Wait—It’s Trick… Or Treat?

Since when do I have to choose?  I mean, speaking as a raccoon, we’re sort of accustomed to doing both at once.  Like knocking over your garbage cans to take all the yummy scraps; that sort of thing.

(Which reminds me: We’ll be smashing those pumpkins later, so just leave the beer and sandwiches on the step, thanks.)

See, that's called 'synergy.'  Do I have to explain *everything* to you people?

Comments

1. Nice costume (I especially like the mask), but it looks like Harry McHairypants forgot to bring his treat bag.

2. AuntieMame says:

Wait, wait, let me guess! You’re dressed up as a zombie, right? Fabu costume! Looks great!

3. furry onesie with feetsies? – check
    bandit mask & ear headband? – check
    confused chubby toddler ready for first halloween? – checked off the map!

4. “I will now attempt to levitate this pumpkin….silence everyone, please!”

5. He’s CLEARLY going trick-or-treating as the racoon that attacks Buddy the Elf when he tries to give it a hug…..

6. Awww, looks like he’s taking a step back to admire his work. :)

7. Leaving beer and sandwiches…so is this the Halloween equivalent of leaving cookies and milk for Santa Claus?

8. Note to Aquamarine:

If Cris Angel were this cute, I’d definitely watch his show.

9. catloveschanel says:

“Now let me get this straight, you put the lime in the coconut, you drink ‘em all up, ya mix em both together?”
    that is a truly beautiful photo with the blue and the orange

10. OMG Not the Dreaded SYNERGY word…..

Oh sorry I had a flash back to past meetings.
    (snicker)

11. @ aquamarine ROFLMAO!!!!11!!1!

12. Awwwwwww…

13. Trick AND Treat, dammit! Trick AND Treat!

14. wannadance says:

haiku?????????

15. Auntie Meme says:

“Huh???? They *look* like punkins….but no pumkinny smell. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy not eatable??? Stupid hoomans. No treat, bad trick.”

16. masked invader stands
    looks up with beseeching eyes
    “pass the pumpkin, please”

17. So cute! I used to think raccoons were a scary nuisance, but there’s five of them living in my neighborhood, going stoop to stoop looking for leftovers . I’d totally give him a treat if he knocked on my door at Halloween.

18. BabyOpossum says:

Old t-shirt, ripped jeans
    Do not a “hobo” suit make
    You disappoint me.

19. Oh oh oh!! Soooo cute cute cute!!

I wonder if my 13 year old daughter would dress up as a raccoon for me on 10/31… hmm, probably not. HMPH.

20. Raccoons are adorable. Even if they are naughty.

21. kittyadventures: :-D

tonya: i so don’t know who cris angel is…..does that make me a TOTAL geek…..or just really old…..? it’s true i’m listening to REM (i hear they are now considered a “classic”)

haiku:
    got my orange crush
    the smell of rotting pumpkins
    drivin’ me away

22. What a cute little trick-or-treater. I would give him my whole bowl of candy. Well, maybe I’d keep a few of the Reese Cups for myself.

23. TracyFlick says:

Why are raccoons so cute but so ill-tempered? I hate it. They are so cute but they will kick the crap out of you if they want. One day we will be able to pick you up and cuddle you, without you ripping us to shreds. One day…

24. True Story … There was a cat that used to cry at night near one of my windows. She was always gone when I tried to search for her. I think she may have been in heat. Anyway, I put out a bowl of dry cat food just in case she was hungry. So one night I heard some crunching and thought it was her, but when I looked out, it was a raccoon. He was sitting with the bowl and picking out the pieces with his hands as if it were candy. I told him the food was not for him, but he just looked at me liek I was crazy to be talking to a raccoon and continued to eat from the bowl. It was very cute.

25. RACCOON ZOMBIE

26. Okay, this one DEFINITELY needs a photoshopping!

Trick or Treat!

27. They should put cat food inside of the jack-o-lantern and then put a video camera near it to record the mayhem that is to ensue!

28. fearthebear says:

@kittykye – AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thanks!

29. GreyandWhite Kitty says:

He’s a cutie. I want to hug him.

30. skippymom says:

Aww, kittykye–if he showed up at my house with his little bag I would dump all the candy in it and put a Closed sign on my door.

(I love Halloween but I’m kinda dreading it this year. Last year, my first at this house, I got 138 kids. Don’t they know I also have to pay the mortgage?)

31. It’s supposed to be fried eggs and beer.

32. Von Zeppelin says:

Racoon looks like he is about to break into song–perhaps an impersonation of Maurice Chevalier crooning “Sank ‘eaven fohr leetle gerlzz.” Needs a straw skimmer, though.

33. RAWR!

34. One year, we over-bought Halloween candy by three full bags of little individually wrapped Snickers bars, the kind that come in a plasticky wrapper. In an act of self-preservation, we threw them in the garbage the next morning. The following morning when I came out to get in my car to go to work, all the wrappers were left very neatly arranged, all over the entire driveway and retaining wall. It looked like they still had the candy in them until I picked one up, and saw that it had been neatly slit in the top. All of them were simiilarly slit and were empty. In my minds eye, all the raccoons were very sick for a few days, and got pimples. Served them right.

35. Soooooo mis-cheevus. so are the new hampshire squrls stealing the ‘merican flags at the cemetary. but they weren’t trick r treating. they were making patriotic squrl sized sleeping bags for the cold winters up here. they meant no disrespect…

36. scoutsmom: is scout the name of your….child…..dog…..cat…..wolverine? or something? we have a scout too!!

