This Might Take a While

“Oh, that’s it, pal — I am so biting you!  You’re in for a chomping, mister!  Prepare yourself for the unforgiving wrath of my jaws, ’cause here it comes!  OK, I’m really gonna let you have it!  Just wait until I sink my fangs into your fuzzy little head, pencil-neck!  You’ll rue the day you were pollinated!  All right, no more practice chomps–it’s slobberin’ time! You want a piece of this, well do ya?  ‘Cause you’re gettin’ it!  Oh, don’t think I won’t do it!  Knock-knock!  Who’s there?  Biting!  Biting who?  Biting you, starting now! I really mean it this time!  You’re getting the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth!  The next thing you’re gonna taste will be the bittersweet kiss of calcium death, with a saliva chaser!  Oh, don’t even think about running away!  Stand up and take what’s eventually coming to you!”

Comments

1. Resriechan says:

Might I suggest a Tag o’ “Impending Doom”?
    or perhaps –“I’m going to eat you”?

Otherwise: OMG Fluffy animal AND fluffy plant, as well!!
    Cue the Sugar Association to increase deliveries, please.

2. Don’t you wish you could have that much fun with a dandelion?

3. What a brave little baby protecting her humans from the dangerous Dandelion !
    RWAR!!!

4. LOVE IT! I have a baby Schipperke and she does the same thing!! Loves to attack blowing leaves, rogue dandelions and the like.

5. I c whut url did thar.

6. Von Zeppelin says:

The pup is right to be cautions. Those dandelions can bite back viciously. Their name, after all, means “lion tooth” (dent de lion). I like how, after several feints and headfakes, he gets just the right angle and goes for the kill.

7. Hah I love how between each nip and bark, he’s like “:)”

8. I guess he showed THAT weed a thing or two.

9. Mamamclain says:

Weed destruction service provided by Canine Herbicidal Attack Maniacs Products. Or CHAMPS…

Rwar.

10. I love when he gets a mouth ful of fluff and spits it out in the middle.

11. I’m not big on dogs, but that’s freakin cute!

12. My chihuahua does that too… to his kibbles.

13. Mamamclain says:

Oh and…. depth perception puppeh fails…. I feel like that without mine glasses.

14. Not to be off topic here.. but how many people view CO in an average day?? I mean I have seen hundreds of comments from different people.. so there has to be quite a few that don’t ever leave comments.. are we talking about in the hundreds, thousands, or MELLIONS? ***Dr. Evil Pinky Up***
    Just curious….

15. shahinrani says:

I love when puppies do this! Our Golden did it all the time when she was a baby. Such bravado.

16. Now this is a good excuse to go out and get many puppehs to get rid of the alarmingly hardy dandylions in my lawn.

ADORABLE!!!!

17. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a fluffy-wuffy dandewion? By my count, 39.

18. never before have i seen such ferocity.

19. skippymom says:

Katiedid: Often when I get home I will pick up Skippy and tell him, “Thousands of people all over the world saw a picture of you today!” [referring to his picture on my comments] It’s pretty cool and amazing when you think about it.

20. An old name for the Dandelion was pissabed, lets hope there wasn’t a little accident in the Dog basket that night.

21. Argyle Donkeypants says:

The writeup made me think of the scene with the Black Knight. “Come here and take what’s coming to you. I’ll bite your legs off!”

22. Despite being one of the most intelligent breeds, sometimes Goldens aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

That being said, they are certainly the darn cutest tools in the shed! Especially puppies. OMG, Golden Puppy!

23. AuntieMame says:

Aww, maaaaan! I read the whole text before I scrolled down, only to discover that it’s a video! That I can’t watch until I get home tonight! Waaaaaaah! *snif*

24. SixFootJen says:

What you can’t tell from the video is that puppeh is playing “he loves me, he loves me not.” On each feint, she delicately removes a single floret — I’m sure a zoom lens would have caught it. And as we all know, the final result was “loves me” because, after all, how could one not?!?!

25. @Katiedid, you know what they say. For every adorable, pink-nosed, beady-eyed, wiggly-whiskered ratty-poo you see, there are HUNDREDS more. :mrgreen:

26. Plant life fears him/her

27. I wish my lawn guy was this cute.

28. “Take that! And THAT!”

29. Video: WIN :)
    NomTom narrative: WIN :D
    Complete absence of yellow lab puppies ’round here: BOOOOOO :(

30. Also, SixFootJen’s astute analysis: WIN :lol:

31. Well, after all it WAS a dande-LION! Must be extra cautious.

32. @ Katiedid More like Millions view Cuteoverload every day.

