The Great White Way. Meow.

Nice day. Sun shining. Annoying dogs fetching. It just makes me…want…to…

Not feeling Starlight Express...

...FEELING ALL THE BUMPERS, ALWAYS PLAYING CLEAN, HE PLAYS BY INTUITION, THE DIGIT COUNTERS FALL…THAT DEAF, DUMB, AND BLIND KID SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBAAAALLLLL!

Aaack...aaaack...oh god, I'm choking on a whisker....AAAACK

What, let me guess – you were expecting something from Cats? Please. I have way more depth than that.

Tommy hears me.

He’s the master of the house, Rachel P.

Comments

1. Awesome choice of song lyric.

2. Thank you Prongs for making my morning! A Who reference, a musical reference, a tabby sitting pretty…does it get any better than this? I think not!

3. Oh for the love of little green apples!!! A baby tabby that sings Pinball Wizard is his mane Elton? I’m in LOOOOVE!!!!

4. earlybird1 says:

He’s the Hairball Wizard…

5. i’ll say it again… there’s nuthin in the world like a kitten.

6. GreyandWhite Kitty says:

Perfectly kitten.

7. What an adorable kitty. Now, however I am singing Master of the House from Les Miz, instead of Pinball Wizard. :lol:

8. Prongs, you are my show tune hero…
    Pic 1: “Where is love? Does it fall from sky’s above? Is it underneath the willow tree, that I’ve been dreaming of?”

Pic 2: “There are giants in the sky!”

Pic 3: “Anything you can do I can do better! I can do anything better than you!”

9. i loves me some tabby. i could stare at him all day. *sigh*

10. What a handsome guy! He’s all, “What is your problem? You just interrupted my big finish. I AM the Master of the House.” :D

11. 260Oakley says:

A Chorus feLine

12. Um…yep, thanks…now Master of the House is stuck in my head like it was in George Costanza’s.
    Great.
    Thanks.

Although it is worth it to see those photos of such a prosh tabbeh!!!

*walks away*
    ..mmmaster of the house…doling out the fish….ready with a litter scoop and an open box….
    AUGH.

13. Katharine says:

this isn’t a tabby. it’s actually a maine cat because it has the “M” on the forehead. i have a baby one that looks EXACTLY like this, but he’s only 7 weeks where this one looks to be about 4 months.

14. Katharine says:

maine coon cat*

15. Pretty kitty!

16. that last picture says “stop making blogs and start making tuna”

17. Pretty kitten!!!!

18. Ah, the work-a-day life of your average kitteh. Such a grind, I don’t know how they ever get a thing done. I mean, that tree out there isn’t going to watch itself, you know.

19. Bed! Bed! I couldn’t go to bed, my head’s to light to try to set it down
    Sleep!Sleep! I couldn’t sleep tonight
    Not for all the jewels in the crown
    I could have miaowed all night, I could have miaowed all night
    and still have fought that Tom

20. metsakins says:

So that is what my kitty is thinking when he stares at the blue spruce in front of the house. and I always thought he was looking for birds. Silly hooman.

21. A totally cat-like cat…I like ‘em that way.

22. I used to sing to my darling Stinky:
    Attend the tale of Stinky Todd
    He has a black and white fuzzy bod

23. metsakins says:

Curse you Prongs, I’ve just come out of the bathroom singing Pinball Wizard! It’s gonna be a long day.

*goes to put on internet radio, Pandora*

24. LeAnn (not LeAnna) says:

I could think of worse things than singing songs from Tommy.

25. Resriechan says:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

To the Peeps:

This is my guy SALINGER (*ok, let’s go over this again in case an elephant on a streetcar ate your homework: Salinger the dear departed was named after the author JD S. who wrote the classic Catcher in the Rye. NOT the Salinger in politics…I’m a “Librariologist”) lookin’ out the winder. HE looked EXACTLY like this little guys (awesome green eyeballs among other matching bits)

RIP SALINGER: You were the best (4-legged) guy I ever met. (sniff, sniff)
    (wipes dribbling tears from corners of an eye)

Signed,
    And Now You Know.

