love the Lucys!! I’ve been a fan of Mathijis for like forever. That isn’t Lucy 4.0 though. She’s kind of chocolate brown. (okay. If you never thought I was a dork before you will now).

14. That hamster ball should have more bandwidth than that.

15. Resriechan says:

“Loooooocy, you got some ‘splainin’ to dooooo……..”

16. Queen of Dork says:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

17. Those tiny fingers!

And, yes, Theresa, that hamster ball should have more bandwidth.

QoD-dork? You? Well, maybe a little, but we are still debating Pluto being a planet over here! Neil De Grassse Tyson- ( serenade of seraphim and cherubim) feh, he’ll come around.

18. aw. the widdle toesies on hammie.
    and @ VonZ : ha! you crack me up!

19. Queen of Dork says:

Katrina: he-he. *blush*

20. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

“The internet is not something you just dump something on. It’s not a truck! It’s a series of tubes! Tubes full of hamsters!”

21. Queen of Dork says:

NTMTOM: Many tubes. The hamsters are all smiling and running. But the internet is a huge dump truck.

22. Queen of Dork says:

I feel ill. I dont even know what I’m talking about. I’m going to bed. Goodnight!

23. Such a sweet little face….

24. Resriechan says:

(“Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are”. )

(I know, I know, I keep comin’ back to that, but it seems so appropos, as a way of goodnight greetings, over the Internet…Jimmy Durante revived thanx to the marvels of the Modern Internet)

25. Queen of Dork says:

Resriechan: did you just call me Mrs. Calabash? No, I have not gone to bed yet but I’m trying to. You peeps keep tempting me. Luv you, Res!

26. Resriechan says:

(answer to QoD: “kinda!”
    also also: I sent you one last email that mentions “wonder whether she’ll actually make it all the way to bed, this time???” he he he he guffaw he he
    Plus: I attempted the answer re Broncos at the other comments thinggie)

luv rightbackatcha MWAH !!

27. victoreia says:

So what does Windoze Vista run on? Sloths? (Sez she with XP forever……) No, wait, sloths are too fast to be powering Vista…..

28. @J.
    Awesome hamster wheel video—I love the McFloppersons at the end…

29. Oh, 12 turns, 6.8 miles per hour. What a crazy hamster. Floppy McFloppersons, indeed.

30. Poor Lucy looks exhausted, but still maaaaahvelous!

Look at her leetle toesies!!!! *thud*

31. Does anyone else feel the widdle whiskers? They tickle!!

32. Lucy in the Tube with Parsley……

[Picture yourself on a wheel with a meter, photography shot by a Netherlands guy… – Ed.]

33. I’m sorry but I wouldn’t budge for parsley!

34. what makes hammies love those wheels so much? mine did too, its bee-zaahre.

35. Oh, Theo, I lurve you for that. SO MOISHE.

36. OK did anyone follow the link in the website J. posted? Yes, I know the video of the hammie going round in circles is cute. But there’s a link on the website goes here:

Scientists have harnessed the power of hamsters by MAKING THEM WEAR TINY JACKETS. Let me repeat that. HAMSTERS WEARING JACKETS. That is all. QTE, QED.

37. Dear Cute Overload people, this Lucy is dead. I think you need to post a clarification about this and a picture of the new Lucy. Sincerely, your editor friend, Samantha

38. OK, now wait a minute here. 146,000 meteres in 48 days is a little over 3,000 meters per day. That’s 30 (American) football fields per day!

Can that be right??

39. 3000 meters is about 1 3/4 miles, and that’s right. Hamsters can actually run up to 10 miles in one day!!!!!

40. is the hamster okay??? Its okay right??? I mean its cute but he/she can hurt itself.

41. I was very saddened to learn that Lucy 3.0 has passed on! This hamster is no more! She has ceased to be! She’s expired and gone to meet ‘er maker! She rests in peace! She’s kicked the bucket, shuffled off ‘er mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisibile!!

But Lucy 4.0 is VERY CUTE, long live the Hamster Tracker!

42. I didn’t know until now that the internets was run on Parsley Power!

Unfortunately my CPU say it was Intel inside, not Hamster Inside!

*Sigh*, I think I needs an upgrade! 😉