Here Comes the ‘Tock Patrol!

Marching up the street, on flat and webby feet,
Here comes the ‘Tock Patrol!
Wiggling their ‘tocks, in kinky knee-length socks,
Look out!  They’re on a roll!

Gosling tocks

The bravest of the brave, no mission they’ll decline,
It’s action that they crave, no behind left behind!
Victory is their motto, Adventure is their goal,
They’re the geese of the ‘Tock Patroooool!

Serious gosling tocks

Now drop and give me twenty, Ryan W.!

Comments

1. Wing buds! Little wing buds! I lurve them.

2. Awwwwwww, sweet little fuzzballs!

3. I needed that! Nothing like tocks to get you up and going!

4. YAY!!!!! Lotsa ‘tocks for ‘Tocktober!!!

5. Kittytoes says:

Look at the craptastic turdlettes they left behind! Hmmmm…second photo gosling has some juicy ‘tocks, doesn’t he?

6. Where’s mama? Are they little orphans? I’ll adopt then! :-)

7. Resriechan says:

1: I call “Duck, duck, Goose!” (unless some other Clever Cuteoverloader — wait that word doesn’t sound as snuggly as my intent was — thinks of it sooner & we JINX ea. other …..

2: Q of D will be THRILLED to see these, when she gets back home ( I think she is actually presently pretending to be an Office Drone, in return for the American cash/money they promised to provide to her, later in the week) ….

8. Tick those ‘tocks.

9. “…no behind left behind.” lololol

10. LovesDogs says:

Furry Fluffy Butts! Too cute!

11. marthava – I love that too – “no behind left behind!”

12. Here they come..? More like, there they go. Come back!

I hate it when they leave, but I love to watch them go.

13. The one on the far left is all like “Stand tall Ducks! Stand for ‘Tocks!”

14. I can’t believe we only have one more week of Tock’tober left!
    PS. We really need some Turkey Tocks! Tockeys…. now I just sound like I’m from NY.. “Ma’ is the tocky done yet?”

15. Resriechan says:

NOW WAIT JUST A COTTON-PICKIN’ MINNIT, NTM!!!

(only after coming BACK, to see responses, has the following line o’ text, caught up to my Fred Flinstone power-the-car-by-running, mental capacity)

I am HORRIFIED, HORRIFIED, I tell ya !! This promotional material CLEARLY offers “kinky, knee-length socks”…..WELL??? WHERE are they???????

Signed,
    The Complaint Department
    (oh? wait..no…The guy here, says that this is actually the Arguments Department. Here, let me turn in my Enraged Letter, at the other window.)

16. Gosling tocks would be so much cuter, if they didn’t poop so much.

17. Uh, I think the fluffular ‘tockgeese are wearing those very stylish thigh-high boots everyone’s raging about… like these? http://www.styletalks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/thigh-high-boots.jpg

18. GreyandWhite Kitty says:

Great song. Everybody do the ducky dance

19. I know these R serious goslings, but man, just looking @ the picture and I get the theme music for the Gabble sisters.

20. 260Oakely says:

Once again the Gosslings have closed off the street for the annual ‘tock party. Hopefully, no fights will break out over whose responsibility it is to clean up the “party favors” left by the guests.

21. I thought Jon & Kate Gosselingk only had 8 kids – I count 9 heads. :D

22. Kittytoes, they are geese after all. And given geese’s crapping capacity, that seems a bit on the low side.

23. goose goose goose goose goose goose goose goose …

this game just doesn’t do it for me since the competition committee changed the rules to protect the ducks

24. Ok, I think I have finally gone over the edge.
    Look at the tocks in the 2nd pic with a slightly unfocused look. I swear there’s a duckling (gosling?) looking back out @ me. D.I.T.T.! DUCKS IN THE TOCKS!

25. Cambridge_Rat_Mom says:

Still in love with you, NTMTOM!!!

26. Kristin Pants says:

“kinky knee-length socks” – yikes!

27. catloveschanel says:

When is this show on TV? I am so out of touch with the new fall lineup…

28. catloveschanel says:

Nice song, too. Set music to “Here Comes the Men in Black… Galaxy Defenders”?

29. Fuzzy, wuzzy wuz a… duck :)

Very cute!

30. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I loves me some fuzzy birdy ‘tocks and I got no egrets about it.

31. Make way for ducklings…. very sweet.

32. @kittytoes (re: #5)–LOL!!! :-D

in that second picture, i think that’s actually bette midler singing, “you’re the wind beneath my wings….”

33. skippymom says:

Metz, I see it too, but I think it’s actually a meerkat.

34. Von Zeppelin says:

I don’t usually find goose-stepping hordes very appealing, but these guys seem more fuzzy than fascist.

35. alwayscataddict says:

I’m a ‘tockin fool….

36. beardediris says:

I LOVE fuzzy little goslings, even though I’m lucky enough to see them every spring. There is a huge pond with fountains out in front of the building where I work, and usually a dozen or more geese at any given time. (Right now there seems to be about a thousand.) In the late spring, they patrol past my lobby doors nearly every day. Sometimes, the geese will get up on the roof above the glass doors and glare at people. I can always tell when they’ve turned around and people are looking up at their ‘tocks, because when the visitors walk across the parking lot, they stop and stare up, get a determined look on their face, and run for the door, to avoid anything the geese may choose to drop from their perch.