33. “…and that! Annnnnnnd that!”

34. Too funny. My Great Pyrenees, who is now 4 years old and a little under 120lbs, still acts like this!

35. SW you are so fortunate! Great Pyrenees are one of my all time fave breeds! I used to babysit two of them; their names are Keimo and Punim. They moved to upstate New York where they love the cold and have a huge yard to play in. I was able to babysit them one year when we had the first snowfall; I have never seen dogs dance with the joy they did on that walk!!

And little golden puppers – you really know how to give that ‘lion the what for ‘eh?! TOO CUTE! He’s probably just amusing himself with a toy from nature. :)

36. YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TOOTH!!

37. mccutchenm says:

Awww, can’t stop watching!

38. I liked the laughter-induced camera shake

39. sunnymum: my big baby is the youngest of three dogs, the other two are good ol’mutts, but almost as big as him (oh, and I can’t forget my “cat-dog.” My outside tom cat that thinks he is one of the dogs). My Pyrenees is the sweetest dog I have ever owned. My neighbors call him the “polar bear.”

40. NTMTOM: I’ve been meaning to say this for a long time, and I say it with the utmost sincerity and admiration. Mike, you ain’t right!! tee hee! “the bittersweet kiss of calcium DEATH!!” You are really too much and I love it!!

Teho: With you, Sweets! There should NEVER be an absence of cute puppies and their antics!

41. BeckyMonster says:

“Dandelion”
    Today this word is bringing a visual to me of a great lion pride leader wearing spats. OR. The Lion King on Broadway, as done by Liza Minelli

42. catloveschanel says:

It makes so much more sense with the narrative, Mike.

43. ButtaRumCake says:

*giggles*squee*giggles*squeeeee*giggles* squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*splort*

44. iI can’t watch the video at work but just the the commentary made me giggle. I cn’t wait to get home and watch it.

45. SW, I have a “catdog” too, except she’s a dog who behaves a lot like a cat. She also goes by “moon dog” as she seems kind of like she’s from another part of the solar system. She’s a bit of a weirdo.

This made me “lol” at the office. And I definitely liked the part where he got some fluff in his mouth and “puh-tewed” it out. :)

46. I have a question that is almost entirely off topic. We recued a stray dog (now named “Scout” after the girl from to kill a Mockingbird) that had been picked up by animal control this week. The dog was going to be put down THAT DAY because the shelter was just too full. So of course the dog had to come home with us. She had just had her first vet visits and so far she seems fine – now she is going to start her immunizations. Here’s the question: I have two indoor cats – what is the best way to introduce the cats to the dog? So far we have kept her separate from the cats in a different part of the house. Scout is a small dog – looks like some kind of poodle mix.

47. why not just present the video and leave all the other garbage off?

[Oh they have that; it's called "YouTube" I think - Ed.]

48. xandria21-you’ve gotta love the ‘intermixing’ of species. If Sam could howl, I am very sure he would join in with the rest of the boys….

browngrl: introduce them slowly. It’s gonna take a little while if your cats are not use to dogs, and vice versa. Also, it would probably be safer to hold doggy rather than kitties, you might end up with a few scars. We resecued a pound puppy, she too was getting ready to be put down. We gave her to my mom & dad (they had recently lost their cocker spaniels.) Come to find out, not only is this dog one of the sweetest dogs you could meet, she is a HUGE cat lover. She (the dog) just wishes my mom’s cat felt the same way. ;0

49. Keep them seperate for at least two days.. let them sniff each other through a closed door.. then introduce each kitty to the doggie one at a time and let them sniff each other.. Deffinately keep them supervised at first untill everyone feels comfortrable.

Remember to be calm with the Doggie in order not to get puppy worked up..You know the whole be the pack leader thing..

50. 260Oakley says:

Drug-sniffing pup finds some powerful weed. And destroys the evidence.

51. @browngrl – what SW said, plus have a place in your house where the cats can retreat to that the puppeh can not get to. maybe block off a bedroom with a baby gate, something like that. somewhere the cats can be in their own safe place, if needed. (and bless you!)

52. SW Jinx

53. 260Oakley that is a great caption!

