How Reflective Human Dramas from 1981 Instill Fear and Loathing in Collies

It happens about once or twice a year, so you’d think I’d be used to it. But, no. At least I can recognize the triggers now. You know, if someone says something about fishing or back flips, then I know it’s coming. I’ve stopped trying to hide; it’s no use. Always just a matter of time before she pops in “On Golden Pond” and dresses me up like Henry Fonda.

Look at the loons, Norman!

At least you’re over your “Tootsie” phase, Glenna M.

Comments

1. What make are those trainers? I think I can see a B1-33n logo.

[Har har. You know perfectly well that I understand rhyme. And h4x0r. :P - Ed.]

2. How very soft is that doggy??

3. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

(pauses for breath…)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

4. Love the hat and the doggies’s expression! :-D

5. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Oh, and just a quick note from our C.O. Safety Desk: Make sure your vehicle is equipped with reflective human dramas during snowy winter weather. Thank you.

6. LMAO~!

7. psst… I think that’s a Sheltie!

8. You old poop.

9. Theresa ROFLMAO!!!!

10. AuntieMame says:

Hahahaha! The scrolldown is awesome! First the doggeh face and the hat, then the fuzzy bod, then the honking huge shoes. LOL!

11. He is all, “I will bite you for this you know. And the sneaker, going to chew them to pieces, to pieces, you hear!”

12. Thats a Shetland Sheepdog…not a collie. Two totally different breeds. And for the record, Shelties are NOT miniature collies. Again, two totally different breeds. I have a collie and I get so annoyed when people think Shelties are just little collies!

13. The LOONS, Norman, the LOONS!

14. Von Zeppelin says:

Katie, are you SURE that’s a Sheltie? I thought their feet were smaller.

15. Nice work, Prongs and commenters. I needed a big belly laugh right now.

16. It’s definitely a Sheltie, not a collie. Some shelties just love to dress up in costume. Others need many, many cookies to agree to do this.

17. haha my sheltie wouldn’t let me dress her up if her life depended on it…

18. victoreia says:

@VonZep: *snerk*

19. That is not a collie it’s a sheltie!

20. Luv the eyeroll…how did they get that one??? This is too much; thanks, Prongs!

21. How did they get that dog to sit still for this? The hat, the eyeroll, the SHOES!

22. Look, if it was Henry Fonda in “Once Upon a Time in the West,” that would be really upsetting.

[...or Jane Fonda in "Barbarella" - Ed.]

23. victoreia says:

@Ed: [shudder] Don’t mention that Jane Fonda movie, please! Oh, the horror! Oh, the emotional scarring!

[faints]

24. Von Zeppelin says:

Funny, I don’t remember being emotionally scarred by Barbarella when I saw it as a high school boy. As a matter of fact, it had a lot to recommend it, in my view at the time. I liked it just as much when I saw it for the eleventh time.

25. this reminds me of me on Saturdays before I shave. naaah I’ve never been that cute.

26. Look, if it was Henry Fonda in “Barbarella,’ that would be really, really upsetting.

27. Would it be any better if it was Peter Fonda in Babarella?

28. The scary thing is I CAN imagine Peter Fonda in Barbarella !
    (I started to write that I could “see” him but that sounded a bit psycho.)

29. *sneaks in & beeps teh nose*

30. …or even Bridget Fonda in the remake of La Femme Nikita.

I’ll just leave this right here.

You’re welcome.

31. Or Henry Fonda in Single White Female…

32. Wow, some of you drink waaaay too much at your double feature parties. :P

33. When Henry Fonda crinkles his eyes, that’s one drink.

34. You know… I do have a home theater, 5.1 surround, LCD projector, screen’s 165″ diagonal… we call it the Movie Wall… there’s a mini-fridge…

35. On Golden Pond was filmed at Squam Lake, which is not far from me. This collie would be right at home in NH terrority. Come on up, go fishing and loaf around, in all of your collie glory!

[OK, how do shelties like it? ;) - Ed.]

36. Heavens, what an adorable baby!!!!

But, I must confess he reminds me of Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men…

37. teho, comment #34 just makes me need to ask…. “so are you inviting us over to your house to watch [someone named Fonda] in [some kind of movie]“? i mean, i live in cali but i’ll come over there if i were invited =D

[Depends. You bringing libations? I mean, if we're gonna be screening "Barbarella, Queen of the Galaxy"... - Ed.]

38. So apparently I’m the ONLY one who saw Hunter S Thompson and NOT Henry Fonda?
    “We can’t stop here, this is bat country!”