(KINDA similar, to The More You Know.
    (sniff)

26. Tommy hears me. Brilliant! Prongs you rock!

27. Resriechan says:

oops
    “this little guy” NOT “this little guys”
    Also: I’m not at a computer where I know where the emoticon codes are, or I woulda added a sad one or three.
    (sniff)

28. Resriechan says:

ps: sorry I just realized: “something in the way” (Geo. Harrison) I wrote that, could be misleading: what I mean is, this little cutie is the REINCARNATION of my best guy. ‘Tisnt my picture; although I do have several. (I’m absolutely hopeless in the area of downloading images through computer programs & submitting them & such)

Anyway; sorry if I’m indulging in being a Debbie Downer. Please forgive any unnecessary angst caused to anyone besides me.

29. re Katharine (14):
    “Probably the most distinctive feature seen in common on all tabby cats is the “M” on their foreheads. You will also see this M on many of the big jungle cats, such as tigers, cheetahs, and ocelots.”

30. tommy fan says:

Thank you so much for this.

31. Salinger’s a great name for a kitty, Resriechan. He must’ve been a cutie if he looked like this guy, who could be bros with my little M-head, too.

@ earlybird1: Hairball Wizard made me LOL!!!! ;)

32. Hon Glad…somewhere Audrey Hepburn is dancing away with Resriechan’s Salinger in her arms…that was positively awesome.

And in the same vein for pic # 3: Why can’t a dog be more like a cat?

33. metsakins says:

@Resriechan – We all hear you here. No one’s goin’ to call you a downer for remembering a former family member. We all do it here. That’s what makes Teh Cte our extended family.

34. Sorry, but this little guy is a tabby…NOT a Maine Coon.

He is perfectly lovely!!!

35. Rachel P. says:

Wow, what a surprise when I go to get my daily dose of cute and see my very own kitteh staring back at me! :D But one minor note – “he” is actually a “she”…Her name is Izzie. ;)

Thanks to all the compliments, I happen to be partial but I agree she’s as lovely as they come! *adores her sweet little kitteh*

36. Rachel P. says:

p.s.

She isn’t a maine coon, altho that would be awesome…she’s outgrown the kitten fuzziness and her fur is short, as was her mommy and daddy’s.

37. I love Tabbies and the little Ms on their foreheads.

38. Gorgeous tabby girl! Yes, you is!

39. Tommy hears me.

He hears me too, kitteh.

40. Rachel, how did you not snorgle that thing to death at an early age? Izzie is too cute.

41. Sweet little tabby!

42. Maybe an “Earworm” tag… :twisted:

43. Rock on Izzie kitty!!! Rock on!

44. Izzie is just lovely! Our brown tabby Basil likes to sit at the window like that, too, with his front legs curled up on the window sill. Basil and Izzie would make quite a cute little pair watching over the yard.

45. Sigh, the hard hard life of a house cat.

46. I am such a sucker for these little tabbies. Our kitty like to sit in the front window and look out at the world. Whenever I leave and she’s there I always want to come back in. There’s this little head in a big window and it’s so wicked cute I just want to turn right around.

47. tineetabbee
    *deep breath*

48. TINYTABBY

49. Starlinguk says:

tabby = striped cat
    if Maine Coon = striped then Maine Coon = tabby

And here endeth the maths lesson

P.S. DAS FLOOF! *faints*

50. I’ve already decided, when I die I’m coming back as a well taken care of kitty baby. Oh the life they live… Time to lay down with my twin orange tabbies…

51. I knew it was a girl! I can usually tell. That yawning picture is just the dearest thing ever. Reminds me of a certain someone, too, Resriechan. :(

52. Cats have the LIFE!
    As I sit here perusing WordPress and watching my puppy nap, there are many days that I wish my biggest concern was “play, eat, poop, play, eat, sleep.”
    I would upload a picture of this napping puppy if it were possible; but thank you for sharing a day-in-the-life-of with us!