37. Resriechan says:

AD:

And the winner, for Best Relevant NOT TO MENTION RHYMING (but I did ennyway) Bird Pun !!!!!

(“No egrets” *Snerk*)

Signed,
    With all Doo (Doo) Respect

38. Metz, I see the phantom duckling too. Mass hallucination?

39. I would much rather see the front of them. Enough with the animal butts.

40. Tick ‘tocks
    so cute!

I’d love to snorgle the fuzzy… tops and fronts of their bodies!

41. skippymom says:

Don’t really want to see tick ‘tocks, although I seem to recall we have seen some cute insect behinds on here in the past.

42. No behind left behind. Ahem. A most excellent hexameter.

43. Emily- Nosevember follows ‘Tocktober, take heart!

Metz-I see the feather pattern, too. At least there isn’t a fireplace nearby….

44. Reminds me of the story about Ping the Duck. Anyone remember that one?

45. Lots of delishas ‘tocks!

46. Katrina, throw another optical illusion on the barbie, eh?

47. Resriechan says:

@ Skip: as a career Librariologist, my answer to you, is “Yes, I remember it well.”

(somebody else, recently somewhere on CO got the ball rollin’ recently w/ the whole Maurice Chevalier/ “Gigi” theme. )

Is Gigi around? any input?

48. Ping the Duck! He got a smack on his ‘tocks, IIRC.

49. Hm, anybody else notice that the first verse of the Theme Song has an ABCB rhyming pattern, but the second verse is AABB?

50. Good heavens, Theresa, you’re right about the rhyme scheme! What sort of deviousness is he up to there, do you think?

51. @Theresa & skippymom: Having a 7 yr old and reading a LOT of Dr. Seuss lately I can vouch that changing rhyming schemes midstream isn’t all that unsual. ;-)

Seriously, I cannot stop staring at the illusion duck, and it’s staring back at me disapprovingly. :shock:

52. Metz, as a children’s librarian, I think that reading Dr. Seuss books out loud flawlessly is one of life’s most pleasant challenges. Good for the brain, I’m sure.
    Also Shel Silverstein, of course. Do you and your 7-year-old know his book Runny Babbit?

53. Skippymom, no I don’t believe I am familiar with that book. I am going to have to get it. The kids both have library activities after school today, so it’s my good fortune to have a special reccomendation to take along with me, thanks! :-D

*and I have yet to read Dr. Seuss aloud flawlessly. lol I think he had a sekrit sadistic side inside of him going, “Heee, oh the parents are just gonna LOVE saying this one!”

54. @ Metz, LOL. My kids loved Dr. Seuss, too. Trust me, after about a billion readings, you not only get it flawless, you got it memorized! I have this vivid memory of me driving to my sister’s( an 8 hour drive with an 18 month old), and my son turning the pages of the book as I (from the front seat) “read” to him (in the back seat).

55. @Wend, LOL we’re that way about a lot of P.D. Eastman’s books. We’ve got Go Dog Go! Memorized. In fact all it takes is for someone to say “Hello.” a certain way for any one of us to start in with “Do you like my hat?” :lol:

56. skippymom says:

Metz and Wend, my father was a professor of speech, and from the time I was very young he would make me recite complicated tongue-twisters. The early training comes in handy in my present line of work!

57. Metz, OMG! I remember that one! (not all of it, but some), and my youngest is 15!

58. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Re the rhyme scheme: I made up a little generic marching song melody while writing this, and the first part is from the chorus, and the second part is from the big finish.

59. Nine little ducks went out to play,
    over the hills and far away,
    but the one little duck with the feather in his back,
    he led the other with his QUACK QUACK QUACK!

60. @Metz and SkippyMom, my brother would sing Hop on Pop operatically to his son.

61. it looks like a little duck face coming out the ducks butt … look carefully

62. AuntieMame says:

@Theresa: In our house, that book was called “Don’t Jump on Daddy.” (My sister was very small at the time…)

63. ‘Tocktober. I will be sad to see it come to an end.

64. Queen of Dork says:

Feathered ‘tocks. How lovely! Love the way they point their *toes?* when they pick up their feet and then splat them down flat.

Resriechan: Yes! This is a great after work ‘tocktail.
    Jen8: Sad yes…but…NOSEVEMBER!!

65. Hey, Toctober is so enjoyable!
    NTMTOM ya make me smile!

To all those kiddie book readers,
    did you know you can sing Dr. Seuss’ ABC book to the ABC song?
    I used to sing my daughter to sleep to it. Can still do the whole thing from heart.
    All together now…
    Big A Little A what begins with A?
    Aunt Annie’s Alligator A A A

66. Selphie van der Boffin says:

Wings!!!

67. Awwwww! this reminds me of lunch!

68. awww… duck ‘tocks :D

69. Resriechan says:

In re. Kidz Bookz & P.D. Eastman:

IM(not always humble??) O, “Are you my mother?” ranks right up there with the best couple of Dr. Seuss items.

AND it has a cute doggy RIGHT on the cover, so CO’ers should be enthused by that alone !!!!!

Signed,
    An Extremely Mature & Thoroughly Elucidated Librariologist

(harumph)

70. MY all time favorite Dr. Seuss: (ahum),
    A Jed is in bed
    and the bed of the Jed is the softest of beds in the world, it is said
    he makes it from pom-poms he grows on his head
    right now he is sleeping on the softest of fluff
    completely exhausted from growing the stuff

It isn’t a haiku, but it is always a wonderful.