54. browngrl – The first introduction should be thru scent. Keep them separate for a couple of days and take something from the dog and let the cats investigate it and get used to the smell. Also this would be a good time to reward the cats with treats and rubbings so they associate the smell of the dog as a good thing. Do this also with your dog. Let the dog explore the house without the cats present (put them in one room and let the dog investigate a different room). Also you may want to get the cats some cat nip toys and rub them on the dog first. Every cat loves cat nip and they will associate your new doggy with good things.
    When it comes time for a face to face meet, Make sure there is a barrier between the animals. ( Maybe let the cats see the dog outside and give them treats and praise) Then I would suggest (having lots of treats and toys for this part) holding the dog and letting the cats sniff him/her. After they have had their fill of sniffing (give them treats when they react well) Make sure that when they are introduced that the cats have an exit incase they feel they want to leave. If they are scared then let them leave and try scent toys some more. If all goes will, you can then let the dog check out the cats but keep a close eye on both of them and dont leave the room. That should just about do it!

55. Resriechan says:

@

Re. Numbers of Cuteness

1–in the CO Press thinggies (letterhead area above), I found a January 2009 article, quoting somebody associated w/ running the advertisements on CO …who quoted a daily figure of 808, 000.
    2– also see the following, about things like ranking among other webpages; ranking in the US, ranking in other locations, etc. The approximate url for the research data is

Have fun aka Wheeeeeeeeeee (etc.)

56. Resriechan says:

@ Katiedid —

that note was directed @ Katiedid who requested data in Comment # 14

(sorry; the cute puppy & dandelion danger got me all tangled & distracted)

57. BouvieGal says:

LOL. Puppeh’s short one Nutter Butter of a full box.

58. mimzysmom says:

I think the woman filming has incredible self control to only giggle a few times near the end. adorable pup.

59. Thanks! CO comes through again!

60. mimzysmom says:

omg I can’t believe there are posts of how to introduce a pup to cats. I was just thinking of going to the shelter to look for a dog, but I have 1 4yo and a 1 yo cat. Thank you!

61. I’ll bet the puppy was surprised when he got a bit of the taste of mature dandelion.

My retriever/shepherd mix used to do this with lemons. It was so cute to watch him worry the lemon and then, ptewweee! spit it out when he got a good bite! Never stopped him though.

62. gravyboat says:

Blllleeeecccchhhh!!! Imagine a mouthful of dandelion fluff! *spits repeatedly*

63. Mary (the first) says:

ok that Video was really cute.. the pup seems to be playing, not attacking, and the final fatal strike may have been purely accidental.

64. Queen of Dork says:

He killed it. Like a scene out of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom. (only not bloody, just fluffy).

65. P.S., your daily bit of science geekery: ALL dandelions in the US are clones of one another (so they don’t need to have been “pollinated”, NOMTOM ;) )
    They are descendants of the UK dandelion that *does* reproduce sexually, i.e. by fertilization. That is all. P.S.–CUTE puppy!

66. SusaninMI says:

omg nobody better invade this lil puppygirl’s house, they would be in mortal danger! I love the narrative, perfect!

67. OMG I’m so in love with that litlle weed whacker !

68. Oh, this poor puppy has obviously been traumatized previously by dandelions! How cruel! How could you post this???

OK, not really. ;-) But it does make me wonder if maybe he’d been scared (or stung) by a bee before on one, he looks like he’s so afraid of it. Thanks for the hysterical laughing fit you gave me (obviously my sadistic streak coming out).

69. Well now, we have a dandelion invasion here – my side the Pond – and UK Dandelions are a very vicious breed. It is clear they just scorn the lawn mower, they duck and dive out the way – but a puppy like this – oh that brave little boy – I must get one of those
    Love to all
    Patty

70. A truly shocking example of weed-worrying. Oh, will no-one think of the dandelions?!

*wrings hands, clutches pearls (but not simultaneously)*

71. emmberrann says:

@Alice Shortcake:
    Dandelions don’t need no thinkings-of/worryings-about except for the occasional canine-type pupweedwhacker. After all, they are clones of each other.
    Just by the way, I imagine the noise of the spittings-out to be sort-of like Nero Wolfe’s “Pfui.” (I know that sort of dates me, but so be it, I’m feeling every day of my age today, and if I have to ‘splain it, go google it. So there. Miss Crankypants did not have coffee this AM.)

72. Don’t ya wish you could figure out what going through their minds?
    Makes me want to go out and get new puppeh! But, with two dachsies, I have my hands full. Was definitely a 10 the cute meter.

73. LOL!!! SO CUTE! :-D