53. Queen of Dork says:

Awwwwww. I love the big kitty smile in the first pic. Today’s my b-day and that smile felt like a happy little present. :)

54. Mary (the first). says:

My 19 yr. old kitteh does the same thing, gets in window with paws onto windowsill for closest up close look at the outside world. Of course, then I had to get foam padding.. blankie.. etc. onto the windowsill to cushion her elderly little bones. She’s gone pretty deaf but can see fine… watches the world go by.

55. snoopysnake says:

Soooo cute! Give Izzie a nose nuzzle from me!

56. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

omg tabbies are too moishe!

57. Master of the house, quick to catch yer eye
    Never wants a passerby to pass him by…

Charge ‘em for the lice, extra for the mice
    Two percent for looking in the mirror twice

One of the best songs ever!

58. Tommy earworm will not die!
    Cow-workers stare as if i am mad, laughing and quoting….”you know where to put the plug!”
    great song, great kitteh, just plain GREAT DAY!

59. Just sittin’ in the window, watching all the cats go by…….

60. want.

61. @Lizzy

Charge ‘em for the mice,
    Extra for the stripes,
    Three per cent for lyin’ ’round and lookin’ nice.

62. Resriechan says:

@ Ashagato, Suzanne & Metsakins: my thanks for your compassion. I hope that each of you has a furry (or finny or scaly) friend who means as much to you & gives you joy.

Peace.

63. AWW :D Rachel P., you have a cutie of a kitty named Izzie :D Please give her lots and lots of SNORGLES :twisted: or I will :twisted:

64. @TUM Lolz!!

Master of the house, doling out the charm
    Ready with an open mouf to catch a nom!
    Has a saucy tale, makes a little purr
    Precious and so fuzzy and a bon-viveur!
    Glad to lick a friend wif a flavor
    Doesn’t cost him to be nice
    But nothing gets you nothing
    Everything is better with some mice!

65. *saucy TAIL

Oops…

66. Resriechan says:

@ Katrina (spec. comment #60): You remember that song from the 50s/60s? The group performed it again for a PBS (TV) Doo-Wop nostalgia concert, a couple of years ago & it was such a fun bit …They did it in a really playful, affectionate style.

67. SQUEEEEE!!! Byootiful kitteh.

68. @Lizzy (#65): LOL!

Happy birthday QofD!

69. Resriechan says:

I second the B’day wishes for the AWESOMELY cute QoD!!

(y’know, “hippo birdies, two ewes & stuff :) )

70. Jenn in IL says:

That is one wise lookin’ little kitteh…SO cute, I’d snorgle him anyway.

71. KatieZientek says:

I’m not feeling an overload of cute here. *shrug*

72. Tygress22 says:

Then wait a little while, KatieZ, and you will. Not everyone has the same cute sensors :)

73. The ‘M’ on the forehead is there to show you where to rub.

74. 1st picture looks like he is smiling out the window. Soft I wanna pet him.
    2nd picture HEEEY dog poop somewhere else! LOL
    3rd sshhhheesh…what!?!

75. Happy, happy birthday, babeeeeeeee, Q of D!

76. resriechan says:

(sigh)
    Well, even tho’ S. is still gone (hopefully to the Upstairs Department), at least this weekend I can keep comin’ back to these 3 photos & reminisce.

Only photo that’s missing, is one of him having mad, passionate intimacy with my friend N’s STANK boots. Some days, I think he only stayed around me, in order to gain access to the STANK….& maybe liver & catnip occasionally.

(snicker, *snerk* JK, etc.)

77. This kitty is so great.

In the last picture especially the schnozzle looks soooo cute. Those upperlip parts with the whiskers and that chin, I would smooch it so hard…