39. pinkmariposas says:

‘the look’ is priceless….this is the BEST-est ever
    I just wanna feel that silky lil guy.

40. Ooh, look at all that adorable white fluff. It must feel so nice to the touch.

41. No, RicaLynn. I saw thought the exact same thing. I assumed that was why Fear and Loathing was in the title. :)

[Me too, kinda. More than Michael Jackson, anyway. - Ed.]

42. the clothes the expression the pose its all just perfect lol
    and yes its a sheltie, collies have sharper faces

43. mmmmmph-

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! ROFL!!! :D

44. Bahaharoo!

45. I see him more as Inspector Clouseau. “Special delivery, a behm, were you expecting one?”

46. For some reason, I thought “Carmen Sandiego.”

47. Oh Norman! You’re my knight in shining armor, and don’t you ever forget it!

48. I thought Hunter S. Thompson too! Then the hovertext brought me back to reality… though I don’t recall Norman’s feet being quite that large. :)

One of my dogs is part chihuahua and part sheltie (we think). Now I see where he gets his beepable nose and his “must-be-patient-with-mommy-because-she-just-doesn’t-know-any-better” look. :D

49. That dog looks like he’s saying “I’ll get you for this!”

50. Resriechan says:

@ NTM: but, please clarify– did you LIKE it, or not?
    (*snerk*)

Signed,
    Affectionately Sarcastic

PS @ Theo: If we bring enough likker, can we watch “Charlie & the Choc Factory” (the Gene Wilder version OF COURSE) and “When Harry Met Sally”???

Signed,
    THAT oughta get a good punchline outta him (*snerk*)

51. teejaystudio says:

But when is the dog gonna get around to fixing the screen door?

52. Resriechan says:

(“or, maybe not”. Smiles & walks away, humming “doot da doo doo”…..)

53. I don’t know why but this one made me bust out laughing. Hilarious!

54. I’m not a loon, stop looking at me puppy!

55. Elisha B. says:

De eye roll, de mouff, de comments…….What a great way to start my Tuesday!!! My sheltie gives me the eye roll constantly, esp. when I am not rubbing his belly enough. He just HAS to be in the middle of all the affection (so jealous of his new brother – border collie mix). But it is a loving home with lots of belly rubs, toys, treats and runs in the backyard. Wish I had the life of just love, play and eats ;)

56. I can’t believe how many people have seen On Golden Pond! Is it any good? I’ve only watched the first 5 minutes

57. Hilariously cute!!!

58. From the hat, shoes, and expression, this dog looks pretty much exactly like my dad.

59. Anonymous Coward says:

@hmmm (sp?) —

the pup’s footwear is made by ‘Keen’ and no, i don’t own any shares in the company.

the hat, on the other hand, seems to be some generic wally-world thingie.

no, i’m not a fashion critic.

ac

p.s.: love the pic. the shoes and hat fit the pup perfectly. eh.

60. Looks Like he’s got the ‘Collie-Wobbles’! AHAHAHA (sorry brit joke!)

61. darkshines says:

We can’t stop here, this is cat country!

[egg ZACK lee. 8) - Ed.]

62. @roar: So the question is: Where. In the world. Is. (deep voice) CARMEN SANDIEGO.
    (Gotta love Rockapella!)

@fleece: “Collie-Wobbles” *snicker*

63. It is Viggo Mortensen’s brthday.

CAKE!

64. THE HOVERTEXT!!! THE HOVERTEXT!!!! EGADS YOU ARE KEEELING ME, CO!!!!
    ROFLROFLROFLROFL

65. BEEP!

66. GreyandWhite Kitty says:

So outdoorsy. Doggie should be a little more stylish.

67. Man – that dog has PATIENCE in spades

68. @victoreia: Whatever happened to Rockapella anyway?!?! i fell in lof wif dem way back before Carmen Sandiego but I haven’t seen them in anything since those looney “Astelin” commercials a couple years ago….

69. what a handsome dog!

70. This is fo sho a sheltie. It was submitted a while ago to SheltieNation.

71. heestareicle – specially the hovertext.

handsome collie/sheltie! – maybe next he’ll be dressed like henry II and she’ll be yelling (via hovertext), ‘it’s 1183 and we’re bararians…we have such possibilites my puppies.’

72. I don’t normally like dressed up pets, but BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    OMG the look on his face! THE LOOK! HAHAHAHAHA

73. rubber duck says:

Sheltie? What sheltie? There are no shelties here. No shelties. No dogs. No. None. There’s just, er, Uncle Harry dropped by on his fishing trip. Er. Yes. Right, Harry? [wf!]