37. Raccoons are just too cute. We were in our hot tub one night and heard a strange noise very close by. I poked my head over the side and saw a masked bandito about two feet back from the tub looking right back at me! I think he or she wanted to steam some veggies in the hot tub. We nixed that idea…

38. fawn lust says:

mmm, beer and sandwiches…

39. Resriechan says:

@ wannadance: HI !!

HonGlad & I were just trading comments the other day, that we haven’t had any fun wit from you or from Pyrit for maybe a week or two now (or one other regular witty person but just now I’ve forgotten who ’tis. So we’ve boycotted Friday Haiku until all the good guys show up again (AB solutely kidding on that. Not sure at all wha’ happ w/ Haiku; maybe Meg is in Antarctica & the Boyz …..don’t enjoy Haiku or somthin’)
    So when you next see HonGlad (I HOPE I’m remembering correctly, which person) in a comment stream, plz give greetings you are no longer MIA!!

@ Skippymom: Obvy, the kidz have realized that you choose to distribute chocolate eclairs or something similarly wonderful (& messy). Have you considered instead, giving out drinking straws, from Burger King? There is some likelihood, that the following year you would have not only a peaceful Halloween night (but perhaps also plenty of extra toilet tissue available, as well, the following morning..)

40. Resriechan says:

ps @ skippymom: I might be incorrect, but, in fact, I would hazard a guess, that the Munchkins & vampires & Playboy Bunnies….might NOT know, that you have to pay a mortgage.

“Jus sayin'” (winky winky)

41. Resriechan says:

@ Aquamarine:

Nope, you ain’t no geek (and I ain’t no English teecher, needer !!)

Arts/ Entert (A&E channel)/ cable. The guy is evidently pop with some pre-adult population (vampire preteens or something). BLECH. ….combining allegedly SHOCKING circumstances (are ya SKEERED, YET?????) with escape-artist scheme. I’m sure that some peeps are just charmed by him & it will turn out by the end of this comments thread, that CrissAngel is actually the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama AND Mother Teresa combined but for me……
    BLECH. ptui. Anyway, that’s the reference that was made.

Signed,
    “What’s the matter with kids today”

(Anybody wanna guess “from which show” –think it WAS on Broadway….that lyric derived???) Earworm #2 for the night.

42. Looks like the little guy’s trying to do the Thriller dance XD

[...like this???? ;) - Ed.]

43. Queen of Dork says:

Maybe he’s trying to hypnotise the jack o lantern to bark like a dog. Or cluck like a chicken.

Wannadance: We missed you!!!!

44. Resriechan says:

@ QoD: very insightful analysis, there. Definitely seems like you have something, there!

45. @Resriechan – pretty sure it’s A Funny Thing Happened….

Too cyoot bandito! my neighbors attempted to keep a young raccoon as a pet one winter. Didn’t turn out so well. See TracyFlick’s comment for details

46. @ resriechgan is it Music Man

as in We got trouble right here in River city.

Those bad kids playing at the pool hall!

47. Resriechan says:

Well, folks, while those are a couple of AWESOME guesses, ….er, nope.
    (And I say that in the kindest possible way !!! )
    Two hints:
    1) I don’t mean the version (about which I never knew, before this last 15 minutes)
    by a group or something called NOFX
    2)First gained national attention onstage in 1960 (I’m not sure when the song itself was written first; on a borrowed puter now which jjashdfao f has some stupid “Parental Screening” thing & won’t let me to the item I want)
    3)AND the performance of the song actually includes a DOGGIE onstage (so it goes quite well overall)

@ KittyAdventures, strangely enough, I think that THAT song…is …well…actually CALLED “Trouble” (kinda makes it a little easier, huh? ) However that song is a great guess, cuz the theme & such are exactly identical !!

you all are so much fun!

48. That’s a very snorglable belly.

49. victoreia says:

You put your right foot. You put your right foot out….

>:)

50. victoreia says:

(Rats! I meant :evil: )

51. Coons that EAT baby kittens (I’ve seen it with my own eyes!) & attack people
    now-a-days are NOT cute in my books!!!

52. @ Resriechan: bye bye birdie?

53. Resriechan says:

@ Aquamarine: WE HAZ A WIENER (er) WINNER!!!!!!!!

Your prize? Our enduring gratitude.

(Sorry but, y’know, the economy’s crap just now. Will you take an IOU???)

54. Resriechan says:

PS: Ka- CHING!!!!!

Signed,
    That’s not the same thing as the I-ching.

55. Resriechan says:

@ fawn lust:

“fawn lust”??????????

Please explicate further detail. Thanyeverrmuch.

56. CUTE!!

57. Bandito/bandita!

58. Somebody is ready for halloween!
    He needs to carve my pumpkins!

59. lauralovesworld says:

60. this is so cutie i bet you had to train it

61. “Don’t you hate it when you have to choose between two pumpkins? Man, I HATE it when that happens!”

62. “Uhm, the wife said to bring home a pumpkin … but I forgots mah punkin’ wagon.”

63. emily rachel says:

ay ay ay ay ay
    like frito bandito–but
    i steal your pumpkins

64. hmmm treat… no is a trick they wanna kill me! waaa sados!

65. So cute i love it!